Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-05-28 20:58:51

skullz17

Re: The current state of EE?

I agree with Calicara. The game is just boring. Take your experience in EE (nowadays), and remove the forums from it. A lobby that is boring and bland for the most part greets you everyday. It might not be boring at first, but it will surely get old quick.

I think we should stay away from the idea of teaching/training new players about good worlds with some silly "Save EE" program, but rather inspire new players instead. And in order to that, we just need better worlds being released, and more often. They don't even have to be good, but at least have some sort of creativity, some sort of character and uniqueness to them.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (5)

#27 2015-05-28 21:07:16

Bobithan

The reason EE was so popular back in 2010-11 was that it wasn't so difficult to jump right into the game and be on the same playing field as everybody else.

The Energy Shop was a mistake and was short sighted. Sure, in the beginning it was fine, it wasn't so overwhelming and made the game some money, but it was essentially what ended up slowly killing the game, it is a tumor. As the shop got more and more bloated with new things to play with, players just finding EE were left in the dust compared to those that have stuck around since the shop's inception. It is a massive turnoff to those just starting to play. It's ridiculous how long it would take to just get one of every limited block pack, and even then you'd barely have anything to build a world with.

And that's the main problem. You need worlds to play EE, but since there aren't any new faces to really build creative worlds using all this new tech locked away in the shop, we don't see many new ideas popping up. Even those who've been playing since '11 are heavily limited by the shop. The shop is killing the potential creativity that Everybody Edits is all about.

tl;dr get rid of the shop

aka towwl

#28 2015-05-28 21:09:55

Anch

I don't really get the point of having to buy anything (with energy, and even real life money) since this is a sandbox game. Buying blocks only limits peoples' creativity. Maybe buying worlds can still be bought with energy and real life money but I don't think blocks should. Also blocks and smileys and stuff only trigger people to show them off and kick people saying 'ur not ninja smily pls get out'.

#29 2015-05-28 21:13:56, last edited by Calicara (2015-05-28 21:14:13)

Calicara

anch159 wrote:

I don't really get the point of having to buy anything (with energy, and even real life money) since this is a sandbox game. Buying blocks only limits peoples' creativity. Maybe buying worlds can still be bought with energy and real life money but I don't think blocks should. Also blocks and smileys and stuff only trigger people to show them off and kick people saying 'ur not ninja smily pls get out'.

I think the main purpose of the shop is so the game has an income. It's free to make an account. It's free to buy most items (provided you are patient enough to buy them all with energy.) And it's free to build worlds. There are also no ads.

Unless someone can come up with an alternative source of profit to gems/BC, then I don't see the shop going away anytime soon. And I know there used to be beta, but beta is a one time purchase. It does help, but not consistently.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#30 2015-05-28 21:50:18

BEE

Personally, what would cause me to leave again?

The current state of the community.

I feel like I've returned to a bunch of middle schoolers focused on petty things.

EE is a social game, and if I don't like who I am playing with, I fade into the background then forget to log in as I move on.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

Wooted by: (3)

#31 2015-05-28 22:09:13

Bimps

ewoke wrote:

not everyone here is biased as f*ck( dont  want to offend bimps here ).

thank mr

#32 2015-05-28 22:09:26

ewoke

kind of agree with BEE.
only reason i kept playing this ( with some breaks) are some people.

if you can read this....good for you

#33 2015-05-28 22:09:58

Nou

Pretty much all that has been mentioned in this thread will be addressed.

Also, don't forget, the amount of people online indicates people online AT THAT TIME.
In reality, there's about 4500 unique players daily (that includes some alts of course). It's really not as bad as you may think //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

No u.

#34 2015-05-28 23:35:28, last edited by Mylo (2015-05-28 23:45:02)

Mylo
Master Developer

I think the EE might be way to complex right now.
Remember Minecraft: At the time mostly everyone was playing it, it was damn simple. It had a few blocks, mobs,
redstone and that's it. If you look at it now, I guess it has quite a lot of stuff new players need to get used to.
I stopped playing because I got bored & there was just to much but no real innovations, which made the actual gameplay better.
Or Dwarf Fortress. It's a AWESOME game. But most of newbies quit after ~10 minutes, because they think it
looks bad / it's to complex.

Everybody Edits was once quite simple, too.

?

You need to see the things out of a new players perspective. I think the target age group is around 10yrs old.
Imagine a kid, 5th class, loading the website for the first time.

Please stop adding, instead make it joyful and fluffier. Happier. Simpler.

Wooted by: (3)

#35 2015-05-28 23:53:14

Hexagon

Mylo wrote:

Remember Minecraft[...]

Sorry to take your quote out of context, but Minecraft did do something right, considering Microsoft bought it. Maybe the same principals can be applied with EE.

#36 2015-05-29 00:03:33, last edited by Mylo (2015-05-29 00:05:51)

Mylo
Master Developer

Hexagon wrote:
Mylo wrote:

Remember Minecraft[...]

Sorry to take your quote out of context, but Minecraft did do something right, considering Microsoft bought it. Maybe the same principals can be applied with EE.

Yes, that was out of context. Also, only ~2% of the people I know were into the game play it anymore seriously. But that might be just me.
Also my point wasn't that Minecraft made everything wrong. It was comparing Minecraft at the best time to where it is now.

#37 2015-05-29 00:06:30

Abelysk

Bobithan wrote:

The reason EE was so popular back in 2010-11 was that it wasn't so difficult to jump right into the game and be on the same playing field as everybody else.

The Energy Shop was a mistake and was short sighted. Sure, in the beginning it was fine, it wasn't so overwhelming and made the game some money, but it was essentially what ended up slowly killing the game, it is a tumor. As the shop got more and more bloated with new things to play with, players just finding EE were left in the dust compared to those that have stuck around since the shop's inception. It is a massive turnoff to those just starting to play. It's ridiculous how long it would take to just get one of every limited block pack, and even then you'd barely have anything to build a world with.

And that's the main problem. You need worlds to play EE, but since there aren't any new faces to really build creative worlds using all this new tech locked away in the shop, we don't see many new ideas popping up. Even those who've been playing since '11 are heavily limited by the shop. The shop is killing the potential creativity that Everybody Edits is all about.

Omg this is so true

Wooted by: (2)

#38 2015-05-29 00:11:28

Hexagon

Sorry for taking it out of context; I manufactured a comparison against Minecraft and EE wherein the statement complexity is bad would apply to EE the same way it did to Minecraft, which is incorrect.

Mylo wrote:

Also, only ~2% of the people I know were into the game play it anymore seriously. But that might be just me.

Could you post the raw data for that/reference? I like statistics.

#39 2015-05-29 02:34:26

Master1

alkazam1448 wrote:

We also want toop to do 32x32 and ask player's opinions before releasing his new crappy graphics.

I would just like to point out that Toop made a forum topic about the smiley graphic changes a few weeks before the update even happened. He had some players opinions.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Wooted by: (2)

#40 2015-05-29 12:40:34

some woman

Bobithan wrote:

I personally think that is just crossing the line. If you want infinite of everything just get Builder's Club. And if even THAT'S a problem for the newbie, how about this: when they sign up, offer them the ability to get three-five free items from the shop without having to spend any energy whatsoever.

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#41 2015-05-29 13:21:15, last edited by Pyromaniac (2015-05-29 13:28:56)

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

BEE wrote:

Personally, what would cause me to leave again?

The current state of the community.

I feel like I've returned to a bunch of middle schoolers focused on petty things.

EE is a social game, and if I don't like who I am playing with, I fade into the background then forget to log in as I move on.

Yeah but the majority of EE isn't as old OR mature as you, so in this regard you're probably an outlier.  Most of this community (including the non forumers, since there are hundreds that play without using the forum) would probably be happy to play with middle schoolers because, ya know, they ARE middle schoolers.

But I do agree about the community changing. Its just different now. There are new people that weren't even playing in 2010-2011 that are 'pros', and even newer people that are regulars on the forums. Its not necessarily a bad thing, its just different and i think thats what people are picking up on.

#42 2015-05-29 13:59:12

Bobithan

some man wrote:

I personally think that is just crossing the line. If you want infinite of everything just get Builder's Club. And if even THAT'S a problem for the newbie, how about this: when they sign up, offer them the ability to get three-five free items from the shop without having to spend any energy whatsoever.

I do buy Builder's Club and don't regret the purchase at all, I like not being limited. But for a newbie, even getting every single limited block purchase free when signing up would barely give them enough to build a world. What can you do with 10 spikes? A single checkpoint? 5 portals? Not much.

aka towwl

#43 2015-05-29 14:19:44, last edited by Insanity (2015-05-29 14:19:55)

Insanity

I miss the pro bosses. They were the best.

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#44 2015-05-29 14:26:56

some woman

Bobithan wrote:
some man wrote:

I do buy Builder's Club and don't regret the purchase at all, I like not being limited. But for a newbie, even getting every single limited block purchase free when signing up would barely give them enough to build a world. What can you do with 10 spikes? A single checkpoint? 5 portals? Not much.

That's the fun of saving up. If you were just instantly given every item it would be not as satisfying as actually buying them and maybe even overwhelming for some new players.

#45 2015-05-29 14:57:53

Kira

some man wrote:
Bobithan wrote:
some man wrote:

That's the fun of saving up. If you were just instantly given every item it would be not as satisfying as actually buying them and maybe even overwhelming for some new players.

I disagree. it's not fun so save up. Imagine you want to do a level and you have to wait 2 weeks before getting a massive world (Yes think of the newbies with 200/200 energy.) Well I would be bored and I would leave the game. I didn't leave EE before because my only goal was to have fun and I didn't care much about worlds. Admins should literally change the description of their game, it's not a sandbox.

Wooted by:

#46 2015-05-29 17:56:57

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

@Mylo - The game is naturally going to get more complex as it gets older.  After all, the game was first made as a testing ground.  Things were added based on the player's wants/needs; as well as whatever benjaminsen wanted to test.

Discord: jawp#5123

#47 2015-05-29 18:22:11

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

I'm out of hands to help you, Jawapa. I tried sending an link to play EE on facebook and twitter, but it didn't work. What I should do?

I wanted to make the game more popular (more fun.)

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#48 2015-05-29 18:31:45

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

AntonioS300 wrote:

I'm out of hands to help you, Jawapa. I tried sending an link to play EE on facebook and twitter, but it didn't work. What I should do?

I wanted to make the game more popular (more fun.)

All you can do it try //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Discord: jawp#5123

#49 2015-05-29 18:37:17

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

I tried it on facebook but it didn't increase onlines players.

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#50 2015-05-29 18:51:03

some woman

Kiran wrote:
some man wrote:
Bobithan wrote:
some man wrote:

I disagree. it's not fun so save up. Imagine you want to do a level and you have to wait 2 weeks before getting a massive world (Yes think of the newbies with 200/200 energy.) Well I would be bored and I would leave the game. I didn't leave EE before because my only goal was to have fun and I didn't care much about worlds. Admins should literally change the description of their game, it's not a sandbox.

Well, fine then. Give them a massive world or two as well, but we have no need to absolutely get rid of the shop just because people have to wait a while.

khwamwiklcrit1433068059508701

Board footer