Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Rurigok

All About Diamond Blocks

Post your opinion and discuss the new diamond blocks here.

(all repeat threads after this will be given a warning)

#2 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Re: All About Diamond Blocks

Well, here's one thing: TOTALLY OVERPRICED.

#3 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Kingoftheozones thread should be unlocked as it discusses use for them.

This one will probably be used for arguing.

#4 Before February 2015

Rurigok

You can use this thread for that - it's a highly debated topic right now and needs to be strictly enforced for the time being.

#5 Before February 2015

BEE

Thank God for this thread.

I think that Chris would get more revenue if he made it cheaper. I would buy the block if it were 5$ or less, maybe even buy more than one but at this price I wouldnt even come close to buying it.

Last edited by BEE (May 4 2011 9:09:51 pm)

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#6 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Well I suggest that the price goes down to 600 gems or lower.

#7 Before February 2015

Red

Ooooooh my god...
I just noticed that the current price is a 1000 gems O_O.

What the hell, way too much.

#8 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

Too, TOO much overpriced!

#9 Before February 2015

Red

I didn't know it had an effect :O.

It seems that when you touch a diamond, you turn into the bigspender.

EDIT: Though there's a difference: The monocle is on the other side.

Last edited by Red (May 5 2011 4:39:27 am)

#10 Before February 2015

Nou

I'll summarize:

"LOL"

No u.

#11 Before February 2015

supadorf24

This is what I posted in Pyro's topic, but that topic is closed now, and this seems to be the official topic, so I'll just re-post it here.

The reason the Diamond Block makes me upset is because it seems like just the start of more gems-only items. Chris can make really lame items such as the Big Spender and Diamond, and make tons of money off of them. Before the introduction of gems-only items, Chris needed to make cool items that people would want to spend gems on instead of energy. Now he can get away with stupid items because people are willing to fork out money for them. This encourages the production of these gems-only items, which alienates the rest of the players as he creates more. That seems to be what's going on now. People bought the Big Spender, so Chris realized he was on to something. Now he creates the Diamonds. People buy them. Yes, admittedly less people are buying the Diamonds, but he makes more money off of each one that people buy. Instead of spending time working on an update that everyone wants, he makes something that will make him money, but certainly isn't what anyone asked for. Is the general user base happy with Diamonds? No. Is Chris making money off of diamonds? Yes. I could care less about actually having the Diamonds. There are other reasons why people are upset with them, other than the money factor.

I'm glad you made this topic, Rurigok; I'm sick of the countless Diamond topics we have now. I suggest un-stickying this, because stickies don't get many views. Seriously, it took me a while to find this topic.

#12 Before February 2015

stevethepirahnaplant

Supadorf24 wrote:

This is what I posted in Pyro's topic, but that topic is closed now, and this seems to be the official topic, so I'll just re-post it here.

The reason the Diamond Block makes me upset is because it seems like just the start of more gems-only items. Chris can make really lame items such as the Big Spender and Diamond, and make tons of money off of them. Before the introduction of gems-only items, Chris needed to make cool items that people would want to spend gems on instead of energy. Now he can get away with stupid items because people are willing to fork out money for them. This encourages the production of these gems-only items, which alienates the rest of the players as he creates more. That seems to be what's going on now. People bought the Big Spender, so Chris realized he was on to something. Now he creates the Diamonds. People buy them. Yes, admittedly less people are buying the Diamonds, but he makes more money off of each one that people buy. Instead of spending time working on an update that everyone wants, he makes something that will make him money, but certainly isn't what anyone asked for. Is the general user base happy with Diamonds? No. Is Chris making money off of diamonds? Yes. I could care less about actually having the Diamonds. There are other reasons why people are upset with them, other than the money factor.

I'm glad you made this topic, Rurigok; I'm sick of the countless Diamond topics we have now. I suggest un-stickying this, because stickies don't get many views. Seriously, it took me a while to find this topic.

I agree, its kind of a scam if you think about it... actually you should be able to get the diamond for energy, and make something cool like the commando smiley a 'must get with gems' Its completely backwards

#13 Before February 2015

midas

That diamond blocks ar cool but can you have more then 1?:D

#14 Before February 2015

Bobithan

Here's what would make me happy:

STOP complaining about the big spender. That is a REAL donation and you get something to show off. Plus, It's been here too long to remove so deal with it

LOWER the price of the diamond. The diamond, being a gem only block, should be 50 gems a piece. That would be more reasonable don't you think? That's $5 for 1 diamond. And with this, people that bought the diamond for 1000 gems will get 20 diamonds and people that bought it for 500 gems get 10. All is fair in this.

aka towwl

#15 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

^That but they are give a choice how many gems are kept and the rest of the money will be refunded.

#16 Before February 2015

ultrasuperdude

Everyone agrees the price has to be lowered Chris is going to fix it soon I bet.

Last edited by ultrasuperdude (May 5 2011 4:14:57 pm)

#17 Before February 2015

Bobithan

ultrasuperdude wrote:

Everyone agrees the price has to be lawered Chris is going to fix it soon I bet.

Hopefully... It HAS to be cheaper than the Big Spender because it's not worth even $50!

aka towwl

#18 Before February 2015

EDJ

I dont think it will be lowered because some people already bought it. There is no way back. Otherwise it would be completely unfair to the (insane) people who bought it for 1000 gems

#19 Before February 2015

SmittyW

I think the "some" got the diamond before it had the power ability. I know I've seen some people the second diamond was released. Man, those are some spoiled kids who have too much money to spend.

#20 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

Unless Chris refunds it to everyone //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

#21 Before February 2015

Bobithan

EDJ wrote:

I dont think it will be lowered because some people already bought it. There is no way back. Otherwise it would be completely unfair to the (insane) people who bought it for 1000 gems

then the people that bought it for 1,000 gems get 20 diamonds in return... if the price is lowered to 50 gems

aka towwl

#22 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

OR they could choose how many they wish to keep and the rest of the money is refunded //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

#23 Before February 2015

calvinjliao

i believe that chris should actually make the diamonds much cheaper, and have moar sales, and also, make them a multiple amount bought at once, instead of just one. i probably would be someone who would spend $5, but buy alot, of the diamonds, if the price were cheaper. better revenue plan?

#24 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

midas wrote:

That diamond blocks ar cool but can you have more then 1?:D

Only if you buy more than one.

#25 Before February 2015

Wesso

Now they actually do something. They give you the big spender, atm! But still I don't think its worth it

Rurigok 142387070290730

Board footer