Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2020-11-12 01:41:03

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Is it true that EE is being sold to a game company?

I think it's laughable to suggest that coding the game takes the same amount of time as making the graphics. Should more development have been done by now? Absolutely. But even if the developers weren't busy in their real lives I still think it'd take them more than a year to fully develop EEU given the number of distractions there have been along the way.

The only way those distractions could have been avoided would have been if they had stopped caring about EE back in 2018 or 2019. That would have meant no more updates to EE and no fixing all the hacks and data breach. I really don't think ignoring the hacks/data breach was ever an option but there is still a criticism to be made that EE should not have been receiving any content updates and instead focus should have been on EEU. I think if they had that approach then there'd still only be about 3 or 4 months of extra development in EEU at this stage; though, to be fair, if that 3 or 4 months had meant the server rework would have been done by now then I think that would make a huge difference in terms of the current content in the game. The only other factors that would have increased development speed would have been A) if there were more developers or B) if the developers were less busy and able to devote more time to working on the game.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#52 2020-11-12 08:51:41

peace

the dta breaches an dhacker fixes were neede dbecuase it contained PERSONAL DATA OF MANY USERS content idk but i don tthink it was bad to add content to keep players intgrested

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#53 2020-11-12 22:44:51

Cyral

N1KF wrote:
Cyral wrote:

What company would want to buy the legal mess that has been created by passing the intellectual property through various owners, a couple companies, etc, with no clear agreements I imagine? Not to mention the liabilities with the data breaches

We need a lawyer. Oh and we need original graphics for the Grass and Metal blocks so we don't give the lawyer a heart attack.

Don't get me started on the Facebook smilies

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#54 2020-11-20 07:18:09

chzandham

Minimania wrote:
Minisaurus wrote:

If the game is sold, then I would wager money in favor of my statement, as I am confident that no game company would do that to the EE franchise.

EE is gonna die in a month, so whatever. My points are more relevant when we're talking about EEU. The game is still in its infant stages, and there haven't been any monetization systems put in place yet, besides Xeno converting gems and stuff over from EE

Will versions of Everybody Edits be released as a GitHub Repository for the sake of preservation and allow for others to make their own private servers if they wish?

Knowing that the game is gonna die soon is kind of heartbreaking, especially if you've been apart of the community for years now.

tptD29P.png

Credits to Stubby For Making me this Signature!

chzandham1605853089785975

Board footer