Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Thank you for not fixing bugs, Chris.

On the blog, Chris wrote:

One of the great things about Peter now being on the Everybody Edits team, is that we have time to look at some of the long running issues that have been hunting the game. Thus, Peter and myself have been taking a good long look at the internals of the game and fixed up a lot of the issues the game had. Below is a list of some of the major changes.
Entering a saved world is now twice as fast
Big worlds should now have a much lower chance of breaking
Fixed bug where users could not login if they logged out
The shop should now be more stable.
In total more than 20 bugs have been fixed! Now time to get back to features!

This game is still riddled with bugs. I still get kicked from worlds randomly, and now I have two ghosts in my level. Yes, Chris never actually fixed the ghost bug. Instead he covered it up by allowing two of the same user in one's own world. So, the bug was never fixed, now it can just happen twice before it's a problem. I honestly think Chris should just leave EE to someone else that cares about making the game work rather than releasing some useless decorations. The ghost bug has been around for months, but instead of fixing the bug, Chris decides to cover it up and get back to giving us decorations and smileys. I'm seriously considering leaving this game if Chris continues to ignore the bugs that plague this game.

#2 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

Re: Thank you for not fixing bugs, Chris.

Well, if he could, he'd spend all his life on E.E., 24/7, no sleep, and he'd fix a lot of things, but alas, his own life, it prevents him from doing such.
So think about what situation HIS OWN LIFE is through before being greedy enough to want updates, sure we all do, but to go THIS far?

#3 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Yes, and he promised features, but they didn't come aswell... VNrAE.png

#4 Before February 2015

manurthebest

Give him a break guys, he has got a life. Hopefully he will soon realise that we need the bugs fixed more than the addition of new features.

Last edited by manurthebest (Jul 27 2011 11:28:04 am)

#5 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

yeah its really getting on my nerves, I'm getting ghosted quite often now, and it is just stupid VNrAE.png

#6 Before February 2015

supadorf24

The First Gamer wrote:

Well, if he could, he'd spend all his life on E.E., 24/7, no sleep, and he'd fix a lot of things, but alas, his own life, it prevents him from doing such.
So think about what situation HIS OWN LIFE is through before being greedy enough to want updates, sure we all do, but to go THIS far?

I'm not greedy. He obviously has time to work on other aspects of EE such as text, the coloring update, and others, but ignores bugs.

#7 Before February 2015

xXExpress0Xx

All of you that are saying "give him a break", remember that he also hired Peter! Why couldn't Peter have a look into the bugs and fix them? :/

#8 Before February 2015

supadorf24

I have no idea what Peter does.

#9 Before February 2015

SmittyW

I think everyone is demanding too much from Chris at once. One group of people keep on whining about the lack of feature updates and another group keeps on whining about him not fixing certain bugs on time. No matter what, the EE community always finds a side to fall on every update and end up complaining about one thing or the other.
If he updates the features, people complain about bugs. If he starts to fix bugs, people get frustrated and start to leave due to no new features.

^You see what I'm getting at?

#10 Before February 2015

dol257

go on vacation and check back later, just like I did, it will feel like a new game!

#11 Before February 2015

Pawlowic

I understand chris has a life,but he realy dont think about us,it would be nice if he checked up once in a month. :\

#12 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

SmittyW. wrote:

I think everyone is demanding too much from Chris at once. One group of people keep on whining about the lack of feature updates and another group keeps on whining about him not fixing certain bugs on time. No matter what, the EE community always finds a side to fall on every update and end up complaining about one thing or the other.
If he updates the features, people complain about bugs. If he starts to fix bugs, people get frustrated and start to leave due to no new features.

^You see what I'm getting at?

Let Peter do the bug fixes, and Chris do the updates, maybe even vice versa? ;P

signature.png
*u stinky*

#13 Before February 2015

SmittyW

This game is just a hobby of his, not a job. That's why he said that he doesn't like to give specific due dates or else it will feel like a job for him. < I don't remember where he said that.

#14 Before February 2015

jakery

SmittyW. wrote:

^^This.

Welcome to the wonderful world of software development, everyone! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile At this very moment, what are your expectations for EE updates? I'm very curious. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#15 Before February 2015

Betaguy

^Expect? ehh....   I dont have any ideas about whats the next lol, and I dont really care so much about updates... only if I get bored //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#16 Before February 2015

magic277isback

and whats with PETER ?

#17 Before February 2015

BillyP

I'm just puzzled as to why Peter hasn't released any updates even though he's working for Chris for over a month...

#18 Before February 2015

MRBOOGAWESOME

I must admit chris is really on top of bugs lately.

#19 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

The First Gamer wrote:

It's his game, he takes responsibility for its upkeep. If he was too busy for it he shouldn't have made it in the first place.

jakery wrote:
SmittyW. wrote:

^^This.

Welcome to the wonderful world of software development, everyone! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile At this very moment, what are your expectations for EE updates? I'm very curious. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Bugs are always superior to blocks. Always.

Last edited by Tako (Jul 27 2011 3:21:33 pm)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#20 Before February 2015

DK Levels

I know its his hobby and that but if he wants to improve this game (which I assume he hopefully does) how come, he never looks at the forums which is probably the most helpful source for what is wrong with the game or what the users want...
I understand he's busy etc.. but come on.

#21 Before February 2015

treejoe4

DK Levels wrote:

I know its his hobby and that but if he wants to improve this game (which I assume he hopefully does) how come, he never looks at the forums which is probably the most helpful source for what is wrong with the game or what the users want...
I understand he's busy etc.. but come on.

He doesnt care that much to respond to bugs, he still gets money from the game

#22 Before February 2015

epicstonemason

What does Chris owe you? Nothing. Count your blessings dude, you abuse them enough.

#23 Before February 2015

supadorf24

SmittyW. wrote:

I think the game should work before he expands upon it. Then again, Chris doesn't make money off of bug fixes. :/

jakery wrote:

At this very moment, what are your expectations for EE updates? I'm very curious.

Text, the coloring update, and whatever else RPGM2K has been hinting at. Bug fixes, maybe. Hopefully.

MRBOOGAWESOME wrote:

I must admit chris is really on top of bugs lately.

I really hope you're being sarcastic. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

epicstonemason wrote:

What does Chris owe you? Nothing. Count your blessings dude, you abuse them enough.

That is correct. I do nothing but abuse blessings senselessly until there is nothing left but pulp. But I am not asking for features; I am asking for bug fixes, which, to the extent of my knowledge, cannot be abused. And not once did I say Chris owes us anything.

I do appreciate your ability to make references to being an "EE Conservative" in all your posts, though. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by Supadorf24 (Jul 27 2011 7:12:22 pm)

#24 Before February 2015

ultrasuperdude

I think Cyclone should take control of EE and Chris would be the mod. I think Cyclone would do a better job.

#25 Before February 2015

no offence but all of you keep complaining about everything about bugs and features. Chris is still going to do updates so why are you people keep complaining. You guys act like if he ain't going to do no more updates and like if he is going to take a long time to do another update.

supadorf24142387649384939

Board footer