Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#151 2022-07-11 23:04:47

ShadowsEdge

Re: Mafia 51 - Secret Weapon [TOWN + GLADIATOR + SURVIVOR WIN!!!]

Everyone else*

I always read it in preview but I never notice the mistakes until after posting it AAAAAAAAAA

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#152 2022-07-11 23:08:51

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Also, if we actually do end up voting mostly on a flagbearer... they can just... you know.

Claim their modifier!

And i'm sure scum is thinking this is an wonderful fake claim too!

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#153 2022-07-11 23:10:29

ShadowsEdge

Fakeclaiming flagbearer as scum would be dumb: everyone has 2 role modifiers, meaning it's VERY likely there's a Town Sentinel, who could easily out a fake flagbearer.

~BeepnBoop

#154 2022-07-11 23:11:16

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Fakeclaiming flagbearer as scum would be dumb: everyone has 2 role modifiers, meaning it's VERY likely there's a Town Sentinel, who could easily out a fake flagbearer.

perfect jester play

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#155 2022-07-11 23:14:01

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

ShadowsEdge wrote:

We don't really know that for sure.

#156 2022-07-11 23:15:08

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

There might not even be one.

#157 2022-07-11 23:16:23

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

So everyone before deadline please vote their scumread and explain why they scumread them. Ending day on a no lim is completely unacceptable.

#158 2022-07-11 23:17:06

ShadowsEdge

Norwee wrote:

True, but I think the possibility of it would deter would-be flagbearers from claiming it.

~BeepnBoop

#159 2022-07-11 23:18:04

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

ShadowsEdge wrote:

But some of the actions Marshmallow has done don't sit right with me even though they're playing 'towny'. Things like telling people to not accuse them seems odd. I get the reasoning behind it, but it seems like a way to playfully say "don't accuse me." Although, I can see why this might be reading too much into it, as Marshmallow has yet to make a statement on Era's vote.

This reason of scumreading Mallow seems a bit of a stretch. I know their personality probably the best out of everyone here, and they just seem jokey to me there.

Wooted by:

#160 2022-07-11 23:19:34

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

ShadowsEdge wrote:
Norwee wrote:

True, but I think the possibility of it would deter would-be flagbearers from claiming it.

what if a fake sentinel claims //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#161 2022-07-11 23:21:05

ShadowsEdge

2B55B5G TNG wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:
Norwee wrote:

what if a fake sentinel claims //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

If there's a real sentinel, it would just out two scums. Again, same line of reasoning.

~BeepnBoop

#162 2022-07-11 23:21:57

ShadowsEdge

I think the biggest issue is if the real sentinel claims and a fake sentinel counters them. Although a situation like that would just be a 1f1.

~BeepnBoop

#163 2022-07-11 23:28:51

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

This deadline sucks for me because it’s at 09:00 in the morning and i’m an epically late riser. I might not even make the deadline. But i’ll try.

#164 2022-07-11 23:35:36

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

ZeldaXD is online, so I'll take this opportunity to do this:

!vote ZeldaXD

#165 2022-07-11 23:49:36

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Who will be likely online at time between now to deadline? I’m guessing some are from US rather than European and thus would be more likely up at this time?

#166 2022-07-12 00:13:47

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Sorry 2B and N1KF, I do know your pronouns I just wasn't thinking about pronouns when I wrote that post. I'll be sure to be conscious of who I am talking about when posting in the future.

N1KF wrote:

mutantdevle, is there anybody you're suspicious of? You've written a lot but haven't posted any sus readings yet.

Yes. I was originally not planning to give any reads today, but in writing this post I've changed my mind, so see the end for my reads thus far.

Norwee wrote:

Maybe i've just gotten spoiled then cus most sites i've played mafia on since the last game on this site which was forever ago, i've been in company where most players do indeed agree that day 1 elimination is superior to skipping day 1.

Yeah, lynching day 1 is 100% the way to go. No self-respecting mafia site would let itself have a meta of not lynching day 1. But EE is not a mafia site, its mafia games are much more casual and it doesn't have the activity to support day 1 lynching. I gave up trying to convince people that day 1 lynching is optimal years ago. I admit that there is more of a chance of getting a lynch through today due to the outside influence of other mafia players, but I don't have the necessary effort in me to help fight for that.

Norwee wrote:

I'd explain the reasoning but it might go over your head due to how advanced they are.

What is the point of this comment?

Norwee is the only person I'd say I'm suspicious of so far. It's still early game so reasons for criticising others are never going to be the strongest things ever, but I feel like Norwee's attacks against others have been weak because they should know better about the things they are criticising. Norwee has also dodged questions asked and instead has focussed on keeping attention elsewhere. In general, I just feel that they are being intentionally difficult and so far have come across to me as manipulative.

2B I have a strong town read on. She has made an effort to explain her thoughts without always being asked to and when she has been questioned on things I have liked her responses.

Marshmallow and N1KF are slight town so far. I don't have too much of an explanation for these, I just like what they've been doing. I guess the difference is that N1KF is behaving how I'd expect a town person familiar with EE mafia to be behaving and Marshmallow is behaving how I'd expect a town person who is unfamiliar with EE mafia to be behaving.

Everyone else I don't really have an opinion on yet nor do I feel like I have anything to add to the discussions surrounding others.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#167 2022-07-12 02:26:22

AllenCaspe9510
Website

Jesus christ, omg. I'm not gonna win this lol.

N1KF wrote:

AllenCaspe hasn't posted anything of substance so far. Speak up.

I was asleep, I'm also passively reading this thread while the game is still going and as of now. I don't have any accurate reads at the moment, like I get the onjit being suspicious but i barely play any of these mafia fourm games lol. So I don't remember bout this meta gaming stuff onjit history, maybe i've been on steroids or something. Also, I was having weird thoughts about norwee being serial killer again but i don't wanna believe it xd. It's just a random thought.

Norwee wrote:

Also, if we actually do end up voting mostly on a flagbearer... they can just... you know.

Claim their modifier!

And i'm sure scum is thinking this is an wonderful fake claim too!

Hopefully, the sentinel is going to help clear things up. If there is a sentinel.

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

#168 2022-07-12 02:27:17

Marshmallow Marshall

Norwee wrote:

The issue is that if Onjit shows up now it will effectively be because we forced his hand. I saw him online earlier too but he left without saying anything. So it's going to look really forced for him. Or he just continues to avoid.
I know this might be very repetitive bashing on the same player, but since nobody else has really said anything substantive other than Zelda's wrong take of "!sleep because town flagbearer" this is all i got to talk about. And i really like to talk.

That is very true, but it doesn't make what he will say when he actually begins playing seriously pointless. If he's scum going to blunder, he will blunder, even if it's later than sooner. And while he's absolutely not towny and is a better lynch than most other players, I would like to give him a chance to speak up for real today. However, if he's still like this tomorrow... only darkness and death awaits Onjit.

N1KF wrote:

Rereading posts yet again and saw Norwee wrote this on page 1:

Norwee wrote:

Hey you wanna claim major then all power to ya.
I ain't gonna judge.
No discrimination around these parts no sir.

Would a mayor reveal on day 1 be helpful? That would make an obvious nightkill target for the anti-town players, since they have a confirmed, useful townsperson.

Norwee then follows up with this joke, possibly to ease suspicions:

Norwee wrote:

As i am an scum of the mafia alignment i would like for the major to claim now.

I understand Norwee's activity is useful but I can see how he could be evil as well.

I think you may be reading a little too much into this: Norwee likes making that kind of jokes, and that's as any alignment. That's not about Mafia, that's just how he is lol. That being said, I am not saying Norwee is necessarily innocent: he could well be scum trying to take control of the town by being one of the very few posting things that are actually making the game move forward (i.e. non-horrible accusations and pushes). I just don't see this as a prevalent theory right now, considering he could just... shut up, if he were scum. It's not like he'd be an anomaly in this game, after all.

#169 2022-07-12 02:32:55

Marshmallow Marshall

2B55B5G TNG wrote:
Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
!vote mutantdevle

isnt onjit a better vote than mutant? from what you're saying i think onjit is scummier.

also i dont think norwee is jester, if anything he's more like an executioner.

but i do agree with norwee and marshmallow now that i understand the reason

i also don't like zelda's take on !sleep'ing

I can see why you interpreted my posts that way, but no: Onjit is more anti-town (as in, his behavior is really detrimental to town because he makes himself an attention center over having so little content and being a beacon of OMGUS with like 5 posts lol), while Mutant is more scummy (as in, he looks like someone with scum intent trying to discredit people/frame narratives, see what I said about N1KF and "performative"). If Onjit does not change his ways, he will become very suspicious, but for now, I'd rather push what looks more like scum intent than potential "accidental" anti-town behavior.

And yes, if it even needs to be stated, sleeping is really bad lol. It means we have little information to work with tomorrow, as there is no flip and no pressure on scum, so vote count analysis and the like are less likely to reveal anything.

Wooted by:

#170 2022-07-12 02:41:19

Marshmallow Marshall

mutantdevle wrote:
Marshmallow Marshall wrote:

That being said, what I absolutely do not like here is you putting words in N1KF's mouth: never did he say that he was indeed performative (in the meaning of "just trying to look useful"). He said he was LOOKING performative because he was actually trying to do stuff, which absolutely makes sense from a town point of view.

This is a fair point about what N1KF said; though, I don't appreciate the accusation that I was intentionally putting words in his mouth. To me, it felt like his statement was in agreement with what you said.

You not liking my accusation doesn't make it wrong //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I rest my case, although I guess it's technically possible you really misread N!KF's post.

ShadowsEdge wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:
2B55B5G TNG wrote:

im just gonna

!vote Onjit

i also townread marshmallow more than norwee, i think marsh explained why they suspect onjit/mutant better than norwee, and by that i mean marsh saw things in a more neutral way? but also more detailed, and their reason still stands. while norwee was just aggressive

marsh also read other people's behavior more actively while norwee mainly focused on onjit

I would say I townread Norwee more, just because Norwee was under accusation, Marshmallow has hardly had anyone going for their head, except maybe Era and maybe Mutant. The way Marshmallow play seems towny, but could also be the works of a good scum player knowing how to look towny. Norwee would do the same, difference is Norwee seems like an exasperated town with trying to get town to participate and with accusations on him, whereas Marshmallow just seems calculating.

This is a certified Norwee Appreciation Post

Era joke-voted me, which doesn't count as anything lol (speaking of which, it's a little late for joke votes...)

But regarding me being "calculating", I'm just... calm enough?

#171 2022-07-12 03:13:55

Era

You accused onjit at the very start over nothing before they even posted anything and then continued to push that narrative, that is quite suspicious to me. I am not sure why you think I would joke vote you.

#172 2022-07-12 04:32:48

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

There are three and a half hours remaining before the day ends.

#173 2022-07-12 04:54:07

Onjit
Website

Sorry, I've been asleep and then at work for the last 14 hours (I'm on my lunch break so this will be brief)

I just wanted to pop in and say that I didnt really say that much earlier because frankly there isnt much to go on D1 and was kinda just flabbergasted by being double-teamed so quickly

going to pull a "fermats last theorem" and say that i have reads but not enough time to write them (I'll see if I'm still alive at the end of my shift lol)

also going to keep my vote on norbius because it is funny

bye bye

:.|:;

#174 2022-07-12 05:07:42

Althea

Hi, I'm back with purpose. These are some neat roles! I'm going to have to steal some of them for some of my games.

#175 2022-07-12 05:45:04

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Vote list, again.

• (2) Onjit: Marshal (#18 #67) Norwee (#66), 2B55B5G (#141)

• (1) Norwee: Onjit (#108)

• (1) Marshmallow Marshall: Norwee (#43) Era (#114)

• (1) Nobody: ZeldaXD (#116)

• (1) mutantdevle: Marshal (#129)

• (1) ZeldaXD: N1KF (#164)

• (0) N1KF: Marshal (#47)

Marshmallow Marshall1658506235795175

Board footer