Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Xpo20

Grammar

I would just like to say, there are people out there who are immature and cant type right, but that doesnt mean everyone with bad grammar is a troll. Everyone has been picking on Cola lately, and hes even said he now wants to leave the forums. I noticed that his bad grammar started to make people think he was a troll, which is not true. Hes even been trying to fit in and help the game, make some smileys, and color some bricks. A lot of people were saying "Bad, not even close", or (more common)"These are just recolors. They are the worst, too". I didnt think that. They werent so bad, I'd say. One time, alex asked if he'd ever written an essay before, because that was the worst grammar he'd ever seen(But Im sure theres been worse). Some people get on the internet because they want to relax from that stuff. Work, school, and all that laboring. They arent on to write an essay. If you're not writing an essay or a novel, why even care about grammar? I've seen bad grammar, and Cola's isnt bad compared to a lot of grammar I've seen. I can make out what it says. If you know what he's saying, why even care to say how bad it is? He's not on this site to write an essay. If he wants good grammar, he could do it. But making him feel bad for not writing with good grammar. Thats his choice. Its anyone's choice. Dont care about anyone's grammar unless its so messed around that you can't read it. And dont be mean about it, either. "Um, Im sorry, but I cant read this. Could you try to make the grammar a little better?" would be nice. "Lol, what is this, I cant even read it. You fail. SO. MUCH." would be mean. Cant you guys be a little nicer? Just enough that you dont anger them so much that they decide to spam, troll, or leave the site?

#2 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

Re: Grammar

that's so true //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile and who knows mayby they have a bad grade in english ... cause my sister cant spell nothing ( and she's 16 ) because ... well she's ill say diffrent and well i dont spell all that well either and i won worry about grammer cause im only well young

i was happy when i got the ' 's in my words //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#3 Before February 2015

Alex

(@thefirstpost)
We'd be reasonable if he'd even listen. this isn't a new thing, he's been confusing everyone with almost every post he makes.
I'm not asking anyone to be super strict about what the write, no, I am only asking that they -try- to be mildly comprehendable.
No one is calling him a troll, or a spammer.
The bricks/smileys he makes are generally poor design, too bright, too complex for such a simple game(rainbow gradient block, really?)

Why care about grammar when not writing an essay/novel? If you want to rephrase this statement it's basically saying 'why care about grammar in times when it's absence doesn't affect you?', no? Now lets apply this horrible logic to something else, Law. Why care about the law in times when it's absence doesn't affect you? Only obey the law in instances you might get caught!
Do you see how moronic that sounds?

I offer to you one last statement.

Hello? we're at the same school geeze do you have to be like that an the chairs would be moving dots (even my little cousin would figure that out)

Cola's problem isn't only grammar. Its a disturbing mix of typos, poor word choice, fragmented thought, and bad grammar. And, of course, all his friends sound just like him, except the triple post with one sentence posts that are useless.

Last edited by alex (Oct 30 2010 2:32:05 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

musuki

For those who don't know, see this:
http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=1153

It's understandable that people don't want to type 'properly' on things like internet forums, but a prerequisite of making a post should be that what you have written makes sense! Cola doesn't always achieve this, and it's partially due to his (lack of) grammar. I'm not asking for anybody to be perfect (who is?), but I think it's quite rude when you don't make any effort at all.

Having said that, the reaction Cola got in that thread was stupid and shouldn't have happened.

#5 Before February 2015

Cola1

I don't really lack grammar its just because this is a forum, not school. I don't care about grammar because it's stupid and annoying (especially in the freaking usage sheets we do at school) so really, I don't care about grammar (despite being one of the easiest words I can spell).

Get the point?
AND STOP BEING OFFENSIVE!

Last edited by Cola1 (Oct 30 2010 5:51:07 pm)

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#6 Before February 2015

Xpo20

Thats what that whole first post was about, Cola.

#7 Before February 2015

Alex

Cola1 wrote:

I don't really lack grammar its just because this is a forum, not school. I don't care about grammar because it's stupid and annoying (especially in the freaking usage sheets we do at school) so really, I don't care about grammar (despite being one of the easiest words I can spell).

We're not asking to nazi about every post you make, just for you to scroll over your post to make sure it makes sence before posting. ;-;

Last edited by alex (Oct 30 2010 5:59:49 pm)

#8 Before February 2015

Xpo20

Off-topic: I took a grain of salt reading your post. Siggy=TRUE. :3

On-topic: It did make sense, and I could read it with a few tweaks in the sentence. Is it so hard to make a few tweaks to it?

#9 Before February 2015

Cola1

alex wrote:
Cola1 wrote:

We're not asking to nazi about every post you make, just for you to scroll over your post to make sure it makes sence before posting. ;-;

Okay Okay, I'll proof read my posts if it makes you happy.

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#10 Before February 2015

I Like This Game2

alex wrote:
Cola1 wrote:

Since when was nazi a verb?

#11 Before February 2015

Alex

Using a noun as a verb usually implies 'be a [noun]' about whatever's said.

It's casual talking, but you understand what I mean. This also furthers my point that you can be relaxed about typing while still being understandable.

#12 Before February 2015

Energy Drink

I understand; I like to talk however the hell I want when i use the forums.
Which includes using random symbols. !$!^#$&@#$^%@#$%><:---
Well Its neater then that... But, you get my point.

Xpo20 1423622990338442

Board footer