Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-27 22:10:21, last edited by Jdizel619 (2021-04-27 02:55:48)

Jdizel619

#2 2015-03-27 22:26:51

Creature

Re: .

C3-C6, my vocal range was lower than this.

This is a false statement.

#3 2015-03-27 22:41:17

Anak

Isn't your voice actually different than to how it sounds to yourself? Since you're hearing your own voice through your bones, rather than through air and then into your ear and etc. I know that my voice is actually deeper than it sounds to me.
That said, I can go pretty deep, and I guess sort of high as well. I'm not really able to get my range right now though. (From that video at least)

#4 2015-03-27 22:51:30

skullz17

Anak wrote:

Isn't your voice actually different than to how it sounds to yourself? Since you're hearing your own voice through your bones, rather than through air and then into your ear and etc. I know that my voice is actually deeper than it sounds to me.
That said, I can go pretty deep, and I guess sort of high as well. I'm not really able to get my range right now though. (From that video at least)

It's still accurate because it will still be the same note.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#5 2015-03-27 23:00:06

Anak

skullz17 wrote:
Anak wrote:

It's still accurate because it will still be the same note.

I hope so, lmao! The fact that my voice is different gives me anxiety, like what will my singing sound like!

#6 2015-03-27 23:48:41

SPT

im so high right now

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2015-03-28 00:59:39, last edited by tentacleTherapist (2015-03-28 01:04:11)

tentacleTherapist

That is quite a bad method of finding your vocal range, using scales would be a better opinion.
Yeah Creature that cannot be right, C6 is incredibly difficult to hit, I am female (therefore higher vocal range) and sing as a hobby and I can only just hit top C. And C3-6 is quite a range as that is going into Alto.

This is hella gay

#8 2015-03-28 15:39:12

Anch

I could make super high-pitched squeaky noises that some people can't even hear but its really hard (just squeaky noises I obviously can't talk like that)

#9 2015-03-28 16:02:52

skullz17

Something like E3 - E5.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#10 2015-03-28 16:07:21

FDOOU
Banned

Anak wrote:

If that was true, choirs wouldn't be a thing.

Come find me in game!

#11 2015-03-28 16:12:25

Anak

FDOOU wrote:
Anak wrote:

What do you mean? As Skullz said, it's still the same note. I also don't see why choirs wouldn't exist, because it's not like the difference is massive. If you've ever recorded yourself speaking or singing, you'll know that your voice sounds different, no matter the quality.

#12 2015-03-28 18:06:24

FDOOU
Banned

stupid, stupid, stupid

Come find me in game!

#13 2015-03-28 18:23:27

Creature

FDOOU wrote:

stupid, stupid, stupid

Let me understand: This is all you can sing?

This is a false statement.

Wooted by: (2)

#14 2015-03-28 18:33:31, last edited by tentacleTherapist (2015-03-28 18:35:27)

tentacleTherapist

FDOOU wrote:
Anak wrote:

It is true, if you are going to be an undercooked chicken nugget at least make sure your facts are right. The voice you hear when you talk is a combination of the the vibrations in the hair between your mouth and ear outside the head and vibrations in your skull to your ear drums making it sound deeper, hence why you sound different when you record yourself and play it back. If you have a piano you would have a better job doing scales to see which notes you can and cannot hit rather than using that video.

Choirs are a thing because with very minimal amount of practice it is easy to tell what note you are actually singing at.

This is hella gay

#15 2015-03-29 06:53:06

rubixguy

tentacleTherapist wrote:
FDOOU wrote:
Anak wrote:

It is true, if you are going to be an undercooked chicken nugget at least make sure your facts are right. The voice you hear when you talk is a combination of the the vibrations in the hair between your mouth and ear outside the head and vibrations in your skull to your ear drums making it sound deeper, hence why you sound different when you record yourself and play it back. If you have a piano you would have a better job doing scales to see which notes you can and cannot hit rather than using that video.

Choirs are a thing because with very minimal amount of practice it is easy to tell what note you are actually singing at.

I find this explanation all over the internet, and its highly quoted by people in general, but I'm finding it hard to find actual facts to back it up. If I understand it correctly, the deeper quality in your voice is supposedly caused by an enhancement of low-frequency notes resonating in your body which your own ear easily detects, but other people and recording devices won't pick this up. This implies that there should be some low-resonant objects within your body. I would think that these low-frequency resonators should be fairly close to the ear. But, what I've found so far seem to suggest that the human head (and everything inside it) is resonating at the higher frequencies (in the B5 to G7 range). Larger things tend to resonate at lower frequencies. The skull is the largest thing in the head I can think of but its lowest resonance that I could find here hits around a B5. I did however find some research that suggests that the vertebrae can resonate as some low frequencies.

But I don't find this convincing enough to say that this is the reason for our voices to sound deeper to ourselves. It does explain why it would sound different, but not deeper. Anything I try to look up only leads me to believe that we should be hearing ourselves with higher pitched tones mixed in. However, from experience, I know that my voice sounds deeper to me as I'm talking, versus hearing my own recording. I even tried to find out which frequencies travel better through air, to see if maybe lower frequencies tended to dampen faster than higher sounds, but turns out, the opposite is true. Can anyone here give me something conclusive (or nearly so) that can explain this phenomenon?

QY3OIOZ.png

#16 2015-03-29 13:26:13

Sensei1

I'd be a baritone //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#17 2015-03-29 21:18:55

skullz17

rubixguy wrote:
tentacleTherapist wrote:
FDOOU wrote:
Anak wrote:

I find this explanation all over the internet, and its highly quoted by people in general, but I'm finding it hard to find actual facts to back it up. If I understand it correctly, the deeper quality in your voice is supposedly caused by an enhancement of low-frequency notes resonating in your body which your own ear easily detects, but other people and recording devices won't pick this up. This implies that there should be some low-resonant objects within your body. I would think that these low-frequency resonators should be fairly close to the ear. But, what I've found so far seem to suggest that the human head (and everything inside it) is resonating at the higher frequencies (in the B5 to G7 range). Larger things tend to resonate at lower frequencies. The skull is the largest thing in the head I can think of but its lowest resonance that I could find here hits around a B5. I did however find some research that suggests that the vertebrae can resonate as some low frequencies.

But I don't find this convincing enough to say that this is the reason for our voices to sound deeper to ourselves. It does explain why it would sound different, but not deeper. Anything I try to look up only leads me to believe that we should be hearing ourselves with higher pitched tones mixed in. However, from experience, I know that my voice sounds deeper to me as I'm talking, versus hearing my own recording. I even tried to find out which frequencies travel better through air, to see if maybe lower frequencies tended to dampen faster than higher sounds, but turns out, the opposite is true. Can anyone here give me something conclusive (or nearly so) that can explain this phenomenon?

I think resonance is something different.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#18 2015-03-29 22:34:55

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Yay choir nerds!
I'm a Bass I and on a normal day my lowest note is an F2 but with training I've gotten down to a C2 but that was temporary. My falsetto is impressive I'd say, as I can sing an E6 confidently. My comfortable range would probably be G2-D6

Best: C2-F6.
Average day: F2-E6
Most comfortable: G2-D6

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#19 2015-03-29 22:37:07

Sybil

Thought this was about limbo.

f0uiwo.png

#20 2015-03-30 07:18:44

rubixguy

skullz17 wrote:
rubixguy wrote:
tentacleTherapist wrote:
FDOOU wrote:
Anak wrote:

I think resonance is something different.

Ya I think your right. Unfortunately, most sources I found on this topic use the word "resonate" to describe what is happening. This is a bad choice of words. I have finally found a source that correctly identifies the effect called "conduction". The skull and jaw bones are really good at conducting lower frequencies. This to me explains it all perfectly.

QY3OIOZ.png

Wooted by:

#21 2015-03-30 14:04:47

Moukdaboss
Banned

B2 - E4

idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot

#22 2015-04-01 17:46:46

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Old topic is old, but I'm an alto (as I was back in choir... four years ago). D5 - G3

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Zoey20701427906806490156

Board footer