Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-14 05:42:35, last edited by Taxpayer71 (2020-11-15 03:40:21)

Careless crown
Anonymous user

What’s your favorite TV series?

Worst:
Stranger things
Daredevil
Arrow

Meh:
Flash
Frontier
Titans DC

Good:
The big bang theory
The walking dead
The witcher
The mandalorian
Death Note
Happy
The umbrella academy
Castlevania

Must watch:
One punch man
Baki
Attack on titan
Dexter
The boondocks
Parasyte
The X files
Altered Carbon
The Haunting of Hill House
Evild Dead
Criminal Minds
Kingdom

Considering to watch next:
Breaking Bad
Spartacus
Black mirror
Evangelion
Tales from the Crypt
Star Trek
Friends
Mindhunter
Rick And Morty
3%
Doctor Who

Seems to be boring: (I haven't tried yet those series)
Blood of zeus
One Piece
The Office
Game of thrones
Dr. House
Sherlock
Hannibal
Gotham
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Ghost in the Shell

#2 2020-11-14 05:51:22

groovy-Gladiator
Anonymous user

Re: What’s your favorite TV series?

Oh boy I sure do wonder who posted this anonymous topic

Wooted by:

rat

#3 2020-11-14 08:18:11

Venom_vampire
Anonymous user

How the **** is rick and morty in "seems to be boring"

#4 2020-11-14 10:55:51

radical_Roman
Anonymous user

I’d highly recommend Doctor Who and Black Mirror. I’m also currently working my way through Breaking Bad and very much enjoying it.

Wooted by: (3)

#5 2020-11-14 11:22:31

Horse-Hick
Anonymous user

M A N D A L O R I A N

Venom_vampire wrote:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

#6 2020-11-14 17:16:28

DumbDan15
Anonymous user

Horse-Hick is task

Wooted by:

#7 2020-11-14 18:42:57

UglyUFO
Anonymous user

black mirror is really good i recommend watching first
also sherlock is good but it's kinda cringe

#8 2020-11-14 22:31:01

Dumb lecher
Anonymous user

Venom_vampire wrote:

What’s not clicking

#9 2020-11-15 02:39:47

Quiet-Quiz
Anonymous user

Chuck was a great series. Sherlock is awesome but they're more like short movies than a TV series. OP listed lots of anime but I don't think that counts.

Doctor Who had its ups and downs. When you're 15 it's the best thing ever, but now I think it's pretty bad. Or maybe the new series is just objectively bad.

I liked Rick and Morty. It tries too hard sometimes with the ad libbing and the weird ****, but in terms of creativity and (occasional) depth it's pretty cool. Some of Family Guy is good.

First season of Daredevil and first couple seasons of Lucifer were nice. First season of Altered Carbon too. I remember loving Merlin but that was a decade ago.

Anything with a laugh track is garbage, and I never saw the hype for comedies like The Office, The IT Crowd and Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Medical/crime shows like Grey's Anatomy and NCIS are pretty meh.

#10 2020-11-15 02:45:48

radical_Roman
Anonymous user

UglyUFO wrote:

sherlock is good but it's kinda cringe

Sherlock is good for just mindless watching. As soon as you stop and think about it you realise how trash it is.

#11 2020-11-15 05:09:57

Friendly-fairy
Anonymous user

listen it requires a very high IQ to understand the subtle intricacies of these here “big flopper” memes. “big flopper” himself represents the angst and confusion of living in late stage capitalism in the 21st century. his only catch phrase, “fanter” is indicative of alienation, and consumerism rampant within our society. “big flopper” has been reduced to only being able to think of this “fanter” in order to try to fill the void that is present within us all. to suggest that such a meticulously crafted meme such as “big flopper” is even close to being on the same level as that plebeian drivel “big chungus” is an insult to intellectuals everywhere. the philosophical underpinnings of “big flopper” are incredibly diverse, finding their origins in the works of kierkegaard, hegel, and stirner. it is said that originally marx wanted to name his magnum opus “das fanter”, however his publishers thought the themes covered would be too complex for not only the proletariat, but also the academics of the time. tracing the development of flopperism into the 20th century, we can clearly see the influences modern art movements such as dadaism, futurism, and german expressionism had on “big flopper”. it is said that jackson pollock tried as best as he could to paint a caracal cat a la “big flopper” but his perfectionism drove him mad, and in a fit of rage he splattered paints all across the canvas, creating the style he is so famous for today. perhaps to a simple minded redditor such as yourself “big flopper” may seem like a naive and childish game, but to true intellectuals such as myself , “big flopper” represents a synthesis of the highest achievements in philosophy, art, and academia. good day to you kind stranger

#12 2020-11-15 07:37:07

DumbDan15
Anonymous user

gosha here.

Tv series i recommend watching:
Mr. Robot
Stranger things
Westworld
black mirror
Breaking bad - Better call Saul
Misfits
Skins
The mandalorian
Community (from the creator of rick and morty)

Wooted by:

rat

#13 2020-11-15 07:53:33

uppity_Universe
Anonymous user

Altered Carbon is absolutely amazing (season 1 at least, season 2 was good but it wasn't a masterpiece like season one was).

Black mirror is also really really good with many episodes being downright incredible.

I really like Evangelion, but it can be an acquired taste. I would still recommend it though.

Star Trek has always been quite boring to me, but it does have its moments. I only have seen The Next Generation though and really just when other people were watching it.

Rick And Morty gets a bad rep but is actually a really fun show. You have to be fine with dark and childish humor, but it does definitely have its moments.

Doctor Who is quite cheesy but also quite fun. I used to watch it a lot and still have fond memories of it, but I've since lost a lot of my interest in the show.

The Office is really fun, but it can also be kinda boring imo. Clips from youtube probably deliver this show in its best form tbh.

Game of thrones started out quite good, but near the end it really faltered. So you might love it, but you might lose hope in it too.

I really like House, but I can see it not being everyone's cup of tea. It's certainly interesting and fun though.

If I had to suggest anything else, I would definitely suggest Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra. The original Avatar is considered one of the best animated shows of all time (a title which I believe it fully deserves). Korra isn't as good, but it's still more Avatar and has its fair share of amazing moments, especially come season 3.

#14 2020-11-16 02:32:39

Juicy-jewel
Anonymous user

I don't watch the television much but Umbrella Academy and The Good Place were cool. I used to watch Monk a lot but it's actually pretty boring in retrospect, like what radical_Roman said about Sherlock.

#15 2020-11-16 03:11:48

radical_Roman
Anonymous user

Taskmaster is amazing. I’d highly recommend that.

Wooted by: (3)

#16 2020-11-18 17:06:36

HorribleHorse
Anonymous user

So mamy bad picks for TV series

This thread is Zzz

#17 2020-11-18 19:09:51, last edited by Friendly-fairy (2020-11-18 19:11:33)

Friendly-fairy
Anonymous user

my favorite tv series is called Everybody Edits Forums, its vast selection of drama over smiley face game changes every month! Some of my favorite Episodes including "Rightfully So" and "Above Average" but I recommend the Part 1 The Hacking, Part 2 The Backdoors, and especially Part 3 The Rollback.

#18 2020-11-18 20:39:57

Careless crown
Anonymous user

HorribleHorse wrote:

So mamy bad picks for TV series

This thread is Zzz

This topic is for everyone to share their favorite series, you can do it too.

#19 2020-11-18 21:34:12, last edited by rad_refugee (2020-11-18 21:35:20)

rad_refugee
Anonymous user

The only show I've watched recently that I could give an honest recommendation for is The Owl House, a fun Disney cartoon about witches and magic which is being made by a lot of the people who worked on Gravity Falls, so if you liked that, odds are you'll like The Owl House as well. The show has some minor issues and it only has one season so far, but everything I've seen thus far was great enough to give me hope that the following seasons will be just as good, if not better.

Be warned my track record with gauging which path a show is going to take isn't the best, though; I've had similar feelings about Steven Universe back in its first seasons, and now whenever I look back on that pile of misery all I get is a throbbing headache.

#20 2020-11-18 22:33:54

RadicalRat
Anonymous user

The Samsung TU8000

Wooted by:

rat

#21 2020-11-21 06:17:37

Careless crown
Anonymous user

i like robot chicken