Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#151 2020-06-03 14:12:26

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Mafia 48 - Birthday Party Game Thread [MAFIA VICTORY]

Also @norboy if you and another player (in this case Onjit) townread eachother that doesn't mean your reads on other players align and all parties agree to vote together
I find your "Vote luka with me" slightly odd, from a member of a townblock I'd rather expect an invitation to a discussion (i.e. "What do you think about Luka?")

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#152 2020-06-03 15:46:00

peace

!

unvote

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#153 2020-06-03 15:49:36

peace

alright i think its th ebest for the vig to claim asap afetr theyve shooted so that gives the cop more free shots when they investigate even fi w elynch the claiemd vig and he apears vig thats not prblem he use dhis bullet that makes it easyer for cop
also tbh the max players we can lsoe in a cycle is 5 counting lynch 2 ma-.. wait only one of them can shoot rigght? welp i screwed up
the sak is aliged with himself so if wrre lukcy he can acidentlay kill scum
also i dont like nroboy townblocknig peole they will morelikely die faster
becuase whay shuould scum keep em alive? also what if milkyman converts an townblock?

!vote norboy

i hope he isnt a nurse

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#154 2020-06-03 15:52:09

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

peace wrote:

also i dont like nroboy townblocknig peole they will morelikely die faster
becuase whay shuould scum keep em alive?

Nice attitude, let's just all stay null and do **** so scum doesn't kill or recruit townreads. How are we supposed to accomplish anything when town is paralyzing itself?

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#155 2020-06-03 15:56:54

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

@crybaby
does the night result specify whether a person was killed by mafia or sk or vigi?

i8SwC8p.png

#156 2020-06-03 15:58:14

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

follow up question if multiple DANGEROUS people target the same victim, does it specify all factions involved or is there a specific precedence of kills

i8SwC8p.png

#157 2020-06-03 19:27:22

Gabriellfs
Website

!votecount

#158 2020-06-03 20:42:34

Pqwerty

Reads so far (subject to change when new info comes out) :

Task (town lean)
Reasons: #71 seems like a genuine criticism to my plan. Like I agree, maybe we should’ve claimed cop D2 or something. Everything in #150-151 comes off as town to me, even though I disagree with Shadow. It also helps that Task gave their reads even without being prompted to do so. So they’re being proactive.  #42 also calls out Peace’s OMGUS. I’m just getting some good vibes from Task.

NorwegianBoy (slight town lean)
Reasons: Even though they disagree with me, the concerns in posts like #59, #74, #76, and #104 seem to be genuine concerns with my plan, and not just some bs that scum would come up with to stall or something. They’re also pretty active and their posts have substance to them (they aren’t a bunch of filler). My only concern is their tunneling on Luka. Norboy started with a rand lynch on Luka in #32 as part of a wagon, and then accused Luka of being LAMIST in #79 (which is justified but he’s not the only person who decided to follow my plan), and the most recent accusation feels like a big misunderstanding. I think that Luka is trying to say that we don’t have enough information yet for a permanent townblock, and Norboy is trying to create a temporary townblock that is subject to change if their reads change.  It’s also a bit weird that they say in #138 that they’d be willing to lynch someone else, and then continue the attack in #146 after Luka votes for them in #139. I’m going to keep an eye out on Norboy, but currently I still lean more that they’re an aggressive townie rather than scum.

MrJawapa (slight scum read)
Reasons: They’ve been really quiet, and as Onjit said, all of Jawapa’s posts so far have “seemed like he was posting from a place of having more information”. There still doesn’t seem to be enough information to have a harder read on them.

Buzzerbee (slight scum read)
Reasons: I don’t care that they voted for me (maybe they didn’t like my question for them), and I understand he doesn’t like the plan for hypo (#122). But his post #48 really rubs me the wrong way. Like, why would you put a filler post and ask to get read on it? And then in #122, he avoids the question by saying that the posts leading to the questions “weren’t even that deep”. If the posts that I asked the questions to weren’t that deep, why is Onjit justifying his lynch based on one of them? And if it isn’t that deep, why doesn’t he answer the question / why would he post something so not “deep” in the first place? And yes, I get it that I’m being pushy about this, but these come across as suspicious to me and I’d like to see where they go ASAP.

!lynch BuzzerBee

#159 2020-06-03 21:22:26

Andymakeer

so do you guys think the Vigilante will use his ability N1?
also, if it does, who would it target?

btw, all of this discussion has reached no point at all

Pqwerty wrote:

Even though they disagree with me

lol, you say that you townreads him based on "genuine concerns", then you post a bunch of motives to not trust him https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

F

#160 2020-06-03 21:50:18

Pqwerty

Andymakeer wrote:

so do you guys think the Vigilante will use his ability N1?
also, if it does, who would it target?

Pqwerty wrote:

Even though they disagree with me

lol, you say that you townreads him based on "genuine concerns", then you post a bunch of motives to not trust him https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Those are just examples of Norboy tunneling Luka. I would tr Norboy more if they didn't tunnel Luka, because otherwise they seem pretty town for now.
Also, I doubt that the Vig will use their shot N1. We don't have enough info yet to justify a kill and there's too many players to have good odds with a randshot.

#161 2020-06-03 22:38:43

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

These lynching rules are pretty weird. From what i gathered, getting a majority to vote a player doesn't actually lynch them until the time limit runs out?

#162 2020-06-03 22:42:02

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

These lynching rules are pretty weird. From what i gathered, getting a majority to vote a player doesn't actually lynch them until the time limit runs out?

Is that not how nearly every game works?

Sorry for being quiet. Work is killing me. I'll post in a bit.

Discord: jawp#5123

#163 2020-06-03 22:48:47

ShadowsEdge

I dont have a full reads list so dont ask me for one

At the moment I think Norboy is townleaning. The plan to town block is god awful, and it does make me thing it has some scum motivation, but I don't think that alone is enough to push for Norwegian to be pushed yet. Because even though it benefits mostly scum, or at least from what I see, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are, inherently, scum. (I'll get back to this later). I think #74 is the post I like the most from him, I dont necessarily agree with the form , but I do agree with the content, that in this game we need to focus more on scumhunting rather than simply letting the cop find them for us. Because Not Dangerous people wont help us, since they can simply be converted and bring more havoc to us. And, as Pqwerty pointed out, Scum will typically end up killing confirmed people, just to make the game more chaotic. #154 is a post I somewhat like too. I feel like a majority of the players at the moment are trying to just follow what people are saying, rather than make their own reasons for why they find someone suspicious. Since at the moment, the only major contributors to conversation I see are Onjit, Pqwerty, Norboy, and Luka.

tl;dr I have gripes with Norboy's plan, as well, but most of those have already been stated. And I feel that the only really incriminating part of Norboy's iso is asking to townblock with people. It is a horrible strategy early game, but not necessarily incriminating.

@Gabriellfs, do you have anything to contribute to the conversation?

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#164 2020-06-03 22:50:39

ShadowsEdge

Also @Jawapa, no that's not how every game works. How most games work is that when a majority is reached day ends shortly after, and then is flipped. So say Day 1 lasted 40 hours and someone was voted up, the flip would probably come somewhere from there to 48 hours, depending on the host. In this game, if we end it at 40 with 72 hour days. The flip would come at 72 hours, regardless of when the majority is reached. So the amount of Day + Twilight will always be 72 hours.

~BeepnBoop

#165 2020-06-03 22:57:39

ShadowsEdge

ShadowsEdge wrote:

(I'll get back to this later)

Actually ignore this part, I had that when I was going to talk about how that relates to Pqwerty, but then the whole section became very repetitive of things I had already said, and things others have said, so I just scrapped it. But it was mostly just saying that at the moment I slightly-townread pqwerty, mostly because he did introduce the idea with the intention of it being used to help the town, even though there were flaws with it I don't think he realized.

~BeepnBoop

#166 2020-06-03 23:04:40

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I feel like a majority of the players at the moment are trying to just follow what people are saying, rather than make their own reasons for why they find someone suspicious.

Yeah that's one of the biggest challenges here, many of the players tend to be largely inactive "followers" until a single or multiple "leaders" emerges and they sheep their reads. The problem with this is that it makes scum hunting hard for most players. Because if a lot of town are just blindly following a 'town leader' gunning on another town player, it gives a big opening for the mafia to follow along the wagon without needing to justify their position because they can hide behind the person that pushed it.

Wooted by:

#167 2020-06-03 23:05:52

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

they can hide behind the person that pushed it.

Or any of the other town players sheeping the wagon.

#168 2020-06-03 23:10:34

Minimania
Moderation Team

TaskManager wrote:

@crybaby
does the night result specify whether a person was killed by mafia or sk or vigi?

It won't

TaskManager wrote:

follow up question if multiple DANGEROUS people target the same victim, does it specify all factions involved or is there a specific precedence of kills

Everyone targeted for a night action, regardless of what action it is, will have that action happen to them. The only exceptions are an SK targeted by a Mafia Member and any other role targeted for a kill but saved by the nurse. So, if Vigilante kills Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon kills Nurse, Nurse protects Cop, and SK targets cop, the Mafia Goon and Nurse die, while the Cop is saved.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

ShadowsEdge wrote:

In this game, if we end it at 40 with 72 hour days. The flip would come at 72 hours, regardless of when the majority is reached. So the amount of Day + Twilight will always be 72 hours.

The day ends when the time runs out, OR when a majority of players opt to end it manually with !endday.

The flip will not always come at exactly 72 hours; it will come when I'm online and realize someone died. You don't get an 'extended twilight'. I apologize for any confusion I might have given you with the rules.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (2)

#169 2020-06-03 23:12:25

Luka504

I concur, the particularly quiet people should voice their opinions on everything that has happened so far.

Gabriel in particular needs to say something for once, as his only two posts here are literally worthless in terms of getting a read off of him.

@Gabriel, whats your opinion on the argument norboy and i had earlier today?

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#170 2020-06-03 23:12:40

ShadowsEdge

Crybaby wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

ShadowsEdge wrote:

In this game, if we end it at 40 with 72 hour days. The flip would come at 72 hours, regardless of when the majority is reached. So the amount of Day + Twilight will always be 72 hours.

The day ends when the time runs out, OR when a majority of players opt to end it manually with !endday.

The flip will not always come at exactly 72 hours; it will come when I'm online and realize someone died. You don't get an 'extended twilight'. I apologize for any confusion I might have given you with the rules.

Ah, my bad

~BeepnBoop

#171 2020-06-03 23:17:29

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Luka504 wrote:

Gabriel in particular needs to say something for once, as his only two posts here are literally worthless in terms of getting a read off of him.

Almost forgot he was a player tbh.

Wooted by: (2)

#172 2020-06-03 23:17:30

Luka504

I also wanna note that for the next few days I am going to be busy with final examinations. They shouldn't take up too much of my time, so I should still be pretty active, but if i have periods of unavailability, that will likely be the reason as to why.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#173 2020-06-03 23:21:43

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

BuzzerBee wrote:
!vote Pqwerty

Massclaiming on these forums has always proven to go wrong and even with that aside, everyone claiming cop is pointless and will only confuse actual claims later on when we need them.

Also in this post Pqwerty why are you trying to interrogate people for posts that weren't even that deep. And less than six hours later say "Will you please respond to my questions?" like it's day 1 why are you trying to already push things so hard

Oh. This vote pings me. Pqwerty was doing townie effort, but you claim it's a bad idea and then vote them. Justifying it with something about "Pushing things too hard" just because they told someone to respond to their questions...? How are you seeing these actions as scummy?

#174 2020-06-03 23:24:00

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Luka504 wrote:

I also wanna note that for the next few days I am going to be busy with final examinations. They shouldn't take up too much of my time, so I should still be pretty active, but if i have periods of unavailability, that will likely be the reason as to why.

Ok, i don't want to keep my vote on someone that's busy with exams.

!Unvote

#175 2020-06-03 23:25:37

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Andymakeer wrote:

Just like your posts? I really don't see any substance at all from them. Yet you're complaining about what other people have been posting?

peace1594715618783363

Board footer