Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

EENinja

Stupid levels, Thousands of Plays.

Is it just me or have other people noticed that most levels with 25000+ plays are boring?

Think about it... 100 Easy Minigames, Jump Jump Jump, Epic Adventure Land, 9 Ways to Win????

Why dosent Bees levels get lots of plays?

Or MX Crew Levels?

Sureley they are more deserving then some of the names above...

What do you think?

#2 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: Stupid levels, Thousands of Plays.

Noobs gonna noob on noob lvls.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#3 Before February 2015

Revolution

Those maps are possibly old and have had a lot of plays and clears in the past, games like bee's leverl are new and better looking, if thats not it i'm not sure.

#4 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

As soon as you change a world's name it's # of plays gets reset. Jump Jump Jump has been around forever, BTW. The only things that have changed are the type of block (from beta to glass etc)

- ShinsukeIto

#5 Before February 2015

Revolution

I did not know when you chge the name the plays are lost! Wow!

#6 Before February 2015

jakery

Simple: Challenging levels will never attract as many players as the easy, simple levels.

#7 Before February 2015

MIHB

Different55 wrote:

As soon as you change a world's name it's # of plays gets reset.

This is not the case.

And yes to noobs got to noob.   There are several reasons why the most played levels are the easiest and dumbest, and those reasons are not likely to change anytime soon.

Last edited by MIHB (Apr 4 2011 11:55:52 pm)

#8 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

It isn't? It's happened to me a couple times. And I have seen the number of plays of my levels reset from 400 down to 3 before. What caused it then?

- ShinsukeIto

#9 Before February 2015

I play them because of the magic coins. pFhcd.png

#10 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

It's just whatever lures a player to a level. Maybe people give up searching for a good level then they play the easy and boring minigames and stairs. Or if a level looks popular, meaning it has a lot of plays and people on it, they decide to go along with it. It's called horrible level featuring.

#11 Before February 2015

jakery

Different55 wrote:

It isn't? It's happened to me a couple times. And I have seen the number of plays of my levels reset from 400 down to 3 before. What caused it then?

I don't know, but I don't think it was a name change. A month ago I cleared my weird nintendo/plinko/sewer/gate-block-panic experimental mashup to build my Metroid level. My ~1000 play count remained after I cleared the world and changed the name.

Last edited by jakery (Apr 5 2011 9:46:54 am)

#12 Before February 2015

Advancé

Well, most of the noob levels spam tabs of guest in it... 2YTqz.png

#13 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

pyro's theory: The cooler the art, the less noobs wanna play it.

common fact is 75%+ of ee players are noobs.

#14 Before February 2015

jakery

Kaosslasher wrote:

pyro's theory: The cooler the art, the less noobs wanna play it.

common fact is 75%+ of ee players are noobs.

:/ I don't really avoid art levels, but I usually quit them a couple minutes after I join. Art levels that look good on a mini-map usually look very ugly on the play screen. Also, art-based levels are usually annoying to play (endless invisible walls and gravity tile mini games; no logical layout to the level).

Or, even worse, sometimes the levels aren't even playable; they're just the art. Why bother staying?

My philosophy is to design the world to be played, and make art if there's room left.

Last edited by jakery (Apr 5 2011 10:46:51 am)

#15 Before February 2015

Jojomanjo

Well stupid levels are actually "amazing" for noobs.

more that 50% of players are noobs.

Medium level for us is a impossible level for noobs.

#16 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

noobs gonna noob up the game. lets all make the worst level we can and see how popular it gets.

#17 Before February 2015

Calicara

I have pondered this question for a while now. And I've come to two possibe solutions.

1. Most players on EE are just little kids, and so they copy what they see "Monkey see, monkey do" Stairs is the #1 copied level on EE and it always will be.

2. Most people like levels that are easy and quick. I like to play MX levels, but the minigames are incredibly tough. And even though I never give up, alot of people ragequit. They think "this is too hard, and a waste of my time" but I think " only good players can pass good levels, anyone can beat stairs." Sadly other people do not think that way. THey think "oh stairs! How easy to beat!"

Now my question though is, if people know a level is bad, why do they support it? Why do tons of people do levels, even though they know the level sucks?

#18 Before February 2015

Chimi

way to overdo it.

#19 Before February 2015

Jojomanjo

Failgirl101 wrote:

I have pondered this question for a while now. And I've come to two possibe solutions.

1. Most players on EE are just little kids, and so they copy what they see "Monkey see, monkey do" Stairs is the #1 copied level on EE and it always will be.

2. Most people like levels that are easy and quick. I like to play MX levels, but the minigames are incredibly tough. And even though I never give up, alot of people ragequit. They think "this is too hard, and a waste of my time" but I think " only good players can pass good levels, anyone can beat stairs." Sadly other people do not think that way. THey think "oh stairs! How easy to beat!"

Now my question though is, if people know a level is bad, why do they support it? Why do tons of people do levels, even though they know the level sucks?

They do it because "monkey see, monkey do" they see other player doing the same thing.

#20 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Supadorf24, in a stairs-related topic, minutes before he was quoted, wrote:

Monkey see, monkey do.

I'm a quotable beast. Thank you all. But, yes, what Failgirl wrote is completely right.

Last edited by Supadorf24 (Apr 5 2011 8:00:09 pm)

#21 Before February 2015

EENinja

I was thinking about it, and I agree with Failgirl.

"I like to play MX Levels but the minis are hard"

I think that the reason crew levels don't get heaps of plays is cause of hard minis.

And if Kaosslasher is right and 75% of players are noobs, then they can't complete the minis.

Thats my new theroy //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Last edited by EENinja (May 1 2011 10:06:49 pm)

#22 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

They should all be trolled.
Inb4TheGreenTroll

#23 Before February 2015

MIHB

One thing I will add is that I am absolutely certain that Jump Jump Jump and the other 50k+ rooms have owners who are willing to fill them with smileys multiple times a week.   Very few owners are willing to do that, but there is no other explanation for how noobs manage to consistently find it.

#24 Before February 2015

Icarus

idk I think Different55 basically said it. Noobs of a feather flock together.

Also, when I change the name, the play # stays, but I noticed that sometimes it randomly resets partially. For example, my level had 201 plays. Then some guys came and it went up to 207 (I checked). The next day, it was back to 201. Why???

#25 Before February 2015

EENinja

Ok i am now testing to see how many plays a noob minigame level can get in 1 week //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

So far I got 3500 in half a day //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

EENinja 142386592995503

Board footer