Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

ilyas3d

Making a minigame which has a random outcome?

Anybody know of a method to make a minigame whose outcome is 100% random and pressing the arrow keys doesn't affect the outcome?

Edj and I are testing this now. Will post results here. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to comment.

First half is complete. We are working on a random key system now.
bYQwi.png

Last edited by ilyas3d (Dec 18 2010 4:25:40 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Alex

Re: Making a minigame which has a random outcome?

moved to level creation

#3 Before February 2015

SeymourG

It is literally, and you can even quote my on this, "This is 100% impossible, because
every single thing will happen the same, and ESPECIALLY if you plan on stopping them from moving entirely. I don't mean to be rude and/or mean, but have you ever seen that happen? Sorry, but unless they make some weirdo-randomizer, it's not happening.

#4 Before February 2015

MIHB

Good luck.   I tried to make a random key trigger, but couldn't work it out.   While I believe it may be possible, the mechanics will be incredibly difficult to manage.

BTW, there is a glitch with the blue key which makes it fairly unusable for a random key trigger.   I'm gonna see if Chris will fix it soon.

SeymourG: while it is probably impossible to make a system that is entirely random (under the new physics, anyway), it may be possible to make a system that does not repeat, or that repeats so infrequently as to be impossible to predict.

Last edited by MIHB (Dec 23 2010 1:43:09 am)

ilyas3d 1423760009201423

Board footer