Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Varrith

Contest Ideas

Some non-holiday contest ideas! Post any you guys here if you think they should make contests on other days besides holidays! Also, if you think of good prizes, post them too! Hopefully someone will see this and take some ideas!

(Sorry if I don't get everyone's ideas on this post, I might miss some, if anyone wants to make a post listing them too, Id appreciate the help!)
(I also don't know how hard some of these themes will be to make, so, if anyone who could put an idea into a contest, try to make sure it isn't too hard.)

Theme -- Prize -- Creator

~~ Medieval Theme -- Knight Smiley -- Me
~~ Prehistoric Theme -- ?? -- Me
~~ Crime Scene Theme -- FBI Agent/Smiley In Suite -- Me (This one may be hard to make)
~~ One Color Theme -- ?? -- Supadorf24   (May not be good for art, and it doesn't look like this is a fan favorite so far, but I could be wrong.)
~~ Summer Theme -- Sand Decor. -- shift (Prize by KingOfTheOzone)
~~ Country Theme -- Smiley of Chosen Country -- correiajoao, DK Levels
~~ Stranded/Survival Theme -- Survivalist Smiley -- Me (This is a personal favorite to me, not because it was my idea, but because you can use your imagination, and most levels will be unique, since there is no specific landscape you need to go. Some people might go into swamps, deserts, forests, etc.)
~~ Nature Theme -- ?? -- treejoe4
~~ A Number (Judges pick a number, and we have to make based on it.) -- That number on Smiley -- FIENDISHLLAMA
~~ Adventure Theme -- Hero Smiley -- robotmega
~~ Silhouette Theme -- Silhouette Smiley -- Failgirl101
~~ Landscape Theme -- ?? -- JadElClemens
~~ Steampunk Theme -- Steampunk Blocks (Maybe) -- FIENDISHLLAMA
~~ Food Theme -- Food Block pack/Smiley -- FIENDISHLLAMA
~~ Advertisement -- 6x4 Editable block (Maybe) -- FIENDISHLLAMA
~~ EE Anniversary -- ?? -- Pike270 ("A EE Aniversary themed contest will be held and the winners will each be able to submit an Everybody Edits startup page design and a poll will be made to vote for their favorite. The winner of that will have their design implemented into the title screen for X amount of time. All finalists will get a prize of some sort")
~~ Small World -- Free World -- Bobithan (TEAM OF 1)
~~ Minigame Theme -- Smiley (I don't agree with Super Ninja... I think we all would prefer something more unique.) -- Bobithan
~~ Blank Theme -- Blank Smiley   -- FIENDISHLLAMA ("what about blankness? the minimap must be intirely blank.")
~~ Stationary -- ?? -- FIENDISHLLAMA ("stationery? as in pens, pencils, eraser, tape, stapler, etc.")

Don't forget prize ideas guys! And feel free to say multiple ideas! Again, I'd prefer no holidays for themes, we can leave those to RPG and everyone else, since they are probably going to put one up anyway.

If you like or don't like an idea, say so, and if I see it, I will put it on here! Also, feel free to write comments or anything, I probably wont right down here, but its nice to have some feedback.

PS: How about, if an idea does happen to be used for a contest, give a little something for the person's whose idea it was for the contest? Just a suggestion.

Last edited by Varrith (Apr 27 2011 6:52:04 am)

#2 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Re: Contest Ideas

A one-color theme. Competing teams are only allowed to use one color on the minmap. They can choose whichever color they want, but may only use that color. No black blocks, fully black blocks, secret blocks, or coin doors/gates allowed. Gravity arrows are permitted.

#3 Before February 2015

MIHB

Supadorf24 wrote:

A one-color theme. Competing teams are only allowed to use one color on the minmap. They can choose whichever color they want, but may only use that color. No black blocks, fully black blocks, secret blocks, or coin doors/gates allowed. Gravity arrows are permitted.

Wow.   You really want to drop the quality of competing maps even further, don't you?

#4 Before February 2015

supadorf24

MIHB wrote:
Supadorf24 wrote:

Wow.   You really want to drop the quality of competing maps even further, don't you?

Ehh, no, I don't. I just thought this would be an interesting contest idea. It would force people to try new shading techniques.

#5 Before February 2015

Varrith

No more ideas? Wow... This could make us have more contests you guys if RPG or someone big sees this, which means more prizes. At least try to keep this alive, we all know you want more contests!

#6 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Supadorf24 wrote:
MIHB wrote:
Supadorf24 wrote:

Ehh, no, I don't. I just thought this would be an interesting contest idea. It would force people to try new shading techniques.

Supa, I want you to go to a level, and shade using one color. I just wanna see how that works out for you. C:

I think there should be a Halloween contest.

Prize is a witch smiley (green, black hat)

Last edited by Tako (Apr 22 2011 3:11:55 pm)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#7 Before February 2015

Shift

Summer? Duh. It's getting pretty close for the majority of EE players (getting further for others :3)

#8 Before February 2015

correiajoao

About some Country! (I think this was suggested before)

Last edited by correiajoao (Apr 22 2011 3:13:46 pm)

#9 Before February 2015

Varrith

TakoMan02 wrote:
Supadorf24 wrote:
MIHB wrote:

Supa, I want you to go to a level, and shade using one color. I just wanna see how that works out for you. C:

I think there should be a Halloween contest.

Prize is a witch smiley (green, black hat)

I said not holiday themes. Seasonal themes are good, but they will probably do holiday anyway.

#10 Before February 2015

Varrith

Say any comments/dislikes on here, or of you think you would like/would not like to do one of these! If I notice you saying if you would like to or not, I will note it down on my first post!

#11 Before February 2015

DK Levels

correiajoao wrote:

Yeah I suggested this, that we should have a contest where each team gets given a country to do a map off...

EDIT : Oh, as for prizes, I think energy + a smiley that represents a country they were doing or they want, because if they get given a country that they don't like the smiley for that one then it wouldn't really be fair.
So e.g France - Moustache + Beret or whatever those hats are called
or Mexico - Smiley with a sombrero or something //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by DK Levels (Apr 22 2011 4:04:08 pm)

#12 Before February 2015

Varrith

DK Levels wrote:
correiajoao wrote:

Yeah I suggested this, that we should have a contest where each team gets given a country to do a map off...

DK, corre, Ill mark that both of you suggested this type, since corre brought it to this forum first, but you claim you had this idea too.

#13 Before February 2015

DK Levels

Erm btw I would delete the 'space' and 'circus' theme because they are too tight and most levels would have the same concept and would most likely look the same, so not much creativity would be happening... and also I think you should combine medival + prehistoric, basically so its past, again for a wider range of levels //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#14 Before February 2015

Varrith

DK Levels wrote:

Erm btw I would delete the 'space' and 'circus' theme because they are too tight and most levels would have the same concept and would most likely look the same, so not much creativity would be happening... and also I think you should combine medival + prehistoric, basically so its past, again for a wider range of levels //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Actually, where I was going with Medieval and Prehistoric was Medieval being back with knights and everything, and Prehistoric being way before that, with dinosaurs and things such as those, but I actually happen to agree with deleting space and circus.

#15 Before February 2015

shift wrote:

Summer? Duh. It's getting pretty close for the majority of EE players (getting further for others :3)

Majority ? all U_U

#16 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Nature theme

EDIT: the prize could be nature bricks and a hippy smilley

Last edited by treejoe4 (Apr 24 2011 5:25:31 am)

#17 Before February 2015

Bossking

DK Levels wrote:
correiajoao wrote:

EDIT : Oh, as for prizes, I think energy + a smiley that represents a country they were doing or they want, because if they get given a country that they don't like the smiley for that one then it wouldn't really be fair.
or Mexico - Smiley with a sombrero or something //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

and brasil? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#18 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

what about a random number like 47
so the contest is based around the number 47!   XD
that would be interesting to see what people come up with.
and the prize could be the number 47!
(or what ever number it is)

:.|:;

#19 Before February 2015

Shift

I just want to say that for the country one, if one were to choose to get a smiley for the US, would it be a hamburger?

#20 Before February 2015

Varrith

DK Levels wrote:
correiajoao wrote:

I see one issue with this. They will have to make one of every country they have out, but only give a limited amount away. Either that or they have to make the winner's last minute. EE Artists probably wouldn't want to make one of every single country, when only 5 countries will be handed out. And if they only have a couple days, the smileys may look sloppy.

#21 Before February 2015

Varrith

Don't forget to say if you like or dislike any theme ideas!

#22 Before February 2015

MIHB

How about running two different contests at once: "**** themed" and "17th century french architecture themed".

That should do a good job of splitting up noobs and pros.

#23 Before February 2015

Varrith

MIHB wrote:

How about running two different contests at once: "**** themed" and "17th century french architecture themed".

Ok, first, I HIGHLY doubt they'd do either theme, mainly because one isn't appropriate, and most people probably don't know anything about the other.

#24 Before February 2015

MIHB

Varrith wrote:
MIHB wrote:

Ok, first, I HIGHLY doubt they'd do either theme, mainly because one isn't appropriate, and most people probably don't know anything about the other.

What?   **** theme isn't appropriate?!?   Surely you jest!

#25 Before February 2015

Varrith

Oh? Fine, go tell RPG he should make a contest of that theme. We'll see what happens.

Varrith 142386544795985

Board footer