Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-30 17:07:35, last edited by den3107 (2016-01-17 18:56:24)

den3107

[BETA] [GAMEMODE] The Dueler - Back from the dead

The Dueler

Friend or Enemy?

A shift-like gamemode that is reaching it's final form.

How it works:

The game consists out of rounds and session.
A session consists out of multiple rounds.
Only the survivors of the current round will advance into the next round.

The game uses maps, like in shift/bombot/etc. Where the playable area is 20x15.

Each round a new level is drawn.
Depending on the amount of players, there are at least 2 and up to 4 arena's filled.
Each arena represents a team and all arenas are exact replicates.
An arena is a small mini platformer towards an endpoint (crown).
Every time you make it to the end you score a point for your team (or more when you're the absolute first). You will then be teleported back to the start to try to score more points!
At the end of the round (45 seconds after the first point is scored or 2.5 minutes of total length) all teams' points are compared and teams are eliminated accordingly (depends per gamemode).
All players that survived the previous round (or all if a new session starts) are divided equally (with a possible offset of 1 due to odd numbers of players), but randomly over the new teams/arenas and start at the exact same moment to start the whole thing over again.

Level submissions are open!
See This post for more information.

Current testing world:
Name+link: The Dueler [ON/OFF]
Code: PWLqgVC4xAbEI

If you wish to make suggestions in how the bot works (think commands, what to track, how to operate), post here.

If you wish to make suggestions in how the game works (think mapsize discussion, ways of balancing, section-method discussion), post on this thread:
http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 71#p500171

Wooted by: (5)

#2 2015-05-10 15:36:43

den3107

Re: [BETA] [GAMEMODE] The Dueler - Back from the dead

Level submissions are open!
See This post for more information.

#3 2015-06-17 17:39:42, last edited by den3107 (2015-06-20 11:40:56)

den3107

Bot is not in mass-testing phase anymore...

You can still enter the room and testing will still be done, but I will be working more on improvements than on testing.

Testing world:
Name+link: THE DUELER-WORKING..

#4 2015-06-18 21:23:29, last edited by den3107 (2016-01-17 19:34:29)

den3107

Last day of mass-testing has passed by... For now!

Together with Nackickwind I made a couple more rooms so the testing won't be as repetitive.
We now have:
     • 1 secret level (ooooh!);
     • 4 grade 1 levels;
     • 2 grade 2 levels;
     • 2 grade 3 levels;
     • 2 grade 4 levels;
     • 1 grade 5 level.
And the numbers occasionally increase (won't update this list anymore).

Remember that level submissions are still open!
Want to make your own level?

See this post for more information about how to create and submit your own levels!

Since testing is finished I will work on the following features before testing again:
     [] Ability for operators (currently only me) to define what the next level will be;
     [–] A new gamemode!
          [] Elimination (Only the team with least points is eliminated);
          [] Possibly I will also work on: Teamstrike (The first team of which 75% of the team members manages to reach the exit, continues and eliminates all other teams!);
     [] Ability for operators (currently only me) to define what the next gamemode will be;
     [] Little bit of balancing;
     [] Fixing auto-afk system implementation;
     [] work on ability for the players to vote which level will be drawn for the next level:
          [–] Command is '!votelevel 1-0' to vote for level 1-0;
          [–] When 51% of all potential players (players not afk and not in god mode) vote for the same level, the vote will pass, otherwise voting will start over for the next round;
               [–] 51% because at 50% it's possible for 2 maps to have the exact same amount of votes;
     [] work on ability for the players to vote what the gamemode for the next game will be:
          [–] Command is '!votegm Classic' to vote for the Classic gamemode;
          [–] Saying '!votegm' shows you all possible gamemodes;
          [–] When 60% of all potential players (players not afk and not in god mode) vote for the same gamemode, the vote will pass, otherwise voting will start over for the next game;
     [] Work on a room with all levels organized so you can practice there (some levels might be slightly edited to make it possible to practice them properly);
     [] Moar levels!

Remember that if you have any thoughts about the bot, improvements or additions you are free to post or pm them!

#5 2015-06-19 11:58:13, last edited by Kira (2015-06-19 11:59:26)

Kira

Quad post+ double topic...

You can edit your posts, just saying.

#6 2015-06-19 13:47:47, last edited by den3107 (2015-06-21 13:31:10)

den3107

Kira wrote:

Quad post+ double topic...

You can edit your post, just saying.

The double topic I have already discussed in this post

People that might be subscribed to the topic won't recieve a notification when I edit a post, only when I make a new post. Hence why I make a new post when I have something new to tell.

#7 2015-06-23 11:42:04, last edited by den3107 (2015-06-23 19:38:47)

den3107

Bot is in "moar mass-testing!"-phase!

There have been made a couple changes in the room as to the bot, the changelog can be found inside the room!

See this post for more information about how to create and submit your own levels!

Testing world:
Name+link: [ON] THE DUELER-TEST

#8 2015-08-23 19:40:22

den3107

And thus, The Dueler has risen again!
With new content too!

Some might have seen me testing already, anyways, here's the changelog:
• Indicator lines that indicate what team currently has the most points (the color indicates the team);
• Saying my name (den3107) will give me a notification. Just in case I'm doing other stuff and people need my help;
• Fixed !stop command bugs (operator-only);
• Voting on the gamemode that's currently in progress will give you a message telling you so;
• The 'time remaining' after somebody scored a point is now variable. It follows the following formula: 25 + round * 5 (in seconds);
• There is now a max time a round can take! It's 2.5 minutes, but can always change if it's too long/short;
• Fixed 'points pet team'-list message at the end of a round;
• (Finally) fixed a bug with the messages when a tie occurs in certain scenarios.

Testing world:
Name+link: [ON]THE DUELER-BETA

#9 2015-09-04 15:11:47

den3107

The bot is getting closer and closer to being completed!

New changelog:
• The score tracker has finally been implemented!
     ♦ Say !score to get your total wins and ever score points.
• Swiggity Swooty, operators are gonna ban dat booty (operators now have the ability to ban players).
• The optin/optout commands have been added.
     ♦ They work the same as !afk, but don't put you inside the afk-box, so you can still move around freely without being put inside the game.
• The Dueler has a crew now!
     ♦ Subscribe to it to receive a news notification when The Dueler is turning on.
• Checkpoints are now removed at the end of the round, so you no longer can get stuck inside a level.

#10 2016-01-17 20:27:31, last edited by den3107 (2016-01-26 15:51:31)

den3107

And then I returned from the dead! Kinda....

I'm back to optimize and update my bots: Mazer and The Dueler!
The Dueler will be the first to be put on the table.

What does this mean? Quite important things actually!
• My bots currently use a massive amount of CPU, optimizing them will allow me to run both bots (and potentially more) simultaneously;
• It also means that I'm working on the bots again, which means that once again I'm looking for suggestions for stuff to add and improve;
• My template will be perfectionated quite some, meaning I could more easily make new bots, if and when I will have (or get) new ideas.

Sadly there is also a downside:
With optimization might come a couple bugs, but they should be fixed rapidly.

Sadly the general 'slowness' in my bots is due to the "block place speed limit", so it won't mean that drawing or general speed of the bot will noticeably improve.

Now obviously I won't just optimize the bot... Updates will come with it too!

You can find the list of the next planned features for The Dueler here:
[] Fix spawnpoints at end of a round;
[] Decrease the amount of spam the bot currently does; Once again...
[…] More maps; Hopefully of decent quality...
[…] The ability for operators to forcefully end a round, resulting every team to lose;
     [–] This is to speed things up when all the players agree they can't do the current map.
[…] The ability for operators to forcefully let a team win/lose;
     [–] Above reason and for when a team is afk.
[] Player vote-kick system:
     [–] Using a command, the players can vote to kick a certain player, ideal for when hackers are present and operators are afk;
     [–] At least 50% of the room will have to vote for the vote to be legal. When a vote is legal, 50% of the votes have to be positive for the said player to be kicked;
     [–] A vote first has to be started using the following format: !votekick [username];
          [–] Only a single votekick can be active at a time.
          [–] You can vote yes or no on that player using the following command: !votekick [y|n]
     [–] A vote lasts for 5 minutes, after which will be checked if the vote is legal and if it passed or not.
[] More command prefixes:
     [–] Currently just "!", but will be extended to include "." and "\".
[] Indication of what gamemode is currently being played.

Extra non-planned feature:
[] Game starts automatically when enough players are available!

Remember that level submissions are still open and that I'm always looking for more improvements for the gamemode!

Wooted by: (2)
den31071453058851576333

Board footer