Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Cola1

Die.

Okay so I was looking around the internet and I typed in for no reason 'how to hack pokemon black'.
Looking through the search results I found 'Pokemon Black Hack Version' on a forum (No link //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue).

At the end of this website there was a comment saying "that's almost as disturbing as the Pokemon ROM that causes certain death in 7 days if you don't send a copy to your friends"

Looking at another comment there was a link that lead to a video (No link and you will find out why).
Reading the description I saw this (Not all of it).

"We were great friends when we were younger. We used to play pokemon a lot. I had pokemon Blue and he had pokemon Red. When we got older we went our separate ways. I soon got a phone call from my friend who said we should play our old pokemon games again. I didn't want to do this because I had grown out of pokemon, my friend still played him Pokemon game though.

The next day I got a phone call from my friends* parents saying he died from what seemed to be 'an intense seizure'..."

I did not read the rest because at the place where I put a * was when I started feeling really bad as if I was getting a seizure.

If I can remember the video name was Lavender Town 'Frequency' Mystery or something...

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#2 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Re: Die.

That's really sad D:

How long ago was this?

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#3 Before February 2015

Hurricane

Theories.

1.You did something wrong in the past.
2. It was a fluke
3. All of that was real, and something similar to the ring is real.

EDIT : [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK2iLnTR9V8[/youtube]

Last edited by Hurricane (Apr 18 2011 7:28:40 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Hurricane wrote:

Theories.

2. It was a fluke

What the fudge was that video...

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#5 Before February 2015

Hurricane

TakoMan02 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:

Theories.

2. It was a fluke

He did mention a video like this.

#6 Before February 2015

Cola1

Hurricane wrote:
TakoMan02 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:

Theories.

2. It was a fluke

He did mention a video like this.

That was the vid

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#7 Before February 2015

Hurricane

Also, I did a little research on this video, It said you can get seizures from watching this. Which is on my list of 1,000 ways to not watch a video.

#8 Before February 2015

SmittyW

Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Lavender Town "Missing Frequencies" Mystery
I met my best friend in elementary school. We had both brought our Gameboys to school one day and sat together at lunch once we realized what we had in common. I had Blue version and a Venusaur, he had Red version and a Charizard. He and I battled whenever we could and became great pals. As the years went on, we continued playing Pokemon, even through high school. Throughout all of the Pokemon generations and versions we went though, the battles never became dull.

As we approached college, we had to go separate ways. We didn't speak much after that; we had such busy lives to follow in college. I didn't think we would ever regain the friendship we once had. Then, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl were released in 2007 and we once again enjoyed our common interest in the series. We battled and talked over Wi-Fi nearly every day for a few weeks after its release.

My friend told me that he planned to play through his old Red version again. Since it had been about three months after the release of Diamond and Pearl, we didn't play them as much as before. I asked him why he wanted to play that dusty old cartridge, and he responded, "I don't know, maybe I'll find something that no one has found before."

Despite my unwillingness to run through my Blue version with him, he played his Red version anyway. After he started his journey, I never talked to him again. About three weeks later, I received a call from my friend's parents.

Even though he never had any similar problems before, he died from what was speculated to be an intense seizure. He was alone in his dorm room until a roommate, who was unfortunately too late, found him lying on the ground, lifeless, and strangely wearing his favorite headphones. I flew out as soon as I could to attend his funeral. His roommate, who was going to attend as well, informed me that just days before the incident my friend was becoming obsessed with Lavender Town and its music. My friend had aspired to become a sound engineer after graduating and had a wide range of audio skills at his disposal. He could always hear quiet sounds vividly while I failed to even recognize them at all.

As soon as he rediscovered Lavender Town, he ripped its audio to his computer and began experimenting with it. Interestingly, he bragged about finding a rare rip of the music from the first distributed batch of the Japanese-exclusive Green version. Not specifically referring to the special Japanese version, he had told the roommate that, "The frequencies in this song are different; they blend together in a special way. But there's something missing. I think something was meant to be mixed in, but it never could have worked on the Gameboy. It was so limited in terms of sound bandwidth." I had the chance to go through his laptop one last time, so I visited his Recent Items list. At the very top read "lavender.wav". Along with a few photos of us together, I copied this to my flash drive. Caught in my sadness over my best friend's death, I ignored the audio file until a few weeks before writing this. I somehow recently decided that I needed to retrace what had happened.

Driven by my desire to know what caused his untimely death, I opened the properties dialog box for the audio file, without opening the file to listen to it. Within the comments section of the metadata, he had written, "binaural tones, i added the necessary frequencies, i know why lavender town sounds so sad, and i know the part that was missing". Even eerier, I looked in his default audio program (still without listening to the file) and found the play-count for this file. One. I chatted with a sound enthusiast online in hope to decipher these cryptic comments. He gave me some special software which would analyze the audio in real time and said that was the most that could be done. This video is a screen recording of me running the aforementioned software with the original audio file. To this day I have not listened to the actual audio, as I am too emotionally disturbed by my best friend, Anthony's, death.

The near ending sounds starts making you feel weird, not as much as the beginning. I just quickly watched the beginning, then switched to end, because I don't want to watch the whole thing. DON'T WATCH IT. I wonder what he meant by "That's why Lavender Town sounded so sad." I also don't know how he thought there was missing notes to the song... I don't even think there were missing parts of the songs, unless some Pokemon creators started to die and they had to change the song.

PS: If anybody noticed, the first letters in each paragraph spell

I

A
M

D
E
A
D

#9 Before February 2015

Palm

All these vidoes causing death, I realy don't believe in it.Oh, and I loved the onion ring vidoe (Annoying orange makes a funny vidoe about "The ring" )

#10 Before February 2015

Hurricane

SmittyW. wrote:

Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Lavender Town "Missing Frequencies" Mystery
I met my best friend in elementary school. We had both brought our Gameboys to school one day and sat together at lunch once we realized what we had in common. I had Blue version and a Venusaur, he had Red version and a Charizard. He and I battled whenever we could and became great pals. As the years went on, we continued playing Pokemon, even through high school. Throughout all of the Pokemon generations and versions we went though, the battles never became dull.

As we approached college, we had to go separate ways. We didn't speak much after that; we had such busy lives to follow in college. I didn't think we would ever regain the friendship we once had. Then, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl were released in 2007 and we once again enjoyed our common interest in the series. We battled and talked over Wi-Fi nearly every day for a few weeks after its release.

My friend told me that he planned to play through his old Red version again. Since it had been about three months after the release of Diamond and Pearl, we didn't play them as much as before. I asked him why he wanted to play that dusty old cartridge, and he responded, "I don't know, maybe I'll find something that no one has found before."

Despite my unwillingness to run through my Blue version with him, he played his Red version anyway. After he started his journey, I never talked to him again. About three weeks later, I received a call from my friend's parents.

Even though he never had any similar problems before, he died from what was speculated to be an intense seizure. He was alone in his dorm room until a roommate, who was unfortunately too late, found him lying on the ground, lifeless, and strangely wearing his favorite headphones. I flew out as soon as I could to attend his funeral. His roommate, who was going to attend as well, informed me that just days before the incident my friend was becoming obsessed with Lavender Town and its music. My friend had aspired to become a sound engineer after graduating and had a wide range of audio skills at his disposal. He could always hear quiet sounds vividly while I failed to even recognize them at all.

As soon as he rediscovered Lavender Town, he ripped its audio to his computer and began experimenting with it. Interestingly, he bragged about finding a rare rip of the music from the first distributed batch of the Japanese-exclusive Green version. Not specifically referring to the special Japanese version, he had told the roommate that, "The frequencies in this song are different; they blend together in a special way. But there's something missing. I think something was meant to be mixed in, but it never could have worked on the Gameboy. It was so limited in terms of sound bandwidth." I had the chance to go through his laptop one last time, so I visited his Recent Items list. At the very top read "lavender.wav". Along with a few photos of us together, I copied this to my flash drive. Caught in my sadness over my best friend's death, I ignored the audio file until a few weeks before writing this. I somehow recently decided that I needed to retrace what had happened.

Driven by my desire to know what caused his untimely death, I opened the properties dialog box for the audio file, without opening the file to listen to it. Within the comments section of the metadata, he had written, "binaural tones, i added the necessary frequencies, i know why lavender town sounds so sad, and i know the part that was missing". Even eerier, I looked in his default audio program (still without listening to the file) and found the play-count for this file. One. I chatted with a sound enthusiast online in hope to decipher these cryptic comments. He gave me some special software which would analyze the audio in real time and said that was the most that could be done. This video is a screen recording of me running the aforementioned software with the original audio file. To this day I have not listened to the actual audio, as I am too emotionally disturbed by my best friend, Anthony's, death.

The near ending sounds starts making you feel weird, not as much as the beginning. I just quickly watched the beginning, then switched to end, because I don't want to watch the whole thing. DON'T WATCH IT. I wonder what he meant by "That's why Lavender Town sounded so sad." I also don't know how he thought there was missing notes to the song... I don't even think there were missing parts of the songs, unless some Pokemon creators started to die and they had to change the song.

PS: If anybody noticed, the first letters in each paragraph spell

I

A
M

D
E
A
D

Ah yes, You gotta love satanic music.

#11 Before February 2015

Palm

You also gotta love the Stoned Scream.

#12 Before February 2015

supadorf24

*sigh* Way to creep me out. Google Lavender Town Syndrome. Anyway, I love Lavender Town. It's one of my favorite places in the game. I'm pretty sure it's the only town with an exclusive soundtrack; all the other towns' music is repeated throughout different towns. I play Crystal by the way. Lavender Town's music is awesome. 'Nuff said. Listen to the original song. Don't believe any of this binaural missing frequencies crap. Why is the song so sad? Because the composer made it that way. No need to be scared.

#13 Before February 2015

The Red Troll

well theres more to that mystery than it seem's cuz ive read it b4 and i surched into it loads of times from all sorces i could and i think i cracked the mystery but, its a secret, and scary, and not 4 kids. but if im correct i will probably be famous

plus i want 2 be a detective when im older so ive trained myself 2 do things like this //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#14 Before February 2015

Linus21

I didnt understand. Cola1 was you the one who didnt wanna play pokemon?

#15 Before February 2015

Chimi

Nightmares. You gotta read this article.

#16 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Lol, Chimi, that's the one I read. At the bottom it says it's all fiction. ... Right, guys...?
Well written, though. Had me goin' there for a while.

#17 Before February 2015

The Red Troll

but superdorf, thats what they would say 2 calm ppl down and stop them going mad

#18 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Sounds like creepy pasta.

#19 Before February 2015

supadorf24

The Missing Frequencies thing is from Creepy Pasta. Anyway, I just watched the video. I almost started laughing. Really, guys? There's a ghost and some Unown spelling out "leave now" in his audio file. Look, it's a great story. But so is The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Both stories are fiction. The reason people claim to have started to get seizures by watching the video is that they're expecting something bad to happen. It's the same concept as the placebo effect. Patients are given sugar pills with no drug, but are told that the placebo pill is the real pill. Patients are expecting to get better, an thus do get better, even though all they were given is a fake pill. In conclusion, the Missing Frequencies Mystery is just another scary story to tell around the campfire.

Last edited by Supadorf24 (Apr 19 2011 8:36:28 am)

#20 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

I looked into this a bit a while back (before finding EE)

IIRC, it went something like this. (random facts about it placed in a random order, sorry if they don't relate to one another)

-Japanese kids killed selves after listening to Lavender Town theme on the Japanese version, which was unedited and included the original, death-causing soundtrack.
-Adding a binaural beat caused it to sound different, or something, perhaps added the 'missing frequencies'
-He emailed his friend or something like that, friend sends him an algorithm for converting the sound to an image (lolwut)
-Neither of the videos actually has one of the things (one has the song and binaural beat, no algorithm image, the one that Hurricane posted doesn't have the binaural beat, but the algorithm is running)
-This whole thing is crap. maybe the depressing music may have made some people kill themselves, and the frequencies definitely could've enacted a seizure in certain people, but I don't think there's any mystery to it.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#21 Before February 2015

Jeremifier

Oh. My. God. Poor cola!
How long ago was it!?

I am NOT reading that or watching the video. And this is probably why I hate pokemon.

Cola11423628594332838

Board footer