Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-09 12:43:08, last edited by oranj (2015-09-09 18:58:47)

oranj
EE Homegirl
Website

Add Custom Gem Code

It's pretty annoying that you can only do certain amounts. It should be however much you want

f0872edc17bb4a21a24c813c41c4f8b8.png
An orange made of Oranjes

#2 2015-09-09 18:06:39

skullz17

Re: Add Custom Gem Code

Tbh I thought it would be like this when I read it in the patch notes.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#3 2015-09-09 19:43:56

Weirdoverse
Website

There should be +5, +10 +25, if mods are lazy af

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

Wooted by:

#4 2015-09-09 19:54:48

Anak

Someone was talking about this in chat
They said if you could have, say, 1 gem, EE would actually lose money?
I can't remember the whole detail

#5 2015-09-09 21:21:36

Bobithan

Anak wrote:

That wouldn't really make any sense. EE doesn't lose any money from gem code transactions, as all gems are already paid for. Sure, a black market could exist (and already does to an extent) where people buy gems from each other rather than the game, but that's a lot of effort for a very small payout compared to what you already get from the shop. I mean, look at games like CS:GO and TF2. Those markets do exist and they are huge, but they are microscopic in comparison to what Valve makes from the raw key sales from people who just don't bother with that sketchy market. A gem market wouldn't be any different.

So yeah, I am in full support of this idea. I really want to hold miscellaneous micro-contests but a 50 gem code prize is quite a bit for a small game.

Wooted by:

#6 2015-09-09 21:55:29

skullz17

Bobithan wrote:
Anak wrote:

That wouldn't really make any sense. EE doesn't lose any money from gem code transactions, as all gems are already paid for. Sure, a black market could exist (and already does to an extent) where people buy gems from each other rather than the game, but that's a lot of effort for a very small payout compared to what you already get from the shop. I mean, look at games like CS:GO and TF2. Those markets do exist and they are huge, but they are microscopic in comparison to what Valve makes from the raw key sales from people who just don't bother with that sketchy market. A gem market wouldn't be any different.

So yeah, I am in full support of this idea. I really want to hold miscellaneous micro-contests but a 50 gem code prize is quite a bit for a small game.

Not all gems are paid for, you get some from campaigns and from login bonuses.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#7 2015-09-10 00:20:12

Bobithan

skullz17 wrote:
Bobithan wrote:
Anak wrote:

Hm, yeah, that could be abused then definitely. Maybe have a hidden counter that separates bought gems from earned gems? Idk

Wooted by:

#8 2015-09-10 00:36:17, last edited by lolwtfbbq (2015-09-10 00:36:37)

lolwtfbbq

Bobithan wrote:
Anak wrote:

These games are supported by Steam.
EE isn't supported by Steam
EE is vulnerable to hackers
EE can be stole
EE can be poor
EE can die

noob123: >.< WHY DID YOU GIVE HIM EDIT!!!!
someone: he is a mod, he can have edit in all worlds.
noob123: wow! i want to become a mod!

#9 2015-09-10 02:33:37

Kirby

This is because you can win easy campaigns on alts and give yourself gems. They want to make an amount where you actually have to buy the gems

#10 2015-09-10 03:21:28

Prodigy

hmmmmm seems legit

h0qIF0q.png

#11 2015-09-10 03:23:10, last edited by Fastmapler (2015-09-10 03:23:47)

Fastmapler

How about we just add a mininum to the amount of gems a gem code can have? 25 Gems most likely requires all of the campaigns and a few months of the daily login bonus. 25 Gems is also a good gift if somebody wants to buy an single classic package.

"Description: Description: is definitely orginal!" ~ Fastmapler The https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/3/30/049_grinch

Wooted by:

#12 2015-09-10 13:15:15

oranj
EE Homegirl
Website

Fastmapler wrote:

How about we just add a mininum to the amount of gems a gem code can have? 25 Gems most likely requires all of the campaigns and a few months of the daily login bonus. 25 Gems is also a good gift if somebody wants to buy an single classic package.

I like this idea. You can't get 25 gems from campaigns

f0872edc17bb4a21a24c813c41c4f8b8.png
An orange made of Oranjes

Wooted by:

#13 2015-09-10 14:00:07

Zumza

For a good economy gems must flow.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#14 2015-09-10 16:44:39

skullz17

Bobithan wrote:
skullz17 wrote:
Bobithan wrote:
Anak wrote:

Hm, yeah, that could be abused then definitely. Maybe have a hidden counter that separates bought gems from earned gems? Idk

Yep. In other words, this.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#15 2015-11-22 02:10:19

Bobithan

Bumping this thread w/ an idea on how to prevent abuse

When buying custom gem codes, you shouldn't be able to buy them with the gems already in your account. Instead, you buy them directly with real world money.

Wooted by:
Bobithan1448154619560654

Board footer