Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2015-07-31 15:50:12

Era

Re: Campaign mode - alternative solutions discussion

anch159 wrote:

Why do you care so much if you loose edit rights to your world (and stuff)?
I'd be more happy knowing me world was featured in a campaign than editing it. If you finished creating the world, why would you edit it more?

cause updates sometimes break sutff, also nobody is perfect thud you might have overlooked a tiny, yet gamebreaking detail.

#77 2015-07-31 15:51:16, last edited by eeisold (2015-07-31 15:51:43)

#78 2015-07-31 16:07:06

Nou

SmittyW. wrote:

All these complaints about "cheating."

I didn't know these campaigns were a competition...

From our perspective it's giving away free stuff completely.

No u.

#79 2015-07-31 16:35:42

Shadowkirby

Idea: Create worlds for the sole purpose of hoping that administrators will choose them, once they do, you wouldn't have to worry about losing edit capabilities. It's not a good solution to accept the campaign offer, if you have attachment to a beautiful creation that took you a very long time to construct. I personally wouldn't worry about losing rights to modify some things, if I already know that everything is finished and doesn't need improvements. However, if anybody is in favor of using worlds you created (before update discussion), make sure you think one step ahead and plan what last touches you would like to add before you accept it to be a campaign tier. I love the idea of having campaigns; good popularity boost and you could earn items just by playing. Owners should be able to fly, once they completed their own worlds without flying.

(- ᴥ -)

#80 2015-07-31 17:06:39

skullz17

Maybe we should have the copy idea, except the owner can keep the duplicate world in their profile but like in a separate tab or something, or at least something to show that it's part of a campaign. That way, the owner is credited in their profile for the plays their world got. They still won't get edit rights in the campaign version though.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#81 2015-07-31 18:59:25

Xfrogman43

Kira wrote:

also there's no hard levels in everybodyedits if you practise with Wasd

Oh please, it's not which keys you use, it's the player's skill.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by:

#82 2015-07-31 21:39:46

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Whenever I finish my worlds I tend not to add anything to it again but I also see that some people in the levels I make have trouble on certain parts or just asking questions,whenever that happens I just spectator them and tell them what to do from this point or answer their question. I personally like to fly around in God mode rather than  spectating because this is a less efficient way and it is more laggy. I trying the owner should be able to godon themselves so we don't have to go complete our levels just to get to that certain part where people are stuck.

#83 2015-08-01 03:05:36

Anch

Era wrote:
anch159 wrote:

Why do you care so much if you loose edit rights to your world (and stuff)?
I'd be more happy knowing me world was featured in a campaign than editing it. If you finished creating the world, why would you edit it more?

cause updates sometimes break sutff, also nobody is perfect thud you might have overlooked a tiny, yet gamebreaking detail.

Updating stuff that change the mini-map art and gameplay would be the mods' fault. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#84 2015-08-01 03:07:30

Era

Disagree, updates that break stuff which was prior imperfect schouldn't be considered a fault if it gets more perfect in the process.

Wooted by: (2)

#85 2015-08-01 09:42:17

Minimania
Moderation Team

Kira wrote:

I played Platform racing 2 for about 8 years, and Campaign mode isn't single player, it's multiplayer.

Single player mode is source of boringness which is perferably something to avoid.

I'll have you know that I actually enjoy being alone in a campaign. Also, you don't even have to play multiplayer in the Platform Racing 2 campaigns. That part is totally optional.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#86 2015-08-01 13:34:36

RavaTroll

I'm very used to make changes in my old worlds with new decos/bg/blocks. So I've had this idea :

How about the owner, once he has beaten his world, can have special edit rights ? He can't add new blocks - he can only replace existing ones ( so no replacing "empty space" and rotatables/one ways ), and add more decos / change some BGs.

This way, it won't change any physics/minis stuff and will allow players to have their worlds up to date if they want them to.

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

#87 2015-08-01 14:11:51, last edited by Mylo (2015-08-01 14:23:35)

Mylo
Master Developer

I would do it this way:

1.)  a  campaign worlds are not in the lobby
      b  which also means campaign worlds are a copied version of the normal one
      c  players can see each other
2.)  a  the owner has no special rights (e.g. edit, god), but a colored name when he plays his world
      b  the owner receives a specific gem value, when his level is implemented into the campaign mode
3.)  bots are not able to join these worlds
4.)  clients get certified, no modded clients (there are enough ways to do this, really)
5.)  there should be different campaigns with different story lines & themes, else it would be just like 100 Minigames in big
6.)  there should be a in-client solution, where you can submit maps - not a standalone website
7.)  a  campaign worlds don't show up in the mine section
      b  campaign worlds can only be joined via the client, not via url / id / friendlist / lobby

EDIT: added 7.)

Wooted by: (3)

#88 2015-08-01 17:08:26

Kirby

Why not add a solitude mode in campaign to please the people that want to be alone

Wooted by:

#89 2015-08-02 01:29:33

Processor

Nou wrote:

Beta only worlds are not accepted

Wait! Open worlds are? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#90 2015-08-02 01:31:35, last edited by rgl32 (2015-08-02 01:32:31)

rgl32

(this is about solo mode)

I don't want to speak for people and am not in any way, this is completely opinionated, but I find doing levels alone completely boring, in fact, I can hardly beat easy, what many people consider fun levels alone anymore, it's just mainly repeating the same pattern in most levels. The fun in levels are from the actual interaction you get, and that's pretty hard to do from a level alone, it's enjoyable to watch and see what people do and how people do things to get through a level, its a part of learning for new people, and also a way to look at things in a new perspective. When I heard about campaign mode in general, I didn't consider it to be a contest / a way to get free stuff (although this is a plus), I thought of it as a way to showcase and enjoy good levels, and also have a reason to actually be around/involved with other people rather than people staying in their usual worlds, not that there's anything wrong with that, it would just possibly get people to work together to achieve an actual goal rather than the constant flame that many people do. I know you said a while up that you would never do solo mode, but I still see people talking about it, and I will be very disappointed if people can play these levels alone, it just ruins the actual idea behind it in my opinion.

For some non-opinionated stuff now, I don't see why people don't just think about it as a regular level, I mean the only difference from a players perspective is rewards. I don't see the issue with having people play it together, it's not like you are being cheated if someone watches you, in fact you could very well be helping a new player (or anyone) learn things in the game, by just playing. And even if you argue you'd rather not accidentally see someone do something you are trying to do, solo mode is not available at all anywhere else, and since these are levels that have been playable since they were made, and not just something for a campaign, they should be treated like a regular level, open for everyone to see everybody. Rewards should not be the absolute only reason to remove the community aspect in this game, especially one that thrives for a community(I tried not to put opinion in this part, but oh well). In the end it's all going to depend on that persons skill level anyway (possibly with exception to illusion levels), regardless if they watched you or not.

#91 2015-08-02 09:42:58, last edited by Aoitenshi (2015-08-02 13:42:16)

Aoitenshi

minimania wrote:

As for emergency edits, I believe that the owner should also get a copy of the Campaign World to edit without touching the campaign mode version. If there is a physics change, or something else needs to be done, an owner should be able to report the level giving a reason why the campaign world needs to be changed (such as if something becomes impossible, or minimap colors change)

This seems to be the best possible option. But instead a copy of that level: How about instead, we add a command to go into Solitude Edit Mode where only owners can see the changes while it remains unchanged for players. Exiting Solitude Edit Mode will revert the world into the last approved state and vice versa.

Needless to say, entering this mode will disqualify you from the reward.

#92 2015-08-02 11:54:50

Minimania
Moderation Team

Aoitenshi wrote:
minimania wrote:

As for emergency edits, I believe that the owner should also get a copy of the Campaign World to edit without touching the campaign mode version. If there is a physics change, or something else needs to be done, an owner should be able to report the level giving a reason why the campaign world needs to be changed (such as if something becomes impossible, or minimap colors change)

This seems to be the best possible option. But instead a copy of that level: How about instead, we add a command to go into Solitude Edit Mode where only owners can see the changes while it remains unchanged for players. You can still save a draft of the world, but exiting Solitude Edit Mode will revert the world into the last approved state and vice versa.

Nou said he wouldn't make campaigns with solitude ( >:( )

21cZxBv.png

#93 2015-08-02 13:38:44, last edited by Aoitenshi (2015-08-02 13:48:56)

Aoitenshi

minimania wrote:
Aoitenshi wrote:
minimania wrote:

This seems to be the best possible option. But instead a copy of that level: How about instead, we add a command to go into Solitude Edit Mode where only owners can see the changes while it remains unchanged for players. You can still save a draft of the world, but exiting Solitude Edit Mode will revert the world into the last approved state and vice versa.

Nou said he wouldn't make campaigns with solitude ( >:( )

I meant to say that in the edit mode, whatever changes you make only owner gets to see it. No duplicate worlds needed, cheating easily prevented, users retain edit rights.

Frankly, I still prefer the original solution to remove our rights.

#94 2015-08-02 16:30:50, last edited by Nou (2015-08-02 16:52:01)

Nou

We have decided the following:

1: You will be given access to powers of the /givegod command. This allows the specified player to toggle godmode on/off by pressing G, but without edit rights. Note: for campaigns you don't get the command, only the powers of using it! This way you can't give it to anyone else.

2: You will gain a free world of equal size to the one added to the campaign.

3: Edits rights can be requested from an admin if really really necessary. A good reason would be some heavy exploit that's found, but pretty much nothing else, so make sure everything is in order!
If you request the edit rights and they are granted, we'll most likely copy over the world so you can attempt to fix it there, after which the edits are put in.

Furthermore, to prevent confusion between /givegod and /godon we're renaming /godon to /forcefly.
I've updated the agreement document with the things mentioned in this post: http://pastebin.com/MvEb8gt9

Thanks for the input guys.

No u.

Wooted by: (4)

#95 2015-08-02 16:32:58

Era

Nou wrote:

/godon to /allowfly.

Allowfly? why isnt it forcefly then? you arent granted the permission to toggle your godmode you are only beeing forced into godmode.

Wooted by:

#96 2015-08-02 16:38:38

Nou

Era wrote:
Nou wrote:

/godon to /allowfly.

Allowfly? why isnt it forcefly then? you arent granted the permission to toggle your godmode you are only beeing forced into godmode.

Fixed. The intention was indeed forcefly. Also fixed some other phrasing.

No u.

Wooted by:

Era

#97 2015-08-02 17:01:34

Era

What happens if a user gets deleted while one of theie levels is part of a campaign?

#98 2015-08-02 17:24:08

Nou

Era wrote:

What happens if a user gets deleted while one of theie levels is part of a campaign?

Why would a user get deleted?

Luckily world data isn't directly connected to user data so the world would live on.

No u.

#99 2015-08-02 19:34:46, last edited by Minimania (2015-08-02 19:35:48)

Minimania
Moderation Team

I can agree to those terms one hundred percent, but I'm still salty that solitude isn't a thing.

Wait, so if we get a home world into the campaign, we can be given another home world? (Assuming this is even possible)

Also, are space worlds eligible?

21cZxBv.png

#100 2015-08-02 21:45:27, last edited by Vasum01 (2015-08-02 21:45:55)

Vasum01

What if someone gets one of those 9000x9000 glitched worlds in, do they get another xD?

Aoitenshi1438674535526848

Board footer