Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#451 2022-09-05 16:29:08

ShadowsEdge

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

To answer your question Elijah, the reason I don't entirely scumread you, I just think you're the scummiest player in the game right now.

Your posts seem more defensive (a quality I associate more with mafia players) rather than inquisitive. Thats why I said it could be a playstyle thing, but even then, the way you interact with people who begin scumreading you makes me think its more likely that you're a mafia upset that they're getting caught.

Also, your reads on Mini and MM specifically strike me the wrong way, since the line of reasoning you take for scumreading MM is faulty at best, for one, people can change their playstyle (I tend to do so between games even as town) so basing an entire read on the fact that they aren't defending you rather than the actual content of their posts looks like you just want a reason to push MM out of the game, especially since you've explicitly stated that you've known MM for years, giving the impression that MM could read you fairly well.

The content from Mini's posts isn't that great, yet you seem so set that they're town just because they had a reaction, mafia can have reactions too, but Mini's posts have had very little in terms of pushing the game forward, except for the town plan, but even then I don't consider those for town points.

I agree with you about the quality of such reads, but that is how he plays, and this kind of play can be surprisingly effective on the long run, especially in small, closely knit communities. That being said, it's immensely crippling when culture clash comes in imo, since "soul reads" often require meta to be really effective.

See my post above for more details. Also, don't lynch him. And perhaps vote Onjit, too? That would be neat //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Voting Onjit seems kind of pointless though, at best MAYBE Onjit is Mafia, but due to the reasons I mentioned in my reads post, I highly doubt that possibility. So more likely than not, it's just a policy lynch on a town, which lowers our numbers and gives us no information.

ShadowsEdge wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

Onjit should post, but I don't think they're mafia

ooo, interesting take. What makes you townnread them (which I what I believe your post implies)? I know they have a trolly meta, but they also had some actual takes, iirc. Here, they're doing absolutely nothing that's remotely serious.

I mentioned before that it's mostly metagame-y, but Onjit tends to go inactive as Town, and active as Mafia, just because his activity is mostly based on his interest in the game. And if not solely for that, Onjit isn't a complete a-hole and wouldn't let his partner handle the game on their own. It could be a double-bluff but I don't think thats the case here.

Oh. So he only disrespects the game as Town? Makes sense... not the first time I see that, and it makes me think "but why even sign up, in this case?" lol. It checks out, though. That being said, I would still take this over a no-lynch because it's really a question mark that we ABSOLUTELY do not want to LYLO; and besides, I am not one to encourage that kind of non-play that goes against the spirit of the game. In this case, though, it's definetly better to look at someone else for the time being. The question is more like "who?".

Yeah, it's pretty annoying, but afaik, Onjit does read the thread, he just tends to be inactive until endgame when things get 'interesting' so he's more invested.

Though, you do have a point about taking Onjit to LYLO, I do think Onjit wouldn't let the town die in LYLO, because as I said, he's not an a-hole, he'll do things he's needed to, he's just not as invested as town. If it really comes down to it, a policy lynch is fine, but with Onjit I don't think lynching him will result in more than that, hence my hesitancy to push for that lynch.

My main suspects were an Elijah and Minimania team, but I'm not entirely sure of that anymore. Part of the reason I suspected that team was due to how hard Elijah defended Minimania with minimal evidence.

ShadowsEdge wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

I didn't even check that for errors

Okay, tldr: Elijah is probably in fact town

Also I meant to respond to this in the other post too, but when I made that post I was talking about my former post, not yours, your post was fine lmao

Oh ok XD
Do you think it's accurate, though?

I mean, I can't speak on the accuracy of the post, because the post is just about Elijah's meta, which, having never played with Elijah before, I can't testify to the validity of. At best I can say that because Elijah was scumreading you and you were willing to backpedal unprovoked to say that Elijah could be town makes me think that you're probably telling the truth about it, so I'm somewhat inclined to believe it. Though I'm still slightly unsure of Elijah.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#452 2022-09-05 16:53:11

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Shadow, who do you suspect if Elijah and Minimania aren't the mafia team

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#453 2022-09-05 17:10:22

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

2b55b5g wrote:
2b55b5g wrote:

i'll unvote for now since i think Mini's idea of providing a hierarchy is a good idea, and i'll probably vote based on the results of that
i'll send mine later

i think i should explain why i havent sent mine yet cuz i've just been wooting posts. this game is hard as hell to solve (at least to me) and im honestly burnt out lol. i tried reading ISOs and i couldnt put energy into doing that.
im still reading the game tho and im trying to think harder

i'll say that i currently townread Mini, he seems like he's genuinely trying to solve the game since he tries to read/reevaluate people (i think reevaluating is more important). he also suggested the hierarchy thing, it might not work but i still think it's a town-motivated suggestion.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#454 2022-09-05 17:11:42

ShadowsEdge

Probably somewhere between you, BB, or Bon Jovi. The other's I'm pretty confident are town, but I'm still thinking that there may be a mafia between you and BB because of the theory I had in D1. Bon Jovi is mostly because of PoE since if its not Elijah and Minimania the others I'd be pretty confident in their towniness.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

Wooted by:

#455 2022-09-05 17:49:37

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Announcement. The slot Onjit is being replaced by Gikkle

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#456 2022-09-05 17:56:08

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

[2] ElijahBaley: ShadowsEdge, Minimania
[1] BuzzerBee: Big Bon Jovi
[1] Big Bon Jovi: Nuclear Gandhi
[1] Gikkle: Marshmallow Marshall
[1] 2b55b5g: ElijahBaley

[5] Not voting: Gikkle, BuzzerBee, Grilyon2, 2b55b5g, Pqwerty

6 majority votes to lock in the choice of elimination.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#457 2022-09-05 18:12:58

Gikkle

Hello everyone.

Anyone got a summary of the interesting stuff that has happened so far? Only 19 pages so I'll be able to read up fairly quick but a summary in the mean time would be helpful.

Wooted by:

#458 2022-09-05 18:17:43

Pqwerty

Uh, we're sort of stuck.

I'm anti-town, Mini proposed looking for townreads above scumreads and averaging town opinions, Elijah is a slot that people are looking into, it's Grilyon's first game but they went MIA with Bon Jovi and your slot. Everything else is really dragging along. Lots of paranoia but people are finding each other, I think. We could use a fresh opinion cuz ours are kinda going stale

#459 2022-09-05 18:18:31

Pqwerty

That's what I can summarize so far.

#460 2022-09-05 18:27:31

Gikkle

What are your current thoughts Pqwerty?

#461 2022-09-05 18:30:44

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

hi gikkle!

here's the isolated post list if you want to look at everyone's posts individually:

(0.) Norwee

1. ShadowsEdge
2. Onjit / Gikkle
3. Marshmallow Marshall
4. 2b55b5g
5. Pqwerty
6. Minimania
7. AllenCaspe9510
8. Big Bon Jovi
9. ElijahBaley
10. BuzzerBee
11. Nuclear Gandhi
12. Grilyon2
13. Lumi

i'm not quite caught up on Day 2 but i'm reading everything right now

currently it looks we have no concrete information (which makes sense in a town without many power roles) and so everyone is going off of their own methods of social deduction, but as you can see from the votes being so split we don't have a clear consensus right now

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#462 2022-09-05 18:38:25

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

one thing i really appreciate from Elijah is that he's pushing to vote people.

i'm actually concerned about all the people who immediately voted for elijah (marshmallow, pqwerty, shadowsedge, and minimania)

elijah seems like the only person today who's actually trying to solve the game and not just waste time

TdQRyz3.png

#463 2022-09-05 18:39:37

ElijahBaley

I actually think it's ShadowsEdge. Like, we can start with any of these null-marks and push them. ShadowsEdge, 2b, they're all good pushes.

#464 2022-09-05 18:41:13

Gikkle

ShadowsEdge wrote:

With only 2 mafia who know each other

How do we know this? I don't see this anywhere in the OP.

#465 2022-09-05 18:41:20

ElijahBaley

...by the way - just to make sure - I hope I am not coming across as some kind of **** or something right now. You see me attacking MM for "calling my play ****", but literally at more or less the same time we're playing SC2 together and having fun with no ill will/tension between us (mafia is such a strange game), so if I'm being too personal or something - it is NOT personal, it's just the game lmao, outside of the game I can be quite a chill dude

#466 2022-09-05 18:43:05

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

also one more thing about elijah, everyone was accusing elijah that he was being too defensive

are y'all forgetting that 6 votes on someone and the day ends?

elijah had 4 votes on him at one point. two more and we would've lynched Elijah who i personally believe is town. why wouldnt he get defensive he's not only trying to save himself but trying to quickly prevent a mislynch

TdQRyz3.png

#467 2022-09-05 18:43:21

ElijahBaley

Gikkle wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

Lmao I'd laugh if that was a scum slip, but... I recall reading that in normal games with 13 players, there are 3 scum. Since we know one of the scum is a traitor, I am guessing that leaves 2 scum that know each other 100%.

#468 2022-09-05 18:45:26

ElijahBaley

The game should have at least one Mafia or Werewolf group (of at least two members). In mini games (at most 13 players), there must be exactly one such group, with no third parties.

This is from the Mafia scum page on Normal Games. @ShadowsEdge how do you know there's only 2 scum?

#469 2022-09-05 18:46:28

Gikkle

ElijahBaley wrote:
Gikkle wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

Lmao I'd laugh if that was a scum slip, but... I recall reading that in normal games with 13 players, there are 3 scum. Since we know one of the scum is a traitor, I am guessing that leaves 2 scum that know each other 100%.

He says it very confidently though. Doesn't even mention that it's just his assumption.

Also a 300 second post cooldown? What's with that lol

#470 2022-09-05 18:46:43

Pqwerty

Gikkle wrote:

I'm at a weird spot rn since I think a lot of people are town.
Grilyon gets a town pass for it being their first game. I like Elijah's responses today so he feels more town to me. I know I'm town. I'm at the point where I need to start reevaluating the people who got an early townread (2B, Shadow, BB, Gandhi) because at the end of the day, not everyone can be town.

#471 2022-09-05 18:49:49

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Gikkle wrote:

Also a 300 second post cooldown? What's with that lol

sorry, we get a lot of spammers and bots here. should be fixed now

TdQRyz3.png

#472 2022-09-05 18:50:19

Gikkle

Pqwerty wrote:
Gikkle wrote:

I'm at a weird spot rn since I think a lot of people are town.
Grilyon gets a town pass for it being their first game. I like Elijah's responses today so he feels more town to me. I know I'm town. I'm at the point where I need to start reevaluating the people who got an early townread (2B, Shadow, BB, Gandhi) because at the end of the day, not everyone can be town.

Why was shadow an early townread?

#473 2022-09-05 18:56:58

Gikkle

Why is gandhi resting his vote on a completely inactive player? what does he expect to gain from that

#474 2022-09-05 19:02:27

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

i think Pqwerty is flying too far under everyone's radar

it's interesting to say "i'm anti-town, lynch me if you want"

well maybe today is the day we get Pqwerty? it seems like everyone is at a stalemate, so lynching Pqwerty would at best get rid of 1 scum and at worst get rid of someone whose role could be detrimental to us moving forward

TdQRyz3.png

#475 2022-09-05 19:02:57

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

**** it

!vote Pqwerty

TdQRyz3.png

Minimania1682495995797736

Board footer