Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

xputnameherex

Mac Vs. Windows Vs. Unix

BOOGAWOOGAWOOGAWOOGA!
UpsidedownexclamationpointViva la Echo! (?)
Signed
Bored person,
8/31/12.

Last edited by xputnameherex (Aug 30 2012 10:21:39 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Re: Mac Vs. Windows Vs. Unix

I prefer Macs.   I use both on a daily basis (a MacBook and an HP ProBook 4525s, to be exact).   The Mac takes less time to come on from either a completely off state and a sleep/hibernate mode.   The Mac has never gotten a virus, the PC has, even though I go to the exact same sites on both.   I actually had to switch from Windows to Ubuntu because the virus was so bad.   That's even with virus protection.   Also, the Mac was ready to go straight outta the box, while the PC wasn't.   The Mac takes, on average, half as much time to load a page as on the PC.   The PC also frequently disconnects from the Interwebs for minutes at a time, f*cking up everything I'm doing.   So yeah, if I had to go with one, Mac wins.

This pic pretty much sums it up.

mac-pc.jpg

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#3 Before February 2015

xputnameherex

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

I prefer Macs.   I use both on a daily basis (a MacBook and an HP ProBook 4525s, to be exact).   The Mac takes less time to come on from either a completely off state and a sleep/hibernate mode.   The Mac has never gotten a virus, the PC has, even though I go to the exact same sites on both.   I actually had to switch from Windows to Ubuntu because the virus was so bad.   That's even with virus protection.   Also, the Mac was ready to go straight outta the box, while the PC wasn't.   The Mac takes, on average, half as much time to load a page as on the PC.   The PC also frequently disconnects from the Interwebs for minutes at a time, f*cking up everything I'm doing.   So yeah, if I had to go with one, Mac wins.

This pic pretty much sums it up.

http://realitypod.com/wp-content/upload … mac-pc.jpg

No new/accurate material was brought forth, thus nothing is added to the OP.

Also, I've seen that picture before, and I can tell you I take the part that actually makes sense as a compliment. That part being that with a PC, you can take parts out and replace them as you wish, and with a Mac, you cannot, it is one big thing that you're gonna have to get taken to an Apple Store to get upgraded.

Last edited by xputnameherex (Mar 29 2012 7:06:12 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

Cola1

I am completely neutral.  

dell-vs-apple.jpg
^More like it.

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#5 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Windows because Macs are BIG $$$ for a slower computer.
My computer is small (not as small as a macbook but smaller than an imac) and it's more powerful and cheaper than any mac.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#6 Before February 2015

xputnameherex

That is true for me, I support Dell, and get most of my price comparisons and features from them.

Also people, try to bring stuff to the table that I can add to the OP. The kind of stuff Twipply and I would say n one of our arguments. (Not saying you have to, oc, just saying it would be awesome of you and you might get a +rep if I'm bored)

Last edited by xputnameherex (Mar 30 2012 3:22:56 pm)

#7 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Lazy people - Macs

Customizable - PC 10x better than Macs for less the price.

#8 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

I prefer Windows because most games work on them -- I don't think I've ever seen a mac exclusive game. I like being able to download pretty much anything and not being worried about the fact that it won't work on my overly expensive computer. I'm not a graphics designer or someone with money to spend, so a windows is good for the purpose I need it for -- playing games and browsing the internet.

I don't need a mac because I don't need a nice looking computer, I mean ffs, I use classic windows toolbars and stuff, my computer is dusty as hell and my monitor doesn't even have a frame on it anymore and hasn't been cleaned in three years. (For the record, someone spilled soda on it and forced to switch my beautiful monitor out and it was flickering off and on so I had to remove the frame for it to work)

And yes, I have had a few viruses, including one that literally closed all my programs and I couldn't get rid of until I booted my computer up in safemode. Yet that wasn't the computer's fault, it was mine and the fact that I had norton which is utter crap.

Also, I like being able to rightclick.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#9 Before February 2015

xputnameherex

Zoey2070 wrote:

Also, I like being able to rightclick.

How did I forget that? Added.

#10 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

On mac:
Hold 2 fingers on track pad, like you are about to scroll, then click.
TADA right click.

- ShinsukeIto

#11 Before February 2015

SWL

I prefer PCs. And also,look,xputnameherex added more things to "Why PCs are better".

#12 Before February 2015

xputnameherex

Different55 wrote:

On mac:
Hold 2 fingers on track pad, like you are about to scroll, then click.
TADA right click.

Desktops don't have trackpads, mostly. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#13 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

You can easily right click like D55 said, also you can just plug in a mouse to a USB port (or get a wireless one).

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#14 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

But lots of people do not know about it.

- ShinsukeIto

#15 Before February 2015

Twipply

You mention me in far too many of your posts.

xputnameherex wrote:

Customer Service: Remember that this has nothing to do with the computer, however, I will still give it to them because it is much better than most PC services. Most.

I imagine a vast majority of aid comes from Google.   I also imagine that there's considerably more results about your problem for a PC than a mac.   Unless you meant something else?

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

The Mac takes less time to come on from either a completely off state and a sleep/hibernate mode.

Interesting.   I assume you compared hard drive and other specifications before taking that 'result' to be significant?

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

The Mac has never gotten a virus, the PC has, even though I go to the exact same sites on both.   I actually had to switch from Windows to Ubuntu because the virus was so bad.   That's even with virus protection.

Getting a virus is very often down to user idiocy.

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

Also, the Mac was ready to go straight outta the box, while the PC wasn't.

I don't think I'll ask how you gave any worth to literally a one time task.

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

The Mac takes, on average, half as much time to load a page as on the PC.

A page?   Do you mean in your browser?   Which are you using?   What builds are they?   Do you have addons installed?   Why are you claiming the mac is faster when you apparently nerfed the PC with a virus?

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

The PC also frequently disconnects from the Interwebs for minutes at a time, f*cking up everything I'm doing.

I have no idea, but I'm going to blindly blame you anyway.

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

So yeah, if I had to go with one, Mac wins.

Cool story, bro.

Last edited by Twipply (Mar 30 2012 7:40:17 pm)

#16 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Depends on the user. I use a Mac, but in almost all cases PC is superior. A PC is a ton more versatile. For me, I like the Mac interface. I like the customer service (although I've never had a problem). My old school used them so I'm used to them. It all comes down to a matter of preference (and price) in the end.

#17 Before February 2015

xputnameherex

Twipply wrote:

You mention me in far too many of your posts.

Hehe. I mention you in things I think you'll get in an argument in. And I was right. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Twipply wrote:
xputnameherex wrote:

Customer Service: Remember that this has nothing to do with the computer, however, I will still give it to them because it is much better than most PC services. Most.

I imagine a vast majority of aid comes from Google.   I also imagine that there's considerably more results about your problem for a PC than a mac.   Unless you meant something else?

I meant the actual Customer Service at the company, for either A) The problems that cannot be fixed like that and must be sent back to the maker to be fixed correctly or B) the people that don't want to/don't know how to follow online instructions. For instance, if you were to call in for Dell Customer Service/Send a broken computer to Dell Customer Service, it would be a pretty bad experience. Same thing for Apple, except it would be a much more comfortable, quick, and easy experience. (Dell is pretty well known for that, although I did hear that HP is about equivalent to Macs. What do you use, Dell, HP, Sony, etc?)

#18 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

I really don't like macs, because it won't do what I tell it to. I told it to delete a few files from my PSP, because the card was getting full. So it says it deletes them. So I attempt to copy the new ones on. But there's not enough room. So I look down at the Free Space thing, and it's the same amount that it was before I deleted them. That's because Mac uses a .Trashes folder. If you delete something, it goes there. It's not actually deleted. So I used Terminal to show hidden files. But I still couldn't delete it. It just put it in the .Trashes folder again. So I tried clearing the Trash Bin. It was still there. So an hour later I copied the files I wanted to save to the Mac, formatted my PSP, then put the files back on. And from now on I will always use either a windows computer or my psp's file explorer to delete files.
NEVER A MAC.

- ShinsukeIto

#19 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Twipply wrote:

tl;dq

It's astonishing how you manage to say nothing of value and then almost come off as sounding intelligent.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#20 Before February 2015

xputnameherex

@Different: I never had that problem when I used a Mac. I'm not gonna add it, but duly noted.

@Orton: You know he didn't say that, right? That means: Too long; didn't [r]ead." And he did at least partly read it.

#21 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

tl;dq: (his post was) Too long; (so I) didn't quote.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#22 Before February 2015

Tegtmejer

Mac <3

#23 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

This is a great article: 15 Reasons Macs Are Still Better Than Windows from APC.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#24 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Can you please remove the ability to right-click from the pros for PC list?

#25 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

10 months and 15 days ago...

TakoMan02 wrote:

Macs are designed with bright colors and bouncing icons, which amuse children. I don't want to be amused, I don't even want it to look pretty, I just like to get 'work' done; which is why I prefer PC's.

For the work I do, I depend on support and capability. Not looks. Not overwhelming prices. Yes, some (and I use the term graciously) Macs can be cheap, but overall they're through the roof.

I think they should stick to iPods and other simple media devices.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

xputnameherex 1423667353294079

Board footer