Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-03 21:32:42

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Allow placing two things on the same block

but if you do, you can't use background on that block.

for example, you could place both a coin/death door and gate on the same block.
or you can put a switch door and switch, or a key door and a key.
gravity arrows/water/swamp/etc on something else.
two gravity/boost arrows on the same block, pushing you diagonally.
two portals on the same block.

two opposing gravity arrows (dots can't be used with another gravity arrow at all, slow dots will though and will slow your fall)/boosts will act as down gravity
water/swamp/lava can be stacked to slow you down farther, and/or increase push effect. (water+lava acts like water+swamp)
the above items with a gravity arrow will make it so that it pushes you in a direction depending on the arrow direction.
Two portals that lead to a different ID will lead you randomly to one of the IDs. (either 50/50 or it just adds all portals from both IDs to the random pool)

For graphics, the person placing the block could choose which item appears on front, then the other one appears behind. Perhaps the top item could be set to have some transparency.

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:

#2 2016-02-03 21:34:00

Anch

Re: Allow placing two things on the same block

12345678908642 wrote:

two opposing gravity arrows (dots can't be used with another gravity arrow at all, slow dots will though and will slow your fall)/boosts will act as down gravity
water/swamp/lava can be stacked to slow you down farther, and/or increase push effect. (water+lava acts like water+swamp)
the above items with a gravity arrow will make it so that it pushes you in a direction depending on the arrow direction.
Two portals that lead to a different ID will lead you randomly to one of the IDs. (either 50/50 or it just adds all portals from both IDs to the random pool)

For graphics, the person placing the block could choose which item appears on front, then the other one appears behind. Perhaps the top item could be set to have some transparency.

Most blocks are on the same layer so I don't think this would work well.

#3 2016-02-03 21:36:31

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

anch159 wrote:
12345678908642 wrote:

Most blocks are on the same layer so I don't think this would work well.

I already knew that.
And I know it wouldn't work too well, I just wanted to throw out my idea.

suddenly random sig change

#4 2016-02-03 21:53:12

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

i doubt this is even possible to implement if you try to put 2 objects of the same layer on one spot

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#5 2016-02-03 21:53:56

zioxei

user.php?id=zioxei
user.php?id=thanksmom
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#6 2016-02-03 22:15:38, last edited by Thanel (2016-02-03 22:19:13)

Thanel

We already answered somewhere that new layers won't be added because of database limits.

Edit: ops this should be answer to zioxei's post.

I see that your idea is different because it would use background but I think it would just add more complexity to the game and wouldn't make any sense in most cases.

Wooted by:

#7 2016-02-03 23:18:49

hummerz5

^ then let's make layer 2! It'd really be useful with the gates and blocks that only go down, but maybe you want to go up?

but really, what did you fix with the database ? Apparently it's fixed to handle 300x300 but not well enough for this? O.o

Wooted by:

#8 2016-02-04 00:05:46

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

hummerz5 wrote:

^ then let's make layer 2!

Thanel wrote:

We already answered somewhere that new layers won't be added because of database limits.

._.
im probably wrong but i think the world saving works like this:
a table of data for every layer (we have 2: background and foreground) that holds an ID of an item for every cell/block/coordinate (whatever u like to call it) in the world
adding a 3rd layer would require a 3rd table of data which would increase database usage by 50%

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#9 2016-02-04 00:15:42

Koya
Fabulous Member

Thanel wrote:

Edit: ops this should be answer to zioxei's post.

I see that your idea is different because it would use background but I think it would just add more complexity to the game and wouldn't make any sense in most cases.

Or an ID such as 260001 (00260001 : 26 & 1) which would mean red gate and left arrow - it would still increase the database size but same principle, new id's for mixed blocks rather than new layers: good luck finding and managing the ideal solution.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#10 2016-02-04 08:38:43

Thanel

I personally don't see any potential in adding another layer. Only exception would be making it so decorations or doors/gates have different default gravity. But this could be solved in another cleaner way as another layer is too expensive. The task is to find that better way.

Koya: that's interesting idea but still not something I would want.
I might have idea right now... Will have to experiment with it.

#11 2016-02-04 15:37:18

zioxei

Thanel wrote:

I personally don't see any potential in adding another layer. Only exception would be making it so decorations or doors/gates have different default gravity. But this could be solved in another cleaner way as another layer is too expensive. The task is to find that better way.

Or just allow decorations to overlap other decorations... to infinity? Is there a way to make a limit for it without making the 2nd layer? o.o

user.php?id=zioxei
user.php?id=thanksmom
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#12 2016-02-04 16:38:36

Koya
Fabulous Member

zioxei wrote:
Thanel wrote:

Or just allow decorations to overlap other decorations... to infinity? Is there a way to make a limit for it without making the 2nd layer? o.o

Variables the same way coindoors, portals, switches and rotatable blocks could be used to supply another block ID.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Koya1454600316580326

Board footer