Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

ThuggishPrune

PETITON: Give us signs.

Chris promised us signs and now he isn't going to give them to us due to stupid noobs abusing them. Can't he add censors to them? If there is a bad word just don't have the sign put down and give them an In-game error message and kick them from their world. Give them to only chat people due to them being like chat.

And He should give these, and don't say this is a stupid idea. A lot of people want story lines to their worlds. Like me.

A point: Yea people can abuse signs but without them they can draw the message out with blocks and such.

#2 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Re: PETITON: Give us signs.

ThuggishPrune wrote:

Chris promised us signs and now he isn't going to give them to us due to stupid noobs abusing them.

When did Chris ever promise us signs?

Of course, I do agree with you that signs should be implemented. Noobs already abuse the chat far more than they could ever abuse signs, so I don't see a problem there.

Repost of what I wrote in Nou's Q&A topic:

I wrote:
Toby wrote:
ThuggishPrune wrote:

So we aren't getting text?! WTF. I'm already **** about the damn physics being ****ed with and they aren't going back. now this. Thanks Chris.

Pretty sure no-one ever said they'd be released. They're too abusable and we only ever intended for the tutorial room...

Just disable text for non-chat players. Problem solved.

The worst that could be done with text is swearing, and that's nothing compared to what goes on in the chat. Chat is the most abusable feature in EE and every other chat-enabled game--crashing worlds, flooding--yet you're worried about static text.

Last edited by Supadorf24 (Jul 30 2011 5:52:25 pm)

#3 Before February 2015

Muftwin

heres my sign

"youve reached the end, now heres you tofu"

dangit i didnt save for an hour and got random kicked

#4 Before February 2015

Cola1

Yes.
Or...
Pick people who seem responsible enough to use text right.

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#5 Before February 2015

ThuggishPrune

i think that the fu could not be censored just for signs. Why is fu censored anyways?

#6 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

Muftwin wrote:

heres my sign

"youve reached the end, now heres you tofu"

dangit i didnt save for an hour and got random kicked

tofu will be starred WevBh.png

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#7 Before February 2015

Stubby
Website

I really need signs for my world...     So...     GIVE US SIGNS!!!     GIVE US SIGNS NAO!!! https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

fgRzols.png

#8 Before February 2015

Bobithan

With signs there should be a report button on worlds. That would fix a lot. Besides, signs can't be abused as much as chat as Supadorf said

aka towwl

#9 Before February 2015

Monstar43

I agree with this except for the chat only part.

#10 Before February 2015

Calicara

I do agree we need signs. Make signs chat only, and make it the same rules as chat. If you abuse your signs then you get both chat and signs taken away. You should also make it so only the owner of the level can place text in their level. I don't think we need every god in a level to have text. It could be disastrous.

#11 Before February 2015

Monstar43

Why make it chat only? You people can already talk to each other so there's no need for chat only signs. If chat gets signs then non-chat should get text.(Unless they are both almost the same. In that case make them both for everyone.)

#12 Before February 2015

FruitMonster2

Failgirl101 wrote:

I do agree we need signs. Make signs chat only, and make it the same rules as chat. If you abuse your signs then you get both chat and signs taken away. You should also make it so only the owner of the level can place text in their level. [u]I don't think we need every god in a level to have text[/]. It could be disastrous.

Also, I second that the owner should be able to put text... maybe Chris could give it to the good responsible players (responsible trolls included!)

#13 Before February 2015

Calicara

Plus the way I see it is, if any random person could write in a world if a troll got the code they could give the code away in seconds by typing it, rather than by spelling it in blocks.

#14 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

make it so only the owner can use it, prob. solved, I know these are abusable but come on...so is chat and all the other blocks, god stop being so paranoid :/

#15 Before February 2015

treejoe4

How about non chatters get signs with phrases, and chatters get to see what other chatters have wrote

#16 Before February 2015

ThuggishPrune

I like treejoes idea but the censored words... hmmm

#17 Before February 2015

i agree for chat only or maybe for betas only i don't know but nice idea. only for one of those decisions.

#18 Before February 2015

catking00

I don't have chat cuz my dad wont Let me. And if I open something like tinychat my computer usually freezes when I have EE open too. So signs would be very useful. I agree only beta should have it and select nonbetas. I see most abusers don't pay for beta cuz they only want to troll people and such.

#19 Before February 2015

DK Levels

I still think they are ugly, trollable and will make worlds look ugly and I really don't think we need them for anything apart from the tutorial world... If you want a story line to your world just type up one on the forums... I would hate to go into a level and see text everywhere mashed up with mini's and telling me what to do, I'd rather explore on my own if I'm honest.

#20 Before February 2015

Echo!

give up with all these petitons already //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

#21 Before February 2015

iYam

Just make it a beta only option and that's all?
1. Chris will get money (duh!)
2. People who paid 10$ (5$ in xmas) seem to be responsible enough too me -
3. - Not to get a ban! Make a report button if you really scared.

Last edited by iYam (Jul 31 2011 4:30:15 am)

#22 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Oh wow. Are you serious? THE OtHER THING WAS JUST FIXED AND now your complaining again.. Sad..

#23 Before February 2015

EDJ

suggested before

ThuggishPrune 142387755883874

Board footer