Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2022-12-09 20:46:00

Core

Re: Why the EE development is communicated poorly, and how it hurts us.

I don't think anybody expects EE! to be the exact same as EE. That function is already filled by EEO and smaller online EE servers like EBE. I do understand that a great deal of people won't like EE! when it releases, and another great deal of people will.

I also agree that nostalgia is a terrifying source of toxicity, which makes me question why anyone would choose to buy into EE in the first place. The game was practically dead at the time Muse took over, and pretty much all of us knew EEU wasn't going anywhere either. Unfortunately, by buying EE and using its name for EE!, you'll get people like me who expect the game to be similar to EE/EEU.
If that's what we get, then great, may EE! live on and be successful.

But as you said, EE! is not going to be EE. It's going to be something new. At that point... the hell was the point of buying EE? I wonder of Muse would've ever had to go through all of this if she hadn't bought the game from Xeno. The game wouldn't be so bound by expectant "doomer" nostalgists like me, anyone who was interested in what it would become would still be there to support it, and those of us who are only really there becoming more and more disappointed as every leak strays further and further away from what most of us expected to see when EE was bought out by GGRID. It seems, at least to me, that for Muse to have gotten what she wanted it would've been better to not attach the dying remnants of a community to her new project and then starve them of what little hope they may have gained from the takeover.

It doesn't help that since EEU seemed so promising as a spiritual successor to EE and then got culled off, people probably expected EE! to take its place then and there, not over a year in development without anything to play or even really look at besides a few sprites that the Kira post we were told to ignore clearly demonstrates aren't very well received. Buy hey, moth smileys, woohoo!

I'd like to think us doomer folk can at least take it with a grain of salt. Yes, covid was a major cause for concern, and yes, development was pretty much ground to a halt due to the situation in Ukraine. If Muse is waiting for those devs to return safely to continue EE! progress, then sure! But, uh, you know what you could do in the meantime, with those devs you have sitting around who weren't caught up in any of that? An EEU update wouldn't go unloved, I think. Even if it's just migrating it over to a new login system so people can register and find out what it's all about. It'd keep us nostalgists happy, probably, and gives us at least something to do while we wait for EE! to release. Like, come on, how long could it take to code spikes and effects into EEU? I want to make ridiculously hard spike levels that no one wants to play on EEU, damn it!

Professional EE dumbarse, formerly known as Theorywork. Know me? Say hi!

Oubliette 2023 2024!

Wooted by: (3)

#27 2022-12-09 21:01:02

NoNK

Core wrote:

Too long didn't read.

I don't appreciate this mindset and I think it's harmful to the health of the forum. As a whole this thread has generated more content than we have seen in months, even years of EE! development, and this is how you respond? It's downright ungrateful to the contributors ITT who deserve respect and eyes reading the posts they worked hard on making. We should strive to encourage discussion for the sake of discussion. I want everyone in this thread to know that I've read and appreciated your posts, and I hope you will treat mine with the same level of dignity.

Kiraninja wrote:

actually u bring nothing of value either except a wall of text no one is going to read

I read it, and I will read it a second time just to spite you. I will read all the text in this thread. When I go for a walk today, I'm going to listen to this thread as an audiobook. Feel mad yet?

#28 2022-12-09 21:10:09

Core

NoNK wrote:

I don't appreciate this mindset and I think it's harmful to the health of the forum. As a whole this thread has generated more content than we have seen in months, even years of EE! development, and this is how you respond? It's downright ungrateful to the contributors ITT who deserve respect and eyes reading the posts they worked hard on making. We should strive to encourage discussion for the sake of discussion. I want everyone in this thread to know that I've read and appreciated your posts, and I hope you will treat mine with the same level of dignity.

Too short, skipped.

Oubliette 2023 2024!

#29 2022-12-09 22:32:23

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Core wrote:

But as you said, EE! is not going to be EE. It's going to be something new. At that point... the hell was the point of buying EE? I wonder of Muse would've ever had to go through all of this if she hadn't bought the game from Xeno. The game wouldn't be so bound by expectant "doomer" nostalgists like me, anyone who was interested in what it would become would still be there to support it, and those of us who are only really there becoming more and more disappointed as every leak strays further and further away from what most of us expected to see when EE was bought out by GGRID. It seems, at least to me, that for Muse to have gotten what she wanted it would've been better to not attach the dying remnants of a community to her new project and then starve them of what little hope they may have gained from the takeover.

It doesn't help that since EEU seemed so promising as a spiritual successor to EE and then got culled off, people probably expected EE! to take its place then and there, not over a year in development without anything to play or even really look at besides a few sprites that the Kira post we were told to ignore clearly demonstrates aren't very well received. Buy hey, moth smileys, woohoo!

Is this just about the graphics? Because that and the plans to remove music blocks are like, the main things that stick out to me as far as the original content being replaced. I'm sure somebody's going to try modding old graphics into the new EE though https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

If anything, EEU is more different in some ways. Sure the graphics are closer to EEF's, but the physics are definitely off as many people have pointed out.

An EEU update wouldn't go unloved, I think. Even if it's just migrating it over to a new login system so people can register and find out what it's all about. It'd keep us nostalgists happy, probably, and gives us at least something to do while we wait for EE! to release. Like, come on, how long could it take to code spikes and effects into EEU? I want to make ridiculously hard spike levels that no one wants to play on EEU, damn it!

Unfortunately it seems the current dev team tries to avoid doing anything associated with EEU. It took months to update the outdated message in EEU suggesting it would continue to get updates. I asked if I could share some physics code of EEU (which I got from LukeM IIRC), and the idea was dismissed. I also doubt that the unused graphics for EEU will be released anytime soon. If it's related to two people involved in developing and creating the graphics, then that's a shame, that these two people drag down anything remotely related to the game.

Effect blocks are also available in EEU, but only a few of them.

#30 2022-12-09 23:04:11

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Kiraninja wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

EDIT: Kira's post exemplifies many of the points I have made here. Besides this edit acknowledging it, I would encourage everyone in this thread to ignore it and not respond because it adds nothing of value to this discussion.

actually u bring nothing of value either except a wall of text no one is going to read

Be nice.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#31 2022-12-09 23:19:34

Joeyjoey65

Tomahawk wrote:
Kiraninja wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

EDIT: Kira's post exemplifies many of the points I have made here. Besides this edit acknowledging it, I would encourage everyone in this thread to ignore it and not respond because it adds nothing of value to this discussion.

Be nice.

How-DO-You-Do-Fellow-Kids.jpg

Wooted by: (2)

#32 2022-12-10 00:17:47

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

mutantdevle wrote:

I will be sure to discuss all of those things with Satanya at some point. But while I am glad these points have been raised, for now, it is not a priority.

I'm glad my feedback is being considered. I'd consider this kind of thing a priority, mainly because of how seemingly straightforward yet useful it would be. The logic could be used to procrastinate on this for months, or even years, depending on how EE!'s development goes. It's hard for me as a regular user, to get a grasp on just how much more development the game needs, and how much longer the misinformation will be around.

I guess that would be me. I don't have any personal trauma with the community, I've just seen how it affects others. And I'm quite good at taking criticism and ignoring toxicity in every aspect of my life so I don't expect anything that anyone says in the community to affect me seriously. But my issue is that I simply don't have the time. EE! is still a passion project for everyone involved and I have a job that keeps me very busy.

The obvious solution would probably "just get somebody else" but I'm guessing there's a problem with that as well. GGRiD has paid employees, though I dunno if EE has the budget to spare hiring a community manager.

Besides, I know that even if I - or anyone else - was the one posting updates, a large part of the most toxic criticism and harassment would still make its way back to Satanya simply because she is the one seen as in charge.

I don't understand how this would happen. I'd imagine it would be pretty easy to tell what's harassment or not. Maybe the harassment is happening on other platforms, which is something I hadn't considered, and another level of disturbing.

Wooted by:

#33 2022-12-10 01:41:39

Zumza

Why the EE development is communicated poorly, and how it hurts us.

Very good worded title, it hurts us indeed, both non-staff and staff, imho.

Firstly, I would like to express my concern on how this "breeding ground for toxicity", to quote Mutant, is making / made our owners emotionally unwell. (Satanya & Xeno) I cannot help to notice that we're starting to have a history on that.
(Disclaimer: As I don't frequent the discord, I'll just presume the veracity of Kiraninja mentions of outbursts)

I do also share the opinion that it is good for Satanya to space herself from this community, if that's the case.
I would also suggest letting Mutant in charge of all community PR, if he doesn't mind to, as he self-proclaimed to have a larger stoic battery than average.

From what I understand from Mutant posts, inquiring about the state of development affect a majority of staffs' mental health, as there's an loaded inherited pressure in those.
But maybe he can be the bridge we need.

I understand that current applied policy is to distance the entire progress done to the game to fence off any possible negativity. But I, like others, do not agree with this option.

I would like to reiterate something I said, and I say it with sorrow: The biggest asset that was bought within the  Xeno-Satanya transaction was this community, and what you're currently doing is a bad asset management.

We share a history of disappointments and our trust in owners was severely damaged. This is where I presume an instinctual negativity towards staff comes from.
But continuing like this will  damage it even further. I feel this is observable: last time I posted on this forum, Kiraninja was writing about how "The Sun rises again". However, now I sense him bitter again.

If this management is as good as I presume it to be, then it should be easy to prove through accessible occasional forums announcements on progress that our worries are false. And I believe that if you do that, the negative attitude will diminish and maybe it will even turn into the positive fuel that you need.

To reiterate once more: The biggest asset that was bought was this community, and what you're currently doing is a bad asset management imho. Please stop appearing as if you're incapable of maintaining your payed assets. How can someone skeptical have faith in your management if you do that? For how long will those who still believe in you will continue to do so? This can't last. You have to stop losing your assets. By the time EE! is going to be released they won't care about it anymore. You're burning money. You need to seek to retain as much of the bought player base as possible, not flaunt about how you don't care about people leaving and how it is better for you. It is not. It can't be. Please find a solution such that you do not appear as if you're ill maintaining the player base, do not appear as if you're destroying your own business before making it better. I sense that we feel that this is wrong.

Please, stop pretending that things are going ok if they are not.
Let's share the worries together.

What happened to those Ukrainian developers? Are all of them working now?
If not, why do you still keep them? By this time they already forgot the code base, I don't believe they have that value anymore.

Why do you not hire developers with less experience?
I am sorry to say this, but having a team of devs with 25+ years of experience that do free-lancing instead of having a stable senior management position in a company is not specifically a good quality indicator. I'm not accusing anyone, but I've seen in smaller communication groups how people distrust that claim.

And I am sorry for ending in such a pessimistic way, and I am saying this kindly, assuming things aren't going well:  you must set up an objective point where you should stop this project. It cannot be healthy to live up to the expectations of this community forever, to push money in forever, whilst destroying your own happiness and health in the process, expecting to have a game finished at some point. I'm sorry to say this, but I want to make clear against that vocal vile group: I and likely many others will agree that you mustn't feel remorse if you decide not to continue.

I thank all of you for all the effort

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#34 2022-12-10 09:13:18

Edilights
Website

I would like to hope that EE users are enough patient how to figure out something of this discussion.
Why someone wouldn't complain about the community's aspects ? Simple , nobody will have the idea where their former or old friends gone to.
I mentioned that because I am not only person who is thinking about .
Everybody brought a branch to do anything where is related strictly to the game . What should it be your reaction over unrevealed things?

#35 2022-12-10 13:57:45

Gosha

Joeyjoey65 wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Kiraninja wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

Be nice.

https://techcrunch.com/wp-content/uploa … w-Kids.jpg

it's been so long there are no kids on these forums anymore lol

Wooted by: (4)

#36 2022-12-10 17:28:08

Konbai

Joeyjoey65 wrote:

And I understand that there's a war going on with the dev team. Nothing we can do about that but wait, excluding that I think the preparations until they return wasn't handled the best either. But it is what it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just hope it would be worth waiting for after all these years.

hold on i just hopped onto the forums WHAT WAR?

EE name ~ megacraft45

Wooted by:

#37 2022-12-10 17:29:10

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Konbai wrote:
Joeyjoey65 wrote:

And I understand that there's a war going on with the dev team. Nothing we can do about that but wait, excluding that I think the preparations until they return wasn't handled the best either. But it is what it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ukraine war and stuff
also hi didnt expect to see you here

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#38 2022-12-10 18:18:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

The point of 'why bother buying the game if it's not going to be the same and you're not going to retain the community' is a valid one. In hindsight, just making a new game inspired by EE might have been a better financial decision. But I disagree that not making a significant effort to keep the current community hyped would be the worst financial decision ever. Holding the legal rights to the name 'Everybody Edits' connects it strongly to that history and brings name recognition. I'm certain there will be some people who'd check out the new game just because they remember playing the original EE at some point - whether they were social within the community or not. Creating something new would also have meant a period of time without any news. Except in our current circumstances, there WILL be people who check it out once they hear of it again whereas if the title was unrelated to EE the number of people who'd still be interested would be greatly decreased. We also don't want to just make a game inspired by EE, we do want it to be identifiable as an EE sequel. But to clarify my point, we aren't going to make decisions about the game's design just to cater to veterans of the game. So inevitably, there will be some who dislike some of the changes made in the final product.

N1KF wrote:

Maybe the harassment is happening on other platforms

It is. I'd consider this forum to be the most sensible and constructive place for conversations about EE.

Zumza wrote:

made our owners emotionally unwell.

I'd like to clarify that Satanya is not the only person who has worked on EE! whose mental health has been negatively affected. Behind the scenes, we've even have had people come and go. Even if people behind the scenes aren't actively a part of the community, they have still seen comments that people have made. That's a large part of why Satanya stopped leaking graphics as much. Seeing how part of the community behaves can be very demotivating and I do not blame anyone who has taken one look at how toxic we can be and decided they don't want to be a part of the project.

Zumza wrote:

ast time I posted on this forum, Kiraninja was writing about how "The Sun rises again". However, now I sense him bitter again.

Apparently he was trolling the whole time. When we're at a point where we can't even trust that the positivity is genuine you can understand why people want to spend time away or just not be involved at all.

Zumza wrote:

What happened to those Ukrainian developers? Are all of them working now?
If not, why do you still keep them?

No. Progress is being made where it can be and despite everything, last I heard, there is still some enthusiasm for the project. Everyone's job is open for them if/when they are able to come back. But you are right that it is best we hire more people.
However,

Zumza wrote:

you must set up an objective point where you should stop this project.

We have one. Ending the project and moving on is something that has been spoken about. Currently, there is a plan in place but if that plan fails then there's a chance it will mean giving up. So in answer to anyone reasoning why we don't hire more people: naturally we're not going to spend money if we're not 100% certain the project will continue. But if it is successful, then yes, hiring more people is absolutely what we're going to do. If the project does end, then we'll definitely update people on it and I will make sure that everywhere people might look for news about EE, such as on the blog, will contain that information. I'm sure people will have more questions such as what our current plan is, when we will make that decision by, or what happens afterwards, but I am not looking to answer those questions right now. In the meantime, no news is good news.

At this point, I don't think it's necessary to make any update posts or announcements unless we have something tangibly positive to announce. Progress updates, even when positive, just don't feel like they're tangible enough when we know it's just going to get the toxic people talking again. It just isn't worth it unless the rest of the community that we do appreciate actually gets something tangible out of it.

Zumza wrote:

I would also suggest letting Mutant in charge of all community PR, if he doesn't mind to,

Community manager is one of my roles on the team and I am more than happy to take on more of it. Previously, my contributions to that role has mostly been behind the scenes. Satanya really enjoys the idea of interacting with the community. Sharing small bits of information, teasing people with graphics and making update posts are all really fun things to do. But those experiences have been ruined for her by the need for some people to always be negative in unconstructive ways. Feedback has always been appreciated but the vast majority of 'criticism' has been malicious. So you can understand why she would want to step away from that. My only issue is that my job does keep me very busy. Could I spend more of my free time interacting with and planning things for the EE community? Yes. I definitely could. But, while the toxicity has never affected my mental health or made me lose faith in the project, I would be lying if I said that I had much enthusiasm or felt like I had much incentive to invest my time into doing that. Part of what keeps me mentally healthy is that I avoid engaging in meaningless negativity and part of me feels that I'd be forced to engage with it if I become more active again.

And then further to that, as I've mentioned earlier, I know that if I was more active then the toxicity won't exclusively be about me: today I have seen people trash-talking a member of the EE! team who isn't even involved in this thread, just because they were talking about this topic and felt like mocking someone I guess? I fully expected that to happen the moment I made my first post here. The only thing that surprises me is that it wasn't directed at Satanya for once. But idk if that makes it better or worse. I'm just grateful that that member of staff is unlikely to ever see those comments. The more active the EE! team is, the more we remind those sorts of people that EE! exists and therefore the more often they make those sorts of comments. I don't even think they're trying to be toxic. People have frustrations and that's their way of venting that. But my message to those people is that the EE! team sees more than you realise. I see almost everything and ignore it; I very rarely pass it on. But you are making those comments in public spaces. When you're talking about people, it often makes its way back to them eventually. Even if it's weeks later. It can often be worse when it's weeks later, because if there was plenty more people being positive, then by that time the positivity has died down and all that person is left with is the nasty thing you've said about them. So if you are the kind of person who feels the need to say nasty things to make yourself feel better, then all I ask is that you do it in your own private places, such as DMs with your friends. And please stop making it personal. Comments expressing disappointment that you don't believe the game will ever be released are fine. But when you start personally attacking and mocking individuals as a way of coping with that belief, that's when it becomes toxic - and that isn't healthy for you either.

All that being said, as we head into the Christmas Holidays I will have considerably more free time until the new year. So I would be interested to know, besides updates about the game, what would you want to see from us/me that you think will help keep you engaged whilst we wait? Because I am very much open to ideas. And if it does feel like people are genuinely interested in content that isn't just news, then that would certainly motivate me to get more involved. If you use Twitter, then the official Everybody Edits page should be a nice source of smiles and nose exhales from time to time: https://twitter.com/EverybodyEdits, but besides that and the people who are active in the discord server, there isn't really much going on right now.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#39 2022-12-10 18:57:35

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I appreciate that the Staff are speaking up despite the harassment they're facing.

mutantdevle wrote:

All that being said, as we head into the Christmas Holidays I will have considerably more free time until the new year. So I would be interested to know, besides updates about the game, what would you want to see from us/me that you think will help keep you engaged whilst we wait? Because I am very much open to ideas. And if it does feel like people are genuinely interested in content that isn't just news, then that would certainly motivate me to get more involved. If you use Twitter, then the official Everybody Edits page should be a nice source of smiles and nose exhales from time to time: https://twitter.com/EverybodyEdits, but besides that and the people who are active in the discord server, there isn't really much going on right now.

Some ideas:

Maybe a weekly or monthly prompt for creating EEO and EEU levels. Almost like a contest, but you wouldn't need to judge it. Or maybe some other community spotlight, where people can submit EE-related content like sprites, levels, and comics and have it featured on Twitter or wherever the Staff communicate. These forums have been starved for creative content lately outside of a few EEO mods and it could help encourage creativity.

#40 2022-12-10 21:14:01

theoldinese

hi

#41 2022-12-10 23:12:28

Kirby

once the twitter account tweeted about cold world and that was cool, more tweets that are ee related would be neat (like map showcases or ee trivia fun fact things ( I Love Everybody Edits Lore ))

#42 2022-12-11 08:51:59

Core

Kirby wrote:

once the twitter account tweeted about cold world and that was cool, more tweets that are ee related would be neat (like map showcases or ee trivia fun fact things ( I Love Everybody Edits Lore ))

Surface tweet when?

Oubliette 2023 2024!

Wooted by:

#43 2022-12-11 20:49:59

Introduction

I just want to play boss to code again //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

when your signature makes about half your comment //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#44 2022-12-11 22:23:33

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Introduction wrote:

I just want to play boss to code again //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Let's blame Adobe https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#45 2022-12-15 17:02:29

skullz17

Honestly this is probably the most productive discussion I have seen on this forum, a lot of different ideas being discussed without it devolving into toxicity. Also shoutout to mutantdevle for consistently giving excellent responses in threads like this.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#46 2022-12-22 05:26:18

NoNK

Konbai wrote:
Joeyjoey65 wrote:

I like your avatar, what's it from?

#47 2022-12-26 08:44:54

soniiiety

WOW! wooohooooo! MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAA its me im back! The legendary SONYTV! hehehhee, i cant believe it! A new big awesome discussion! I love it!  Its been a long time since i talked! But yeah!, may you all have fun here and enjoy the reminiscing of our past!.

I was once the king of EE, how it was fun to troll boss to code and other boring games, when i was 14 on ee, i would never do that again tho,  in 2014, i cant believe so many still alive!, also i found it I have dyslexia and maybe some adhd too, and that i did have autism, but not in the way people in the past thiught i did.

Also HELLO SNOWPATH!(Snowester) hi zumza! Ready to eat some blocks like a frog feom zuma? LOL etc.

Wow nike well done! I am very happy that you made this thread, its been a long timesince i actually used the forums, it might be because i was hacked, or broken internet, but yeah hopefully its all fixed now, and have my privacy!. Also  I remember how some peoe cheated to get our team to work, i wanted to jointhe map on blocks competition, it was mr smithy and joe i think? Our team won 200 gems! We came first in EE designing blocks, cant believe they did that to me!.

Anyways it was fun, i made a toilet block and computer block, with a little locker block, sucks i never got see what the map was like!

#48 2022-12-29 01:00:56

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

After reading through every post on this topic, I certainly agree with how the game was managed over the years. There were many times where the community felt out of touch with each other, including all the drama and toxicity that occured over the years. I also admit that I had fallen into being a bit toxic myself either without realizing it, or just simply didn't know what I was thinking at the time, which I believe that some of us can relate to. There were also a lot of times where I would, (at least unintentionally or intentionally try) to be oblivious to the issues around the game, but many times, I just simply could not ignore them, especially if they were too serious to pass them off or something. (Idk how else to word this.)

While I still have fond memories of EE, I regretfully have to say that I am too uncertain about how the future of EE will turn out now that all these issues were addressed on the forums regarding about the community, game, and many other things.

Since I don't have any high, nor any low expectations for the future of EE, all I could do now is to simply wait and see how everything will turn out.

"𝓗𝓘𝓖𝓗 𝓠𝓤𝓐𝓛𝓘𝓣𝓨" non-animated signature.
MfF1IHH.png
You know this eagle ain't lying when he can smell things miles away from him, all thanks to his super powerful sense of smell. (Idc if this image doesn't fit, lol.)
Idk what my profile icon is supposed to be, lol. Activeness: Infrequent ¯\_(º_o)_/¯
Boring fact: Used to have a 709+ daystreak, but lost it due to my memory error...and then eventually lost my 263+ daystreak, also due to my memory error. (Was I sane at that time...?)
Fun fact: If you happen to see my username or Sticksam on Twitter/x or on other sites, that's actually a different person, NOT me. I never use Twitter/x. I just wanted to clear up the confusion a bit for those who are not aware of this, lol.
I honestly know little to nothing about them when I first saw those names on the internet. XD (Might have to give myself a bit of a different nickname at some point in the future.)

#49 2023-01-10 03:16:32

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

It's been a month since this statement was made:

mutantdevle wrote:

I agree that the blog needs an official ending mentioning the cancellation of EEU and a link to where more information can be found. I agree that the discord should be linked more visibly on the forums and on the EE website itself. I also think we should make an update post on the forums that is informative and officially states that we do not feel like we owe any more updates to the community until we are ready to market the game. I will be sure to discuss all of those things with Satanya at some point. But while I am glad these points have been raised, for now, it is not a priority.

In addition, this statement was made, but nothing came from it except a few Tweets:

All that being said, as we head into the Christmas Holidays I will have considerably more free time until the new year. So I would be interested to know, besides updates about the game, what would you want to see from us/me that you think will help keep you engaged whilst we wait?

To me, it seems weird that the EE Twitter account can be regularly updated, but the EE Blog can be ghosted for two years. At some point, the EE! staff will have to make another blog post. It can't keep saying EEU is sending invites, because that's not what's happening.

I don't know when the new EE is coming. Even with steady progress, it could take years to release for all we know, as many games do. From my perspective, it seems wreckless to have misinformation still around, potentially for years to come.

Eventually, EE! will have to face peoples' scrutiny. I have doubts that the few people sending harassment would be satisfied even when EE! is here. Even some of the people politely critical of EE! aren't satisfied with the teasers. As suggested by some staff member before (possibly in this thread but I forgot), the engagement from EE!'s release would hopefully be enough to counter whatever niche harassment is going on.

-

For the non-staff people, I think the most productive way to handle this in the meantime would be to counter the negativity with productive feedback. I hesitate to put a call to action, because I know my history of putting insincere motivators in my forum posts. So, do whatever you need to do with this info.

#50 2023-01-21 19:50:45, last edited by Kiraninja (2023-01-21 20:06:40)

Kiraninja

This once again, leads to nothing.

I'm not being negative or toxic about it, It's just the reality that we have to accept. For many years now, the staff has been counter-intuitive and deceived their own community with baseless lies, false promises and so on. In my eyes, this is much worse than the community complaining about said issue.
"We are working on Unity"
"We promise you a new version of EE fully optimized after flash dies"
"EEU is coming in early 2019 fully built"
"Etc, etc, etc".

It's a common recurrence in the history of EE staff team and has been going downhill since the end of Benjaminsen era. All this false hype created to keep the community alive, has infact been working. We sticked around for many years hoping that those claims were true and we stayed loyal to the game till the end and beyond. 
The pillar of the game isn't the staff team, but the community. Without the community, there is no multiplayer game. An argument can be made that the contrary is also true: Without the multiplayer game, there is no community.

I sincerely, we sincerely remained devoted to this game we loved spending hours on, and even now, 2 years after flash's death we are present. There is an entire community working on mods, TAS, worlds, sharing projects in the offline version of the game because we truly enjoy it multiplayer or not. If that doesn't show the devotion and loyalty we have towards the game, I don't know what will. Leaving us in the dark, and deliberately choosing to ignore us will only endanger the future of the game.

As you are already aware, EE!'s general opinion is already at all an time low, and the little trust we had for you at the beginning has progressively faded away throughout the years. The reason why I insisted on the community's loyalty to stick around, is because we are able to help. Not just sit around, be toxic and laugh at you. We have music composers, we have programmers, we have artists, we have graphic designers and much more.

When did you come to us to ask for help?

Cut the ****. Instead of complaining about the community's complaints because of your lack of communication, marketing and management skills, feeding the last trusting loyal members in your half-dead discord server and writing irrelevant posts on twitter that no one ever reads, there is an entire community behind you that are ready to help at any time given the opportunity, help that will drastically enhance the quality of the game in a record time.

The choice is yours. Choose wisely.

Satanya wrote:

Believe it or not we don't owe you updates... We're working on it on our own time with our own money. No one here has paid us anything, and most devs in other companies often times keep silent on games under development. You are not going to get special treatment, whether you whine or stay toxic about it. At this point, move on with your life, or stick around. We're not going to make it pleasant for those of you that can't be patient, and evidently, it seems the unpleasant people are already starting to not have so much fun. Always gotta trust "I've moved on" crowd when they still stick around and act butthurt they aren't getting VIP treatment.

Believe it, that is the absolute worst way to deal with the situation.

NoNK1674694833797063

Board footer