Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#826 Before February 2015

Lopoi2

Re: Update Discussion

Now the buildres cub is better, but I still think he needs to enable us to buy blocks (new ones) just to not lose any time limited

Wooted by:

#827 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

The builders club... not joining it now.
On a side note: I'm fine with retextured blocks, they add more variety to EE.
But I think more action blocks will make EE more fun.

Wooted by:

#828 Before February 2015

Bimps

Like I said, BC sucks. But I heard they're are new commands, no more code box, better stuff on bottom. For once, I like an update. I mean, this is something I wanted. The commands are /giveedit ?username? and /removeedit ?username?

I was thinking "Can you remove edits stuff from the owner? Yes you can. It keeps the edit bar, but none of the edit things work. You also cannot god mode. You can regive it to yourself.

Last edited by Bimps (Dec 13 2012 1:54:33 pm)

Wooted by:

#829 Before February 2015

Arceus64

I enjoy Builder's Club for the sole purpose of overdosing on portals and time doors.

Wooted by:

#830 Before February 2015

SilverStar
EE Homegirl

I think many of us started EE for 5 reasons:

1. Free

2. Fair with the exception of skill and time

3. Flash

4. Still being changed

5. Able to interact with other players.

Or at least those were the attractive things to me.
Believe it or not, it is STILL free.

However, no matter how skilled or how long you've been here, you can be out-bought. Assuming most of us oldies enjoyed the "free" idea, we probably don't want to buy it anyway. The people to buy it will be newbies. But you know what? We don't have to pay for it because we have (or have most of) the blocks. (What we should be asking for is a cheaper subscription just for unlimited blocks.)

To all the old betas: be glad! Beta is something no one can any longer get! (Which I think means no one can get the beta smilies anymore.)

It's still flash! No need to pay or make downloads!

Mr. Shoe has done a fine job in keeping us from being bored. If you think the particular pack is terrible, don't buy it. Spend energy on portals or something. (If you can, that is.) I say it's better to have a pack and risk that it's bad than one pack every 6 months.

HOWEVER, idk if any of you chat have noticed, but chat is now 3$ to get. It's not like that's a terrible thing for those of us with chat, but the community can't grow well without people with chat. And one of the past attractions of this game, as I mentioned, is that it was free. Part of that meant that chat was 1 cent.

1oGNJTH.gif

Wooted by:

#831 Before February 2015

treejoe4

What happens when the membership has ended, and you have lots of cakes and stuff in your level?

Wooted by:

#832 Before February 2015

Deetz

I think it'd stay there, but once you delete it, it's gone.

Wooted by:

#833 Before February 2015

SuperStar11179912

One other thing I noticed is that when my free month is over, I have to catch up AGAIN...
If they're going to make something like this, at least let us buy the new stuff too, especially if someone decides to get the year subscription... Wait a minute, people cant buy beta? How can they add friends then? And are the beta blocks/smilies really for the beta people and cant get with builders club? Wow, nice. I also like the new commands, but is the code thing still around? I havent checked yet. (one more thing.... Potion + new godmode = BOSS GODMODE //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool) If MrShoe lets us buy the block stuff in the shop while the subscription is going on, THEN I'll be happy with this. I'm also hoping that Julian adds new action things next week, since thats what EE needs a bit more than themed blockpacks. (Maybe ice blocks, or blue coindoors/gates? The blue coins are pointless right now and I dont pay attention to them while playing EE.)

Wooted by:

#834 Before February 2015

ktostam450

New doors/gates are here.
If you are a BC Member you can pass the doors but not the gates.

Wooted by:

#835 Before February 2015

Persona

SuperStar11179912 wrote:

One other thing I noticed is that when my free month is over, I have to catch up AGAIN...
If they're going to make something like this, at least let us buy the new stuff too, especially if someone decides to get the year subscription... Wait a minute, people cant buy beta? How can they add friends then? And are the beta blocks/smilies really for the beta people and cant get with builders club? Wow, nice. I also like the new commands, but is the code thing still around? I havent checked yet. (one more thing.... Potion + new godmode = BOSS GODMODE //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool) If MrShoe lets us buy the block stuff in the shop while the subscription is going on, THEN I'll be happy with this. I'm also hoping that Julian adds new action things next week, since thats what EE needs a bit more than themed blockpacks. (Maybe ice blocks, or blue coindoors/gates? The blue coins are pointless right now and I dont pay attention to them while playing EE.)

Most likely will be fixed, so don't get your wits in a twist.

Wooted by:

#836 Before February 2015

Everglade

SuperStar11179912 wrote:

Good news, not any more!

Read the blog. Mr shoe said that if you send him an email he'll happily take away the 1 month free subscription of builder's club.

HappyKat wrote:

Has anyone noticed in the mist of all this mess that two new chat commands have been added?

Now you can give people editing rights by typing /giveedit <username>

and take it away by typing /removeedit <username>

Isn't this exciting? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

-Failgirl101

Yes, but it's a shame it only works on non-chats on your level. Just because the person i may want to give code too has chat, doesn't mean i want to put code in chat for every chat user to see. So this feature should be updated to work on any member, chat or non-chat.

Last edited by Everglade (Dec 14 2012 12:08:41 pm)

Wooted by:

#837 Before February 2015

ktostam450

Everglade: it works on everyone, even on owner.

Wooted by:

#838 Before February 2015

Everglade

ktostam450 wrote:

Everglade: it works on everyone, even on owner.

That's strange. I spent ages trying over and over again to make this guy with chat have editing abilities and it wouldn't work. I thought it was a bug. Then someone i didn't know came on and they was non-chat and i tried it and it worked on them first time. I presumed it was because the first person was chat to why it didn't work. They was also a friend on my friends system.

But you're saying it should have worked on them?

Last edited by Everglade (Dec 14 2012 1:55:35 pm)

Wooted by:

#839 Before February 2015

Bobyy

MrShoe updated the profile button and added your level so everyone can see it. Also you see if a person is part of the Builder's Club. LRgE1.png

Last edited by Bobyy (Dec 14 2012 3:17:54 pm)

SHwZksb.png  Thanks Bobithan for the sig, love it <3  5d16ccdd4a.png e62a2a5b45.png "You will never know how valuable a thing or a person is...until its not with you anymore, then you`ll regret..."

Wooted by:

#840 Before February 2015

crastopher

He also removed all the doors, except for original... Wtf?

Wooted by:

#841 Before February 2015

Boywhoflies

There's builder's club doors gates now. If I understand correctly, they are opened/closed differently depending on if you have BC or not.

Wooted by:

#842 Before February 2015

Chrisdits

Carm Down, carm down.   I'm sure mr shoe will flatten out all bugs soon.

Has anyone else notified 'show beta only worlds has gone'

Wooted by:

#843 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Boywhoflies wrote:

There's builder's club doors gates now. If I understand correctly, they are opened/closed differently depending on if you have BC or not.

Which means now people can prevent non-BC players from entering their level.

Wooted by:

#844 Before February 2015

Boywhoflies

We could do it the other way around as a form of protest. Somehow. Maybe. Like keeping BC people out of levels so they won't buy it anymore. I wouldn't want everything ever if I couldn't play like half the levels.

Actually though, this is a horrible idea, but maybe this will trigger something with somebody else. Anyone?

Last edited by Boywhoflies (Dec 14 2012 4:58:07 pm)

Wooted by:

#845 Before February 2015

ethans

hmmm other ? <:D

Wooted by:

#846 Before February 2015

P788

The price of the Builders' Club is ridiculous.

Look at the Playstation Plus subscription for example. 50? for 1 year to get 10 free games per month (retail games/PSN games), exclusive discounts, cloud storage and some more things. If your subscription expires, you can't play the free games you got from that subscription.

Now look at the price of the Builders' Club. 96? for unlimited blocks, no need to buy blocks and a exclusive god mode on a flash game. If your subscription expires, you need to buy all the blocks you missed again.

Wooted by:

#847 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

This is exactly what MrShoe is doing to us: He lurked to EE thinking he could make it a better game, but all he is doing is replacing our classic nostalgic features we know and love with total crap. It's like he's going to a museum, taking all the items out of it, and puts pasta in place of the artifacts. That's all he's doing. Replacing our valuable artifacts with pasta.

Wooted by:

#848 Before February 2015

HappyKat

Ok everyone let me give you a rundown, again.

First of all you DO NOT need to have builder club if you do not like it. No one is forcing you to buy it, and you are not missing out on anything. First let me show the facts.

1. Julian has already stated that if you DO NOT want builders club....

Julian wrote:

[Notice:]

Some beta-users do not want their free Builders Club trial. If you want out, just send me an email. Beta members member-numbers are now prefixed with ?TRY?. If the membership is extended, a real member number is given.

2. So then Master1 asked me, well what if I do want to use my trial, and I end up placing more blocks than I have. Will those blocks disappear? So again I e-mailed Julian. He responded:

Julian wrote:

Hi Failgirl101

The blocks you place will not disappear, but if your membership expires you will only be able to place the bricks you had before you became a Builders Club Member.

So if you had 20 portals before you entered the Builders Club, but place 100 when in the Builders Club, you can't place anymore portals in that world (unless you delete 81 of them). But the portals will stay there until deleted.

So good so far...

Then there were multiple complaints of people saying they may "lose their stuff"

Well Julian to the rescue:

Julian wrote:

Beta

Beta users still exists, but it is no longer possible to become a beta-member. Builders Club members will also have access to test out new features, just like the beta members.

In order to let the existing beta-user test the Builders Club out, they each receive 1 month free subscription to the Builders Club. When the membership expires, they will of course still be beta-members.

So you do not NEED to keep your membership, you do not have to worry about losing anything, and I mean really I think builders club is kind of cool.

I think we can all collectively agree that Chris has, and continues to show signs of greediness with the game. Well first off let me ask this, do you guys even consider how much money it costs to host the domain? Not to mention keep the game going. Money doesn't grow on trees and Chris probably needed a new source of revenue. Well so then there were gems, but who would buy gems when everything is free huh? Just use super rewards to get your beta, and classic tab items. How is the game supposed to make any money?

Then there were several complaints when the price of chat rose, well again in the blog...

Julian wrote:

Chat:

We have had some issues that people found it ?fishy? to be paying 1 cent for something. Also PayPal has sometimes contacted us suspecting fraud. So from now on, to enable chat you have to pay 3 dollars, but will be given 50 gems (which would normally cost 5 dollars).   We hope this new deal works out better for everyone.

So all in all here is my point. As a business venture builders club is a great idea. Charging people a monthly fee for unlimited access will help Chris "rake in the dough" so to speak. Money from this will probably go toward further developing the game and increasing the everybody edits community.

And maybe people don't like Julians packages, I can't say I'm a huge fan myself, but it's Chris' game, not ours. If you don't like playing EE you can always play something else.

Also on the subject of builders club, it's really nothing special anyways. Especially for older players like me who already have everything, basically the only "premium" item you get is the special god aura (which several people has expressed discontentment toward anyways.) So unless you are planning on actually purchasing builders club please stop whining about it. I think it's a great way to give all players a fair opportunity to create and build levels, and who knows. Maybe it will give people the chance to build a better level, because now they have the resources necessary to do so.

P.S. Not going to grammar check this. Too long hehe //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by:

#849 Before February 2015

Koto

I don't like the special builders club doors and gates.

Wooted by:

#850 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Maybe I'm just not seeing something, but how do you open/close the gates/doors?

OH, is it a gate that only the members of the BC can use? That explains why they were inverted when I placed them. That's neat I guess.

I will update this today.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Wooted by:
Zoey20701434489379513249

Board footer