Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

I'm gonna go crazy... i swear...

Ever since the secret block came out people have been misusing them. It's annoying. It's as if it's replaced the special black. Now every level I go to I have to touch the bricks to find them, instead of seeing them. Plus the levels get bloched up and it doesn't please my eyes.
o'_'o

#2 Before February 2015

Wildirishman

Re: I'm gonna go crazy... i swear...

Damn I hate it when people use them like this.

...Isn't it kinda what they are used for anyway? (Just saying, I could be wrong)

#3 Before February 2015

supadorf24

I really hate when people substitute invisible blocks for black blocks. I end up randomly bumping into walls and falling. I rarely ever see anyone use them for "secrets" anymore. I've always thought secret blocks should be used as hidden shortcuts, but I've only seen that done in a few worlds. In those worlds, finding secrets is a pleasant surprise. In most worlds now, it becomes frustrating when half the world is invisible.

#4 Before February 2015

coolio

Those invisible blocks just annoy me now. At first they were cool, now not so much.

#5 Before February 2015

AcellOfllSpades

The worst part are the invisible mazes, usually filled with tightfits.

#6 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

How I Use Secret Bricks:

1. I use Secret Bricks to block the wrong way. Just to ensure they're going the right way.

#7 Before February 2015

Violetrose

There's this one level, it starts with stairs. After them is a large invisible maze. It's filled with tightfits and hook jumps. What fun. I'd rather know what I'm getting so I can say "Oh, stupid minigames. Noob level" and leave before wasting time on it.

#8 Before February 2015

Master1

whenever I'm playing and i see even a small secret maze I quit the level cause if there's one there's always a lot more

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#9 Before February 2015

dol257

well, we just have to wait till some genius makes a super smart move using these blocks, so far. i have seen non //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#10 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

dol257 wrote:

well, we just have to wait till some genius makes a super smart move using these blocks, so far. i have seen non //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

How can we use it smartly, exactly?

#11 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

By NOT making mazes...Don't go on my profile, because I have NONE except for that one.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#12 Before February 2015

Betaguy

AcellOfllSpades wrote:

The worst part are the invisible mazes, usually filled with tightfits.

Agree, not fun at all, if I see them I leave...

#13 Before February 2015

treejoe4

I love em

#14 Before February 2015

EDJ

I ageee with you completely!
When I was playing the levels for the easter competition 80% used them, so annoying

#15 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Aoitenshi wrote:

How I Use Secret Bricks:

1. I use Secret Bricks to block the wrong way. Just to ensure they're going the right way.

I find that frustrating. Use black blocks instead.

#16 Before February 2015

Echo!

What can you use them for then? no matter how use them it seems everyone has a problem.

#17 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Echo! wrote:

What can you use them for then? no matter how use them it seems everyone has a problem.

I like using secret bricks for optional shortcuts or passages to blue coins that only observant players can find. Using them for secrets, not just walls. The problem is, when people are building a level, they know where the secret blocks are. They don't see how frustrating it is for players, because they know where the walls are. The player, on the other hand, doesn't know where the walls are if they're made out of secret blocks. Aren't levels a lot more frustrating when you can't see them?

#18 Before February 2015

flash man

Im going crazy to 0.o
cuzz ppl say that im doing things i never did!!
WTF is wrong!!?!!

#19 Before February 2015

capasha

I only use them to trap people. It feels so good inside me.

#20 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

Well that's useful... another brick for run from god(s).

But I ESPECIALLY hate it when people put them around the crowns. I never know if I can grab it or not. (Some worlds you can)

#21 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Well, I think secret bricks can be used for secret shortcuts. For example, a level creator uses fully black blocks to make it look like a level is 195x195. However, in some places, most likely protected by a hard challenge, there is a small secret maze in the fully black blocks(only about 10-12 blocks long), that lets you skip about 10% of the level.

#22 Before February 2015

epicstonemason

I've always hated secret bricks because from the moment they came out I knew they would be misused. Other misused features that I hate are coins, keys, invisible blocks, crowns, coin doors, decoration blocks, and black blocks. I hate almost all new features in EE, mostly because I'm an EE conservative (I hate change in EE).

#23 Before February 2015

Jasonma

ah i hate those... they are simply time-consuming blocks but hey, if you don't like a level with them, you can always quit and never play that level again //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue it's only annoying when all the levels in the lobby are empty, stupid, or full of these.

#24 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Supadorf24 wrote:

I really hate when people substitute invisible blocks for black blocks. I end up randomly bumping into walls and falling. I rarely ever see anyone use them for "secrets" anymore. I've always thought secret blocks should be used as hidden shortcuts, but I've only seen that done in a few worlds. In those worlds, finding secrets is a pleasant surprise. In most worlds now, it becomes frustrating when half the world is invisible.

What secrets are in our world... O:< Mwahahaha... what secrets it holds...

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#25 Before February 2015

supadorf24

epicstonemason wrote:

I've always hated secret bricks because from the moment they came out I knew they would be misused. Other misused features that I hate are coins, keys, invisible blocks, crowns, coin doors, decoration blocks, and black blocks. I hate almost all new features in EE, mostly because I'm an EE conservative (I hate change in EE).

You're just listing off features. At least give some examples or reasons they're misused.

TrappedTime 142387180989623

Board footer