Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

jakery

** Read this before you post an EE Dragon **

EE Dragons are quickly becoming a fad on the forums. There is a single thread in Off-Topic that will be kept open for dragon posting:

http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=11371

Outside of that thread, do not create posts about your EE Dragons. Spread the word: any new EE Dragon posts outside of that thread will be treated as spam, and warnings will be issued.

The last thing we need is for every other thread to be "OMG Click on this picture of my dragon or it will die!!!11!!1" I swear.... You kids go crazy with your online virtual pets. :rolleyes:

#2 Before February 2015

surferboy09

Re: ** Read this before you post an EE Dragon **

Lol I take it u dont like ee dragons I think there ok but I've right about posting on forms about plz click this dragon or it will die. But 1 question is it ok to put it on signature thing like I have.

#3 Before February 2015

MadReaper

Thanks, this was really needed.

#4 Before February 2015

jakery

@MadReaper You're welcome. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

@surferboy09 As long as actual posts are kept inside that one thread, the dragon sigs can stay.... for now. If the spam wave doesn't die down, we might have to change this.

About liking/disliking the dragons: I have nothing against the pictures, but the scheme/business model of the site is pretty shady. Basically, they're using you to generate web site hits, which makes them lots of money (and you get none of this money). If their web site had useful content it wouldn't be as much of an issue, but in this case it's just "You helped my dragon grow! Would you like one, too? (So that this web site can get even more hits and make us more money?)"

What's worse, they use emotional manipulation to keep you hooked. If you get fond of the little dragon you created, you start requesting more clicks because if the dragon doesn't get clicks it dies. The site programmers didn't have to make the dragons die, but they know that you'll feel guilty/sad if you let a "poor, sweet, innocent" dragon die from "neglect". They do it to manipulate you. That's pretty low, if you ask me. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Edit: This.

Last edited by jakery (Jul 27 2011 12:18:15 am)

#5 Before February 2015

Cookiepaw

jakery wrote:

About liking/disliking the dragons: I have nothing against the pictures, but the scheme/business model of the site is pretty shady. Basically, they're using you to generate web site hits, which makes them lots of money (and you get none of this money). If their web site had useful content it wouldn't be as much of an issue, but in this case it's just "You helped my dragon grow! Would you like one, too? (So that this web site can get even more hits and make us more money?)"

What's worse, they use emotional manipulation to keep you hooked. If you get fond of the little dragon you created, you start requesting more clicks because if the dragon doesn't get clicks it dies. The site programmers didn't have to make the dragons die, but they know that you'll feel guilty/sad if you let a "poor, sweet, innocent" dragon die from "neglect". They do it to manipulate you. That's pretty low, if you ask me. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Hmmm I never thought of it like that. I might consider taking them off my sig...

#6 Before February 2015

MadReaper

This is how the Internet works.

#7 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

True, lately I saw those CLICK MY DRAGON and dragon siggy.

#8 Before February 2015

rob1nfly

It's official- the internet is worse than Hollywood.

#9 Before February 2015

treejoe4

I am not gonna click on them now mwhahahhaa

#10 Before February 2015

calculusguy

I never clicked on them //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#11 Before February 2015

SmittyW

Certainly, I will follow your demands. I just have one question; what does !!11!!1! mean? I see it everywhere I go...
I care about my real cat more than virtual pets. I hope others do as well. :rolleyes:

Last edited by SmittyW. (Jul 16 2011 6:25:30 pm)

#12 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Hey, Jakery, will you click my dragon? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#13 Before February 2015

Chimi

Yn8I7.png Honored.

SmittyW. wrote:

Certainly, I will follow your demands. I just have one question; what does !!11!!1! mean? I see it everywhere I go...
I care about my real cat more than virtual pets. I hope others do as well. :rolleyes:

This is like a noob icon. Sometimes people who are new or just young tend to use a LOT of exclamation points. Hold shift and 1, and it's almost impossible to take them off exactly at the same time, resulting in something like this:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

People like Different55 tend to exaggerate a bit and do this:

!!!!!!!!one!!!11!1!!!!!eleven!!!!1!111

#14 Before February 2015

Sabrillian

Those virtual pet "click-me-now!!" things always seem to "push" me. I can't look at a "Please click my dragon or else he will die!" kind of sentence without hearing the word "corny" in my head.

Not trying to be mean though, anyone has the right to do what they please //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#15 Before February 2015

Cola1

I don't really give a heck about all these virtual pet thingies. I'll probably never get one jFAMA.png

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#16 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Chimi wrote:

People like Different55 tend to exaggerate a bit and do this:

!!!!!!!!one!!!11!1!!!!!eleven!!!!1!111

Only when being a smart*** Yn8I7.png

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#17 Before February 2015

Chimi

Which happens altogether too often.

#18 Before February 2015

jakery

After my discussion with bobcar123 about EEDragons, I know more about the nature of the site and I need to revise some statements:

--Only one breed of dragon, the "challenge" dragon, dies if it doesn't receive clicks. bobcar123 was able to customize this, and he didn't do it to manipulate anyone or generate site hits. The "create your own pets" aspect of My Adopts (where EEDragons lives) is unfamiliar to me, and I was not aware that this customization was possible, or that the "click to keep alive" was only a special challenge restricted to one breed.

--bobcar123 doesn't make any money from the EEDragons page he created. The site does host ad banners which generate revenue, but this revenue goes to the owners of MyAdopts.com, and not bobcar123 or anyone associated with EEDragons.myadopts.com. The business model is still somewhat viral, but appears far more benign than I had assumed.

I made unfair generalizations about EEDragons based on my past encounters with "online pets" sites of this kind. For this I apologize.

#19 Before February 2015

MadReaper

Cookiepaw wrote:
jakery wrote:

Hmmm I never thought of it like that. I might consider taking them off my sig...

I guess you can put them back //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

jakery 142387591585517

Board footer