Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Multiple Spawn Points?

Multiple Spawn Points. People have them, but why? I only have one and I only need one. So why have more? Someone please explain to me.

#2 Before February 2015

Jojomanjo

Re: Multiple Spawn Points?

Two means your rich.

#3 Before February 2015

Silverheart

how is 110? energy more mean your rich? i think sometimes people either have nothing to buy or just feel like it. i use 2 because i accidentally clicked the spawn point instead of portal.

#4 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Have 1 spawn point in one chute and 1 spawn point in another. What happens when you reset? All of your players are now divided into 2 teams, a great tool. 3 spawns? 3 teams. 110 spawns? 1 leads you to the code, all the rest lead you to the level.

Be creative.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#5 Before February 2015

BunnySMG

Many adventure levels where you have to traverse the whole level have multiple starting points just for the hell of it.

#6 Before February 2015

Jeremy

I can get a spawn point a day but I only have 6 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

The more the merrier!

#7 Before February 2015

EEguy

I used to buy them when I had nothing to buy... but now I buy portals.

#8 Before February 2015

Betaguy

They used them for teleporting, I have only 13 or 14 spawns, and I DONT need more...

#9 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

You can use multiple spawns for stuff like races or so every time you play you do something different in a different part of the level.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#10 Before February 2015

ultrasuperdude

The only reason I have alot of spawn points ( don't need to brag but I have 47) is because I have nothing else to spend energy on.

#11 Before February 2015

Sansander97

EEguy wrote:

I used to buy them when I had nothing to buy... but now I buy portals.

I agree.

#12 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

It's bran.

#13 Before February 2015

BunnySMG

Why would anyone buy spawn points over coin doors when they have "nothing else to buy"?

#14 Before February 2015

tokebot

i used 6 in grim, but only because it's so open and solvable from every point in about the same time.

#15 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

You can use them to mix all the players up everywhere so you can give the code to people you trust by mixing them through tall boxes then opening allowing them to get the code.

#16 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

tokebot wrote:

i used 6 in grim, but only because it's so open and solvable from every point in about the same time.

I agree. The 6 starting points in Grim Fandango are a nice touch.

Which brings me to another point, it spreads out the players. Like in Grim Fandango, you spawn and then you are immediately hit with a hard(ish) minigame. I think if we ALL started at the same spot it would be frustrating.

#17 Before February 2015

Wezza

^ like EXcrew Shift... when playing those mini's your like disoriented and sometimes laggy so you don't get a good change on finishing the mini xd...

#18 Before February 2015

Shift

I bought a ton because in the majority of my levels I put one spawn point in a more advantageous location than the rest. Because that one is of a much higher number, it's pure luck that will help you get to that spot, and leaving then coming back will only hurt your chances.

#19 Before February 2015

dol257

i like spawnpoints for adventure maps when you start in an entirely different place, aaaaaaand ofcourse to make figures //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#20 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

All I need is Ten. Not much use over that.

#21 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

To shake it up a bit. Each time someone enters your level (When they [the levels] get big enough, that is), they get a completely different adventure.

On the topic of different adventures, I can't wait until Chris finally decides to implement doors from one level to another within worlds. It's in the to-do list, is it not?

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#22 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

JadElClemens wrote:

To shake it up a bit. Each time someone enters your level (When they [the levels] get big enough, that is), they get a completely different adventure.

On the topic of different adventures, I can't wait until Chris finally decides to implement doors from one level to another within worlds. It's in the to-do list, is it not?

Spawn points, not portals. But I agree.

Universal Portals. Enter a EE URL and when you touch this portal that's exactly where you go. This is one-sided, you do not need a UP in the level you're going to. There is no reloading the page, it just automatically brings you there.

The server isn't that fast, so I can understand the game turning black for a second. Not the usual "Trying to load the game, please wait! Move, Jump, Edit." No. Just black.

Exit points. What happens when you win the game? You click on "go to lobby." With Exit Points, it goes to the lobby for you.

#23 Before February 2015

The Red Troll

well to put it simply i only need one but when ive got nothing else to buy i but it cuz its cheap //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

and takoman, where's the fire!? -.- seriously

EDIT: 1000th post //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile, lol who cares

Last edited by The Red Troll (May 22 2011 12:45:26 pm)

#24 Before February 2015

dol257

woa! congrats you troll!

#25 Before February 2015

Lopoi2

Well, I can troll with spawn points.

supadorf24142386919892234

Board footer