Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-01 07:52:12

Rivelka

Everybody Edits on Windows 11? Check how!

Ok, I downloaded the Windows 11 build 22000.51 (the first public Windows 11 Insider build) and installed on my PC. I noticed, that still works Adobe Flash Player, which means I can still play Everybody Edits! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

The kernel version is still 10.0. Settings received the overhaul and plenty of new icons. The start button is now in mid, instead of left and moves, when I add more icons. It has rounded edges. You can read more on wikipedia about the new OS. The version, that I downloaded is not final, which comes probably around October-December 2021 and it will update Windows 10 to Windows 11 on early 2022.

I will still test this new OS! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

74TUll2.png

The link, who wants to get their hands the early version of Windows 11 (available in English and Russian) https://cloud.mail.ru/public/vU6N/ena8GES6e/

#2 2021-07-01 08:55:04

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Re: Everybody Edits on Windows 11? Check how!

Lucky. My laptop is too old to run Windows 11. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

#3 2021-07-01 14:15:56

Different55
Forum Admin

Everyone's laptop is too old to run windows 11. AFAICT none of the hardware that Microsoft themselves is currently selling, even for multiple thousands of USD, supports Windows 11, although I'll admit I did not search at all exhaustively.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#4 2021-07-01 21:47:27

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Different55 wrote:

Everyone's laptop is too old to run windows 11. AFAICT none of the hardware that Microsoft themselves is currently selling, even for multiple thousands of USD, supports Windows 11, although I'll admit I did not search at all exhaustively.

It should. Here are the minimum requirements, which any computer from 2016 onwards should definitely have.

#5 2021-07-01 22:31:43

Different55
Forum Admin

I must have been browsing the wrong section of the Microsoft store before, my bad. Plenty of these do support Windows 11. Plenty of machines that are certainly still top-of-the-line are excluded, though, just based solely on the processor whitelist. Even if they support TPM 2.0, although I still have no idea why TPM is a deal-breaker at all, 1.2 or 2.0 or 0.0.

- ShinsukeIto

#6 2021-07-02 06:17:39

LukeM
Website

Different55 wrote:

I must have been browsing the wrong section of the Microsoft store before, my bad. Plenty of these do support Windows 11. Plenty of machines that are certainly still top-of-the-line are excluded, though, just based solely on the processor whitelist. Even if they support TPM 2.0, although I still have no idea why TPM is a deal-breaker at all, 1.2 or 2.0 or 0.0.

From what I've heard the minimum specs listed on that site are only for new windows devices coming with Windows 11 preinstalled, there are lower requirements for upgrading to Windows 11 that almost all semi-recent devices should meet. (The TPM 2.0 requirement is replaced with TPM 1.2, among other things)

#7 2021-07-02 07:07:16, last edited by drunkbnu (2021-07-02 07:11:04)

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

LukeM wrote:

From what I've heard the minimum specs listed on that site are only for new windows devices coming with Windows 11 preinstalled, there are lower requirements for upgrading to Windows 11 that almost all semi-recent devices should meet. (The TPM 2.0 requirement is replaced with TPM 1.2, among other things)

The lower requirements that you mentioned are only for insider releases, and when the official release comes out, they will have to return to Windows 10. Windows 11 will continue having the minimum requirements from their site.

Sources:
https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insid … indows-11/
https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insid … uirements/

There's this other site from Microsoft documentation specifying the Windows 11 requirements: Compatibility for Windows 11

Anyway, my laptop has no Secure Boot, no DirectX 12 support, no TPM at all... Yeah, I'm screwed.

#8 2021-07-02 07:38:11

LukeM
Website

HG wrote:
LukeM wrote:

The lower requirements that you mentioned are only for insider releases, and when the official release comes out, they will have to return to Windows 10. Windows 11 will continue having the minimum requirements from their site.

Sources:
https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insid … indows-11/
https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insid … uirements/

There's this other site from Microsoft documentation specifying the Windows 11 requirements: Compatibility for Windows 11

Anyway, my laptop has no Secure Boot, no DirectX 12 support, no TPM at all... Yeah, I'm screwed.

There's a bit of contradictiory information about this...

So originally they published both "recommended" and "minimum" specifications lists, the recommended including things like TPM 2.0, and minimum only needing 1.2.

This has since been changed to only list the previous recommended specifications, so removing all mention of TPM 1.2, etc.

The second link you sent does however mention that they will test certain devices with Ryzen 1000 CPUs (with TPM 1.2) to see if they "meet their principles", which suggests that TPM 1.2 will be supported long-term.

What makes most sense to me is that the specs they list are what is required for a manufacturer to ship their devices with Windows 11 preinstalled (which would be why they are talking about manually testing devices that do not meet the requirements but may still perform well), but they will still allow you to install Windows 11 on any device which meets some lesser minimum requirements, even if it doesn't have official support.

Basically "we guarantee that Windows 11 will run well on devices which meet these requirements, and it may also run on some devices which meet these lesser requirements, though we don't take responsibility if it doesn't"

Wooted by:

#9 2021-07-02 07:46:48

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Idk, I have a weird feeling they will push hard on strong requirements anyway, which would make sense from a commercial POV given the current recession, scalping situation, people preferring smartphones over computers, etc. But that's just me.

#10 2021-07-02 15:34:50

Different55
Forum Admin

LukeM wrote:
Different55 wrote:

I've heard a few times from a few people that this is the OEM list and does not apply to existing PCs, but at this point we've had a company VP confirm that it'll apply to upgrading PCs as well as a compatibility/health tool that is following those guidelines. Like you pointed out, those guidelines have also been updated to remove the previous "soft floor" limits like 1.2, and despite backlash MS hasn't rushed to backtrack or clarify anything, they're sticking to their guns that these are the requirements. The CPU whitelist really isn't making a lot of sense, either. AFAICT Zen and Zen+ are identical, just a process update. No new features were included in Zen+ that should justify excluding Zen. I think the same goes for 7th gen vs 8th gen on the Intel side. No new features, just more cores.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#11 2021-07-05 06:57:54, last edited by Victoria (2021-07-05 06:58:45)

Victoria
Formerly Koya556
Website

but i hate it with tpm 2.0 because it sucks i'm poor ok 😡

Yan Joshua knows as Nightmore, 7kudmath, Ygor Matheus, Kogor, Koya and RQ aka ~
I'm a professional artist, talented in various art forms, and also a programmer.
I had been playing Everybody Edits for four years ago. ~
Learning English and Japanese, Portugal ~
Native Portuguese speaker, fluent ~
20 years old, April 5, 2003. ~
He/Him ~

Contact information:
Discord: Kenny 💀#0578
In-game: 7KUDMATH
Xbox: YanJoshuaRQ
Steam: YanJoshuaRQ

Victoria1625464674790689

Board footer