Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2023-02-12 20:16:37

Core

Re: Discussion: Everybody Edits || Our Silence

Farewell .

I won't be longer helping young players.
For who took care of me . I faded.
Nobody listened to a truthful person. That's right.
Well . I spoke correctly this time . It won't be locked .
Goodbye!
This mystery should root up all dark secrets.

Professional EE dumbarse, formerly known as Theorywork. Know me? Say hi!

Oubliette 2023 2024!

Wooted by: (3)

#27 2023-02-12 20:21:15

Bobithan

aka towwl

Wooted by: (2)

#28 2023-02-12 20:26:56, last edited by dcomet (2023-02-12 20:27:29)

dcomet

hey man i wouldn't have said anything if i didnt receive an email about how the staff team is 1984ing us
i think that's the funniest part, that they went out of their way to tell us that

interrupted my day fr

1xxoWGb.png
X6pVnTA.png
@MAMETCHl on twitter for the pfp artist, @snuffyowo on twitter for the character drawn in the pfp.

Wooted by:

#29 2023-02-12 20:43:27

Kiraninja

I made a severe and continuous lapse in my judgement, and I don’t expect to be forgiven. I’m simply here to apologize.

There's a lot of things I should have done differently but I didn't. And for that, from the bottom of my heart, I am sorry.

I want to apologize to the internet. I want to apologize to anyone who has seen the video. I want to apologize to anyone who has been affected or touched by mental illness, or depression, or suicide. But most importantly I want to apologize to the victim and his family.

For my fans who are defending my actions, please don't. I don’t deserve to be defended. My goal with my content is always to entertain; to push the boundaries, to be all-inclusive. In the world I live in, I share almost everything I do. The intent is never to be heartless, cruel, or malicious.

Like I said I made a huge mistake. I don’t expect to be forgiven, I’m just here to apologize.

I'm ashamed of myself. I’m disappointed in myself. And I promise to be better. I will be better. Thank you.

#30 2023-02-12 21:38:37

theoldinese

i think this is the funniest thing anyone has ever done in the history of the last 8 years of this forum.

i love you

#31 2023-02-12 21:38:56, last edited by Tomahawk (2023-02-12 23:04:13)

Core

Everybody Edits may have been cancelled, but look what I found!
<snip - inappropriate>

Everybody Edits 2 is REAL!

EDIT: I plan to off myself on February 30th as a result of my inability to correctly send an image.
<snip - inappropriate>

EVERYBODY EDITS 2 IS REAL LET'S GOOO!

Oubliette 2023 2024!

#32 2023-02-12 21:39:30, last edited by theoldinese (2023-02-12 23:08:20)

theoldinese

Core wrote:

Everybody Edits may have been cancelled, but look what I found!
<snip - inappropriate>

Everybody Edits 2 is REAL!

no way is that snip!?

edit: i love snip

#33 2023-02-12 21:42:20, last edited by Tomahawk (2023-02-12 23:04:58)

Core

no way is that <snip>?

CONTENT WARNING: Language

Oubliette 2023 2024!

#34 2023-02-12 21:43:37, last edited by theoldinese (2023-02-12 22:52:59)

theoldinese

DUDE WHO THE **** BANNED ME FROM EEO SERVER WHAT THE ****

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

#35 2023-02-12 22:48:16

Joeyjoey65

can u guys stop acting so weird loll

#36 2023-02-12 22:57:51

NoNK

*kisses you*

#37 2023-02-12 23:06:04

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

This got weird. Don't be weird.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#38 2023-02-12 23:08:48, last edited by theoldinese (2023-02-12 23:11:57)

theoldinese

Tomahawk wrote:

This got weird. Don't be weird.

hey i think you missed the dog taking a fat deuce?

#39 2023-02-13 04:11:16, last edited by N1KF (2023-02-13 04:11:35)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

This is a bit frustrating. EE has thrived from the original staff team's communication on the blog. Having this taken away, and put fully in the responsibility of the staff is something new and is naturally going to make people worry. Especially if they're perceived as not taking feedback, like Kira expressed with the Moth smiley.

I enjoyed seeing Musearys's interactions in Discord, even if they shouldn't have been the sole communication about EE!. I'm glad the blog has been updated with its own final post, solving any concerns I had about the blog having outdated info.

For those thinking EE!'s progress is dead, read the Our Silence thread more carefully. It mentions quite a few promising marks of progress overlooked by this thread and I hope to see what comes from them.

Wooted by: (2)

#40 2023-02-13 10:44:11

Kiraninja

#41 2023-02-13 12:32:29

Abiqi
Formerly Excoluss

Isn’t this whole thread an actual example of why such decisions are made in the first place

Not today...

#42 2023-02-13 13:35:07

dcomet

Abiqi wrote:

Isn’t this whole thread an actual example of why such decisions are made in the first place

However, the toxic minority has hurt our willingness to engage with the community as we know that each time we do, it often results in us, our colleagues, or community members, being attacked or trash-talked in spaces we have little to no control over.

Yes. Does that make it a good decision? Absolutely not. It's like detonating a nuclear bomb to stop three burglars.

1xxoWGb.png
X6pVnTA.png
@MAMETCHl on twitter for the pfp artist, @snuffyowo on twitter for the character drawn in the pfp.

#43 2023-02-14 02:26:16

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

dcomet wrote:

Yes. Does that make it a good decision? Absolutely not. It's like detonating a nuclear bomb to stop three burglars.

How bad are these burglars? In mutantdevle's post from 2022 he mentioned it as bad enough that it's happening on other platforms, multiple peoples' mental health are being negatively affected, and that people left the Staff over this.

I suspect most of us don't know what the Staff faces, and I have to wonder who, and what exactly is responsible for causing such a drastic response.

#44 2023-02-14 10:19:52

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

If every leak and announcement is like kicking a bees nest and getting stung, then the obvious conclusion is to not kick the nest. Doing PR for EE has been a masochistic role for the best part of a decade, and this result was probably overdue.

dcomet wrote:

It's like detonating a nuclear bomb to stop three burglars.

And therefore what? Staff should grow a pair and keep getting hit? Do you see the irony of criticising staff, and then criticising their response to criticism, all in a thread made by a toxic **** whose purpose in life is to say **** things to good people?

We're not in a position to assert how badly drama and negativity have affected the staff. They're just regular people with good intentions trying their best, and we certainly wouldn't do a better job alongside them or in their place, because it's been tried.

Obviously it's frustrating for the majority, but it doesn't actually matter that much, and if people took a vibe check and stopped treating EE like a United Nations summit, we might deserve to be included.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (4)

#45 2023-02-14 10:43:51, last edited by Kiraninja (2023-02-14 10:53:46)

Kiraninja

Tomahawk wrote:

If every leak and announcement is like kicking a bees nest and getting stung, then the obvious conclusion is to not kick the nest. Doing PR for EE has been a masochistic role for the best part of a decade, and this result was probably overdue.

dcomet wrote:

It's like detonating a nuclear bomb to stop three burglars.

And therefore what? Staff should grow a pair and keep getting hit? Do you see the irony of criticising staff, and then criticising their response to criticism, all in a thread made by a toxic **** whose purpose in life is to say **** things to good people?

We're not in a position to assert how badly drama and negativity have affected the staff. They're just regular people with good intentions trying their best, and we certainly wouldn't do a better job alongside them or in their place, because it's been tried.

Obviously it's frustrating for the majority, but it doesn't actually matter that much, and if people took a vibe check and stopped treating EE like a United Nations summit, we might deserve to be included.

When faced with criticism, it can be tempting to react defensively or dismissively. However, taking a smart, thoughtful approach to addressing criticism can be much more productive and effective in the long run.

First and foremost, it is important to listen carefully to the criticism being leveled and seek to understand the perspective of the person or group offering it. Even if the criticism feels unfair or unfounded, taking the time to truly hear and acknowledge the other person's point of view can help to de-escalate the situation and create a foundation for more productive communication.

Once you have a clear understanding of the criticism, it can be helpful to ask follow-up questions to clarify any points of confusion or gain additional context. This can demonstrate a willingness to engage in a constructive dialogue and can also help to uncover any underlying issues or concerns that may be contributing to the criticism.

From there, it is important to assess the validity of the criticism and determine whether or not any changes or actions are necessary. Even if the criticism is unwarranted, there may be aspects of it that can be learned from or used to improve in some way. On the other hand, if the criticism is valid and there are areas where improvement is needed, it is important to acknowledge this and take appropriate steps to address the issue.

When responding to criticism, it can be helpful to do so in a calm and measured manner, avoiding defensiveness or hostility. Instead, focus on expressing a willingness to listen and learn, and offer specific plans or actions that will be taken to address any valid concerns or issues.

It is also important to maintain a sense of perspective and recognize that criticism, while often uncomfortable or even painful, can be an opportunity for growth and improvement. By approaching criticism with an open mind and a willingness to learn, we can turn even negative experiences into valuable lessons that can help us to become smarter, more effective, and more empathetic individuals.

While criticism can be difficult to receive, it is important to approach it with a smart, thoughtful mindset that prioritizes listening, understanding, and growth. By doing so, we can turn even negative experiences into opportunities for learning and improvement, and ultimately become better, more effective versions of ourselves, which wasn't the case in this situation to say the least.

Wooted by: (5)

#46 2023-02-14 16:54:14

Kirby

like i know youre trolling but harassment != criticism and lets not pretend that like anything you've posted has been constructive

#47 2023-02-14 18:20:28, last edited by Kiraninja (2023-02-14 18:23:47)

Kiraninja

Tomahawk wrote:

Do you see the irony of criticising staff, and then criticising their response to criticism, all in a thread made by a toxic **** whose purpose in life is to say **** things to good people?

Do you see the irony of you being a Forum Mod attempting to make fun me and then calling me a toxic ****? I do.
Do you also see that you are part of the problem painting yourself as you call them, "part of the good people"? I do.

Do I see the irony of Mutantdevle explicitly saying that he wouldn't engage with the community but supports this kind of behavior? I do.

Thank you for setting a good example of your values, both of you.

Kirby wrote:

like i know youre trolling but harassment != criticism and lets not pretend that like anything you've posted has been constructive

Crazy revelation. How do you want people to be constructive when they literally just announced they wouldn't engage with the community? Mutantdevle wooting the post makes it all the more funnier.

This situation is embarrassing, honestly.

#48 2023-02-14 18:56:47

frostflare

Kiraninja wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Do you see the irony of criticising staff, and then criticising their response to criticism, all in a thread made by a toxic **** whose purpose in life is to say **** things to good people?

Do you see the irony of you being a Forum Mod attempting to make fun me and then calling me a toxic ****? I do.
Do you also see that you are part of the problem painting yourself as you call them, "part of the good people"? I do.

Do I see the irony of Mutantdevle explicitly saying that he wouldn't engage with the community but supports this kind of behavior? I do.

Kirby wrote:

Crazy revelation. How do you want people to be constructive when they literally just announced they wouldn't engage with the community? Mutantdevle wooting the post makes it all the more funnier.

after spending a few hours trying to decide whether or not i should chime in to this? this kind of needs to be said.

look! everyone agrees that any game needs a strong and thriving community to help grow and sustain it for years to come. and certain comments made by the current administration was not only disheartening, but came off as an insult and a slap in the face to anyone who helped build up EE over these last ten years. But the only thing you manage to accomplish with your words guise as criticism and feedback has not only sewn disorder and chaos among the site. but you justified recent actions from staff as well.

#49 2023-02-14 19:46:33

Kiraninja

frostflare wrote:
Kiraninja wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Kirby wrote:

after spending a few hours trying to decide whether or not i should chime in to this? this kind of needs to be said.

look! everyone agrees that any game needs a strong and thriving community to help grow and sustain it for years to come. and certain comments made by the current administration was not only disheartening, but came off as an insult and a slap in the face to anyone who helped build up EE over these last ten years. But the only thing you manage to accomplish with your words guise as criticism and feedback has not only sewn disorder and chaos among the site. but you justified recent actions from staff as well.

I don't think you understand what's going on Mr Frostflare.

#50 2023-02-14 20:44:42

frostflare

Kiraninja wrote:
frostflare wrote:
Kiraninja wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Kirby wrote:

I don't think you understand what's going on Mr Frostflare.

you know, i had honestly anticipated this type of response from you. and frankly you didn't exceed my expectations. because after all, this is you we're talking about. but really kira, what is there to understand about a grown man behaving like a petty **** with no life over the internet.

Kiraninja1676406023797188

Board footer