Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-06-12 22:54:45

shadowda

Re: [Update] 12th of June - Block revamps and general streamlining

I DONT LIKE CHANGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New packs are nice and all
but changing names, moveing blocks around, changing blocks. no

Sparta, Viking, mars, ect. Why?

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#27 2015-06-12 23:07:54

skullz17

Badoosh wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

Also pillars are transparent on the minimap now. I thought you were going to be different than the previous staff, but turns out you like to break maps too. Art maps using pillars will be ruined.

Here's one of the best parts of the update: it brings back the consistency that was destroyed by the older devs. Decorations were intended to be transparent until mrshoe threw in "exceptions." Lots of his backgrounds that got fixed were better as decorations, but mrshoe just loved exceptions. Exceptions destroy the clarity of a game. Honestly a few broken decoration minimap levels are better than a broken game.

I am not talking about pillar decorations. I am talking about the pillar one-ways, which used to have a nice grey colour which was close to white. I personally found this useful. This block has never been transparent, I'm pretty sure. I can't see any problem with it having a minimap colour, and I honestly don't understand why you changed that.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (2)

#28 2015-06-12 23:15:34, last edited by Yandax (2015-06-13 02:17:54)

Yandax

BuzzerBee wrote:

That cliffhanger tho

Stole the words right outta my mouth.

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

Wooted by:

#29 2015-06-12 23:16:42

BEE

I am extremely upset about the change of the house from background to decos

this tiny change ruined an entire level concept of mine, and because I can't put decos on top of decos, it is irreparable.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#30 2015-06-12 23:25:10, last edited by Badoosh (2015-06-12 23:54:11)

Badoosh
EE Homeboy
Website

skullz17 wrote:

I am not talking about pillar decorations. I am talking about the pillar one-ways, which used to have a nice grey colour which was close to white. I personally found this useful. This block has never been transparent, I'm pretty sure. I can't see any problem with it having a minimap colour, and I honestly don't understand why you changed that.

Okay. I had forgotten that there was a pillar block, having never referred to it by that name. I didn't notice that it had lost its color, though. 

shadowda wrote:

I DONT LIKE CHANGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New packs are nice and all
but changing names, moveing blocks around, changing blocks. no

Sparta, Viking, mars, ect. Why?

Mrshoe threw a bunch of crap at EE to see what would stick, but all that did was cover the game in crap. If you don't want that to change you deserve watch the game slowly die while you get more block packages. I know you probably can't see the problems that were fixed (albeit damaging levels at its expense), but the 1000+ players that left the game and never came back did. Fix the problems that made them leave, and the game SHOULD be more appealing.

Overall, I think that these changes needed to happen. If the game is going to have a large influx of new players, give them something useful to work with, because most of the stuff that was changed was:
1. Only useable in one very specific way, such as cannon and pirate window (it's a sandbox game: this is bad!)
2. Contrasty: too much contrast in a flash game causes eye pain. Most people have stopped using those blocks or were part of the 1000 users who left.
3. Plain dumb. "Pirates had rubber floaties! OH yeah let's make it a background too!"
4. Depth problems. Who else couldn't tell whether the lava was a block or a background, same with sand? Lots of people, and for those who don't know: blocks have something called depth, backgrounds are flatter. That's how you can be CERTAIN if you are going to jump into a pit of spikes or land safe on a block. Less rage for newbies.

Wooted by: (4)

#31 2015-06-13 02:07:58

Jedpogi

are you serious? IP bans

叄咶吹吱吅厬匷匕勹动凸刲刳刎凸制冹匸勋像償亡丸乮伶睻豖豔財貜谷谧谕鷙鶂鶢鷑袂蠲蠿勋像償亡丸乮伶睻豖豔㰹㲐㱯㳫㲎財貜吅厬匷匕勹动凸刲刳刎凸衢袶蜽蝽蝇螷虜蘢葖萜蓀蒱臯臼俠俟俘䶳两买予丵乂争䳮䴻䳻䵍䵏䵴丹义䶘乸亖乵么乯圞圝圜圛圚圙團圗圖圕圔圓園亠亞亹亸伏伦冁儿兾冃冫冷冷冥冧凕勓勦劔礞䮼㼿㽗㼟㽵㼼㽹㽴㻻㶈㸁鐒鏔鏟鐷鹳鸟糱紘糹紖瘦癣癶瘱痿皜妍妋奋妘夲太圌四䯗彗垭䮘䰜幼幺螨枞奒㱯㰹㲐㱯㚻㚎㛷瘺皙皁阆阝閁髈薟蕚藃藯藎薒薝蕙薭蕴菲菏萠落萇菞菵萬䪺铭働䛒砯㩾癟䓪星卐卍厚印叄厉厕去叮厝匇匛匍勲区勨厉吪变厹吸吂厯厞䟬䞾侸㐀㐅㐻㓩㔗㕀㘛㖴㖕㗼㘣㘄㖵㘇㘯㘞㘟㖠㖍㱷㲷㱨㱃㲗㳓㲃㲺㳝㳨㳖㲅㱘㳀㳐㳖㳫㳫㔩㒽㒠㓯㓿㓀㒚㒭㓈㒚㓽㓷㔦㕂㙾㘧㚏㜶㛠㝋㛄㜬㛲㛜㜧㜆㚺㚡㜟㝞㞀㝏㞁㞬㞧㝤㝽㞺㞗㝄㜞㝖㝜㞃㞭㟕㟗㡉㟛㠚㠙㡩㠠㟜㠻㡵㣪㢓㣻㣀㢄㢩㣂㤂㥹㣹㥟㤹㤝㥚㥋㤹㥶㤧㤐䫒䫶䭊䫱䬊䪰涢涂涯浹淝淭笼竟筇讏謸讠讟譭讖譍謨謣豺谪豔豤谻豲豤豻豖谕谡豋賏貎貵貏豢賘賌貋跳趺跹踵踣赻趞跅趲踰踷軨躾軎軞軦軾軀躦躀躕軩躙躑辫转辤迏辘辄轴辜迖辦迏辚辭辶辴迉迭辯辻辁迬迧辫鄘郅邮郪郛邯部釐醡釄酷酣醢醥里酶釓釉野金鋁鉏銎鉖銓銼鋓銼鎥鏑鎗鏓鏉鎓鍕鍯鏗鏾鏤鎕鎫鎒鍭鎔鎪鎗鍺鎵鏓鐎鐡铗钖钄铕锓铮铐锍铼锞铡锒

02/04/2021: Sorry for being an unfunny piece of ****, no-good human trash. I hate my **** life.

#32 2015-06-13 02:39:13, last edited by Raon (2015-06-13 02:44:51)

Raon

My 2 cents on the bad parts:

1. Lifeguard donut from the pirate pack has been removed. Why?
2. Changing backgrounds into decorations literally ruined a ton of art levels because of the color gap left behind.
3. The white border on the japan letters is totally unnecessary. We can no longer make smooth transition effects with them (example: ying-yang on a pure black backround/pure white background).
4. Some blocks are way too blurry (example: industrial pack, prison mirrors, checker background, chains).
5. I kind of liked the old fire animation's color palette better. Maybe try having a mixture of two?

But apart from that most of the block revamps are amazing, and i like the new features too.

wEhS7.png
1   -   2   -   3

#33 2015-06-13 02:59:08, last edited by BEE (2015-06-13 02:59:26)

BEE

Raon wrote:
My 2 cents on the bad parts:

1. Lifeguard donut from the pirate pack has been removed. Why?
2. Changing backgrounds into decorations literally ruined a ton of art levels because of the color gap left behind.
3. The white border on the japan letters is totally unnecessary. We can no longer make smooth transition effects with them (example: ying-yang on a pure black backround/pure white background).
4. Some blocks are way too blurry (example: industrial pack, prison mirrors, checker background, chains).
5. I kind of liked the old fire animation's color palette better. Maybe try having a mixture of two?

But apart from that most of the block revamps are amazing, and i like the new features too.

1. It's a deco now
2. It shouldnt have, they were careful about replacing it with blocks that showed up very similarly on the minimap. Do you have an example or a broken art world?
3. Agreed, but I didnt use them much anyways
4. Agreed! but apparently we are in the minority here
5. Same

Wooted by:

#34 2015-06-13 03:03:32, last edited by Cola1 (2015-06-13 03:06:56)

Cola1

Backgrounds with objects shouldn't have been turned into decorations for sure.

Aside from that.

*intense drooling*

EDIT: Now that the buttons in the "Outer Space" pack are giant, I can no longer use them as water drops. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#35 2015-06-13 03:11:17

Raon

BEE wrote:
Raon wrote:

My initial post

1. It's a deco now
2. It shouldnt have, they were careful about replacing it with blocks that showed up very similarly on the minimap. Do you have an example or a broken art world?
3. Agreed, but I didnt use them much anyways
4. Agreed! but apparently we are in the minority here
5. Same

1. Nope, check again, they missed that one.
2. Here you go The red circles on the minimap indicate zones that used the timber pack for a smooth shading, after the update the backgrounds got replaced automatically but the minimap colors got reduced to a total of 2... Unfortunately i can't find a *before* pic //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

wEhS7.png
1   -   2   -   3

#36 2015-06-13 03:56:04, last edited by Calicara (2015-06-13 03:59:02)

Calicara

Well by the time I finally got on to give my two cents, it seems everyone has already gotten here before me. Basically like the others, not a fan of the new fire design. I'm also not a fan of the new trophy design. I liked having a giant trophy, it make me feel special. Now it's small and underwhelming. The only minor thing that bothered me was the lava blocks. I liked having them flat looking, it helped them blend better together.

I don't think I've made a ton of memorable maps where this update will really ruin anything, but I have to agree with Nou and the other admins on this. I really like the new gui, and while it has caused many setbacks for older map designers, I think it makes navigation in the edit bar much easier. Also this way in the future we can have more block variants and rotatable items to make better levels.

I also really like the clay pack, the simplicity of the industrial pack, and the option to have a color picker for backgrounds. I think this is the best update since effect blocks. Keep up the good work //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

EDIT: Almost forgot. While I like having rope as a climbable option, I am really underwhelmed by the design. Toop has made amazing graphics in the past, but the rope just seems mediocre to me. I hope that you are planning on updating that graphic.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#37 2015-06-13 04:43:53, last edited by BEE (2015-06-13 04:46:03)

BEE

Oh I completely misread your post Raon, I thought you meant the cannon "donut". You are right no more lifesaver :c

So accumulated list of removed blocks:
-BGs for timbered (timbered now as decos)
-Mars upsidedown ice cream cone and pillar
-Picture block from prison
-Small checkered bg from carnival (made "large" checkered for unknown reason)
-Nails on wood bg from pirate
-Two star types (though we gained three)
-Life saver

And I see about the art Raon, though it doesn't look *terrible* I see what you are saying.

#38 2015-06-13 05:02:18

Master1

Calicara wrote:

I think this is the best update since effect blocks. Keep up the good work //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

This is the only update since effect blocks. (Other than bug fixes)

...Unless I'm stupid and forgot about something.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Wooted by:

#39 2015-06-13 05:09:38

Moukdaboss
Banned

Master1 wrote:
Calicara wrote:

I think this is the best update since effect blocks. Keep up the good work //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Cave things

idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot

#40 2015-06-13 05:20:14

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Combining packs made things in the shop much simpler for new users.  This will lower the time it takes to get everything, and provide fluctuation in the shop prices.

Tomorrow, I will go through and rearrange some stuff.  For the most part, it shouldn't be too much of a change, and action blocks will probably stay the same.

Discord: jawp#5123

#41 2015-06-13 06:33:43, last edited by kurtv13 (2015-06-13 06:43:26)

kurtv13

After the update, I received all the block packs I didn't have yet. Around 5 or 6 I think? THANKS! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

EDIT: I really love you for removing that cuss filter!

Pfffffttt

#42 2015-06-13 06:40:57

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

My only complaint is fire. It looks great but does not fit the game at all. It's too detailed? Semi-realistic? You decide but it just doesn't look right.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#43 2015-06-13 09:11:50

Era

I love the new fire , its perfect for giving 32 a nice lil hell //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#44 2015-06-13 11:05:10, last edited by 1448 (2015-06-13 11:05:21)

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

I didn't know of this update until now.

(Check edit date)

#45 2015-06-13 12:53:08

xen90

Woah

#46 2015-06-13 13:09:49

kubapolish
Banned
Website

The update is great, but:

- TURN BACK MEDIEVAL BG OR WHAT IS THIS FROM DECORATION YOU RUINED MY IDEA FOR MY LVL
- also turn back image bg from prison....
- fire hazard turn back
- turn back old lava blocks beacuse it looks odd when placed next to other lava block
- turn back old "outer space" bg blocks and decoration
- make cake and hologram into one group
- make desert into outer space, desert blocks looks more "space" than desert
- turn back medieval window block
- TURN back the old carnival checker bg

so i think its all.... plz fix dat or i leave from this game will be mad

Wooted by: (3)

#47 2015-06-13 14:41:08, last edited by Shadow (2015-06-13 14:49:26)

Shadow

You guys removed the one of the pirate decor and it ruined my art level ...... srsly //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral
Now i have to work on them again .

Edit: oh my GOD.. i just noticed its not just 1 level ..my 4 levels have been changed . //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad
The update is nice and you guys worked hard but ....TY

#48 2015-06-13 15:40:20

Calicara

Master1 wrote:
Calicara wrote:

Cave BG's, and the promotion of an unknown user to adminitrative powers (Thesource85), which I don't need to reiterate how I feel about that.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#49 2015-06-13 15:49:34

BEE

Kubapolish wrote:

The update is great, but:

- TURN BACK MEDIEVAL BG OR WHAT IS THIS FROM DECORATION YOU RUINED MY IDEA FOR MY LVL
- also turn back image bg from prison....
- turn back medieval window block
- TURN back the old carnival checker bg

so i think its all.... plz fix dat or i leave from this game will be mad

Can you link me to your level that used the Timbered bgs? I had a level that was affected as well.

#50 2015-06-13 16:25:56

Thanel

Could you please link me to affected worlds. I would like to see your creative uses of these blocks that no longer work.

Thanel1434357814512578

Board footer