Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#126 2022-07-11 21:15:28

Marshmallow Marshall

Re: Mafia 51 - Secret Weapon [TOWN + GLADIATOR + SURVIVOR WIN!!!]

...damnit, this forum does not have autosave. My life just got MUCH worse lol. Rip walls //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

I guess I'll do it as I did a long time ago, spamming multiple posts instead of making big ones.

Norwee wrote:

I couldn’t disagree more about the decision to no lim today.
…but we have extremely little information today due to lack of engagement so i will concede that there might be more reason to just say "this day is pointless" and just skip it.

No lynch because "what if there's a town flagbearer" is a positively terrible idea (especially considering there IS an oppressor that WILL stop us from lynching freely later). This will always be a possibility, but tbh, I dare hope that if there really is a town flagbearer, there also is at least one town sentinel to warn us if we're lynching the flagbearer. Let's not throw the day away, or we just give a free kill to the mafia, relinquish one of our two oppressor-free days early on, and leave the Plaguebearer be.

Wooted by:

#127 2022-07-11 21:19:41

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Marshmallow Marshall wrote:

No lynch because "what if there's a town flagbearer" is a positively terrible idea (especially considering there IS an oppressor that WILL stop us from lynching freely later). This will always be a possibility, but tbh, I dare hope that if there really is a town flagbearer, there also is at least one town sentinel to warn us if we're lynching the flagbearer. Let's not throw the day away, or we just give a free kill to the mafia, relinquish one of our two oppressor-free days early on, and leave the Plaguebearer be.

IK. But they won't listen to us i think. ;(
And they hating on me and think i'm mafia cus i'm voting someone instead of doing ****. It sucks...

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#128 2022-07-11 21:20:48

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

This game be like:

Onjit: Herpaderp
Norwee: I think that's scummy.
Everyone: How dare you imply someone is scummy, are you scum?
Onjit: Ah yes, he must be!

- The end -

#129 2022-07-11 21:21:52

Marshmallow Marshall

mutantdevle wrote:

I get performative vibes from this, as in not natural attempt to look useful like a townie vibes.

What is it about what he's doing that looks *unnatural*?

N1KF wrote:

Of course it's going to look performative

It's interesting that you agree that you're being performative.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

i like shadow, norwee, marshmallow, and N1KF so far because they seem to be leading or at least have some sort of read

I'm very concerned if your attitude to town reads is to blindly trust the most vocal players. That makes you either a very manipulatable townie or someone who is looking for an easy way to generate reads.

Norwee wrote:
N1KF wrote:

This sorta came out of nowhere, since Onjit just made two edgy posts barely related to the game.

This why he is scum.

I'd expect this take from any of the people who are new to this forum. But someone like you who is familiar with Onjit should be fully expecting Onjit to do this kind of thing. So I find it very strange that you would think this.

I don't know, N1KF's post looked like "heyyy I want insights look at me!!" a little bit. However, I liked their reply (i.e. "nothing is happening, so someone has to do something"), despite not being entirely convinced right away. That being said, what I absolutely do not like here is you putting words in N1KF's mouth: never did he say that he was indeed performative (in the meaning of "just trying to look useful"). He said he was LOOKING performative because he was actually trying to do stuff, which absolutely makes sense from a town point of view.

!vote mutantdevle

#130 2022-07-11 21:26:22

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

What pinged me more about Mutant is how he seemed to be sermoning 2B for townreading certain players.
Like: "Oh no, you're not allowed to townread someone for that".

#131 2022-07-11 21:26:31

Marshmallow Marshall

Norwee wrote:

I don’t buy the meta card sorry Mutant.

Aka: "Oh Onjit always does this"

I also have doubts, simply because he doesn't even appear to be trying to do much - however, the idea that it's just "his playstyle", no matter how unproductive and perhaps a little infuriating it may be, shouldn't be entirely ruled out.

mutantdevle wrote:
Norwee wrote:

I don’t buy the meta card sorry Mutant.

Aka: "Oh Onjit always does this"

It's not mafia meta. It's his personality. Regardless of his alignment or role he's gonna joke around a bit. I agree that his alignment would influence this behaviour, but not in any way that would be tangible to us. I don't believe that you genuinely think that Onjit's behaviour is scum.

I can't remember who said it but I agree that you're giving off jester vibes.

Silly goose, Norwee is basically one of the only people actually trying to do something. If he's not town, he's scum trying to gain towncred, but jester? ................no xD

If someone actually plays in a way that's detrimental to town and is actively non-towny over a long time, he's committing the heinous crime of not being towny and should die eventually.

#132 2022-07-11 21:34:35

Marshmallow Marshall

Norwee wrote:

What pinged me more about Mutant is how he seemed to be sermoning 2B for townreading certain players.

While it was not particularly impressive, I didn't see it as inherently bad, considering 2B did simply list the active players and say there were towny, which is a dangerous way to read people, since you end up giving free passes to deepwolves who are skilled with scum.

Wooted by:

#133 2022-07-11 21:34:40

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

FTR Onjit could definitely be town, but putting pressure on players is how we determine people's alignment. I'm still very happy with my vote and haven't seen Onjit do anything town indicative.

#134 2022-07-11 21:36:26

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

In fact, their silence and lack of attempts at solving my alignment or engaging with the game thread beyond "Vote Norwee and leave lol" is just making me think they are more likely scum.

#135 2022-07-11 21:41:51

Marshmallow Marshall

Onjit wrote:

i dont know what norbius expects from me lmao

like, if i had kept on memeing, he'd say "wow he isnt even responding to my posts and just joking around!"

but when i do say something serious and point out how odd it is that two people targetted me right off the bat for no apparent reason (and not just in a funny way either lol), I'm in "defensive mode"

idk i reckon you're clutching at straws and you know it

(btw i hope this post wasnt too serious/joking/devensive/aggressive/etc for you norbius)

!vote norbius

I don't know what he expects from you, but I do know that I expect content from you. Early posts were just fun and games to get the ball rolling, respecting the custom of FM games. The issue is, you joked a bit and then evaporated without giving ANY meaningful take whatsoever. You're also throwing yourself into the arms of people who say "oh no, it's just his meta", and then proceed to vote Norwee because... he accused you. The summary of your game is 5 letters: OMGUS.

You might be town (this kind of play as town is not unheard of), but you also very well might be disruptive scum. And if you're town, you're not helping your side as of right now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad. Any reads on people who aren't Norwee? (And if you say "yes, YOU'RE SCUM FOR QUESTIONING ME!", I will slap you lol)

#136 2022-07-11 21:49:41

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

The issue is that if Onjit shows up now it will effectively be because we forced his hand. I saw him online earlier too but he left without saying anything. So it's going to look really forced for him. Or he just continues to avoid.
I know this might be very repetitive bashing on the same player, but since nobody else has really said anything substantive other than Zelda's wrong take of "!sleep because town flagbearer" this is all i got to talk about. And i really like to talk.

#137 2022-07-11 21:57:53

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Rereading posts yet again and saw Norwee wrote this on page 1:

Norwee wrote:

Hey you wanna claim major then all power to ya.
I ain't gonna judge.
No discrimination around these parts no sir.

Would a mayor reveal on day 1 be helpful? That would make an obvious nightkill target for the anti-town players, since they have a confirmed, useful townsperson.

Norwee then follows up with this joke, possibly to ease suspicions:

Norwee wrote:

As i am an scum of the mafia alignment i would like for the major to claim now.

I understand Norwee's activity is useful but I can see how he could be evil as well.

#138 2022-07-11 21:58:15

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

!vote mutantdevle

isnt onjit a better vote than mutant? from what you're saying i think onjit is scummier.

also i dont think norwee is jester, if anything he's more like an executioner.

but i do agree with norwee and marshmallow now that i understand the reason

i also don't like zelda's take on !sleep'ing

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#139 2022-07-11 21:59:32

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

oh wait, silly me, I forgot about protective roles. Norwee could be wanting the mayor to be protected.

#140 2022-07-11 22:21:57

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

AllenCaspe hasn't posted anything of substance so far. Speak up.

#141 2022-07-11 22:30:20

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

im just gonna

!vote Onjit

i also townread marshmallow more than norwee, i think marsh explained why they suspect onjit/mutant better than norwee, and by that i mean marsh saw things in a more neutral way? but also more detailed, and their reason still stands. while norwee was just aggressive

marsh also read other people's behavior more actively while norwee mainly focused on onjit

she/her

#142 2022-07-11 22:43:03

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

2B55B5G TNG wrote:
Norwee wrote:

2b and Marshall are still my townreads.

can you explain why

I'd like to hear your answer to this too @Norwee

Norwee wrote:
MartenM wrote:

Seems to make sense to me. A bit too much willing to put a target on someone.

It's really too early to make any sense of this right now. There is not much to go off, except some people putting targets on themself.

You know i think it’s just that you are all so incredibly passive, it’s kinda ticking me off ngl //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
Not easy for me to fit in when my playstyle is to aggressively hunt the scum.

To be fair, I can't remember ever successfully lynching someone day 1 - and we've definitely tried. I dunno about the games y'all played after I stopped though.

That being said, what I absolutely do not like here is you putting words in N1KF's mouth: never did he say that he was indeed performative (in the meaning of "just trying to look useful"). He said he was LOOKING performative because he was actually trying to do stuff, which absolutely makes sense from a town point of view.

This is a fair point about what N1KF said; though, I don't appreciate the accusation that I was intentionally putting words in his mouth. To me, it felt like his statement was in agreement with what you said.

Norwee wrote:

Again, this feels like a bad take from you to me. And somewhat ironically to my prior statement to Marshmallow, I would accuse you of deliberately twisting my words here and attempting to mock my argument. I'm not criticising 2B for "townreading certain players", my criticism was very specifically about him declaring that he thinks all the vocal people are trustworthy. You know as well as most that being active and helpful does not automatically make you a townie.

N1KF wrote:

Would a mayor reveal on day 1 be helpful?

Definitely not, but to be fair I don't think Norwee was being serious. We don't know for certain that there are any protective roles in the game so I don't think anybody should be taking that gamble.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#143 2022-07-11 22:47:48

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

mutantdevle wrote:

him

(not trying to make this awkward here but my pronouns are she/her now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)

she/her

Wooted by: (2)

#144 2022-07-11 22:49:03

ShadowsEdge

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Norwee insulted onjit when he got voted by marshmallow and now has turned his back and started to vote marshmallow

town traitor townie

For the record, the entire jester thing was a joke and was just based off of this post. I don't think Norwee is actually acting jester-like, his reads are pretty consistent through each other, the 'jester thing' was just RVS voting and has almost no bearing on Norwee's jester status, since they're quite literally just random votes.

N1KF wrote:

Rereading posts yet again and saw Norwee wrote this on page 1:

Norwee wrote:

Hey you wanna claim major then all power to ya.
I ain't gonna judge.
No discrimination around these parts no sir.

Would a mayor reveal on day 1 be helpful? That would make an obvious nightkill target for the anti-town players, since they have a confirmed, useful townsperson.

Norwee then follows up with this joke, possibly to ease suspicions:

Norwee wrote:

As i am an scum of the mafia alignment i would like for the major to claim now.

I understand Norwee's activity is useful but I can see how he could be evil as well.

Both of these seem like jokes. And the first was in response to Marshmallow saying "My last post sounded like i claimed Mayor". I don't think this can be taken as Norwee trying to get the Mayor to reveal. Also, I don't think these posts in particular are why Norwee is being put on spotlight, Mutant might have different reasons for why he jester-reads Norwee, but I'm fairly certain the others (if there are any, i can't remember) are only jester-reading based off mutant's accusation.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

im just gonna

!vote Onjit

i also townread marshmallow more than norwee, i think marsh explained why they suspect onjit/mutant better than norwee, and by that i mean marsh saw things in a more neutral way? but also more detailed, and their reason still stands. while norwee was just aggressive

marsh also read other people's behavior more actively while norwee mainly focused on onjit

I would say I townread Norwee more, just because Norwee was under accusation, Marshmallow has hardly had anyone going for their head, except maybe Era and maybe Mutant. The way Marshmallow play seems towny, but could also be the works of a good scum player knowing how to look towny. Norwee would do the same, difference is Norwee seems like an exasperated town with trying to get town to participate and with accusations on him, whereas Marshmallow just seems calculating.

This is a certified Norwee Appreciation Post

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

Wooted by:

#145 2022-07-11 22:50:16

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

mutantdevle, is there anybody you're suspicious of? You've written a lot but haven't posted any sus readings yet.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

him

(not trying to make this awkward here but my pronouns are she/her now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)

same here lol

Wooted by:

#146 2022-07-11 22:50:46

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Ninja'd by ShadowsEdge https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/6/67/013_ninja

#147 2022-07-11 22:55:45

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

mutantdevle wrote:

To be fair, I can't remember ever successfully lynching someone day 1 - and we've definitely tried. I dunno about the games y'all played after I stopped though.

Maybe i've just gotten spoiled then cus most sites i've played mafia on since the last game on this site which was forever ago, i've been in company where most players do indeed agree that day 1 elimination is superior to skipping day 1.

#148 2022-07-11 22:57:54

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

mutantdevle wrote:

I'd like to hear your answer to this too @Norwee

My reads on them have evolved. Bit less trusting of 2b, bit more trusting of Marshall.
I'd explain the reasoning but it might go over your head due to how advanced they are.

#149 2022-07-11 23:01:10

ShadowsEdge

God i just realized all the spelling errors right after i posted it

Anyway, for other people (which isn't a lot)

Twob is only slight town read, primarily because she just seems to echo other people's narratives, however she did (in a recent post), form reads on both Norwee and Marshmallow (which i quoted in my last post I'm not quoting it again).
Mutant and Marshmallow are both neutral but very slightly leaning scum. I think Marshmallow made good points on Mutant, hence the slight scum read on Mutant.

But some of the actions Marshmallow has done don't sit right with me even though they're playing 'towny'. Things like telling people to not accuse them seems odd. I get the reasoning behind it, but it seems like a way to playfully say "don't accuse me." Although, I can see why this might be reading too much into it, as Marshmallow has yet to make a statement on Era's vote.

It could be Town v Scum, in which case I would lean more into Mutant being scum over Marshmallow (though it's partially an activity thing, and I know Mutant can't be as active anymore).

It is, also, good to keep in mind that Scum v Scum situations can occur considering Neutral Evil roles exist, which is what I'm partially thinking this situation could be, although it's a bit early to tell.

~BeepnBoop

#150 2022-07-11 23:03:23

ShadowsEdge

Also everyone is either neutral or too inactive to properly form a read on.

~BeepnBoop

Marshmallow Marshall1658506235795175

Board footer