Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Chimi

Screenshots for Dummehs

Screenshots for Dummehs

Your complete, foolproof guide to pictures on the forum.

Created by Chimi

Step 1: Pose
Get everything ready. Make any changes for the picture, then move your mouse off the screen so it doesn't intrude on your memories.

Created by Chimi

Step 2: Snap the pic
Now we will take the actual screenshot. The method will vary depending on the type of computer you have. If you have a Mac, skip ahead to the Mac section.
Windows
For Windows, simply press the button above 'Insert' that says [prt scrn | sys rq].
keysnew.gif
Then open up a paint document. Right click anywhere in the blank part of the paint document, and click Paste. Your image will appear. Save it somewhere you'll remember for the next step.
Mac
If you are using a Mac, You will need to hold shift and command, then hit the 3 key.
mackeyboard.jpg
It will automatically save it onto your desktop. It will be named 'Picture 1'.
Created by Chimi

Step 3: Upload the Screenshot
Time to upload the picture onto a picture hosting site. For this demonstration, I will use ImageShack, As I find it the fastest and easiest to use. Go to ImageShack and click the browse button.
browsebutton.gif
Find the picture you saved in step 2, and click it. Then just click the Open button.
Decide whether you want to resize the picture or not. If its a big image, It's usually best to select 640x480 (for message boards). That will make the image the right size for these forums. Now hit the Upload Now button.
Created by Chimi

Step 4: Getting the Link
After completing step 3, you will be at another page with a bunch of links that will look something like this.
uploaded2.png
The Direct Link is the one we want, but you can not access it without either signing in or creating an account. If you do not want to create an account, skip to The Hard Way. If you don't mind creating an account, go to Creating an Account. If you already have an account, skip to The Recommended Way.
Created by Chimi

Creating an Account
First off, click 'Sign Up' on the front page of ImageShack, or just click here. Fill in the forum and click Sign Up at the bottom.
signupb.png
Check your email for the link they sent you, and click it. Save the email for use later. Now you have signed up, go to The Recommended Way
Created by Chimi

The Recommended Way
Make sure you are logged in, so the Direct Link is accessible. Right-click the code in the box to the right and click 'Copy'. Now skip ahead to Step 5.
Created by Chimi

The Hard Way
Right-click the code beside 'Forum Code', and click 'Copy'. Open up a text document and right click, then click 'Paste'. You will see something like this, except the underlined parts may be different.
links1.png
Here's the dirty work. You will need to delete everything that is crossed out in the following picture.
links2qd.png
Copy what's left and move ahead to Step 5.

Created by Chimi

Step 5: Posting it on the Forums
Now that you have your link, head to the forum page that you want to post your picture on. Paste your link in the reply box. Highlight your link, then click the button above the box that says 'Img'. Now write a short message, and hit Submit!

Created by Chimi

Wrapup
Now, I realize this guide may be a bit extensive and over-explained, but I guarantee that there will be less questions about this now. Feel free to ask additional questions in the comments, and give me feedback. Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Chimi (May 8 2011 10:36:07 am)

#2 Before February 2015

noelzkie

Re: Screenshots for Dummehs

smileydesignersave.png

I hope I can now post pic. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Last edited by noelzkie (May 8 2011 2:36:24 am)

#3 Before February 2015

Jeremy

I think you don't need to sign up on imageshack.   Just copy the forum code then delete some parts there. ( TRAvR.png didn't see that coming. Sorry) Also, the screenshots, I can screenshot just by pressing "Print Screen SysRq" without pressing shift.

Last edited by Jeremy (May 8 2011 2:47:43 am)

#4 Before February 2015

noelzkie

Ill try again.

gokusmiley.png

#5 Before February 2015

Jeremy

^ Succeed

#6 Before February 2015

noelzkie

Yay at last! I succeeded!

#7 Before February 2015

Chimi

Jeremy wrote:

I think you don't need to sign up on imageshack.   Just copy the forum code then delete some parts there. ( TRAvR.png didn't see that coming. Sorry)

Yes, I included this Yn8I7.png

Jeremy wrote:

Also, the screenshots, I can screenshot just by pressing "Print Screen SysRq" without pressing shift.

This doesn't work on all computers.

#8 Before February 2015

Nou

You don't need to hold shift.

No u.

#9 Before February 2015

Chimi

On some older computers you do.

#10 Before February 2015

AnonymousZC

Is there anyway you can take a screenshot of the whole world, no matter how big it is? I would like to make a backup just incase I lose it.

#11 Before February 2015

Chimi

The whole EE World? Sorry, but this isn't made specifically for Everybody Edits. You could take a bunch and stitch them together If you wanted.

#12 Before February 2015

imgur is better, you don't need to register and i saw some broken imageshack images pFhcd.png

#13 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

WytXG.png
Hahaha.

Good guide, good guide.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#14 Before February 2015

Chimi

Why thank you. I actually created it because I've seen at least 5 people ask that in the last week.
@0176, The imageshack images weren't correct because of a mistake the user made.

Sorry, I misread a bit of the info. I don't think you need to hold Shift even with old computers. I'll try and fix that asap.
edit: Done.

Last edited by Chimi (May 8 2011 10:36:45 am)

#15 Before February 2015

AnonymousZC

Chimi wrote:

You could take a bunch and stitch them together If you wanted.

That is the only way I could think. Just thought i'd put it out there.

(Hint: Just don't press Shift + Alt + PrtScn //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink)

#16 Before February 2015

Chimi

Yes, that would toggle high-contrast mode on Windows. That's for visually impaired people. Hit those keys again to toggle it off.

#17 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

The_chosen_one keeps asking me how to prtscrn...

...do I sound like a computer geek? Really?

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#18 Before February 2015

Chimi

I think it's your sig. Looks pretty geeky to me.

#19 Before February 2015

noelzkie

Thanks to Chimi I can now post some picture!

#20 Before February 2015

Jeremy

o.O You mean you only knew that since Chimi posted it?

#21 Before February 2015

noelzkie

You said you can speak tagalog.

Oo nalaman ko lng kay Chimi kya marunong na ako mag post ng picture. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile supermancg.png

#22 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

I request a sticky!

#23 Before February 2015

noelzkie

All moderators and admins are sleeping. -_-

#24 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

I prefer tinypic as the image quality doesn't go down as when imgshack's img cualoty went down.

#25 Before February 2015

noelzkie

Doesn matter. What is tinypic? bigspender.png

Chimi 1423702355259077

Board footer