Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-29 07:08:57, last edited by quickQueen (2022-05-29 07:09:42)

solidScrewball
Anonymous user

Debate About Guns

In this controversial topic, we will be debating guns.

Do you think humans prefer bigger guns or skinnier guns? Are men/women more attractive with bulkier guns? Should the gym promote gun advertising by showing pictures of chiseled guns (biceps)?

#2 2022-05-29 08:30:41

funny_faker
Anonymous user

Re: Debate About Guns

I can appreciate muscle, as it suggests commitment to strength, but if you have a lot then you risk losing some of the elegance and simplicity of a smoother form. I think how muscle relates to their personality may be a better indicator of how attractive they generally are, but I don't interact with real people much so I wouldn't know.

I could see benefits and downsides to that gym advertising. In general I'm against advertising, but if done in a PSA style it could promote healthy exercises. However, modeling tends to attract the most exceptional of people, so people may get an unfair standard for how they should look like after exercising. I don't have much of an opinion on this in particular.

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2022-05-29 09:48:04

unsafe-user
Anonymous user

I believe it was Socrates who once said "Sun's out, guns out" and since the sun is always out somewhere in the world, he was obviously encouraging body positivity for all kinds of guns!

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2022-05-29 10:00:23, last edited by funny_faker (2022-05-29 10:01:09)

funny_faker
Anonymous user

unsafe-user wrote:

I believe it was Socrates who once said "Sun's out, guns out" and since the sun is always out somewhere in the world, he was obviously encouraging body positivity for all kinds of guns!

Word. I have a PhD in philosophy and I'm impressed your almost as smart as I am.

edit: I don't actually //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

#5 2022-05-29 14:54:17

Jazzy_Jewel
Anonymous user

I don't think it's funny to joke about this topic.
This is an real issue that many kids die from each year due to gunmen going on rampages thanks to lax gun control.

Wooted by:

#6 2022-05-29 15:31:27

american ant
Anonymous user

^ This. If you own any, please keep your guns hidden away safely behind at least 3 layers of cotton security, and instead live by the alternative “Sun’s out, buns out.”

#7 2022-05-29 21:12:40

solidScrewball
Anonymous user

Well i like big biceps so yeah

#8 2022-05-29 23:19:19

funny_faker
Anonymous user

Jazzy_Jewel wrote:

This is an real issue that many kids die from each year due to gunmen going on rampages thanks to lax gun control.

The joke is that the thread isn't about firearms. It's a play on words.

And now that I've explained that, the joke is dead, so I don't know where else this thread can go that doesn't get it locked.

#9 2022-05-30 01:08:34

Silly_ubermensch
Anonymous user

Jazzy_Jewel wrote:

And what impact does this thread have on the issue? If this was an influential platform I would agree with you since that would have the potential to impact people's opinions and potentially contribute to people taking the issue less seriously. However, humour is a coping mechanism and if people are joking about the issue it is likely because they feel powerless to do anything to change it and therefore use jokes about it to make themselves and others feel better.

That said, nothing in this thread before your comment connected guns to mass shootings. You have made that connection yourself. Whilst yes the thread deliberately leads people who read the title to think it is about firearms, the content of the thread and the subsequent comments is about the aesthetics of guns and their impact on perceived attractiveness. The thread is therefore parodying debates about how firearms are perceived as 'cool' and 'masculine', not gun control and mass shootings.

#10 2022-05-30 03:03:33

american ant
Anonymous user

Silly_ubermensch wrote:

humour is a coping mechanism

all this time I thought I was chadding when i was just coping

<image - lisa.jpg>

Board footer