Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Muftwin

you said it was ok to share and account with a friend

then why did you add the only able to connect once limit -.- now i cant work with the person im sharing my account with

#2 Before February 2015

ThuggishPrune

Re: .....................

and someone found a problem with the new system within how many hours?!

#3 Before February 2015

EE_Scythe

Guest Account~

#4 Before February 2015

Muftwin

cant chat then

edit: or use all blocks/smileys i have

Last edited by Muftwin (May 9 2011 5:59:56 pm)

#5 Before February 2015

bobofawesome

I think its weird how you can't get to your own level

#6 Before February 2015

Muftwin

what abuse is this preventing anyway!

#7 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

I know! I thought it was guest bombing but guest bombing is possible again!

#8 Before February 2015

jakery

Muftwin wrote:

Two people using an account at the same time is bad enough. :/

#9 Before February 2015

MIHB

jakery wrote:
Muftwin wrote:

Two people using an account at the same time is bad enough. :/

No, it isn't.   Because portals and coin doors can only be placed by the room owner, two people using an account at the same time is actually required for some co-creation activities.

#10 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

Like me. I share my In-Game account and my Forum account with a friend.

#11 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

WE DEMAND OUR MULTICONNECTIONS BACK, Mr. CHRISTOPHER.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#12 Before February 2015

Muffin

Well, he kinda listened. Now you can connect to your own world twice. The thing is, I wanna be able to work on other people's level with multiconnections. GIVE US OUR CONNECTIONS BACK!

Seriously.

#13 Before February 2015

The Red Troll

i also think this is nooby, i think 3 times should be enough for me but sometimes 4, WHAT! im friends with ppl who no my acc and use it cuz they dont use beta and i help sometimes but i couldn't

#14 Before February 2015

Pawlowic

Why Multi connect's are Disabled:You remember Dragonlord? Ofcourse you do,because he was in every word There exists. Nuff' Sead.

#15 Before February 2015

Muftwin

cause he sahred his account with everyone

thats not aloud and should result in a banned account

sharing with a few friends is aloud and you should be able to work on lvls with them

#16 Before February 2015

Toby

People throw things off as bad just because they annoy them, without ever actually considering the other aspects.

Stopping multiple people from using a single account stops account sharers essentially giving free items. It's also more bandwidth efficient. When you consider how much one players costs to EE, then consider how much they pay back, on average, it works out okay. When you consider one players cost to EE doubled (two people on one account) but with only the same return, it gets hard to pay for EE's increasing demands.

What I think the game does need, though, is the ability to place special items in maps (like portals and spawn points), so long as both you and the level creator own them. Co-op world building should be easier in that aspect. I'll run this by Chris on Monday.

#17 Before February 2015

Muffin

Well last night I came up with a decent idea for account sharing!
Make it so you can't have, say, 4 connections to the same account open at the same time. Now what's the punishment for this? When the 5th person tries to connect, the other 4 people get a message that says:

Logging off in 1 minute due to connection abuse. Please save all work.

Then, as it says, they will all be logged out. They can either leave then, or keep trying. (Make it so they can't log in for another 4 minutes maybe?) With a massively spread account, you'll have atleast 10 people trying to get on at the same time. They would eventually all get bored of constantly being kicked, and thus making the account useless. This also allows private sharing or going on multiple levels at the same time, as they won't be bothered.

#18 Before February 2015

NikK

^ But imagine if you're logged in a computer. You worked a lot, didn't save. Then you leave (real life), but you're still on that level. Then you try to log in in another computer, so it'll log off from the first computer and the progress would be lost. I like the idea, but it has some things to fix ^

Toby's idea is also good. I hope they implement some of these in the game...

Off-Topic:

Two muffins (and also muffin recipe) in the same thread... I'll be fat soon.

#19 Before February 2015

Muffin

NikK wrote:

^ But imagine if you're logged in a computer. You worked a lot, didn't save. Then you leave (real life), but you're still on that level. Then you try to log in in another computer, so it'll log off from the first computer and the progress would be lost. I like the idea, but it has some things to fix ^

Umm... I think that's why you can have 4 connections at once... So that this doesn't happen...

Just don't leave 4 computers on everybody edits. I don't think it's that hard.

Muftwin 142386776293670

Board footer