Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Laecinth

Screenshots

How do you take them and upload them on the forums? I know it's with some sort of software, but which is the one best fit for EE?

#2 Before February 2015

SmittyW

Re: Screenshots

You should use "Many Cam".

#3 Before February 2015

Chimi

All screenshots are the same, just a bunch of pixels.
To take a screenshot with Windows, hold shift and press the Prt Scrn/Sys rq button on your keyboard.
Open a photo editor, such as Microsoft Paint. Right click and hit paste. Save it somewhere.
To upload one, go to ImageShack and click the Browse button. Find the picture on your computer and hit Open. Then click Upload Now. It'll take you to a screen with a bunch of codes. One will be called Forum Code. right click it, click Copy, then go the forum page that you want it to be and paste it! Simple as that!

#4 Before February 2015

Reven

There's a better way to take screenshots for windows 7 users.
Start > Run > SnippingTool

#5 Before February 2015

Kaslai
Official Caroler

One quick trick: If you hold the ALT button as you press PrintScreen, only the currently active HWND will be captured. No cropping necessary!

#6 Before February 2015

Bossking

wow aslai thats really helpful

#7 Before February 2015

Aslai wrote:

One quick trick: If you hold the ALT button as you press PrintScreen, only the currently active HWND will be captured. No cropping necessary!

Thanks! Too bad it doesn't work with Flash and Java...

#8 Before February 2015

tokebot

download irfan view or any other imageeditor for that matter.

press print screen on your keyboard (next to F12)
paste in irfanview (or any other) you should now have a picture of your desktop in irfanview (or any other)

crop the parts that you want in your screenshot.

save as gif or png

upload the picture to imgur.com

paste the url or the uploaded picture in your post, mark it, and click img
if you want to resize your minimap you should use "resize" or "nearest neighbor" to keep all your details when you upscale,
dont use bilinear or resample as that will blur your details when you size up

#9 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

i use paint and Imgur and yeah //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

chimis tutorial is good, but imageshack sucks >.> just saying

#10 Before February 2015

jakery

Laecinth wrote:

How do you take them and upload them on the forums? I know it's with some sort of software, but which is the one best fit for EE?

On the PC I'm a big fan of Screenshot Captor. You can hold Shift + Print Screen and select a rectangular area to capture to a file. You can capture just your EE screen, and not the whole browser window.

On the Mac it's built in; hit Command + Shift + 4 and select the area you want to capture.

The site I use is TinyPic, which requires no registration but has an annoying Captcha check every time you upload an image.

Last edited by jakery (Apr 21 2011 9:28:49 am)

#11 Before February 2015

Fir3Fli3

The program you need is Gadwin Printscreen, it automaticly saves your printscreen and you can choose if you only want to printscreen your active screen
Some examples are in my smiley making guide (old): http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=3652
It's exact, and very easy to use!
After you got the picture, upload it at: imgur.com and your done!

Last edited by Fir3Fli3 (Apr 21 2011 9:34:12 am)

#12 Before February 2015

Laecinth

Chimi, I followed your guide, except with Imgur instead of Imageshack. When I try to copy paste the picture from this: http://i.imgur.com/tFo1K.png to the forums, it won't work. (no option to paste) yet when I get to paint, it pastes fine. What's going on?

#13 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Press the print screen button, or prnt scrn, sometimes. Paste it into paint, or some other image editing program. Go to a site like tinurl, imgur, etc. Upload it, post the link here in img tags.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#14 Before February 2015

Laecinth

tFo1K.png
Thank you everybody, but I owe it mainly to Chimi , so he gets 1+ rep

Last edited by Laecinth (Apr 22 2011 2:17:59 pm)

Laecinth 142386506396369

Board footer