Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

Hey Betas, We Non-Betas Got Some Bad News

Okay, this annoys the hell out of me. Whenever you betas types messages, us NON-betas CANNOT read them. I don't understand why you can't see that. Please, creators of EE, make a global message saying that not everyone can read their messages.

This REALLY annoys me because I feel bad if someone is telling me to do something and I'm not doing it, or if they're saying "hi" or "lol" and I can't read it.

YOU FAIL, EE. SERIOUSLY. Do something about this issue, please!

#2 Before February 2015

Lin Keui Swampert

Re: Hey Betas, We Non-Betas Got Some Bad News

Actually, if you hold shift, you can read all beta messages.

Although, to be honest, half of them directed at you will be "noob" or somesuch because you're a nonbeta.

#3 Before February 2015

YoshisIsland

Lin Keui Swampert wrote:

Although, to be honest, half of them directed at you will be "noob" or somesuch because you're a nonbeta.

He's right tho. But those messages are pro messages not beta.

#4 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

^ well i dont think non-beta can go on beta now can they //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#5 Before February 2015

Megaboy

Well, Beta can go invade.
Im beta.
BUT now you have to pay moar to chat.

#6 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Megaboy wrote:

Yes.

One. Freaking. Cent. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

I really don't understand why people are complaing about having to buy chat when you can literally find all the money you need on the sidewalk. If it's about having your parents approval or whatever, then too bad, because that's kind of the point of having to buy it back in the first place. (And yes, it sucks, but we're really trying to come up with a better solution.)

#7 Before February 2015

bmxingking

^ well... its kinda bull crap that u have to pay i know a lot of people hat have been w8ting for a chat system i the game and now u have to pay for it that's just messed up chat should be for anybody. ok sure its a penny but who would pay a cent for something that everybody should get for nothing. its not like beta beta i understand u get t test out the new stuff so its perfect til it comes to the public but chat no we should all get it and not have to pay even if its a dam penny overall i think its just bull crap and i bet there's a lot of other people that think the same. if your trying t create a solution so that the kids wont have to see all the swearing and cussing then increace the parental control make is so hat its nearly impossible to say that stuff it cant be that hard but mabye it can i have never worked with he parental control so i wouldn't know

#8 Before February 2015

Cola1

RPGMaster2000 wrote:
Megaboy wrote:

I really don't understand why people are complaing about having to buy chat when you can literally find all the money you need on the sidewalk.

Correct, but i find them in cracks in the pavement. And of course, IT'S A CENT. ONE CENT.

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#9 Before February 2015

YoshisIsland

Cola1 wrote:
RPGMaster2000 wrote:
Megaboy wrote:

I really don't understand why people are complaing about having to buy chat when you can literally find all the money you need on the sidewalk.

Correct, but i find them in cracks in the pavement. And of course, IT'S A CENT. ONE CENT.

Well I can understand people like my friend. His mom or dad have no paypal account so he can't approve chat.

#10 Before February 2015

lostmind123

ok so say i have a cent where do i pay?

#11 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

WTF? THIS IS NOT THE SUBJECT OF THE TOPIC.
Failure.
I pressed shift and IT WORKED!!! NOT.

Shift does nothing.

#12 Before February 2015

Xpo20

Doesnt matter, you guys get almost EVERYTHING now. /worthlesstopicnoa.

#13 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

HEY! We didn't have as much time to get santa smiley as you did!

#14 Before February 2015

Lin Keui Swampert

Yes, but with the gigantic dump (and the fact that you can get the Santa smiley in less than 2 days with energy), you have no reason to complain, when we could've rather just let the shop stay Beta-only until after Christmas.

#15 Before February 2015

Oranj

...Well, there's also the fact that energy takes forever to get, and if you wait overnight, once it gets to the max, it stops, and that's a problem because then you can't get the stuff you want (especially the Christmas stuff and other limited edition stuff that will probably come out soon) when you want it/before time runs out. Maybe upgrades for the max amount would be available for about 1,500 energy and it increases with each upgrade. And it would be nice if Gems (for beta) were easier to get, beta was cheaper, or was available for something like 15,000 energy.

#16 Before February 2015

AmoebaLord

Lin Keui Swampert wrote:

He USED to be right, until recently nonbetas could read messages by holding shift, but lately Chris made chat cost ONE CENT on PayPal as a way to ensure that people using chat are mature and responsible.   As a result, NOBODY who has paid that cent can see the messages in any way.   Not even other betas.

#17 Before February 2015

bliske

TrappedTime wrote:

Okay, this annoys the hell out of me. Whenever you betas types messages, us NON-betas CANNOT read them. I don't understand why you can't see that. Please, creators of EE, make a global message saying that not everyone can read their messages.

This REALLY annoys me because I feel bad if someone is telling me to do something and I'm not doing it, or if they're saying "hi" or "lol" and I can't read it.

YOU FAIL, EE. SERIOUSLY. Do something about this issue, please!

hold shift, you can see it, but im not sure cos it doesn't work when i hold shift, (im a beta without chat atm) until somethings done to parental control, don't rage about it, listen to what other's have to say / help befor that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile .
but it may only be the client to where you can see it using shift.

#18 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

I think this sucks. Seriously. My dad has 1 cent on a card,and he's willing to use it. The thing is, it's not working. PayPal keeps declining the card. Chris, my dad already e-mailed you because you told me to get him to verify, and you haven't responded.

#19 Before February 2015

DarkFire

The betas that have chat should read this. somebody almost always chats to me, and i want to tell them. IF I DO NOT ANSWER, I DO NOT HAVE CHAT

#20 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

Okay I have one cent, but my mom isn't willing to give her information out to anyone in those forms.
So what do I do? Just not get chat? This sucks! EFFING SUCKS.

Why can't there be an alternative way to pay????? I MEAN SERIOUSLY.

#21 Before February 2015

Master1

RPGMaster2000 wrote:
Megaboy wrote:

Yes.

I really don't understand why people are complaing about having to buy chat when you can literally find all the money you need on the sidewalk. If it's about having your parents approval or whatever, then too bad, because that's kind of the point of having to buy it back in the first place. (And yes, it sucks, but we're really trying to come up with a better solution.)

i know its easy but i dont like puting paypal info for risk of thieves

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#22 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

klmaster wrote:
RPGMaster2000 wrote:
Megaboy wrote:

Yes.

i know its easy but i dont like puting paypal info for risk of thieves

Paypal runs on an SSL (HTTPS) connection and makes it extremely difficult for anyone to access the information sent over it. Paypal is one of the most secure online transaction mediums out there.

Also, for those of you complaining that having to pay one cent, IT'S FOR PARENTAL CONTROL. This is Chris's way of making sure that parents give you permission to chat. Although, the system is flawed. I'm 13 and have a prepaid card from mastercard (it registers as a debit card) and it allowed me to enable chat. You might want to look into that.

Last edited by JadElClemens (Dec 30 2010 1:08:32 pm)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#23 Before February 2015

Villans

DarkFire wrote:

The betas that have chat should read this. somebody almost always chats to me, and i want to tell them. IF I DO NOT ANSWER, I DO NOT HAVE CHAT

I agree. BTW its really annoying when you dont have chat and owners tell you
the code IN CHAT when I dont have chat. Then they get **** off and they kick people for not having chat!

#24 Before February 2015

Megaboy

RPGMaster2000 wrote:
Megaboy wrote:

Yes.

I cant pay a cent. Why? Because Im British.

#25 Before February 2015

Tree

Megaboy wrote:
RPGMaster2000 wrote:
Megaboy wrote:

Yes.

I cant pay a cent. Why? Because Im British.

Lie about the country you are in. Try that.

TrappedTime 1423491360470072

Board footer