Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-25 08:33:36, last edited by 5upertrinity (2015-03-25 08:35:53)

5upertrinity

Why this game has a small community

I put this under General Discussion because it's more about EE than improving it.

People usually wonder about why the game has such a small community, well here's the answer.

We all get addicted to games, and we eventually stop playing.
This game has not gotten worse (as I've heard from friends and seen myself), it's actually gotten better.
This game does not need updates to grow it's community, you're only updating it to keep these current players addicted.
You don't need to improve the game right now, you need to focus on advertising.

This is what EE needs, this is what the owner needs to realise.
The owner obviously don't work full time on updating EE, but if this game was big enough, with thousands of players
playing it at a time, he would probably be more provoked to update it more often.
Please, advertise the game. That goes to the community as well.

Send it to websites that share games, hold a contest that makes people share the game. The person with the most
referrals, wins a smiley. And so on. And to the creator, even if it costs you a bit of money, try to advertise it, it will be worth it
in the long run!

Just focus on advertising this game so the community grows, then it's the updates that count.

Also, this is what I think needs to be improved:
The main hub. It's so MESSY!
It honestly confused the hell out of me and my friends.
Here are the catogories of levels you can make:
-Campaign (levels chosen by the owner - Hold contests, ect)
-Woots
-Todays Best (Todays top levels with the most woots given on this day)
-Other (click on this to open 3 more)
  *Open
  *Most popular
  *Random (10 random levels per day)

For the main screen, please make it simple and minimalistic, it's really messy.
For example, put:
-Play
-Shop
-Share (get prizes)
-News

Put a nice background, and let creativity do the rest, it's up to the owner.
This game is really hard to play with such a small community, it's such a great game!

Thanks, 5uperTrinity

● Minecraft Username ► 5uperTrinity
● EE Username ► Zaught

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2015-03-25 08:57:38

Minimania
Moderation Team

Re: Why this game has a small community

I knew you from JV, not Minecraft //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

On topic: It's not that the game confuses the **** out of people, but rather that nobody shows them around or how to do things or what to do. The people of EE are like cliques are in real life; selective to only their group, and anybody who doesn't have any more than 30 smileys is a noob and should be shunned.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (4)

#3 2015-03-25 09:00:58

5upertrinity

minimania wrote:

I knew you from JV, not Minecraft //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

On topic: It's not that the game confuses the **** out of people, but rather that nobody shows them around or how to do things or what to do. The people of EE are like cliques are in real life; selective to only their group, and anybody who doesn't have any more than 30 smileys is a noob and should be shunned.

It's also because the main screen is just very unattractive, new players want the first look of the game to be attractive.
This game also needs a new trailer, which can easily be made by anyone - Perhaps the creator can make a contest.
And I kind of disagree, I never really noticed that. I have no problem with the EE community, it's a great little community that
just needs to be enlarged.

● EE Username ► Zaught

#4 2015-03-25 09:17:54

Minimania
Moderation Team

5upertrinity wrote:
minimania wrote:

It's also because the main screen is just very unattractive, new players want the first look of the game to be attractive.
This game also needs a new trailer, which can easily be made by anyone - Perhaps the creator can make a contest.
And I kind of disagree, I never really noticed that. I have no problem with the EE community, it's a great little community that
just needs to be enlarged.

That's odd. I can't go 2 worlds without there being a selective cool group of people who run them.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#5 2015-03-25 10:15:57

DarkDragon4900

I would have to agree with the fact that advertising is greatly needed.
And indeed, there are quite a few worlds with 'selective' groups of players including those named "Friends only" / "Friends get edit", However, The rest are awesome especially
the majority of the veterans.

#6 2015-03-25 11:43:59, last edited by rgl32 (2015-03-25 11:44:33)

rgl32

I am also in agreement that there needs to be some focusing on advertising.
     However, I don't think the main hub is not really confusing at all, maybe due for some updating, but it's honestly kinda easy to navigate around.
     The campaign tab is exactly what the featured tab is. It only feels empty because the worlds don't get open that often, but Master1 made a post right here, this would be an amazing addition and deserves a tab, regardless if you get gems for completing them, and I really hope they still plan on making that.
     I don't want to say much about the todays best, but making woots worth something might not be the best idea, it could easily be abused, and I don't want to see the already useless begging turn into even more begging, but again, people might surprise me and only beg as much as they do now, so I don't want to accuse people of doing that just yet.
     And for the random levels, you mean levels not generally 'open' as in no one in there, right? That could be a pretty cool idea.

#7 2015-03-25 11:56:30

goeyfun

Agree with ur observation, but do EE have the $$ to do such advertising?
Then probably the owner needs to carry out some growth hack strategies. Asking us to share this game? No way, this isn't lord of legends, who cares you play such a "kid" game.

strategies such as these will works
==========================
refer friends to play in return for rewards
connect to a facebook account in return for rewards
connect to a twitter account in return for rewards
allow Everybody Edits to be embedded into more gaming platforms
weekly game challenge (a route consists of a number of tailor-made worlds for players to race in return for rewards if they win)
Add features to the game that interacts with the social platform
blablabla.. etc...

Ug3JzgO.png

#8 2015-03-25 12:03:44

BEE

I like the small community.

But if I were to point out anything that also contributes to the problem is the lack of fun but easy levels.

A new player comes and is thrown into a community based around challenges, with no "get used to the controls of the game" stairs levels in sight.

You aren't going to get chat if you don't like the game, and you won't like the game if its too hard for you to play it. (Or rather, that's what most people would do. I guess I'm unusual in that regard haha)

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

Wooted by: (4)

#9 2015-03-25 12:14:11, last edited by Pyromaniac (2015-03-25 12:17:02)

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Bee wrote:

But if I were to point out anything that also contributes to the problem is the lack of fun but easy levels.

A new player comes and is thrown into a community based around challenges, with no "get used to the controls of the game" stairs levels in sight.

You aren't going to get chat if you don't like the game, and you won't like the game if its too hard for you to play it. (Or rather, that's what most people would do. I guess I'm unusual in that regard haha)

Thank you so much for saying this. Everyone is so focused on making the hardest level possible that, like you said, there is no place for just having a good ol' time. You have to either bash your fingers on a keyboard hoping to beat unnecessarily difficult minis, or go to a get code for free level. Shift is fun, but the same two people always win so.

Also, I've noticed that people are really really rude to new players. They literally torment them for not knowing that its taboo to ask for code. Why would anyone want to join a game with such mean and jaded people? I've gone around on an alt account and tried to start conversations with the 'pros' and they ignore me, big surprise //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue.  I'm not whining because I got my feelings hurt, loll, its just irking to see new players get ridiculed by the established bourgeoisie  of this game. You guys treat this game like real life, so act like you would in real life too. Get down off your high horse and say hi to the damn person. The elitism in this game is ridiculous.

/rant

#10 2015-03-25 12:22:30, last edited by rgl32 (2015-03-25 12:23:23)

rgl32

pyromaniac wrote:

Shift is fun, but the same two people always win so.

I'm sorry, but cow cannot get too much of a lead, even though he already has a 300 win lead...

pyromaniac wrote:

Also, I've noticed that people are really really rude to new players

I have noticed this also and I find it horrible, the least people could do is not say how bad they are and just let them learn the game, it's no fun when people try hard to impress others by degrading those not as good, it ruins the whole atmosphere of the level sometimes.

Bee wrote:

You aren't going to get chat if you don't like the game

As far as I know, chat is free now, unless they changed it recently again.

#11 2015-03-25 12:34:25

Kyle97

People think its funny to make fun of new players and make them "pay there dues". Its terrible. Most of those "noobs" are much better people then anyone here, including me. If people would take 2 minutes to help build with new players or give them tips(without telling them they suck) EE would grow and be a much nicer community.

Wooted by:

#12 2015-03-25 13:28:26, last edited by 5upertrinity (2015-03-25 13:29:46)

5upertrinity

Bee wrote:

Understandable, but this is why I said that they should add a campaign (the owners will select the levels).
For example, Happy Wheels. The campaign levels aren't hard, they are quite easy and fun.
If there were a campaign, the levels chosen should be easy enough to teach the new players how to play and get better.
If you're going to point out something wrong with the game/community, try to suggest something to change it (an idea) for the better.
But I do agree with what you said.

● EE Username ► Zaught

Wooted by:

#13 2015-03-25 13:31:10

RavaTroll

Note that when I and Toop/Master1 made the new tutorials, the aim was to showcase what could be done using ee artwise while introducing basic concepts to player. While I did not create the pathing of the first tutorial and just drawed nice stuff around what toop made, I definitly designed the second one to be as attractive as possible to new players.

So I can guarantee the devs are trying to get more players, if you were wondering. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

#14 2015-03-25 13:37:44, last edited by 5upertrinity (2015-03-25 13:39:45)

5upertrinity

RavaTroll wrote:

Note that when I and Toop/Master1 made the new tutorials, the aim was to showcase what could be done using ee artwise while introducing basic concepts to player. While I did not create the pathing of the first tutorial and just drawed nice stuff around what toop made, I definitly designed the second one to be as attractive as possible to new players.

So I can guarantee the devs are trying to get more players, if you were wondering. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I posted EE on Reddit and found it extremely hard to get noticed. If a post advertising EE was noticed and put into the 'hot' category even once, this game would blow up in popularity.
It's about luck, I can tell you that. But what's inside the game isn't what matters right now, nothing is wrong with this game, it's a fun and addicting little game.
What needs to be done, is the community + devs to advertise it.

● EE Username ► Zaught

#15 2015-03-25 14:30:28

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

We will release some ads, get stuff rolling a bit more.  Release a promo video.  Ehhh not sure what else

Discord: jawp#5123

#16 2015-03-25 14:31:17

Abelysk

Is EE being advertised on Facebook?

#17 2015-03-25 15:02:30

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I don't think so, because I keep forgetting we have a fb page

#18 2015-03-25 15:06:17

Abelysk

FB works as one of the best, if not, THE best advertising page out there. I know people who earn money for a living by advertising FB pages and they get a ton of likes/followers. You should try it.

Wooted by:

#19 2015-03-25 15:14:22

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Kyle97 wrote:

People think its funny to make fun of new players and make them "pay there dues". Its terrible. Most of those "noobs" are much better people then anyone here, including me. If people would take 2 minutes to help build with new players or give them tips(without telling them they suck) EE would grow and be a much nicer community.

Yeah. And the general attitude that "I'm not going to talk/respond to someone because they are newer to the game" is ridiculous. The air of superiority is what makes me roll my eyes and sigh the most.

Wooted by:

#20 2015-03-25 15:15:43

Kyle97

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

FB works as one of the best, if not, THE best advertising page out there. I know people who earn money for a living by advertising FB pages and they get a ton of likes/followers. You should try it.

And the fact that the fb and youtube webpages are mostly blank make EE look completely dead.

#21 2015-03-25 15:36:08

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Yeah, well get some content up on yt soon.

I'll talk to NVD about advertising ee on Facebook, and a few other places.

#22 2015-03-25 19:12:01

skullz17

The sad thing about the superiority thing, is that it's existed for so long it's hard to get rid of. It's the way people talk about 'noob levels'. Saying x is a boring level is fine, but saying anything similar to x is for noobs creates that divide.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (2)

#23 2015-03-25 21:07:36

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

I think EE has a pretty steep learning curve. There's SO many blocks you don't have when you first join, there's either levels you can't really play or really hard levels, along with the whole superiority thing. I'd say that pretty much all the new players have somehow randomly found it because I doubt very many people are telling their friends to play it and we have legitimately no advertising.

I mean, we have a pretty small community that are surprisingly vitriolic, and it's easy to tell why people wouldn't stay. Maybe we could have something where if someone creates a new account or whatever, there'll be something that pops up on the lobby showing you things? Like, "here's energy, here's your world tab, blah blah blah" and have something similar on the home world. Hmm.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:

#24 2015-03-25 21:21:36, last edited by madiik (2015-03-25 21:22:08)

madiik

The lack of fun and actually easy levels is just bad.

Also, there should be some sort of a feature to RETRIEVE all energy on spent items, so I could just pick some variety of blocks more carefully, last time when I was in EE, like 2-3 years ago, I put my energy on random smileys (i really regret it now, because none of the smileys actually reached their max energy needed https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/4/42/006_sad )

also, since the lack of blocks on new players exists, we should give new players some sort of a bonus block pack (and also veterans, else it wouldn't be fair //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink ) get them graphics working

shh i have returned

#25 2015-03-25 21:30:54

5upertrinity

Zoey2070 wrote:

I think EE has a pretty steep learning curve. There's SO many blocks you don't have when you first join, there's either levels you can't really play or really hard levels, along with the whole superiority thing. I'd say that pretty much all the new players have somehow randomly found it because I doubt very many people are telling their friends to play it and we have legitimately no advertising.

I mean, we have a pretty small community that are surprisingly vitriolic, and it's easy to tell why people wouldn't stay. Maybe we could have something where if someone creates a new account or whatever, there'll be something that pops up on the lobby showing you things? Like, "here's energy, here's your world tab, blah blah blah" and have something similar on the home world. Hmm.

Well this is what this page is for:
http://everybodyedits.com/help

It's sad that the 'help' button to this page is so small, it's really helpful for begginers.

● EE Username ► Zaught

Wooted by:
FDOOU1427491878488266

Board footer