Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Calicara

New updates

Either I am blind, or that day has finally come, but with the new updates, at least as far as I can tell, you can no longer be a guest. You MUST have an account to play. This means no more anonymous trolls! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
Either that or I am just seeing things.
EDIT: YESSSSSS!!! NOW PEOPLE CANNOT CREATE CLONES TO PUT THERE LEVELS AT THE TOP OF THE LIST! THE DAY HAS FINALLY COME! YESSSS!!
spazzy, spaz, spaz. Yay.

Last edited by Calicara (Apr 19 2011 10:15:25 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Linus21

Re: New updates

I'll go look!

EDIT: NOOOOO NOW I CANT MAKE GUEST SO MORE CAN JOIN MY LEVELS   WevBh.png YGMal.png

Last edited by Linus21 (Apr 19 2011 10:13:48 am)

#3 Before February 2015

Nou

Yep, you need to register now. Not sure how well it's going to work for the new players as they they can't test the game, but that's not our problem! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Linus21 wrote:

I'll go look!

EDIT: NOOOOO NOW I CANT MAKE GUEST SO MORE CAN JOIN MY LEVELS   WevBh.png YGMal.png

Actually yea that's a problem //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile Guestbombing was good strategy.

Last edited by Nou (Apr 19 2011 10:14:51 am)

No u.

#4 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

hahaha WUT.
I just wonder when a real update is going to come, like we were promised a long time ago.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#5 Before February 2015

DK Levels

Yeah.
Now the top lobby will be filled with 100 Minigames , Stairs to code etc
Because thats what the majority of EE players (aka Noobs) go for.
And all the good maps shall be somewhere down the lobby list...
I hope the rest of the update is going to be better , but seriously I want guests back :/

#6 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Goodbye guests... You will be missed...

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#7 Before February 2015

supadorf24

This could hurt EE's popularity. Some people might not want to make an account, and the userbase might decrease, but I like this change. Besides, Chris doesn't make any money from guests. They don't buy gems. Waste of bandwidth.

#8 Before February 2015

Bobithan

Nou wrote:

Yep, you need to register now. Not sure how well it's going to work for the new players as they they can't test the game, but that's not our problem! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Linus21 wrote:

I'll go look!

Actually yea that's a problem //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile Guestbombing was good strategy.

I have about 3 accounts so I can get up to 9 people on 1 server. So that means you can just make random accounts to do the whole thing. That works. Nobody can stop you by doing that.

aka towwl

#9 Before February 2015

Calicara

See I think differently because, people use guests as a way to put their levels at the top of the list. This can be both a good, and bad thing. It's good because alot of times people use it to put their lame minigame levels, or stair levels at the top of the list. Its bad because now people who make good levels like the "easter house" cannot populate their levels with as many people, because alot of noobs will ragequit.

I, personally, am glad because now noobs cannot overpopulate their levels, and no one can troll anonymously.

#10 Before February 2015

BEE

I just don't like how the video automatically plays, bah

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#11 Before February 2015

Bobithan

I'm still seeing on the user list "15 guests online"
I hope they all log off soon...

aka towwl

#12 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Why i like guests, this is a stupid idea and he should of warned people!

#13 Before February 2015

Bobithan

treejoe4 wrote:

FALSE
What have guests ever done for you? All they do is overpopulate the Open World section.

aka towwl

#14 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

BEE wrote:

I told Chris that this wasn't a very good idea since it will most likely just make people turn against trying out the game by making it play by itself. There's also a couple of issues that I've already told Chris to address such as the video still playing in the background once you log in.

I wish he kept us mods in the loop a bit more with updates like these, we weren't even informed that he was redoing the title screen this way. >_>

#15 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

Maybe chris just forgot to put a play as guest button back? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#16 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Bobithan wrote:
treejoe4 wrote:

FALSE
What have guests ever done for you? All they do is overpopulate the Open World section.

Lets not forget that a lot of people started as guests, it gives you a test of ee! People get discouraged when they have to make a account, at least people should be able to play as guests for a ceratin peroid of time.

#17 Before February 2015

treejoe4

RPGMaster2000 wrote:
BEE wrote:

I told Chris that this wasn't a very good idea since it will most likely just make people turn against trying out the game by making it play by itself. There's also a couple of issues that I've already told Chris to address such as the video still playing in the background once you log in.

I wish he kept us mods in the loop a bit more with updates like these, we weren't even informed that he was redoing the title screen this way. >_>

Do not remove the music glitch, i like it playing me in. And tell chris people should be able to play as guests for a hour or so!

#18 Before February 2015

DK Levels

Kaosslasher wrote:

Maybe chris just forgot to put a play as guest button back? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Sadly, no :/
He says "Guests were removed because they were abused" //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#19 Before February 2015

NuclearWar

Now Glass Cube Games will be gone forever! :/
Not a good idea srry...

#20 Before February 2015

jakery

DK Levels wrote:
Kaosslasher wrote:

He says "Guests were removed because they were abused" //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

That's too bad. I doubt I would have given EE a try if I'd been forced to make an account first.

#21 Before February 2015

Calicara

DK Levels wrote:
Kaosslasher wrote:

Here's what i think. Just make a few levels that ANYONE can go to. Sort of like preview levels that people can try out to see if they like the game. So people can play these levels as users or guests. Then, make editing for members only. The levels would be made by other users who are members, and they would be separate from the other levels.

So basically what I'm trying to say is, there should be "preview levels" for guests to play in order to better understand what the game is all about. Then you can show them some pictures, or an informative video of users editing. So they will want to sign up in order to edit their own levels.

#22 Before February 2015

DK Levels

jakery wrote:
DK Levels wrote:
Kaosslasher wrote:

That's too bad. I doubt I would have given EE a try if I'd been forced to make an account first.

Very good point, same here, I would think that its something that requires personal info etc
Thats why its better to try it out as a guest first, even if Chris still wants to delete guests he should make a guest play where you can play as a guest once then your forced to make an account.

#23 Before February 2015

jakery

I put a new thread in the suggestion forum: bring back guests, don't let guests edit, and guests don't count in the "players online" tally. Hopefully they'll consider this, unless there's another way to abuse guest accounts that I'm not thinking of.

Last edited by jakery (Apr 19 2011 12:04:13 pm)

#24 Before February 2015

NuclearWar

I just saw a guest in a room:
24432.png
How?

#25 Before February 2015

Calicara

NuclearWar wrote:

I just saw a guest in a room:
http://www.imguploaden.nl/img/24432.png
How?

People who are currently logged on as a guest will remain a guest until they log off.

Calicara 142386483396599

Board footer