Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

DK Levels

Re: Sythe's Forum Member Judgeing

Warning DK is about to rant.

i thought it would be fun to judge people

Very off-putting and that sounds so rude...
Besides your 'forum member judging' is flawed. Basically, I read all the descriptions and all you are saying is you are judging on:
Post count, Reputation, Grammar and how they respond.
This isn't judging the forum member, it's judging their presentation as one. What it should really be about is How responsive you are, What you are like within the community, Do you help?, Do you relate to the topic?, Do you contribute towards things (e.g a project aka A level, room, whatever), Are you active within the game?, How do you behave within the community? There is so much more I could name... but you hopefully get the point.

"Reputation" is basically some number thing that apparently tells us what 'rank' a person is within a community, say for example you are active, you get into debates and get involved within a topic, like a good forumer does (IMO) and sadly a lot of people might disagree with your argument for something and therefore -rep you, it can't be removed because it's a valid -rep.
Also, if you look at my rep, or anyone elses rep for that matter, a lot of pluses are pointless, I got several for having a cute panda sig, then I got one for my 100th...   You yourself Sythe5665 have TONS of reps all due to the rep game. Are you seriously judging rep?

Also, why the **** judge grammar out of all things?? Sure it is annoying When People Type Like This or confuse 'Your' and 'You're' but seriously???
I admit, I have a huge habit of incorrect punctuation and grammar sometimes due to habits that I've had since a very young age, and it goes the same for a lot of people, it's all a part of presentation. It's the content and the actual point of the post that matters. (Obviously we want it to make sense and be readable, but judging grammar is a bit far ESPECIALLY since not a lot of people are English speakers for one and a lot are in their school years still.)

And last thing to complain about :

109-110: Technically, only Different55 can get this rank, and that's if he has a perfect/near perfect rep and gets 95+ rating on post rating and info represented, as well as no forum games/grammar mistakes. Basically, you'd have to be an extremely lucky Different55.

WHY THE *&&^%%(*&^%$$ HAVE A RANK NO ONE CAN PRACTICALLY GET?
It's basically like saying
"Oh by the way, I have a secret!"
- "What is it?"
"I can't say."
- " -.- "

Congratulate yourself now if you read through all of that! Have some cake ^^

#27 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Sythe5665 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Are you using the same spreadsheet as Jad?

if you mean the ranks? yes... pFhcd.png

No... I actually meant spreadsheet. Jad used a spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel) to calculate everyone's score.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#28 Before February 2015

Sythe5665

Different55 wrote:
Sythe5665 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

No... I actually meant spreadsheet. Jad used a spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel) to calculate everyone's score.

Oh... Well I'm pretty good at doing this kind of stuff in my head. I basically just read everybody's posts and figure out if they post rude comments or good comments and kind of stuff most of the time, and then I just try to figure out their reputation (like if they have a reputation for posting rude comments or grammar mistakes) then I give them a rank!

DK Levels wrote:

Besides your 'forum member judging' is flawed. Basically, I read all the descriptions and all you are saying is you are judging on:
This isn't judging the forum member, it's judging their presentation as one. What it should really be about is How responsive you are, What you are like within the community, Do you help?, Do you relate to the topic?, Do you contribute towards things (e.g a project aka A level, room, whatever), Are you active within the game?, How do you behave within the community? There is so much more I could name... but you hopefully get the point.

"Reputation" is basically some number thing that apparently tells us what 'rank' a person is within a community, say for example you are active, you get into debates and get involved within a topic, like a good forumer does (IMO) and sadly a lot of people might disagree with your argument for something and therefore -rep you, it can't be removed because it's a valid -rep.
Also, if you look at my rep, or anyone elses rep for that matter, a lot of pluses are pointless, I got several for having a cute panda sig, then I got one for my 100th...   You yourself Sythe5665 have TONS of reps all due to the rep game. Are you seriously judging rep?

Also, why the **** judge grammar out of all things?? Sure it is annoying When People Type Like This or confuse 'Your' and 'You're' but seriously???
I admit, I have a huge habit of incorrect punctuation and grammar sometimes due to habits that I've had since a very young age, and it goes the same for a lot of people, it's all a part of presentation. It's the content and the actual point of the post that matters. (Obviously we want it to make sense and be readable, but judging grammar is a bit far ESPECIALLY since not a lot of people are English speakers for one and a lot are in their school years still.)

109-110: Technically, only Different55 can get this rank, and that's if he has a perfect/near perfect rep and gets 95+ rating on post rating and info represented, as well as no forum games/grammar mistakes. Basically, you'd have to be an extremely lucky Different55.

- "What is it?"
"I can't say."
- " -.- "

I didn't make the ranks, talk to JadElClemends about that, and you are right about how I said that it might be fun to judge people, I guess I wasn't thinking strait pFhcd.png

Last edited by Sythe5665 (Jan 12 2012 6:02:47 pm)

#29 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Different55 wrote:
Sythe5665 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Nah, man. My spreadsheet downloads all have passwords on them, even though the final raking spreadsheets are fully operational and not locked... silly me.

I'm just gonna say that I approve of this topic, but not necessarily endorse it. I like that you'll be giving ratings to people that I perhaps didn't get to (and it was a long list), but I plan on re-starting when I get some free time.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#30 Before February 2015

Sythe5665

I just wanted people to be rated by another person also, btw do you want me to rate you? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#31 Before February 2015

xputnameherex

DK Levels wrote:

- "What is it?"
"I can't say."
- " -.- "

I was gonna say almost everything you said there (and a bit more), but then I was lazy. :/

#32 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

I like the outcome I got for the judging. I do flame sometimes, but it's usually not my intentions. Sometimes my anger issues gets a hold of me. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Thank you though. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#33 Before February 2015

Muffin

I can haz top of list? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#34 Before February 2015

Sythe5665

Muffin wrote:

I can haz top of list? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Uh... YEAH! pFhcd.png

#35 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

JadElClemens wrote:
Different55 wrote:
Sythe5665 wrote:

Nah, man. My spreadsheet downloads all have passwords on them, even though the final raking spreadsheets are fully operational and not locked... silly me.

Not password protected at all. I have a fully working copy in my downloads folder //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#36 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

can you rate me?

#37 Before February 2015

NikK

Sythe5665 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

He meant the excel spreadsheet you use to judge people.

#38 Before February 2015

F1redragon

Rate me!

#39 Before February 2015

Sythe5665

Oh my gosh the 1st thing all of you should be saying when you post here is rate me! It makes me confused!

Last edited by Sythe5665 (Jan 13 2012 8:47:35 am)

#40 Before February 2015

DK Levels

Sythe5665 wrote:

I didn't make the ranks, talk to JadElClemends about that, and you are right about how I said that it might be fun to judge people, I guess I wasn't thinking strait pFhcd.png

Yes but it is your thread, you didn't have to follow what JadElClemends did, you could have set up your own ranks of judging, which would make this one different to the other one, so people that previously got judged, could get judged again, but on (IMO) better criteria.

#41 Before February 2015

Sythe5665

DK Levels wrote:
Sythe5665 wrote:

Yes but it is your thread, you didn't have to follow what JadElClemends did, you could have set up your own ranks of judging, which would make this one different to the other one, so people that previously got judged, could get judged again, but on (IMO) better criteria.

I liked his ranks, plus, I wouldn't be able to make very good ones myself pFhcd.png but hey, don't waste your time arguing! Anyway, I'll change it so that it's POSSIBLE for someone else to get 108 or higher but highly unlikely. Someone other then diff will make it k?

#42 Before February 2015

ktostam450

Can you rate me, please?

#43 Before February 2015

Sythe5665

Yeah I'll rate you too!

#44 Before February 2015

DylanDaSkater

Rate Me? :3

#45 Before February 2015

Vulcan

I'll go

#46 Before February 2015

Master1

Can you rate me? :>

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#47 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?pid=295844#p295844
Please consider.

Also, seeing as you took the ratings/descriptions from my topic, I approve of this less. Nothing I can do, though.

Anyway, go to the link I provided and consider what I say there. It'd be best.
---

DK Levels wrote:

better criteria.

Please explain. I love criticism. I actually asked for it in my last topic. What's wrong with my ratings, what needs to be done differently?

Last edited by JadElClemens (Jan 14 2012 8:16:13 pm)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#48 Before February 2015

DK Levels

Sythe5665 wrote:
DK Levels wrote:
Sythe5665 wrote:

I liked his ranks, plus, I wouldn't be able to make very good ones myself pFhcd.png but hey, don't waste your time arguing! Anyway, I'll change it so that it's POSSIBLE for someone else to get 108 or higher but highly unlikely. Someone other then diff will make it k?

I wasn't arguing to start with, I was simply expressing my opinion on this, and replying to your posts just like you did to mine. Also, I kinda hardly visit this forum, so I'm hardly wasting my time... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
It wasn't about Different being right on top, it was about having a basically pointless rank...
My argument was simply saying that in my opinion you shouldn't judge 'Forum members' on the current criteria (Again, this is just my opinion, obviously people will either agree or disagree, and that's fine with me)

JadElClemens wrote:

Please explain. I love criticism. I actually asked for it in my last topic. What's wrong with my ratings, what needs to be done differently?

DK Levels earlier wrote:

#49 Before February 2015

TheGreenTroll

Do me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#50 Before February 2015

Kirby

scienceguyz wrote:

I only have a bad rep because I do backwards rep (-reps are good for me, +reps are bad for me.)

You made that signature after your bad reputation, you have bad reputation because people don't like annoying posts..

On topic: Can you judge me? pFhcd.png

Oh, and shouldn't this be in forum discussion since it doesn't really have anything to do with everybody edits?

Sythe5665 1423708242253190

Board footer