Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-18 17:24:54

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Savepoint

The savepoint will basically be used to save a players progress in a world. The savepoint will be black instead of white and upon touching it, it will turn dark green to show it has been activated (these colours are used to make sure it is visibly different from the normal checkpoint).

When connecting to a world, if you were in the world previously and had activated a savepoint you will spawn at the location of the savepoint with all the coins you collected, the amount of deaths you had, the team colour you were on, all purple switches you had activated and any effects you had at the time of when you touched the savepoint. This means that when joining the world again it would have been like you had never left.

If, after touching a save point, any of the saved factors change (eg: coins, switches, team colour, etc.), the savepoint will turn red and you will have to touch it again in order to save the new factors. If you disconnect from the world without touching it again, when you come back you will only have everything you had when you did touch it. This means that any coins you collected or switches activated etc. in the time after you touched the savepoint will be gone and you will have to recollect / activate them like usual. If you have activated a savepoint but you touch another one in a different location your new world spawn point will be from the most recent one you touched (with your factors updated). To clarify, if you die, you do not respawn from the savepoint; you will still respawn from checkpoints. The only time you will spawn at a savepoint is when reconnecting to the world.

If you have touched a savepoint but, for example, a coin was deleted, you will not join the world with that coin because it has been deleted. Similarly, if the savepoint you touched gets deleted you will lose ALL the progress you had and you will connect to the world like normal.

Other ways to delete the progress saved by a savepoint include:

Pressing y on a reset block.
If the world owner types /resetall, then everyone's progress, even if not on the world, will get reset and all players will join the world normally.
If the world owner type /reset [yourname], then again your progress will be reset regardless of if you are on the world.
A new permission should be added to world options that say "allow progress deletion" which is on my default. If on, every player can click on options and above game settings there will be a new button called "reset progress". If you click on this it will first ask you to confirm and if you click yes then your current savepoint will be deactivated. This means that if you rejoin the world again you will have no progress.

This item would be only place able by the owner of the world and will probably be expensive for energy cost.

TLDR: This idea is basically what happens if you rejoin a campaign world within 15 minutes except it is permanent and from a specific 'point' that acts like a checkpoint except for world progress for any world.

If there is anything I missed or you have any feedback please comment saying so.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#2 2017-04-18 17:46:11

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: Savepoint

Relevant:
http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=34971
http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=32163

All these duplicates are making me want to create a "list of suggestions" topic more and more.

Wooted by:

#3 2017-04-18 18:20:17

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

N1KF wrote:

Relevant:
http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=34971
http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=32163

All these duplicates are making me want to create a "list of suggestions" topic more and more.

I knew that there was probably going to be other threads suggesting the same thing but I couldn't be bothered to look back for them. How do you find them so quickly, do you have your own list or something? Also I do agree that a list is needed; possibly with the ability to up vote ideas that the community are more interested in.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#4 2017-04-18 18:38:38

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Devlin wrote:

I knew that there was probably going to be other threads suggesting the same thing but I couldn't be bothered to look back for them. How do you find them so quickly, do you have your own list or something?

I just remembered seeing iPwner's topic a long time ago, and stumbled upon that other topic when I was searching for it.

Also I do agree that a list is needed; possibly with the ability to up vote ideas that the community are more interested in.

We originally had a Trello board for that exact purpose, but it went downhill when people started abusing it and Muftwin made it so that only a select few could add new cards.

Wooted by:
N1KF1492537118655337

Board footer