Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#76 2016-03-27 09:00:34

minam

Re: Full Screen & Vision Blocker

People are scared because they think they have to download Unity into their browsers. I believed in this and panicked, too.

In reality, it is only for people who play the downloaded version. If you play on EE, EE Minimal, or Kongregate, it runs as flash right now. On these websites, Flash will change into HTML5, not Unity.

To keep it simple:
People who use websites to play EE: Flash->HTML5
People who download EE to play: Flash -> Unity

Go to http://blog.everybodyedits.com/2015/11/ … ody-edits/ for the actual content written by nou. It is stated clearly in red text.

#77 2016-03-27 09:18:04

Anatoly
Banned
Website

For a reason i can't see full screen image

I get
After some linking i got

Last edited by Anatoly (2016-03-27 09:21:44)

#78 2016-03-27 16:26:13

Anatoly
Banned
Website

Ben wrote:

@AnatolyEE Fixed

Just use this image URL: http://s12.postimg.org/fozrv7cy3/3333.png

#79 2016-04-08 22:46:29

Prodigy

Bump. I actually want this now because when making a world and want to block a certain part of the minimap this would for sure come in handy.

h0qIF0q.png

#80 2016-04-08 22:54:21

Cakeje

I really like the idea of vision blockers, would really help in a world I contributed to, our world we submitted to the Spring Contest.

We should all support this! I can't complain about these blocks and I think none of you guys see any point of criticism against them as well. These blocks should be added to the game and I'm sure many new, cool worlds can be created with those blocks. Think of the many opportunities!! :O //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

unknown.png

Thanks to HG for making the sig

#81 2016-08-17 03:37:57

Onjit
Website

Has there been any confirmation from the staff on whether this will be added? It's very clear that the community wants it, and that it would be useful. I have a rather ambitious project I am working on at the moment and I'm not going to continue if this isn't added, because it will severely diminish the quality of the level.

---

I have and idea that could extend the functionality of the vision blockers - have them be able to be activated/deactivated via switches.

Sbf6A4k.gif
Thanks Bluecloud for the sig, and Zoey for the avatar!
.:|:;

Wooted by:

#82 2016-08-17 10:07:29

Koya
Fabulous User

Onjit wrote:

Has there been any confirmation from the staff on whether this will be added? It's very clear that the community wants it, and that it would be useful. I have a rather ambitious project I am working on at the moment and I'm not going to continue if this isn't added, because it will severely diminish the quality of the level.

---

I have and idea that could extend the functionality of the vision blockers - have them be able to be activated/deactivated via switches.

Would require these to be on a third layer (or block modifyer) to allow for blocks to be used under; later patch.

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#83 2018-03-05 16:18:03

Glaauber
Formerly AndroidLayger

Worlds Creators need it, we need it. The Vision Block will become an essential block for the EE, i hope.

I am a noob player and have only one smiley.
Thanks Ravatroll, Unau,Stagecrew and Napakeun for tutorials and for awesome worlds.

- Perfect 7 -
Selection of Morph of Blocks / Decorations
Jungle Pack Addition
Half Blocks, Bricks and Stairs Decoratives

I'll keep building. Because the only thing I can do to keep this game alive is build, so yes, I'll keep building.

Wooted by:

#84 2018-03-05 21:47:30

Whirl

AndroidLayger wrote:

Worlds Creators need it, we need it. The Vision Block will become an essential block for the EE, i hope.

xfliCwv.png
R8mvff5.png
still waiting

Wooted by:

#85 2018-03-05 22:37:20

Jet
Wiki Mod (Formerly zyhrllos)

Whirl wrote:
AndroidLayger wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/xfliCwv.png
https://i.imgur.com/R8mvff5.png
still waiting

whaaaaaaaat??? who's RUDIK3000???! aren't you WHIRL?

#86 2018-03-05 23:15:02

XxAtillaxX
Website

Onjit wrote:

---

I started working on it a couple months ago, actually, but it's up to them whether to finish it now. I'd like to see it completed, would be neat.

DmFIchxUFF.png

Wooted by:

#87 2018-03-06 13:12:02

Whirl

Jet wrote:
Whirl wrote:
AndroidLayger wrote:

still waiting

I'm called as RUDIK3000 in 2014-2016, you can see
M8LBLYr.png

Last edited by Whirl (2018-03-06 13:12:30)

#88 2018-03-06 13:42:32

Anatoly
Banned
Website

Whirl wrote:
Jet wrote:
Whirl wrote:
AndroidLayger wrote:

still waiting

https://i.imgur.com/M8LBLYr.png

You don’t get it, do you?

You inserted here a dialog with a staff member who left, the “promise” is 2 years old. Stop, please.

#89 2018-03-06 17:09:32

Whirl

AnatolyEE wrote:
Whirl wrote:
Jet wrote:
Whirl wrote:
AndroidLayger wrote:

still waiting

https://i.imgur.com/M8LBLYr.png

You don’t get it, do you?

You inserted here a dialog with a staff member who left, the “promise” is 2 years old. Stop, please.

ik is old

but what if new ee devs got on vision blocker thing :oooooooo

Last edited by Whirl (2018-03-06 17:10:04)

#90 2018-03-06 17:34:45

Gosha
Dev Team

please all stay on topic.

I don't think this will be ever implemented. There are too many other problems that need to be solved. There is no time for a huge block like this one

#91 2018-03-06 17:47:10

LukeM
Formerly destroyer123
Website

Gosha wrote:

I don't think this will be ever implemented. There are too many other problems that need to be solved. There is no time for a huge block like this one

Something like this would itself solve a lot of those problems though :O

It would mean you dont need to have a huge amount of space between parts of worlds
It would let them display more of the world on the screen without requiring even bigger gaps between parts
It would mean that they could let the game window be resizable while still allowing worlds where you cant see the whole thing
It would let them finally centre the window on the player!!! (without breaking old worlds, although they might require some modification)
It would mean they could fix the problems with the scaling of the game when in fullscreen (minimap sizing being inconsistent)

- Luke Miles

Wooted by:

#92 2018-03-06 18:20:37

Gosha
Dev Team

LukeM wrote:

LukeM wrote:

I was talking about the vision block //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I've created Full Screen clients before, even without source code. It's not that complicated, but requires to change some const values to flexible values responding to resize

Wooted by:

Jet

#93 2018-03-06 20:28:01

LukeM
Formerly destroyer123
Website

Gosha wrote:

I was talking about the vision block //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

IK, I was too, there are a lot of problems that it would indirectly solve (heres my logic):

Currently, worlds often have parts that they dont want players to see between, so if the staff dont want to break old worlds, they cant change the view distance. If there was a block that limited your vision however, large gaps could be replaced by the vision blocker so they wouldnt be broken if the players view distance was larger.

It would mean you dont need to have a huge amount of space between parts of worlds:
Dont need a 15 or whatever block gap for people not to be able to see past it

It would let them display more of the world on the screen without requiring even bigger gaps between parts:
The bigger the screen, the larger the gap would need to be

It would mean that they could let the game window be resizable while still allowing worlds where you cant see the whole thing:
If its resizable, you wouldnt be able to have places players couldnt see, because theoretically you could have a screen size that could see the whole world

It would let them finally centre the window on the player!!! (without breaking old worlds, although they might require some modification):
All worlds that need a gap currently have a different distance on the left than the right, because the player is slightly to the right of the screen. If the player was moved to the centre then they might be able to see past some of them slightly (not a big deal, but it might be a bit annoying having to move everything to make old worlds look a bit better)

It would mean they could fix the problems with the scaling of the game when in fullscreen (minimap sizing being inconsistent):
If you can have a resizable view distance, then you can resize the game more cleverly, so its always scaled by an integer, just the window is slightly different sizes

tl;dr; Without vision blockers you cant change view distance without breaking old worlds, being able to change view distance fixed a lot of problems.

Last edited by LukeM (2018-03-06 20:42:43)

- Luke Miles

#94 2018-03-06 21:30:07

Abelysk
Formerly Kefka
Website

Gosha wrote:

please all stay on topic.

Lmao Gosha gets banned for trying to help by stunting people sliding way off-topic while THEY don't get banned? I get it's minimodding but his post wasn't just "please stay on topic" it also added a thought into why vision blockers are hard to implement and not worth the time at the moment.

This is literally police arresting people for super trivial reasons, like come on.

And Gosha didn't even force his minimodding, he just asked politely hence the "please"... minimodding would be pointing fingers and writing a paragraph on why whirl/jet should not be talking about that.

And yet he gets banned for saying a brief, concise, 5-worded IMPORTANT point to bring the off-topicness to a halt. And it worked.

At least warn him, or do nothing about it. Do you value reputation or do you value being a jerk? You don't even get money for banning people so I don't SEE why you would ban him for such a teeny tiny pick at an issue.

I wanna make art again..
XBbUN6F.png

Wooted by:

#95 2018-03-08 01:17:35

shadowda

this is the #1 thing ee needs. i dont care about normal blocks or smileys, or anything else.

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#96 2018-03-08 01:29:55

Jet
Wiki Mod (Formerly zyhrllos)

shadowda wrote:

this is the #1 thing ee needs

reboot? refined lobby? game-breaking exploits fixed? cpu usage fix? lag fix? bug fixes? improved profiles?

#97 2018-03-08 02:07:12

Glaauber
Formerly AndroidLayger

Jet wrote:

reboot?

Reboot is a bad idea only for me? Just make the best to fix the bugs and cpu usage, lol.

I am a noob player and have only one smiley.
Thanks Ravatroll, Unau,Stagecrew and Napakeun for tutorials and for awesome worlds.

- Perfect 7 -
Selection of Morph of Blocks / Decorations
Jungle Pack Addition
Half Blocks, Bricks and Stairs Decoratives

I'll keep building. Because the only thing I can do to keep this game alive is build, so yes, I'll keep building.

#98 2018-03-08 16:15:11

peace

reboot is bad for old players as they lose all their time spent in ee

1HIqRW7.png MYaIIs9.png
ty anatoly and blueclued

Wooted by:

#99 2018-03-08 20:54:01

mutantdevle
Website

peace wrote:

reboot is bad for old players as they lose all their time spent in ee

I lost all my time spent on ee when I played EE because timee is not refundable.

Devlin = mutantdevle

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

They say that if you stare at an avatar for too long they start to stare back...

"Crumpets, tea, slavery!" - The British Empire.

#100 2018-03-09 03:40:33

shadowda

Jet wrote:
shadowda wrote:

this is the #1 thing ee needs

reboot? refined lobby? game-breaking exploits fixed? cpu usage fix? lag fix? bug fixes? improved profiles?

Nope. those can wait.

well, no reboot.
Why would profiles be better than this.

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

Doomsdaytoy90001523055905701854

Board footer