Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2015-04-12 13:40:45

Freckleface

Re: The story on how I found Everybody Edits

gkaby wrote:

My story: My brother found it somehow and I saw him playing it and I started to play it

Same as me. But I played as a guest for like half a year. So I have been playing for like 5 years

F

#52 2015-04-13 20:14:00

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Around the October or November of 2011, I was going through Kongregate and found a game called Everybody Edits. It looked kind of strange, so I skipped it and decided not to play it. I came back to play it, thankfully. I was still a guest, and decided to sign up with the username [realfirstname]100. I got banned for being underage on Kongregate. The person I told my age to tricked me into thinking I would be arrested until I became thirteen years old. I had a horrible feeling in my stomach that somebody would come to our house and arrest my parents. Of course, I got over that by now.

I signed up another account named "Number1KirbyFan" (Guest9667 in-game, that is not the whole number and would appreciate if somebody could tell me if they remember it). I was well-known there. I was often picked on by the more experienced players, and became good friends with some of the "nubs." When I meet this "nubs" again, it feels awkward, because I feel like I am above their level, now only a half-nub. I did nubbish stuff like write short fanfics, made crews that would last for a few weeks and was very gullible. Anybody could trick me into thinking anything.

But, I think what I enjoyed back then was my "baby-like" new experiences. I was like a baby growing up. I started out as young nub, and began learning things (though since I had no real "parents", I had to learn on my own and hear the half-reliable words from other players). I grew up to do more and more and learn from my past mistakes. Back then, that was just an early point in my in-game life, so to speak. I was abused and tricked because that is what trolls find the fun in, something I disagree with greatly. But I am not going to talk about trolls, but rather continue my story.

I made some enemies (I was not so peaceful back then). I will not say their names, but I will refer to one in particular as "That One Troll." That One Troll had a very strange relationship with me. We would flip back and forth between "enemies" and "friends." I forgot how it started, but what I did not know is that all of this was faked to play with a nub—one day, when I was invited to That One Troll's private chat, along with his friends (who were also faking it, too) . They had claimed that when you say your own password, it is censored in chat. Yes, I believed that. Soon enough, they got my password and access to my account.

Never did I know that one chat message would give me a great change in life. That One Troll, now with access to my account, started ruining my reputation (even worse than it already was). I made an alt account so I could play without interruption. He had very inappropriate behaviour, and chaos ensued. He tricked me into thinking some random user (besides himself) had my account. I forgot exactly what happened, but eventually he convinced me a few other people (one of which being a Kongregate administrator), but somehow, I managed to stay unbanned.

I tried very hard to get my account back. I had it for brief moments, but it was a very stressful day. I spent hours talking and trying to get to the root of the mystery and my account back, but even when I thought I were safe, he managed to keep it in his own hands. I had this "sick" feeling again I had when I was tricked into thinking my parents would be arrested. Eventually, he started acting worse and worse on my account until it was finally banned. The conflict had ended, and my account was owned by nobody. I had lost my in-game stuff, such as worlds and classic smileys (R.I.P. 1grinch1). I had forgotten my in-game username, so unfortunately, those memories were lost in the wind.

Days started flying by, as early 2012 had passed and created a new in-game account on the game's proper website. I was going to name myself "NUMBER1KIRBYFAN", but added the "1O" so that people would think of it as "10" and not be able to kick me. Little did I know about the tab autocomplete feature, which would let any non-nub player kick me. Anyway. I joined the official "fan" forum (how can something be "official" and "fan"?). I had a horrible reputation (probably even worse, thanks to the average sanity level being higher than the Kongregate community), which led to some disastrous things in the past. The cringe, I believe most of us remember it from our old days...

I met new people (and less nubbish players and even the occasional "pro" player), learned more and more as I adapted to the new community. Soon I was fitting like an empty puzzle piece in an otherwise filled puzzle (well, okay, I am an unusual person, so this may be sort of an exaggeration). Most of my problems I experienced started drifting away. I met again with That One Troll, and still seemed very rude at me, but I knew better than to fall for his tricks. I made new levels, and this would soon become another generation.

Or so I thought. One day, in 2014, there was somebody else by the username "NumberKirbyFanIO." They acted inappropriately and badly, somewhat similarly to That One Troll. The level was popular, so naturally, it gathered lots of attention. People started accusing that person of being me. I had this "sick" feeling for the third time in my life, like something horrible was going to happen. Atilla used their magic nerd skills to discover it was me (or at least, somebody with the same I.P. address). I, of course, denied it, but no matter even if my reputation had gotten reasonably decent, I was accused of it. People seemed to believe Atilla was right, likely due to their magic nerd skills, MagicHax™ and sounding smarter.

I had four people to believe it could be—myself (multiple personality disorder or something?), somebody in my family, That One Troll, or Atilla. I had trouble deciding between the last two. I think I came to the conclusion who it really was after thinking enough. Nobody listened, not even who I thought were my friends. Too bad. Atilla, with their mighty MagicHax™ skills, banned this person nonetheless, and the problem was solved. He threatened me that if I assumed it mifhr be him again, he would use evidence against it.

To this day, I believe I have learned a lot from these experiences, and looking back at these times, both good and bad, it feels like time is flying away so quickly. Not only me, but the community itself has changed quite a bit, and I have to keep trying to keep things going calm. I would appreciate to see these changes and see if I grow up to become a better player, or procrastinate just as much as I have the last year or two on making levels and an actual crew.

#53 2015-04-13 21:07:59

skullz17

N1KF, we asked for how you found Everybody Edits, not how you found it and what happened after you found it.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#54 2015-04-13 21:22:15

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Want to hear the entire story of my life along with the story of my future? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#55 2015-04-17 14:05:00

Travis7

my friend told me and thats it. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/6/67/013_ninja https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/a/ad/015_worker https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5b/024_fan_boy https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/6/67/030_bird https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/023_wizard https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/6/6e/045_pumpkin https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5a/017_superman https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/f/f6/014_santa some cool smileys

#56 2015-04-17 15:08:18

some woman

N1KF wrote:

Around the October or November of 2011, I was going through Kongregate and found a game called Everybody Edits. It looked kind of strange, so I skipped it and decided not to play it. I came back to play it, thankfully. I was still a guest, and decided to sign up with the username [realfirstname]100. I got banned for being underage on Kongregate. The person I told my age to tricked me into thinking I would be arrested until I became thirteen years old. I had a horrible feeling in my stomach that somebody would come to our house and arrest my parents. Of course, I got over that by now.

I signed up another account named "Number1KirbyFan" (Guest9667 in-game, that is not the whole number and would appreciate if somebody could tell me if they remember it). I was well-known there. I was often picked on by the more experienced players, and became good friends with some of the "nubs." When I meet this "nubs" again, it feels awkward, because I feel like I am above their level, now only a half-nub. I did nubbish stuff like write short fanfics, made crews that would last for a few weeks and was very gullible. Anybody could trick me into thinking anything.

But, I think what I enjoyed back then was my "baby-like" new experiences. I was like a baby growing up. I started out as young nub, and began learning things (though since I had no real "parents", I had to learn on my own and hear the half-reliable words from other players). I grew up to do more and more and learn from my past mistakes. Back then, that was just an early point in my in-game life, so to speak. I was abused and tricked because that is what trolls find the fun in, something I disagree with greatly. But I am not going to talk about trolls, but rather continue my story.

I made some enemies (I was not so peaceful back then). I will not say their names, but I will refer to one in particular as "That One Troll." That One Troll had a very strange relationship with me. We would flip back and forth between "enemies" and "friends." I forgot how it started, but what I did not know is that all of this was faked to play with a nub—one day, when I was invited to That One Troll's private chat, along with his friends (who were also faking it, too) . They had claimed that when you say your own password, it is censored in chat. Yes, I believed that. Soon enough, they got my password and access to my account.

Never did I know that one chat message would give me a great change in life. That One Troll, now with access to my account, started ruining my reputation (even worse than it already was). I made an alt account so I could play without interruption. He had very inappropriate behaviour, and chaos ensued. He tricked me into thinking some random user (besides himself) had my account. I forgot exactly what happened, but eventually he convinced me a few other people (one of which being a Kongregate administrator), but somehow, I managed to stay unbanned.

I tried very hard to get my account back. I had it for brief moments, but it was a very stressful day. I spent hours talking and trying to get to the root of the mystery and my account back, but even when I thought I were safe, he managed to keep it in his own hands. I had this "sick" feeling again I had when I was tricked into thinking my parents would be arrested. Eventually, he started acting worse and worse on my account until it was finally banned. The conflict had ended, and my account was owned by nobody. I had lost my in-game stuff, such as worlds and classic smileys (R.I.P. 1grinch1). I had forgotten my in-game username, so unfortunately, those memories were lost in the wind.

Days started flying by, as early 2012 had passed and created a new in-game account on the game's proper website. I was going to name myself "NUMBER1KIRBYFAN", but added the "1O" so that people would think of it as "10" and not be able to kick me. Little did I know about the tab autocomplete feature, which would let any non-nub player kick me. Anyway. I joined the official "fan" forum (how can something be "official" and "fan"?). I had a horrible reputation (probably even worse, thanks to the average sanity level being higher than the Kongregate community), which led to some disastrous things in the past. The cringe, I believe most of us remember it from our old days...

I met new people (and less nubbish players and even the occasional "pro" player), learned more and more as I adapted to the new community. Soon I was fitting like an empty puzzle piece in an otherwise filled puzzle (well, okay, I am an unusual person, so this may be sort of an exaggeration). Most of my problems I experienced started drifting away. I met again with That One Troll, and still seemed very rude at me, but I knew better than to fall for his tricks. I made new levels, and this would soon become another generation.

Or so I thought. One day, in 2014, there was somebody else by the username "NumberKirbyFanIO." They acted inappropriately and badly, somewhat similarly to That One Troll. The level was popular, so naturally, it gathered lots of attention. People started accusing that person of being me. I had this "sick" feeling for the third time in my life, like something horrible was going to happen. Atilla used their magic nerd skills to discover it was me (or at least, somebody with the same I.P. address). I, of course, denied it, but no matter even if my reputation had gotten reasonably decent, I was accused of it. People seemed to believe Atilla was right, likely due to their magic nerd skills, MagicHax™ and sounding smarter.

I had four people to believe it could be—myself (multiple personality disorder or something?), somebody in my family, That One Troll, or Atilla. I had trouble deciding between the last two. I think I came to the conclusion who it really was after thinking enough. Nobody listened, not even who I thought were my friends. Too bad. Atilla, with their mighty MagicHax™ skills, banned this person nonetheless, and the problem was solved. He threatened me that if I assumed it mifhr be him again, he would use evidence against it.

To this day, I believe I have learned a lot from these experiences, and looking back at these times, both good and bad, it feels like time is flying away so quickly. Not only me, but the community itself has changed quite a bit, and I have to keep trying to keep things going calm. I would appreciate to see these changes and see if I grow up to become a better player, or procrastinate just as much as I have the last year or two on making levels and an actual crew.

#awkwardchildhoodmoments

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#57 2015-04-17 16:53:07

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

This is my story:

My cousin introduced me to a website (like 8 years ago) called miniclip.com. It is a website for kids where they can play various games. I played a game called Adrenaline Rush or something like that which was brought my crazymonkeygames.com. After going and playing crazymonkeygames.com for a long time, I realized that the much easier hacked versions of the games were available on hackedarcadegames.com. There I found this game called Mardek. I loved the game's storyline (because I can't tell the original diffuculty because it was hacked xP). And then I found out that there were sequels to Mardek called Mardek II and Mardek III. In Mardek III, I found some login thing on the side. Mardek was from Kongregate, so it was Kong's login screen. The Kong symbol also appeared before the game, so I went to Kong. In Kong, I played a lot of games there. I played mostly Multiplayer(also, remember this is like 6 years ago). I didn't like shooting and violence games at that time. So I searched the lists of games and looked for a name less violent. Then I found this: Everybody Edits.
I liked the game on Kongregate. My user I made on Kong a long time ago is still there on EE. It's called "Haddock" if you wanna check it out. It's a noob account anyways. So, after some time playing the game, I was curious to see what happened when I clicked the loading screen (the one which shows the world and the Everybody Edits logo). I clicked it and so I got redirected to everybodyedits.com. Till then I thought that EE was only available on Kong, but the very thought that EE had its own website excited me (don't judge me, it was like 5 years back). So, I made an account on EE called "Alkazam1448". I loved Pokemon at that time but was confused with the spellings a lot. I seriously regret naming my account "alkazam" instead of "alakazam" now...

Anyways, that's how I found EE. Long story, eh?

#58 2015-04-19 16:41:49

theoldinese

My story: I was on Facebook and then I saw everybody edits. So I played it. LOL

theoldinese1429458109496464

Board footer