Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-19 20:46:27

tgmw

I miss the game

Hello EE users lmao, I don't know who uses this forum to this day, but I really miss the game, the old days, when I played with my friends everyday, made levels, even play bombot, somehow please bring the game back. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

since 2012 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2021-09-20 03:02:07

HydraK90

Re: I miss the game

Why don't you learn a programming language yourself and buy the trademark(s) and make it yourself

|         hi, i'm anne!        |
    i do some silly things

#3 2021-09-20 20:00:56

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Why don't you just ascend to an higher place of existence, become an god. Create a new universe by wiping out the inferior and impure old one, and then cause all of the big bang, earths history, and evolution to life to happen until the exact same happenstance where EE is made and then use your god powers to make sure EE never dies?

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#4 2021-09-20 22:20:48

HydraK90

Break the laws of time and space to create time travel. Make a company, call it "Adobe". Follow exactly in the footsteps of this timeline, up until the decision to end support for Flash.
Let Flash live on forever.
Let Flash live on.

Remember when you were making out with your first game, and you broke right at an object collision? It was me Barry, I spawned too many objects at once to make it seem like you broke right at a simple collision!

i do some silly things

#5 2021-09-21 01:05:27

skullz17

[ramble]
Same dude. The other day I was thinking about how a significant part of my social life was in EE when I was like 12-14 yrs old. I had friends irl too but at the time I wasn't able to relate to them much, while with EE friends, I felt a little more at home, a little more understood. There aren't many games that I have played consistently for years, but I did play EE for a long time and this is probably why. Even if you don't make a bunch of friends, there's a strong social element in EE. When you're trying to beat a world, other people are playing along with you. When you're building, people can join and watch or help. At least for me, I often made worlds because I wanted to impress people and prove something. It's not the only reason to play the game, but filling a hole for lonely people is pretty powerful. I might change my mind later, but right now I feel like this is the essence of EE. Over the years I made a lot of posts about why EE was dying, how to save it, how a "spiritual successor" should be etc., and I might have been right sometimes, but now I feel like I was kinda missing the point. In order for something to be a spiritual successor, it has to inherit the spirit of EE. It's in the name.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#6 2021-09-21 11:43:11

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Watching people play my worlds and how they reacted to various traps, challenges, story bits, art etc. was a big part of the reason why i made worlds.
I agree, the social aspect is important.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2021-09-21 12:59:02, last edited by MartenM (2021-09-21 12:59:18)

MartenM
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Watching people play my worlds and how they reacted to various traps, challenges, story bits, art etc. was a big part of the reason why i made worlds.
I agree, the social aspect is important.

This applied to making bots too (at least for me). Haven't been able to find a game where I could see people really interact with the stuff I made.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

Wooted by: (3)

#8 2021-09-21 16:29:37

HydraK90

I don't think I ever really made good worlds, but just the aspect of having total control of 640,000 blocks (because who DIDN'T have a 600·400 world), all mine, it felt great.
"Here's another bad mountain! >w<"
"I wanna make parkour today.."

i do some silly things

#9 2021-09-22 08:29:34

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

it feels nice to show people what you’ve made and see how people react to it. of course it’s also cool to see what other people made and be amazed by it.
the bots were fun as well, i miss them.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#10 2021-10-21 14:54:47

BuffettLarry1
Banned

I would like to know more about trendy cyberpunk cosplay. I would appreciate any information you might have.

#11 2021-10-22 03:41:05

HydraK90

i identify as cyberpunk catgirl

i do some silly things

#12 2021-10-24 03:48:25, last edited by danielcool1 (2021-10-24 03:48:52)

danielcool1
Website

tgmw wrote:

Hello EE users lmao, I don't know who uses this forum to this day, but I really miss the game, the old days, when I played with my friends everyday, made levels, even play bombot, somehow please bring the game back. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

so do I (seriously tho I wonder when the new EE is going to come out lol)

AnnrjYL.png q1EPQvE.png

Thank AnatolyEE for the picture on top of this link. And credit to Bluecloud for making a signature for me at the picture next to AnatolyEE.

My YouTube Channel

#13 2021-11-28 20:50:31, last edited by chzandham (2021-11-28 20:57:03)

chzandham

I'm surprised that despite how many people supposedly miss Everybody Edits, no one has come fourth saying that they would remake the game in HTML5 or something similar to that. Club Penguin and even Moshi Monsters have already set sail on that path.

Not like I have a right to say this since I'm not a programmer, but I wonder how many people truly miss the game enough to do something about it? In the last month of its existance (before the sudden boost of players in the last day), we were lucky to even get 100 players.

But perhaps it's not about that? We had people who made bots like Bombot and YoScroll that must've been difficult to make, yet they managed to do it. So perhaps it's not necessarily about having the will to do it, but perhaps it's too much of a task to take on? If that were to be the case, then I would understand that. If someone doesn't do it though, then who would? I think about this whenever I see people say these types of things.

I know there's already "revivals" of it, but I have yet to see someone remake the game to be playable in a browser. Would it be hard? I'm sure it would be, yes. Would it be impossible? No, not at all. Whether or not we would get our data back though depends on if the person who were to remake it can get access to the servers. I would be fine with starting from scratch if everyone else were to though, so I really don't care that much.

tptD29P.png

Credits to Stubby For Making me this Signature!

#14 2021-11-28 21:24:28

XxAtillaxX

chzandham wrote:

I know there's already "revivals" of it, but I have yet to see someone remake the game to be playable in a browser. Would it be hard? I'm sure it would be, yes. Would it be impossible? No, not at all.

If there are people who are desperate to play an old flash game, you think they'd be willing to download it. With that point aside, as of yet, there are no Flash Player emulators that support AS3 to the required degree. You could theoretically stream an instance of Flash Player to browsers and forward mouse and keyboard events, but that would be fairly expensive.

It would be an utter waste of time to rewrite the Flash client from scratch when the game hardly reached 100 players while it was still up and running.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#15 2021-11-29 02:21:23

soniiiety

my favorite part about the game was you could use different blocks, talk, and find new interesting people.

#16 2021-11-29 23:14:03, last edited by chzandham (2021-11-29 23:15:10)

chzandham

XxAtillaxX wrote:
chzandham wrote:

I know there's already "revivals" of it, but I have yet to see someone remake the game to be playable in a browser. Would it be hard? I'm sure it would be, yes. Would it be impossible? No, not at all.

If there are people who are desperate to play an old flash game, you think they'd be willing to download it. With that point aside, as of yet, there are no Flash Player emulators that support AS3 to the required degree. You could theoretically stream an instance of Flash Player to browsers and forward mouse and keyboard events, but that would be fairly expensive.

It would be an utter waste of time to rewrite the Flash client from scratch when the game hardly reached 100 players while it was still up and running.

Which is why I think it would be safer to just remake the game in HTML5 (if I'm reading your message right). I think HTML5 is more cost efficient so I'd see that being a reasonable option. Although you restating that the game hardly reached 100 players makes me wonder once more as to why people are trying with new Everybody Edits "revivals" like EEU and EE! still, seeing as it will probably go in the same direction as Everybody Edits did in its last years unfortunately.

tptD29P.png

#17 2021-11-30 07:53:30

chzandham wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:
chzandham wrote:

Which is why I think it would be safer to just remake the game in HTML5 (if I'm reading your message right). I think HTML5 is more cost efficient so I'd see that being a reasonable option. Although you restating that the game hardly reached 100 players makes me wonder once more as to why people are trying with new Everybody Edits "revivals" like EEU and EE! still, seeing as it will probably go in the same direction as Everybody Edits did in its last years unfortunately.

"just remake the game in HTML5" isn't that simple. It's a rewrite.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

With that point aside, as of yet, there are no Flash Player emulators that support AS3 to the required degree.

Could the WebAssembly-based stuff do it someday?

#18 2021-11-30 15:00:51

chzandham

0176 wrote:
chzandham wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:
chzandham wrote:

"just remake the game in HTML5" isn't that simple. It's a rewrite.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

With that point aside, as of yet, there are no Flash Player emulators that support AS3 to the required degree.

I never said "just remake the game in HTML5" in any of my messages. Don't misconstrue my words. I'm aware that it wouldn't be simple and that you would have to rework pretty much all of the game, but I'm saying that if you were to remake Everybody Edits at all then HTML5 would probably be the best way to do it.

tptD29P.png

#19 2021-11-30 20:33:49

XxAtillaxX

0176 wrote:

Ruffle, a Flash Player emulator project (which currently only supports AS2) does use WebAssembly. So yes, eventually it may be possible to run the existing Flash client in the browser safely.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#20 2021-12-02 09:07:10

luz

have you tried turning it off, and then on again?

yeah

#21 2022-02-11 12:51:38

Hroxy Gerr
Banned

I also miss the times when I could play games all day. Now a lot of my time is taken up by work.

Hroxy Gerr1644580298792496

Board footer