Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-24 21:24:21, last edited by St1ckS4m(EE) (2022-12-29 01:15:47)

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

Ever Had Any Times of Your Life When You Had No Internet for a While?

Whether it'd had something to do with bills, power outages, bad internet connection, etc.

I've dealt with this kind of issue many times ever since it started happening one and a half years ago, and now I'm forced to wait until either Monday, or until November before it comes back on.
(It's not really fun without it, lol.)

Have you ever had those times when you were forced to endure a few days without having internet, even for a week?
Because I feel like I know that I'm not alone here that had these problems.

Yes, I already know that we've lost internet countless times whenever our internet started to mess around and not do its job, but I'm talking about if you had the times when you were forced to wait longer than a few days or even a month before you were able to have Wi-Fi on again, because it can certainly happen to some people at some point in their lives, especially if it had something to do with the bills, power outages, or anything else that could cause it to be shutdown.

Update 12/28/2022: This topic is forever locked due to how dumb it was for me to post this since I was asking how important it was to use the internet when you really needed it, but it went out for a long time, but I sadly wasn't being specific enough about what I was asking for, so uh, yeah... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

"π“—π“˜π“–π“— π“ π“€π“π“›π“˜π“£π“¨" non-animated signature.
MfF1IHH.png
You know this eagle ain't lying when he can smell things miles away from him, all thanks to his super powerful sense of smell. (Idc if this image doesn't fit, lol.)
Idk what my profile icon is supposed to be, lol. Activeness: Infrequent Β―\_(ΒΊ_o)_/Β―
Boring fact: Used to have a 709+ daystreak, but lost it due to my memory error...and then eventually lost my 263+ daystreak, also due to my memory error. (Was I sane at that time...?)
Fun fact: If you happen to see my username or Sticksam on Twitter/x or on other sites, that's actually a different person, NOT me. I never use Twitter/x. I just wanted to clear up the confusion a bit for those who are not aware of this, lol.
I honestly know little to nothing about them when I first saw those names on the internet. XD (Might have to give myself a bit of a different nickname at some point in the future.)

#2 2020-10-24 21:58:05, last edited by drunkbnu (2020-10-24 22:04:21)

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Re: Ever Had Any Times of Your Life When You Had No Internet for a While?

Luckily I've never had Internet cut for more than a whole day. But I once went through 3 consecutive days without power. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

P.S. Are you posting from a smartphone with mobile data? If you can turn it into a mobile hotspot you can connect to it from your computer to log in to EE and save your campaign progress.

Wooted by:

#3 2020-10-25 04:23:07, last edited by St1ckS4m(EE) (2020-10-25 04:30:59)

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

HG wrote:

Luckily I've never had Internet cut for more than a whole day. But I once went through 3 consecutive days without power. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

P.S. Are you posting from a smartphone with mobile data? If you can turn it into a mobile hotspot you can connect to it from your computer to log in to EE and save your campaign progress.

Might have to consider doing that on a new computer at some point, since my old one's probably too outdated and insecure.

Edit: After learning about what it is, I've noticed some security issues with privacy, so I probably won't do it unless if I privatized something securely.

"π“—π“˜π“–π“— π“ π“€π“π“›π“˜π“£π“¨" non-animated signature.
MfF1IHH.png
You know this eagle ain't lying when he can smell things miles away from him, all thanks to his super powerful sense of smell. (Idc if this image doesn't fit, lol.)
Idk what my profile icon is supposed to be, lol. Activeness: Infrequent Β―\_(ΒΊ_o)_/Β―
Boring fact: Used to have a 709+ daystreak, but lost it due to my memory error...and then eventually lost my 263+ daystreak, also due to my memory error. (Was I sane at that time...?)
Fun fact: If you happen to see my username or Sticksam on Twitter/x or on other sites, that's actually a different person, NOT me. I never use Twitter/x. I just wanted to clear up the confusion a bit for those who are not aware of this, lol.
I honestly know little to nothing about them when I first saw those names on the internet. XD (Might have to give myself a bit of a different nickname at some point in the future.)

#4 2020-10-25 05:21:45

Different55
Forum Admin

Without wifi? Yeah, when my upstairs neighbors moved out, they dropped the internet the rest of us tenants were splitting. Was obnoxious but I used my slow, slow cell hotspot to get along until I was able to call out another internet provider and get hooked up. Without internet entirely, only time that comes to mind is the 2 weeks I spent in the mountains in Colorado a few summers back. Honestly enjoyed my time without it. Might be because it was done willingly rather than by surprise, but it was good to completely 100% disconnect for a while.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#5 2020-10-25 08:34:51

XxAtillaxX

I have gone over a year without Internet (after having had it for many years) and it was completely fine. I suppose some people just develop an Internet addiction.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#6 2020-10-25 12:09:20, last edited by LukeM (2020-10-25 12:22:21)

LukeM
Website

Sticksam wrote:
HG wrote:

Might have to consider doing that on a new computer at some point, since my old one's probably too outdated and insecure.

Edit: After learning about what it is, I've noticed some security issues with privacy, so I probably won't do it unless if I privatized something securely.

What issues were you worried about? Assuming you set a password it shouldn’t be any different to using the internet normally (and your computer should support it as long as it supports WiFi)

Oh and I never really use the internet much on holiday (I.e. no social media, games, etc), so the longest I’ve gone without using it much is probably 2 weeks, but since I got my first smartphone at maybe ~12 or something I’ve always had access to it because of mobile data. I guess I’d be more worried about not having access to Google, it’s so useful to have access to pretty much the entirety of human knowledge at all times, so the weirdest thing to me would be not knowing something and not being able to find out, which is something I don’t think I’ve ever experienced for an extended period of time.

#7 2020-10-25 13:04:13

MartenM
Website

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I have gone over a year without Internet (after having had it for many years) and it was completely fine. I suppose some people just develop an Internet addiction.

Just curious what event would lead to someone not having internet access for a full year.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#8 2020-10-25 14:02:52

XxAtillaxX

MartenM wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

Just curious what event would lead to someone not having internet access for a full year.

I don't remember exactly, I was somewhere around 8-10. My parents likely just couldn't afford it.  Β―\_(ツ)_/Β― was/is significantly more expensive and worse bandwidth when you live in literal middle of nowhere. I was using the Internet a lot at the time but I wasn't bothered, and same when I went a few days without Internet a month ago or so due to ISPs auto payment failing, it was nice actually. I'd recommend at least trying it if there weren't a pandemic limiting every other activity.

signature.png
*u stinky*

XxAtillaxX1603630972785476

Board footer