Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Reporting in EE?

I'm playing around in EE and minding my own business in a boss level I joined. Then this asswipe starts insulting for about no reason at all. I started really dishing him out after a few *censored*s and he said he would report me to Chris. And so I'm like, good luck. You can't report me on EE, unless you go to the forums, but he has no right to report me since he started it.

Have you ever been supposedly "reported" to Chris? If you ever have, point and laugh at the fool.
I even managed to get the code, and I drew in big letters "REPORT SHYGUY" lololol

That's how ridiculous it is. Honestly, if Chris doesn't have enough time to update his game, you'd really stop and think that he would care for a useless "report?"

Last edited by Shy Guy (Apr 13 2011 6:45:49 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Re: Reporting in EE?

Chris isn't the only one who can read reports... in-game moderators could do that too

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#3 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

We've had internal discussion about an ingame report button before, but the problem is that it would probably be abused like hell for no good reason other than pointless internet drama as opposed to account sharing, scams and fraud.

If you guys can come up with a reasonable proposal for an ingame report feature, we're glad to listen.

#4 Before February 2015

Betaguy

LOL one guy said he would reporting me for using WPE to make infinate messages, and the room name was "try to chat"
what an idiot, it was a game, not spam...

#5 Before February 2015

Echo!

well for a chat report can't you have like a report player button.. and once you reported that player it record what they say from they point on while in that room.. then a mod can check what they have been saying?

probbaly lame idea

#6 Before February 2015

Wezza

A pack of trustworth mediators, each mediator gets around 100/150 players and there reports go to one of the mediators, if the mediator found something really important, this mediator can mute/ban or report it to the admins here, on the forums.

btw, people accused me of trolling, but as long as i know that i didn't do it, its fine (:

#7 Before February 2015

Nou

RPGMaster2000 wrote:

We've had internal discussion about an ingame report button before, but the problem is that it would probably be abused like hell for no good reason other than pointless internet drama as opposed to account sharing, scams and fraud.

If you guys can come up with a reasonable proposal for an ingame report feature, we're glad to listen.

They work, if you add this line:

"WARNING: Abuse of the report feature may lead to your account beng banned"

It's used in Guild Wars and it works really well //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

No u.

#8 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

^ that.

and make a little list of rules like:

You cannot report for reason such as:
trolling
hurp/durping
blah
and ha.

#9 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

In runescape they have around 6 buttons that you click for which rule they broke. Scamming, Cussing, Username, etc. That would work well here.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#10 Before February 2015

BEE

RPGMaster2000 wrote:

Just have it so at least X people have to report a person before the report is sent to you guys and don't tell anyone that you need a certain number of people.

Though to be perfectly honest, what do we need to report people for that isnt mass account sharing? Majorly offensive words are censored, and its not against the rules to simply be mean to someone.

And please don't add reporting like runescape, Jagex is NEVER a good company to base your community support off of.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#11 Before February 2015

Shift

RPGMaster2000 wrote:

Well you guys could make an "on record" button, in which all chat from there on out would be recorded. Then you could have the option to send that reported text to an admin. The only thing people can do that way is spam your mail, and that's pointless, especially since you can dish out severe punishments for it.

#12 Before February 2015

Chimi

Maybe reporting specific posts, and a time limit between posts.

#13 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

Chimi were talking about the game not the forum.

#14 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

I would make it like this, requiring chat of course

/report shyguy - harassment

and you can choose from a list, and the reports will be handled by probable in-game mods:

harassment cursing hacking malicious activity

#15 Before February 2015

Chimi

Gamer1120 wrote:

Chimi were talking about the game not the forum.

I know. Not sure why i said 'post' instead of... what would the word be...?

#16 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Shy Guy wrote:

and you can choose from a list, and the reports will be handled by probable in-game mods:

Here's what I think about each part of your list:

harassment - Not really worth a report
cursing - I'm pretty sure mods curse in the game too. I've seen most of them do it.
hacking - Only at certain hacks...
malicious activity - Meh, maybe.

#17 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

RPGMaster2000 wrote:

1st idea: When a player reports, they are directed to give a small description, along with a snapshot of the incidence. Also, mention that abusing the report button will result in a ban.

2nd idea: Like the forums, three reports and you're banned. By three different people, different IP address. This will simply prove that the player is no good.

3rd idea: I'm not sure how many in-game mods there are, but it wouldn't hurt to have 5-10. Instead of a report button, have a mod-call button. When someone clicks the mod-call button, a mod comes to the rescue and bans any player causing harm. It would be useful to have the mod not show up on the chat list, because then the troller could see that there's a mod in the room. Either THAT or let mods to see ALL chat history.

4th idea: Have a mute button. Just shut the person up and ignore. Only room-owners can kick, but everyone can mute.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#18 Before February 2015

Betaguy

KRAZYMAN50 wrote:
Shy Guy wrote:

Here's what I think about each part of your list:

harassment - Not really worth a report
cursing - I'm pretty sure mods curse in the game too. I've seen most of them do it.
hacking - Only at certain hacks...
malicious activity - Meh, maybe.

Its no rules for hacking...

#19 Before February 2015

Wezza

there should be.

Shy Guy 142386454496888

Board footer