Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-30 10:17:15, last edited by Nou (2015-08-02 16:44:37)

Nou

Campaign mode - alternative solutions discussion

So we've been gauging to see what people think of the method of making a world part of a campaign; being locked out from editing and having to play like the rest.

A few people have expressed that they wouldn't want their world to become part of a campaign if it means losing edit rights, and we understand. So I'd like to have a discussion going on alternatives; what would make you say yes, what would make you say no, and especially, why would you say no. The reason why that part is so important is so we can see what the issues are and we can base a solution on that as well as your proposals.
So, what are your proposals for alternatives?

A few have suggested making a copy of the world, which can be done and we've considered, but it may be a bit weird to have one campaign and one non-campaign version.

Here's a draft of the agreement document I mentioned in the video to clarify some stuff:
http://pastebin.com/WJXXrHH8

What do you guys think?

EDIT:

We have decided the following:

1: You will be given access to powers of the /givegod command. This allows the specified player to toggle godmode on/off by pressing G, but without edit rights. Note: for campaigns you don't get the command, only the powers of using it! This way you can't give it to anyone else.

2: You will gain a free world of equal size to the one added to the campaign.

3: Edits rights can be requested from an admin if really really necessary. A good reason would be some heavy exploit that's found, but pretty much nothing else, so make sure everything is in order!
If you request the edit rights and they are granted, we'll most likely copy over the world so you can attempt to fix it there, after which the edits are put in.

Furthermore, to prevent confusion between /givegod and /godon we're renaming /godon to /forcefly.
I've updated the agreement document with the things mentioned in this post: http://pastebin.com/MvEb8gt9

No u.

#2 2015-07-30 10:22:35, last edited by BEE (2015-07-30 10:29:22)

BEE

Re: Campaign mode - alternative solutions discussion

Honestly, for me, once a level is released, other than minor tweaks on release day, I tend to not touch it ever again. I mean, my Halloween submission still has deco blocks in it from when they appeared on the minimap. So me not having access to edit would be fine. I would, however, like to fly around and watch people play, and/or show them if they are stuck without having to play through the entire level up to that point. I'm not sure how this would work, especially with maps that were created by multiple people... perhaps the ability to godon the owner after they win and allow the owner to godon others that have already won? The latter may not be plausible, but the former sounds good to me at least.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#3 2015-07-30 10:26:45, last edited by Swarth100 (2015-07-30 10:33:16)

Swarth100

Agreeing with BEE!

I rarely touch finished levels but I use godmode and edit to make sure other people can enjoy the level as well if they get stuck (adding gravity paths for them etc...)

I don't like the idea of having campaign and non-campaign maps UNLESS campaign maps are made SINGLEPLAYER, then such maps would not appear on the lobby making thus non-campaign maps the only ACTUAL PLAYABLE maps to be around.

EDIT: I'm in favour of owners losing permanently edit rights on Campaign maps, given the fact that they earn a lot of free popularity to all their other worlds. I'm against the creation of copy-non-campaign-maps.

-spinastar

#4 2015-07-30 10:28:31, last edited by Norwee (2015-07-30 10:35:00)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

My personal suggestion and wish is that owners of campaign worlds would be allowed to use godon, BUT the game tracks where you used godon so when you go back to godoff you will get put back to where you were. In that way you can observe the level and also reap level rewards if you beat it fairly.

I also think copies could work so we can change the non-campaign level if we want, but the actual campaign level stays the same forever. You could also delete the non-campaign world and do whatever you want with it.

EDIT: I am very against maps being singleplayer. This is a multiplayer game and i would like for it to continue being so.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#5 2015-07-30 10:35:39, last edited by Aoitenshi (2015-07-30 11:24:30)

Aoitenshi

I personally have no problem, I did last final edits to my world and I feel fine taking off with it. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

But an alternate solution I have in my mind is to still remove the edit from owners, but should you need edit you'd have to ask a Moderator / Admin and explain them why we need them--But only give permission if it is a sound and absolutely necessary changes such as unintentionally impossible mini, physics change, or trollable mechanic that makes the level impossible (excluding exploits, it is within the owner's responsibility to make their level as perfect as possible before submission). In addition, only staffs can save to make sure no malicious edit was made in a bad favor.

I believe we should still retain kicking rights, also. If it is not us to kick spammers, then who will?

Wooted by:

#6 2015-07-30 10:46:13

nlmdejonge

I suggest removing "Favourite pokemon:" from the agreement document.

Other than that, allowing the owner to /godon themselves after winning as suggested by BEE sounds like a good idea.
Nothing else seems necessary. There will always be people who aren't 100% happy... which is okay.

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#7 2015-07-30 10:58:03

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

nlmdejonge wrote:

Other than that, allowing the owner to /godon themselves after winning as suggested by BEE sounds like a good idea.
Nothing else seems necessary. There will always be people who aren't 100% happy... which is okay.

Oh what a nightmare it would be to have to beat your level EVERYTIME you wanted to observe people in your world.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2015-07-30 11:02:52, last edited by Swarth100 (2020-05-24 17:22:04)

Swarth100

Favorite pokemon MUST be left there in order o make the document OFFICIAL!

The document looks perfect! It's also a nice treat to have a world of equal size avaliable!

Maybe world portals can be added only in zones accessed once the level has been won?

#9 2015-07-30 11:14:14

nlmdejonge

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
nlmdejonge wrote:

Oh what a nightmare it would be to have to beat your level EVERYTIME you wanted to observe people in your world.

Not sure if sarcasm or not...

Anyway, the idea would of course be you'd have to beat it ONCE and then you could use /godon whenever you want.

Wooted by: (3)

#10 2015-07-30 11:25:06

Ben

How about, instead of creating copies, add the option to export worlds to your pc, only to have them imported back to EE at anytime you want. I've had this idea long ago and it might be the solution you are looking for.

Generally speaking, it serves as back up, and it also means players can share worlds, concepts or small pieces of work. Not only that, players who are offered to make one of their worlds part of a campaign will have the opportunity to keep a copy of that world, if they wish.

Wooted by: (4)

#11 2015-07-30 11:51:59

mrjoke

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

My personal suggestion and wish is that owners of campaign worlds would be allowed to use godon, BUT the game tracks where you used godon so when you go back to godoff you will get put back to where you were. In that way you can observe the level and also reap level rewards if you beat it fairly.

I also think copies could work so we can change the non-campaign level if we want, but the actual campaign level stays the same forever. You could also delete the non-campaign world and do whatever you want with it.

EDIT: I am very against maps being singleplayer. This is a multiplayer game and i would like for it to continue being so.

I 100% agree with everything said above me. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

My in game username is mrjoke. I am in love with everybody edits, always have been.

Goto: https://www.youtube.com/user/08jackisback/videos to watch my everybody edits videos!

#12 2015-07-30 12:06:13

Zumza

How would you protect them from unauthorised clients?

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#13 2015-07-30 12:34:56

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

There's 1 problem tho. You can't put bot worlds into the campaign even if the owners are really willing.

Also, I never want to lose edit rights in my own world.

I feel weird when I don't have edit in a world I remember building myself. Also, I don't have worlds. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#14 2015-07-30 13:04:08

Falk

Bot worlds will not be part of campaign because there is no way you can 'win' them.
There are rounds.

You lose edit rights of YOUR world while you are playing YOUR world for a campaign.
Only during that time.

#15 2015-07-30 13:07:23

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

Falk wrote:

Bot worlds will not be part of campaign because there is no way you can 'win' them.
There are rounds.

You lose edit rights of YOUR world while you are playing YOUR world for a campaign.
Only during that time.

Not a moving blocks world, like the one Madiik made. It was good. If you played it, you'd know what I mean.

#16 2015-07-30 13:18:26

Hexagon

The users whose maps are selected to be in the campaign should not be allowed to play them because they have an unfair advantage (they made the map!) If there are only a small selection of maps from a few users, this won't be a large issue however.

Users should not be able to see each other play the campaign map, because that would give them an unfair advantage if they saw someone else completing the same section of the level. Having the campaign author is also unfair, because they can give advice to people but some users won't get it.

Wooted by:

#17 2015-07-30 13:19:22

Aaro54

What about having the player keep a copy of the world, and the campaign one be a copy of it in which the owner doesn't have edit? Is that possible?

Wooted by:

#18 2015-07-30 13:37:09, last edited by Calicara (2015-07-30 13:37:44)

Calicara

I think campaign maps should be totally separate from the original map. In every online console game I've played "Campaign Mode" literally means single player mode. I know EE thrives from it's community, but if you want to create a rewards system then I think the best way to do it, to be assured no one is cheating, is to make maps in campaign mode separate from maps in multiplayer mode.

I'm not computer savvy so I don't know if this is possible, but here's what I suggest:

Maps in campaign mode should be a single player copied map. Users in a world in campaign mode should not count for the live overall user count in a world, but playing and wooting in campaign mode should still add plays and woots like normal. This prevents an influx of players all trying to access the same world at once.

Campaign worlds should not show up in the lobby, unless under a separate tab. Not that the lobby is all that quality now, but if we start with a limited number of campaigns then certain worlds would certainly spam the lobby because of them being played all the time.

A campaign world would differ from a regular world in these manners. The regular world can then therefore be edited upon without ruining the campaign, and it also prevents the owners from 'cheating'.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#19 2015-07-30 14:38:33

skullz17

Calicara wrote:

I think campaign maps should be totally separate from the original map. In every online console game I've played "Campaign Mode" literally means single player mode. I know EE thrives from it's community, but if you want to create a rewards system then I think the best way to do it, to be assured no one is cheating, is to make maps in campaign mode separate from maps in multiplayer mode.

I'm not computer savvy so I don't know if this is possible, but here's what I suggest:

Maps in campaign mode should be a single player copied map. Users in a world in campaign mode should not count for the live overall user count in a world, but playing and wooting in campaign mode should still add plays and woots like normal. This prevents an influx of players all trying to access the same world at once.

Campaign worlds should not show up in the lobby, unless under a separate tab. Not that the lobby is all that quality now, but if we start with a limited number of campaigns then certain worlds would certainly spam the lobby because of them being played all the time.

A campaign world would differ from a regular world in these manners. The regular world can then therefore be edited upon without ruining the campaign, and it also prevents the owners from 'cheating'.

I like this idea.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#20 2015-07-30 15:11:28

Weirdoverse
Website

If my "RagEE" will be added, how will i mark winners :?

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

#21 2015-07-30 15:29:33

Creature

GOG100lol wrote:

It won't be added, trust me.

What about Daily Challenges? If you complete these in a row, you get bigger rewards, this will make everyone play more actively.

This is a false statement.

Wooted by:

Ben

#22 2015-07-30 15:34:01

nlmdejonge

skullz17 wrote:
Calicara wrote:

I like this idea.

I do not like the idea.
A lot of the fun of playing comes from playing with others.
Sometimes people look at what you do, sometimes you look at other people.
I don't see it as cheating, but even if it is, I'd say we should accept that kind of cheating.
Lots of players in single player campaigns would be so sad.

Wooted by: (3)

#23 2015-07-30 15:51:18

Insanity

campaign would defeat the purpose of EE. The point of this game so other people create the campaign, the level experience, for you. Making a "campaign" mode is like what this game was about in the first place.

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#24 2015-07-30 16:03:30

Weirdoverse
Website

GOG100lol wrote:

@reidolol, i did not even ask you anything. waiting for response ftw<

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

#25 2015-07-30 16:09:04

Calicara

@nimdejonge: that's why I think they should be separated. A world on normal would be the same with multiplayer features. A world on campaign should be campaign only. You can play either one, but campaign would give extra rewards. That's just my thinking.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

Aoitenshi1438674535526848

Board footer