Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-16 08:17:21

Opengangs

[IDEA] - Being able to view the "Who's Online"

I've been a member of another forum for 2-3 years and when I moved over to this forum, I discovered that we couldn't view the "Who's Online" list, or at least I can't. This is why I would like this feature to be included. Also, the forum should make things easier to see when the user was last active, not last actively posting.

Computer Science, Mathematics | Aspiring PhD candidate in theoretical computer science.

#2 2015-06-16 13:21:53

Era

Re: [IDEA] - Being able to view the "Who's Online"

Already in , goto the index and scroll down.

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2015-06-16 14:22:19

Opengangs

No, no. That's not what I meant. In fotums supported by SMF, there is a plugin where it allows one to view the Online list. The one already implemented on the forum are those online, but rather by people last active, it's by username. Sorry if it wasn't clear before.

Computer Science, Mathematics | Aspiring PhD candidate in theoretical computer science.

#4 2015-06-16 14:25:24

Creature

I don't see the need.

I wanted a option to make myself invisible on Who's Online.

This is a false statement.

#5 2015-06-16 14:27:33

Opengangs

It's good for private chats, you get a sense of knowledge when they were last active.
Being invisible is good, too.

#6 2015-06-17 04:13:44

Opengangs

Bump

#7 2015-06-17 04:16:24

Different55
Forum Admin

This is possible. Administrators and moderators are already able to view last visit times, so it'd probably be easy enough to add a new "Sort by" selection on the user list or something.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#8 2015-06-17 05:55:23

Opengangs

Different55 wrote:

This is possible. Administrators and moderators are already able to view last visit times, so it'd probably be easy enough to add a new "Sort by" selection on the user list or something.

Or a clickable link that links you to an Online list and views the list of users online and what they're doing. Guests are included as well.

#9 2015-06-17 06:00:53

Abelysk

Invisible plz

#10 2015-06-17 14:11:48

Different55
Forum Admin

Opengangs wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Or a clickable link that links you to an Online list and views the list of users online and what they're doing. Guests are included as well.

That's been requested before, and it's easily possible, but it got a lot of conflicting answers last time so it didn't end up getting added.  Maybe the idea will do better this time.

Just to make sure, you're talking about something like this?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#11 2015-06-17 14:18:30

Opengangs

Different55 wrote:
Opengangs wrote:
Different55 wrote:

That's been requested before, and it's easily possible, but it got a lot of conflicting answers last time so it didn't end up getting added.  Maybe the idea will do better this time.

Indeed so.

#12 2015-06-17 20:45:16

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Different55 wrote:
Opengangs wrote:
Different55 wrote:

I'm not sure I should force him, but could you shut down FailForums? I didn't have a account there, I use my account for EE. FailForums sucks for me.

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#13 2015-06-17 21:17:43

skullz17

AntonioS300 wrote:
Different55 wrote:
Opengangs wrote:
Different55 wrote:

I'm not sure I should force him, but could you shut down FailForums? I didn't have a account there, I use my account for EE. FailForums sucks for me.

Yeah also shut down country and rap because I like all music except country and rap

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#14 2015-06-17 23:16:21

Opengangs

skullz17 wrote:
AntonioS300 wrote:
Different55 wrote:
Opengangs wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Yeah also shut down country and rap because I like all music except country and rap

Please, don't go offtopic.

#15 2015-06-17 23:49:04

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Opengangs wrote:

Please, don't go offtopic.

oh, man, if only there were a simple, easy way to tell the moderators that someone might be going off-topic. like a button.

please read this:

THE RULES wrote:

Leave the moderation to those with authority, it is not the job of the forum users to "mini-mod" each other.

but yeah please get back on topic

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:
Zoey20701434581344513676

Board footer