Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-16 19:37:29, last edited by den3107 (2015-10-30 18:48:08)

den3107

[BETA] [GAMEMODE] Mazer - Base finally stable!

Mazer
"This way! No this way! Wait... Just go some way!"

Mazer is a bot-assisted gamemode made by Den3107.

The bot is currently in beta, the base of the game is finished, but many features are still to be added.

Description

Mazer is based on the board game Labyrinth.
In Mazer the player is to go from point A to point B (these points vary per session). They have to navigate through a maze... Which constantly changes!
The player is also to be wary not to get pushed off the board, which will mean that the player will have to head back to the start and start all over again!

The board

The maze consists out of a 9x9 tiled board. Every 2 tiles there will be a static tile (starting at the first tile). They look the exact same as any other tile and can also be traversed by the player, they just won't move around.
Every 'round' the bot will slide a tile inside one of the even rows OR columns (so not both at the same time). Obviously this would remove the tile at the far end of this row or column. If the player happens to be on a tile that moves, the player moves with that tile!

Here is a gif showing a board example in detail:
giphy.gif
The grey tiles are static, the colored ones are just different types of tiles.

In-game you can distinguish rows/columns that can shift by the arrows that point towards the rows and columns.

The tiles

There are 4 different types of tiles:

Start static: A tile where the players are to start. This tile is always static. This tile has connections to all directions and is the only way to enter the board (maze).
Finish static: The tile where the players are to navigate towards. This tile is always static. This tile can point to any direction.
Static: A static tile. This tile can point to any direction. This tile will never be moved around
Normal: A normal tile. The only difference from the 'static'-tile is that it can be moved around. For the rest it's the exact same, also in appearance!

There are 3 directions of tiles, all these tiles can be turned in all orientations:

Split: There are 3 ways the player can enter and exit. There is a 35% chance a tile will be of this type.
Straight: As the name suggests, there are 2 entrances/exits. These are placed opposite to each other. There is a 37% chance a tile will be of this type.
Corner: As the name suggests, there are 2 entrances/exits. These are placed (counter-)clockwise from each other. There is a 28% chance a tile will be of this type.

This picture shows an example of the lower-right corner of a possible board:
board.png
Here you can see that the start and end tile have an odd backgroud. This background is persistent over all skins (yes, there are different skins for the map! :o).
The crown on the end-tile is what you'd have to touch to finish the maze.
More about winning in a bit.

The hazards

Whenever a player is on a hazardous tile, the player will be tossed out of the maze and is to start back at the beginning. No matter what. No matter how damn close you were to the finish.

Currently there is only a single hazard, but more will be added (read them in the ideas section below)
Current hazards:

Moving tiles: If you're on the edge of the board, on a tile that is capable of moving, it is very much possible your tile will be pushed off the board. At this point your current tile is a hazardous tile.

Whenever a player reaches the finish

Whenever player reaches the exit tile and touches the crown he/she will have finished the maze and will be teleported outside.

The first player to finish the maze will be awarded the trophy for completing the world. He/she will also initiate the countdown.

After the countdown of 10 rounds has finished, the maze will collapse, everyone will be teleported outside and a new maze will be build.
After the first player has reached the exit, there will be a specific amount of turns (still to be thought of) the rest of the players get to try and get the second or third place.

If a total of 3 players (first one included) have finished the maze before the countdown ends, the maze will collapse early, and the maze will restart again, as usual.

Current (possible) ideas

Striked ideas have been canceled.

(hazard) Minotaur: The minotaur moves one tile at random every round and is bound to the paths, just like the players. Whenever the minotaur can see a player he will charge at him/her, now moving 2 tiles each round in the direction of the closest player. Whenever a player is on the same tile as the minotaur the player is on a hazardous tile.
(hazard) Ghost: The ghost moves randomly over the board, but isn't bound to tiles. The ghost can pass through walls and won't be moved when the tile under him is moved. The ghost moves once every 2 rounds. Whenever a player is on the same tile as the ghost the player is on a hazardous tile.
'Infinite maze': When a tile at the edge of the board points towards the outside of the board, and on the opposite side of that tile there is another tile pointing outwards, portals will connect those two tiles, allowing you to move from one side of the maze to the other much faster.
Players decide skin: A method for the players to vote for a change in skin.
Coin hunt mode: Players first need to get x amount of coins before being able to reach the exit.
Portal tiles: there is a change that upto 2 static tiles turn into a portal tile. When a player reaches a portal tile he/she will be teleported to a random tile that isn't the starts, end or another portal tile.
Track wins: The amount of times a player has been 1st, 2nd or 3rd will be tracked and is possible to be viewed in some way or another.
Players vote for player kick: Possibility for players to vote for a player kick. The amount of times a player has been kicked will be tracked and he/she might get banned. The players will also be able to report a reason for the votekick.
Board influence: (unsure about this idea) some way for players to influence what tile will be added where.

If you have any suggestions, questions or just want to tell me how magically awesome this idea/gamemode is, just drop a post.
Any sort of commentary on the idea/gamemode is welcome.

#2 2015-09-17 01:07:12

W24
Website

Re: [BETA] [GAMEMODE] Mazer - Base finally stable!

Sounds cool. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

yqSDpmp.png

#3 2015-09-22 19:10:58

Weirdoverse
Website

i have idea, make 2x2, 1x1 and 4x4 tiles,
!expert, !hard, !easy

THIS IS JUST A SUGGESTION, NO REIDOLOL REQUIRED, OHHHH sh----

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

#4 2015-09-22 20:10:53

den3107

Sadly I'd have to completely rewrite most of my code to accept variable tile sizes, aside from that I feel like the current size is best, since you get some movement space, but it doesn't slow down drawing TOO much.

#5 2015-09-23 18:08:03

den3107

Bot is in alpha phase!
Testing has started, just look for the room containing "Mazer" and hope it's on!

Wooted by:

#6 2015-09-27 00:14:24, last edited by !nb4 (2015-09-27 00:15:36)

!nb4
Formerly AYB

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
nice, also a cool bot might need some EXTRA FUNNY easter eggs for example make the bot say "NVD: I LIEK CHEESE" or something.

ZCK0zcQ.gif

#7 2015-09-27 01:46:49

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

AYB wrote:

nice, also a cool bot might need some EXTRA FUNNY easter eggs for example make the bot say "NVD: I LIEK CHEESE" or something.

how is that funny? it's more a ''extra idiot for analphabetic internet people who think they're cool'' easter egg

Krosis.gif

Wooted by: (4)

#8 2015-09-27 03:30:46

!nb4
Formerly AYB

Arkonagames wrote:
AYB wrote:

how is that funny? it's more a ''extra idiot for analphabetic internet people who think they're cool'' easter egg

I was just suggesting..

ZCK0zcQ.gif

#9 2015-09-27 13:55:54

den3107

AYB wrote:

example make the bot say "NVD: I LIEK CHEESE" or something.

I don't see how that's an easter egg.
An easter egg is supposedto be something hard to find, and sometimes slightly random.

A thing like a hidden command that, for example, would give a unicorn background.

Wooted by: (4)

#10 2015-09-27 14:17:47

some woman

den3107 wrote:
AYB wrote:

example make the bot say "NVD: I LIEK CHEESE" or something.

I don't see how that's an easter egg.
An easter egg is supposedto be something hard to find, and sometimes slightly random.

A thing like a hidden command that, for example, would give a unicorn background.

or a response to !xyzzy

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#11 2015-09-28 20:54:48

den3107

Bot is broken for now.

Need to wait untill EEPhysics is updated until I can get it to work again.
Tried to update the parts that I needed, but I eventually I couldn't find what was going wrong...

#12 2015-10-03 04:34:00

!nb4
Formerly AYB

add hazard "bomb"

ZCK0zcQ.gif

#13 2015-10-03 21:37:59, last edited by den3107 (2015-10-03 23:30:41)

den3107

And Mazer is BACK!!!

Many, many thanks to Cap9 for fixing EEPhysics relatively quick!

#14 2015-10-03 22:09:01, last edited by !nb4 (2015-10-03 22:09:16)

!nb4
Formerly AYB

I would like to make one (a theme) . Maybe help you sometime?

ZCK0zcQ.gif

#15 2015-10-03 22:58:31

den3107

AYB wrote:

I would like to make one (a theme) . Maybe help you sometime?

I currently already have around 10 themes, and I don't want too many themes cus... Just cus... So maybe one or two I will take.

#16 2015-10-08 19:58:42

den3107

I'm planning on putting the bot with an interface on the web, so that the bot will run 24/7 and the interface allowing the players to influence what the bot will do.

Does anybody have any suggestions in what they would like to influence about what the bot does and how that would work in the interface?

#17 2015-10-09 20:16:22

sifter

suggestion: make team mode, first team getting to the end will win and another 2 teams will be made by the team winner, and that when only 2-3 players left then will be normal mode with they 3-2 only

EE is dead, and I just DEAL WITH IT

?type=online&name=sifter   ?type=energy&name=sifter   ?type=loginstreak&name=sifter   ?type=lastlogin&name=sifter

#18 2015-10-09 20:16:54, last edited by !nb4 (2015-10-09 20:18:40)

!nb4
Formerly AYB

I don't know. Add unobtainable smileys such as postman or contest smileys and they get

Hidden text

ZCK0zcQ.gif

#19 2015-10-09 20:21:57

sifter

AYB wrote:

I don't know. Add unobtainable smileys such as postman or contest smileys and they get

Hidden text

-_- srsly?

EE is dead, and I just DEAL WITH IT

?type=online&name=sifter   ?type=energy&name=sifter   ?type=loginstreak&name=sifter   ?type=lastlogin&name=sifter

#20 2015-10-09 20:23:04, last edited by Zoey2070 (2015-10-10 02:09:08)

!nb4
Formerly AYB

sifter:
yes, AWESOME PORTAL POWERZ!

ZCK0zcQ.gif

#21 2015-10-09 21:09:25

den3107

sifter wrote:

suggestion: make team mode, first team getting to the end will win and another 2 teams will be made by the team winner, and that when only 2-3 players left then will be normal mode with they 3-2 only

Nice idea, but but bad idea. It would make players that would lose the first round have to wait a terrible amount of time, making it a bad idea, for the rest it's nice, but not going to use it.

AYB wrote:

Hidden text

Racism is unfair, so no.
New players would then be utterly unable to get any perks at all, and only specific players will win constantly because they do have the perks.

#22 2015-10-09 21:29:33

!nb4
Formerly AYB

no the portals don't do anything just for fun.

ZCK0zcQ.gif

#23 2015-10-11 18:47:20

KingFudge

Lockdown - The blocks are all Four-ways, and the areas between spaces will change color, based on their closing.

The background can be green, orange, or red.

If the background is green, the space will stay open, until turning orange.
If the background is orange, the space will close in a few seconds. When a space closes, the background will turn red.
If the background is red, the space will close around the player, and open in a few seconds.

This will trap the player while they make their way to the finish.

#24 2015-10-11 20:55:32

den3107

KingFudge wrote:

Lockdown - The blocks are all Four-ways, and the areas between spaces will change color, based on their closing.

The background can be green, orange, or red.

If the background is green, the space will stay open, until turning orange.
If the background is orange, the space will close in a few seconds. When a space closes, the background will turn red.
If the background is red, the space will close around the player, and open in a few seconds.

This will trap the player while they make their way to the finish.

Very nice idea!
I MIGHT implement this, due to the difficulty to make it (my code isn't very pretty...).

#25 2015-10-30 18:51:11

den3107

The bot is finally in beta!

The base is solid and contains no to little bugs, now I can work on actually adding features!
First feature to have been added (in the theme of halloween) is the ghost hazard!

the ghost walks around randomly, takes a step every 2 turns (can move 1 tile horizontal, vertical or diagonal).
When a player is on the same tile the ghost is on the player is thrown out of the maze.

Wooted by: (2)
den31071453057720576328

Board footer