Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-27 16:49:14, last edited by AllenCaspe9510 (2022-03-09 09:01:43)

AllenCaspe9510
Website

The First Everybody Edits Offline Collab [Build Phase]

The First Everybody Edits Offline Collab!!

Untitled1_20220126163211.png

ATTENTION: SIGN UPS ARE NOW CLOSED

Deadline for all entries is March 14 GMT+8 2022

Welcome to the first Everybody Edits Offline Collab. The game is pretty quiet so I would like to host this first EverybodyEdits Offline Collab while we wait for Everybodyedits!
Anyone can join but you must have at least a Everybody Edits Offline application either that is [.exe] or [.swf]. You can also use a modded application of EEO that produces [.EELV] and is accessible to the original EEO application. Is this worth it? According to Satanya, EEO worlds are going to be converted to EE! unless that's wrong. But its worth it!

UZdoAZp.png

There are 3 parts of the Collab world.
1.) A Lobby or a Overworld
-> This is the starting position of the player, this area is a place where the player chooses a level made by the participant. Each participant's entry in the lobby is a vertical frame and a sign that shows details about the parpicipant's entry, a portal appears above that sign and the player can play that parpicipant's entry. The lobby will also feature barriers which the player needs to complete a certain amount of entries to access to more entries made by more participants. The player doesn't need to beat all the entries to win. But if the player does, they get a special bonus coin.

2.) Participant's boxes
-> This is where the participant builds their entry that joins the collab. They can make whatever garbage they want with any difficulty they decide. Easy, Normal, Insane, or you can even make a ABSOLUTE PAIN level but please make it beatable, there's perfectionists out there that would like to 100% the Collab world. Each participant is only allowed with one gold coin only in their entry. If you like to add secrets to your level, you can tell me first and then you can do it. I plan these secrets in entires to be fragments of a bonus coin in the Collab. When you edit your box, you can remove the magic border and you can optional build outside of it.

3.) Free Zone
-> This area is reserved for switches and story telling in participant entries. Because of the name, this area is for everyone. Please do not absolutely destroy other people's creations in this area without their permission or else you'll make me sad. Don't make your free zone area too big because other participants want to build on that area too.

Everybodyedits Offline is a game without online features, how is this going to work? I have two theories that allows world building for all participants. Check out this video below.

I have decided THEORY 2

-> I talked with 2b about EEOeditor and I tried it out. After some looking around and exploring, I noticed that THOERY 2 for collab building is possible!! Yayyy! We're definitely going to choose that building method! What is it? Well, you can download a template world somewhere around the rules section (be sure that you have joined this collab) then you can build on it!! It's a small world, but trust me, when the collab world is published and you have summited your entry. You can see other people's entries in the world! But how?? I will use EEOeditor made by Capasha that allows you to copy/paste level parts and paste them onto a world! It's muuuch better then waiting for your turn to edit the collab and it saves alot of time.

oiYwgtP.png

Please read the rules very carefully.

1.) Be sure that you have a Everybody Edits Offline Application. You can check out this post here to download the application: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=47312. EEO Mods will be accepted but you must have the file [.EELV] and the file is accessible to the original Everybody Edits Offline Application.

2.) Worlds should be made in 200 x 76. You can download this template to start building: "https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … spev.eelvl"

3.) Before you start your collab entry, be sure that your name is on this post. You can join by simply typing !Join on this page and stuff you'll make for your entry like what theme you plan. I'll try my best to update this post everyday. I'm quite generous when it comes to people joining on deadline. But please, register as soon as possible.

4.) Finish your Collab Entry in time. The deadline should be around the strike of March 11 12:00AM GMT+8 (I will accept late entries after that strike but please finish it in time, or else it becomes harder for me to accept that entry). Why? Because I aim to finish and publish this EEO Collab on Everybody Edits Anniversary! I would also need time to copy paste all your entries to the collab world! So please guys .w.

5.) Share all the stuff you made here. If you wanna share something you made about the EEO Collab. Do it here. Collaboration Project is about working together. I need to know the secrets of your entry like easter eggs, it's private? Do it on my PMs, I'm all ears. Have something you need to test out, you can try posting it here too. Have a suggestion? Do it.

6.) Please list all the portals and switches you will use in this collab. This is very important to prevent the systems encountering bugs and chaos. Please do not secretly place random numbered portals in your entry to destroy the portal system cuz I'll be sad.

7.) Sexual Content or References in your Collab Entry will not be accepted.
C'mon guys, its a kid's game and now this?

8.) Files you send can be from Discord, Dropbox, Google Drive, or other file sharing services. Please bear in mind that the file must be [.EELV]. You can absolutely use EEO mods and programs, but please make sure that the file is [.EELV] and is accessible to the original Everybody Edits Offline Application.

9.) Rules will be updated. I think.

Lastest EEO Collab Minimap

PWSingplePlayer-minimap.png

List of parpicipants:
1.) Skullz17
2.) 2B55B5G TNG
3.) ShadowsEdge
4.) Zoey2070
5.) TheTriplet
6.) Quitinx4
7.) Rivelka
8.) Lou10
9.) Minimania
10.) Lictor555
11.) NoNk

List of assigned Portal IDs & Switches!

Portals/Switch ID List:
Allen (For the lobby)
0 -> 99

Skullz17
100 -> 199

2B55B5G TNG
200 -> 299

ShadowsEdge
300 -> 399

Zoey2070
400 -> 499

TheTriplet
500 -> 599

Quitinx4
600 -> 699

Rivelka
700 -> 799

Lou10
800 -> 899

Minimania
(Will not use Switch/Portal IDs)

Lictor555
900 -> 999

NoNk
(Will not use Switch/Portal IDs)

A huge thanks to Zoey for making those two large images above //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

#2 2022-01-27 19:05:46

skullz17

Re: The First Everybody Edits Offline Collab [Build Phase]

!join

The solution to your problem is something called version control. It's similar to your second theory, but instead of waiting until everyone is finished to compile everything together, you should keep a shared file, and people can update that file with the latest version of the level. Obviously you will have problems if two people work on the level simultaneously and end up with different versions of the level that need to be merged. That's why there are usually tools to do this stuff for you, like git. I don't exactly know the format of eelvl files, but I don't know if you will be able to use git to merge them without conflicts. Ideally there should be a tool designed for version control with eelvl files, but I don't know if this exists. Another thing I thought of is somehow converting the eelvl format to something that git can deal with? Might be easier.

Even if you try to keep track of versions manually, eventually you will have to merge versions together, which as you said, requires a bot/tool. So if you want to avoid doing that, you probably have to think of some strategy to avoid ever having to merge. The requirement for this is that the level is only being edited by a maximum of one person at a time. Your first theory meets this requirement, but like you said it's slow. It would be better if anyone can work on the level whenever they want, as long as they are the only one working on it during that time. The downside is that this requires a lot of communication, and if someone messes up and we end up with multiple versions that need to be merged, we have to resolve the issue manually. So the approach should be to minimise the damage by updating frequently with small changes, instead of doing a big change and potentially having to redo the whole thing.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2022-01-27 19:33:58

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

havent read anything yet but !join because im cool

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#4 2022-01-27 23:13:54

ShadowsEdge

!join

I think it'll be fun //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#5 2022-01-27 23:15:17

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

ShadowsEdge wrote:

!join

I think it'll be fun //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

based

she/her

#6 2022-01-28 01:13:52

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

!join

just feel like u could have used a bit more polish on the graphics/vid tho

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2022-01-28 05:33:59, last edited by AllenCaspe9510 (2022-01-28 05:36:10)

AllenCaspe9510
Website

Updated the post above!

Also, a huge thank you to Zoey for polishing the pictures above. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

skullz17 wrote:

The solution to your problem is something called version control. It's similar to your second theory, but instead of waiting until everyone is finished to compile everything together, you should keep a shared file, and people can update that file with the latest version of the level. Obviously you will have problems if two people work on the level simultaneously and end up with different versions of the level that need to be merged. That's why there are usually tools to do this stuff for you, like git. I don't exactly know the format of eelvl files, but I don't know if you will be able to use git to merge them without conflicts. Ideally there should be a tool designed for version control with eelvl files, but I don't know if this exists. Another thing I thought of is somehow converting the eelvl format to something that git can deal with? Might be easier.

Even if you try to keep track of versions manually, eventually you will have to merge versions together, which as you said, requires a bot/tool. So if you want to avoid doing that, you probably have to think of some strategy to avoid ever having to merge. The requirement for this is that the level is only being edited by a maximum of one person at a time. Your first theory meets this requirement, but like you said it's slow. It would be better if anyone can work on the level whenever they want, as long as they are the only one working on it during that time. The downside is that this requires a lot of communication, and if someone messes up and we end up with multiple versions that need to be merged, we have to resolve the issue manually. So the approach should be to minimise the damage by updating frequently with small changes, instead of doing a big change and potentially having to redo the whole thing.

I have not heard of Git before. But I do heard of EEditor.
I spoke to Diff about bots working on EEO worlds. But they don't sadly. But it's still possible, there are Programs that can operate on [.EELV] but there's not yet one that can copy a specific area and paste it on a desired location based on my knowledge. I was wondering how long it would take to program a feature that would copy a area of a EEO world and paste it to another. Now about the first theory. I feel like, I should divide the participants to be assigned to different worlds so that it won't be worked on, one at a time. Let's say 10 participants, then I'll divided it by 2. Which is 5. 5 Can work on Collab world (Part A) and the other 5 can work on the Collab World B. The worlds are separate and EEO has a World Manager feature that allows uploading of worlds through [.EELV] Files. Because there are two worlds, it can be worked on two people at a time, but not 2 people simultaneously on the same world. Or, if it's below 9 participants in this collab. I can allow each participant to work on a single world. Even better, if there are 18 participants, A pair can work together on a single world. Why not this theory? I can, but as a player, I think you'll end up playing a straight forward path because of world portals and breaks the purpose of the Lobby. Making a lobby composed world portals, aswell as creating a switch system that saves your progress in each and every world made by collab parpicipant/s can be quite complicated for me to make since EEO does not save your previous progress when you enter a world portal. Also! Thanks for the suggestion.

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Wooted by:

#8 2022-01-28 09:39:08

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

If we continue this thread long enough we'll end up with EE multiplayer again.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#9 2022-01-28 21:56:45

TheTriplet
Website

!join im bored why not

biggest feats:
1. (wr) Tutorial 3 - 17.17
2. (wr) Tutorial 4 - 36.88 (unrecorded sadly)
3. idk lets say that BTS2 - 142 deaths

oh and also: it's a lie that 9+10 is 21, it's 20!

#10 2022-01-29 17:15:53

Quitinx4
Website

!join

I am Deca Quitin (a.k.a Quitin in EE), and I am that one Unit smiley guy.
My Discord: Deca Quitin#7446
My Discord Server: dsc.gg/quitin
My EE Discord Server: dsc.gg/quitin-ee
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/DecaQuitinEE
Quitin_logo_colorized_cyan_red_yellow_compressed.png

#11 2022-01-29 17:18:17

Rivelka

!join
it will be amazing

#12 2022-01-30 01:35:24

AllenCaspe9510
Website

TheTriplet wrote:

!join im bored why not

Quitinx4 wrote:

!join

Rivelka wrote:

!join
it will be amazing

You're all in! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Wooted by:

#13 2022-01-30 11:54:39

TheTriplet
Website

oh btw does the 138x80 include borders?

biggest feats:

Wooted by:

#14 2022-01-30 14:22:53

AllenCaspe9510
Website

TheTriplet wrote:

oh btw does the 138x80 include borders?

Yah!

The world size depends on the theory I choose, so it's kinda subject to change. I'm starting to come to a decision where parpicipants will have the freedom to able to choose their world size. I'm trying to figure out a theory that doesn't rely on waiting one person at a time so that world making can be much easier. So currently, I'm expirementing with world portals that save your progress for each and every world since I keep getting thoughts like, "hey, wouldn't be better to let players make their worlds for their entries without waiting for their turn and upload them using upload world feature in EEO?" If this, there would also be no need for a portal rule (except for the world portal transport system).

Then I come to this next barrier, if there are more then 9 parpicipants, how am I going to assign them to worlds? By creating a whole new file for them to make worlds since EEO can only carry up 9 worlds? Or let parpicipants partner themselves to a world? Or actually, asking someone to program a EEO program that copies an area and it can be pasted to an area? but if that's true, there would be no need for a complex world saving system but instead, regular portal and world size restrictions and probably reliability since its going to take some waiting time. I dunno how to program. It pretty much depends on the number of parpicipants joining.

Dooooes anyone wanna volunteer in making a EEO program/mod that has a copy/paste feature? It can be very appreciated!!

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Wooted by:

#15 2022-01-30 14:50:54

TheTriplet
Website

would something like eeoditor work?

biggest feats:

Wooted by:

#16 2022-01-30 15:02:52

AllenCaspe9510
Website

TheTriplet wrote:

Would be amazing, but bots don't work on EEO.

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Wooted by:

#17 2022-01-30 15:31:08, last edited by 2b55b5g (2022-01-30 17:00:34)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

AllenCaspe9510 wrote:
TheTriplet wrote:

Would be amazing, but bots don't work on EEO.

i can literally use eeoditor lol
i just dont think it can merge worlds

EDIT: we can copy paste stuff so thats probably helpful

she/her

Wooted by:

#18 2022-01-30 15:38:40

AllenCaspe9510
Website

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Wait, EEOeditor exists? I thought there's only EEeditor

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Wooted by:

#19 2022-01-30 15:50:23

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

AllenCaspe9510 wrote:
2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Wait, EEOeditor exists? I thought there's only EEeditor

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=47253

she/her

#20 2022-01-31 10:57:59, last edited by AllenCaspe9510 (2022-01-31 11:02:48)

AllenCaspe9510
Website

Ok, so I tried it out, did exploring, spend hours carefully touching buttons. And HOLY FLOWERS! You can COPY PASTE level parts and paste them onto a world!! (world merging is possible) This is huge!! I don't know where to start. I would definitely love to start Theory Two of the building method of EEO right now! Basically, a hero of this collab at this point. I'm so very happy that you found that program! Huge shout out to Capasha for making it. This is Amazing.

UPDATED THE MAIN POST ABOVE

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

#21 2022-02-05 00:36:44

AllenCaspe9510
Website

Hi! This was suppose to be out earlier but I had to wait for a while. Updated the world template, I tried to make this change less frustrating. If you don't wanna redownload, here's the changes I've made.
Here's the updated file: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … spev.eelvl

Changes:
-Clarified/Fixed some signs. You are allowed to extend your world, but that extension area will be transferred to the freezone. Which means, you should use that extension area for switches and story. No permission needed.
-You can remove the magic border.

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Wooted by:

#22 2022-02-08 21:57:20

lou10

!join

I think that's enough right? God this website has always been confusing to me, makes me feel like a boomer.

#23 2022-02-08 21:58:55

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

lou10 wrote:

!join

I think that's enough right? God this website has always been confusing to me, makes me feel like a boomer.

hi

she/her

Wooted by:

#24 2022-02-09 03:33:39

AllenCaspe9510
Website

lou10 wrote:

!join

Yup!

Your in.

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Wooted by:

#25 2022-02-10 17:02:27

AllenCaspe9510
Website

ATTENTION:

Last Chance to sign up before it's Game Over

Here's the current participants that will join the EEO Collab. If you like to join now, please do so by typing !Join on this topic! You still have some time left like hours.

List of parpicipants:
1.) Skullz17
2.) 2B55B5G TNG
3.) ShadowsEdge
4.) Zoey2070
5.) TheTriplet
6.) Quitinx4
7.) Rivelka
8.) Lou10
9.)
10.)

Oh! And you guys can make your entries now! Yay! I'm just gonna ask for the theme you will be making, this is for your frame in the overworld. I'm also going to ask for your portal/switch IDs if your going to use them.

And yeah, if you have any questions, suggestions, requests you wanna make. Feel free to ask!

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Joeyjoey651651341035792818

Board footer