Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Haze123

Back In The Old Days

Remember back in the old days (2 years ago) There was a population of *thousands in EE?
Remember back in the old days there were alot of pro players and groups?
Remember back in the old days lots of awesome worlds were created/being created?
Remember back in the old days there was Beta? (Really sad about that)
Remember a year a go many have quit because of lack of updates?

Now there's not many people playing EE.
What happened? What went wrong?
What do you think?

Last edited by haze123 (Jul 14 2013 10:34:34 pm)

ulpdao4e94f.png I are back.

#2 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

Re: Back In The Old Days

EE has never had a million players...

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#3 Before February 2015

skullz17

BuzzerBee wrote:

This, and plus the "awesome worlds that were built/created". I don't think the lobby has changed a significant amount in terms of good levels and bad levels. It's mostly just "stairs 2 code" and "200 Rainbow Minigames" have now become "Magic coinz" and "Zombiez"

The thing is, zombie worlds are actually fun and not bad at all, and much better than stairs or unoriginal minigames that used to show up, so in some sense the lobby is a bit better. Of course I understand that we still get stairs, box minigames and all the rest of it, but at least now it's not completely filled with the stuff, we also get other stuff as well.

I do remember a time period where there were a lot of good levels suddenly coming out, and then after some Shoe updates it stopped. However, it was no better before that time period; it's not like it was always that good. I think that was either a coincidence or a lot of people got inspiration from a major level at the time, and once all the aspiring levels were made the hype died out.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#4 Before February 2015

Sensei1

People left EE because there isn't so many stair levels these days. Everyone likes to climb all the way up, then fall, because someone pressed the key.
As skullz said, now there are zombies and magic coin levels more. People start to forget about the awesome stair levels. So sad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Off topic: Today's Chihu's Bday :O

#5 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

The game is good if the community is good.
The community is good if the game is good.
It is all confusion and chaos because of this.

#6 Before February 2015

imgood9

I remember the day when God Mode was released and everyone thought it was a hack.

#7 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

Meh, games change. We lost a few gained a few, shame to see some go but glad to make friends with the relatively new players and mods. The game itself has improved greatly and that has only been seen by the players who have been around for a while and I guess they do not believe it's worth their time.

All I know is that I will be around until at least January 2014 :3

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#8 Before February 2015

Calicara

Remember back in the old days we didn't have portals...
Remember back in the old days we didn't have hazards or checkpoints...
Remember back in the old days we didn't have chat or chat commands...
Remember back in the old days we couldn't kick trolls... err... maybe this last one was better in the old days but still...

I like EE better nowadays. There are good players out there you just have to find them //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#9 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Thy Cowman wrote:

<snip>

The game is good if the community is good, but the community is good if the game is good.
Classic players leave if the classic game leaves, but the classic game will leave if the classic players leave.
MrShoe's updates cause the classic game to change, giving much havoc and chaos.

#10 Before February 2015

Cyral

BuzzerBee wrote:

I think the playerbase is around 100,000 registered accounts (Well that was 2 years ago anyways, so its way more now)

But the active playerbase is much smaller

And the good player base is much smaller

And the people who build good levels that are in the lobby are gone

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#11 Before February 2015

Haze123

BuzzerBee wrote:

Well ill edit that...

#12 Before February 2015

tak4n

Yet another topic reminding me of EX crew boss... that's when the downfall really started I believe. Many would agree with me when I say that MFL, MIHB and Mustang were the whole meaning of EE, inspiring others to create innovative challenges with new concepts. It was never about the mods and the coming of MrShoe that killed EE in my opinion even though that contributed to it. The death of EX crew boss was pretty much caused by the change of physics in EE. I remember the time... the great time, the time cow is talking about which was so fun making EE my #1 game. The peak of my abilities was reached slightly after EX crew boss died and it had only gotten worse since. I played cow's boss not that long ago and I viewed my skill and how much I started to suck lately because I cannot play against better players and become better. And when I look back, it is sad to see how much my skill had dropped and I remember the times when I won EX crew boss for my first time, and tied for 4th with 222hockey222 with thwinkt, spiderman and daniel only just surpassing us in minis.

It's just sad that EE is dying. I remember the time when I used to get joy out of playing EE and I'd play for hours every day. 31st Jan 2012 this date was the date I declared myself as a "good" player getting close to becoming a pro with winning Zacoist's snake boss without much trouble. And lately I don't feel anywhere near as good as I felt on that day.

Also another reason I -rep HFnetwork. Because I will never support the noob levels that deserve to get trolled.

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

#13 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

I remember when Beta was called "The Everybody Edits Beta/PRO Program".

#14 Before February 2015

Cola1

I remember when massive minigame levels were actually fun and placing blocks on people would kick them.

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#15 Before February 2015

Haze123

Actually placing blocks on people wouldnt kick them instantly (I think) If they moved alot in the block they would be kicked

#16 Before February 2015

skullz17

tak4n wrote:

Yet another topic reminding me of EX crew boss... that's when the downfall really started I believe. Many would agree with me when I say that MFL, MIHB and Mustang were the whole meaning of EE, inspiring others to create innovative challenges with new concepts.

"A man can die, but an idea lives forever."

Same with a boss, why should the inspiration stop as soon as the boss is gone? No one is probably directly inspired by EX Crew and making levels using that inspiration, but think about all the people who were inspired and sought to become like EX Crew, and all those who were inspired by the people who went to complete their objective, and all those who were inspired by them, and those who were inspired by them, and those who were inspired by them making levels to inspire us today.

Inspiration so big and widespread never really dies.
Everybody Edits is a creative sandbox game, and the enjoyment relies on your imagination and creativity. So in some sense, you could say it's up to the players how fun the game is. People shouldn't really be complaining about how bad the game is, the "golden times" or "the old days".
We. Are. Players

We're the ones with the power to make this game exciting.
So if it's so important to you, do your part. MFL, MIHB and Mustang apparently did it without the rest of the community. So why can't any of us?

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#17 Before February 2015

Haze123

tak4n wrote:

Yet another topic reminding me of EX crew boss... that's when the downfall really started I believe. Many would agree with me when I say that MFL, MIHB and Mustang were the whole meaning of EE, inspiring others to create innovative challenges with new concepts.

I agree. EX crew's boss was really fun and challenging because there was so many people and rather hard levels.
Cyph1e[Bot] was amazing.

#18 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

Well... EE is indeed dying. Basic, repetitive levels, "terrible" updates (as some of you pointed out)...

Much of the magic of the past dissapeared. But every game has its ups and downs. What goes up has got to fall (LP reference ftw).

@tak4n - If you want to "force" noobs out of EE... fine. Do it. Don't cry to me later if the game becomes abandoned as a result.

#19 Before February 2015

ultrasuperdude

If I could rewind EE by 2 years, heck 3 years, I can't say I wouldn't hesitate to do so. EE was just so fun back then with limited materials. Better material comes out of limited resources and when we have many blocks we seem to bring out worse of the builders.

#20 Before February 2015

Vyvo

Some of them 'pro's' got tired, burned out, lost the touch of making things.
Some of them 'pro's' left, others are still there, hiding, chatting or got lazy.
Some of them 'pro's' are still working and trying to submit nice levels.
The 'pro's' who are still working have troubles because the playerbase has changed.

I myself saw a difference of what people call hard / easy through the time.
Way back people didn't mind to do harder mini's. Lately they call the former 'easy' -> hard...

It is frustrating when you want to make challenging mini's when people give up so fast.
Creators who try to make the levels easier have a difficulty to manage that.
I myself often happen to do: "oh, this seems to be a bit too easy, right? Or isn't it?"

I see no fun anymore in making overly easy mini's. Challenging mini's are fun! Or is it only me I wonder... :C
I gotta admit I never made very good mini's but I tried at last. Right now I'm not into creating anything anymore...
Nowadays I only chat, get bored, magic coins. I keep wondering about the playerbase...

* Thing to note, I don't call myself a 'pro', but I'm from the (good) old times

Last edited by Vyvo (Jul 21 2013 6:30:44 am)

#21 Before February 2015

Maskestrio

skull16, I agree. Good players are the ones who produce fun levels, making the game fun. However, with most of the pros gone, everyone thinks the game has gone bad and there can never be a replacement. There could be, but everyone is too negative. I am not saying that anyone can make the best levels ever if they are positive enough, but those still playing who make fun levels are still negative.

Those who make good levels can make a big difference if they are inspired enough.

#22 Before February 2015

ShinyPorygon5

Remember back in the old days when people didn't keep complaining about EE today?

Remember back in the old days when people would accept the game for what it truly was?

Remember back in the old days when users never made references to the past?

#23 Before February 2015

Krock

Remember back in the old days when you couldn't save your level when EE updated?
Remember back in the old days when you couldn't jump easy like this:

========  ==== ===  ========

Remember back in the old days when you needed to refresh page to refresh online rooms?
Remember back in the old days when you needed to wait until shop refreshed after you got something?
Remember back in the old days when you had no chat and needed IRC to discuss things?
Remember back in the old days when you only had 9*6 possible worlds to play?

Hmm some updates weren't bad...

Haze123142393409527337

Board footer