Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

DBF

A list of Everybody Edits glitches

http://everybodyedits.wikia.com/wiki/Li … s_Glitches
Feel free to add any to that list if you see any or remove them if they are inaccurate..like I don't know much about the arrow staying glitch as it's never happened to me.

#2 Before February 2015

Jimmie

Re: A list of Everybody Edits glitches

Great list //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#3 Before February 2015

Circa

Well, DBF, I can explain the "gravitation pull glitch" for you.   It's not an actual glitch.   Try this out.   Hold down a directional key, and then click off-screen.   Your smiley will continue to move in that direction.   This can happen accidentally.   The solution is quite simple.   Just tap the same directional key once.   You should then be able to move freely once more. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Last edited by Circa (Aug 11 2010 10:40:23 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

Shesiressu

A compliment to you site! But i don't know any other glitches, so... i don't have to edit something //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#5 Before February 2015

DBF

Circa wrote:

Well, DBF, I can explain the "gravitation pull glitch" for you.   It's not an actual glitch.   Try this out.   Hold down a directional key, and then click off-screen.   Your smiley will continue to move in that direction.   This can happen accidentally.   The solution is quite simple.   Just tap the same directional key once.   You should then be able to move freely once more. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

I think that would still be a glitch, but I changed it to your description.

#6 Before February 2015

mustang

There are many more glitches we have noticed while creating challenges. I'll describe a few here.

1) Jumping off of arrows and dots. If you layer the ground with only a single layer of arrows and dots, there is a chance you can jump onto them and then double jump off of them as if they were not there. This is most likely a result of the collision detection between the smiley and block registering correctly, but the gravity/dot detection lagging behind for some odd reason.

2) When passing through or jumping onto a dot, there is a random chance that your smiley will experience momentum in an unexpected direction. For example, if you create a single hole in the ground and put a dot above it, technically your smiley should be able to run on the ground into the dot and not fall at all. However, sometimes when you run into the dot your smiley will still fall slightly into the hole, even though you never hit the down key.

3) Inconsistent gravity arrow strength. Most likely due to lag, when you are accelerated by a group of gravity arrows, the amount of acceleration is not always the same. Sometimes you will experienced an unexplained boost that shoots you much further than expected. This causes considerable problems since not every player has the same lag, and thus there are challenges that not every player can beat if they have too much lag. This is hard to test for since you need someone with a lot of lag to make sure everyone can beat it.

I will post more later as we come across them.

Last edited by mustang (Aug 12 2010 4:47:59 am)

#7 Before February 2015

Wailord

For the right click freeze glitch, if you have multiple tabs open, just go to Windows Task Manager and click close on the EE window. When the "Would you like to save tabs" window comes up, it should fix it, and then you can just cancel the close. It works for me every time (I use firefox, it might not work on other browsers)

#8 Before February 2015

DBF

mustang wrote:

There are many more glitches we have noticed while creating challenges. I'll describe a few here.

1) Jumping off of arrows and dots. If you layer the ground with only a single layer of arrows and dots, there is a chance you can jump onto them and then double jump off of them as if they were not there. This is most likely a result of the collision detection between the smiley and block registering correctly, but the gravity/dot detection lagging behind for some odd reason.

2) When passing through or jumping onto a dot, there is a random chance that your smiley will experience momentum in an unexpected direction. For example, if you create a single hole in the ground and put a dot above it, technically your smiley should be able to run on the ground into the dot and not fall at all. However, sometimes when you run into the dot your smiley will still fall slightly into the hole, even though you never hit the down key.

3) Inconsistent gravity arrow strength. Most likely due to lag, when you are accelerated by a group of gravity arrows, the amount of acceleration is not always the same. Sometimes you will experienced an unexplained boost that shoots you much further than expected. This causes considerable problems since not every player has the same lag, and thus there are challenges that not every player can beat if they have too much lag. This is hard to test for since you need someone with a lot of lag to make sure everyone can beat it.

I will post more later as we come across them.

Thanks, added

#9 Before February 2015

DBF

Wailord wrote:

For the right click freeze glitch, if you have multiple tabs open, just go to Windows Task Manager and click close on the EE window. When the "Would you like to save tabs" window comes up, it should fix it, and then you can just cancel the close. It works for me every time (I use firefox, it might not work on other browsers)

I'll test this later.

#10 Before February 2015

DBF

Maybe if this stays bumped or stickied, there will be less posts here of known glitches.

#11 Before February 2015

Cola1

Circa i had to do this to get the gravity pull "glitch" off aslkhdso;iuf'dfohig'odfljgdopfjd;;

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#12 Before February 2015

spartanstare

i dislike the "gravity pull glitch":P

DBF 1423688425273007

Board footer