Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-15 00:35:32

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Even More Staff Changes & State of Play!

Hi Everybody!

Here's another overall report on how things are going with EE and EEU.

Staff Changes

There have been a couple more notable staff departures, and even more new recruits!

Joshua - Joshua (Criobite/ByteArray/TechnoWolf99) has been incredibly valuable in shaping Everybody Edits Universe, providing excellent foundations for our staff team to build upon. He'll continue to consult with our team for a few months just to help the transition, and we're very grateful for the amazing work he's done, primarily on the overall User Interface for the game, and the EE Universe Logo, but also contributing much more! Thank you for everything //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Kentiya - Thanks to Kentiya for all of his outstanding graphics for EE and EE Universe. He worked on most of the epic blocks currently included in the game, many of which are likely to be used in levels for years to come! You will be missed, and we appreciate you sticking around for graphics consultation as well. This seems like a good place to show off the spikes Kentiya created too:

unknown.png

LuridMetal35/FluidMetal90 - Thanks to LM35 for his work as a Moderator - It was very welcome at a time we needed it most, and although it didn't work out in the long run, we greatly appreciate the work you did, and that you may still be able to help us with Russian Translation in future.

Bud - Bud has been very supportive overall in regards to both Everybody Edits and EE Universe, and we massively appreciate all the work he's done for us. Real life time constraints have sadly gotten in the way, and he's leaving the team, but we hope he'll still drop by!

You will all be greatly missed, and we hope you're still able to play EE & EEU from time-to-time moving forward!

With that out of the way, let's welcome a bunch of new staff to the team!

Priddle - Former EE Owner NVD has returned to our development team, and has been doing excellent work with John to work on the Server Rework and is taking over Joshua's ongoing work on the frontend of EE Universe!

Capasha/Doh - Maintainer of EEditor and working on an EE to EEU converter, Capasha has been a vital part of the EE community, helping to boost many players' creativity in EE over the years. We're glad to bring him on board as a moderator, and he's already taking to the role like a duck to water!

MutantDevle - We're very pleased to have been able to bring MutantDevle to the Moderation Team! He's proven to be an excellent conflict mediator, and will be able to help shape and streamline EE Universe's moderation system as time goes on.

Minimania - With an extensive amount of moderation experience under his belt, Minimania looks to be an exceptional Moderator for both EE and EEU going forward. Welcome!

??? - We have an anonymous new Graphics Designer who would like to remain nameless for now. They've created the current One-Way blocks, upcoming Boost Blocks, Checkpoints, & World Portals, and are currently working on the Jungle Pack!

Boosterpack2.pngCheckpoint2.png

Current Staff & State of Play

Here's another quick run-down of what staff are currently working on.

Composers (Ravatroll, NeonSynth) - NeonSynth is currently working on a Factory/Industrial track which is shaping up very nicely, while Ravatroll's been producing a great Boss-Battle-type track, fitting the style very well.

Moderation Team (GrandSwordsman26/ShiningBlade, LRussell, Bud, Capasha, MutantDevle, Minimania) - Our largest Moderation Team ever! In addition to various new moderator training, we're continuing to work towards the the specifics of the Moderation Control Center, and a better guide for the community over precisely how the moderation system will work. We're also finally fixing Temporary Muting in Everybody Edits, so expect some mutes rather than bans in some cases moving forward.

Development Team (John, Priddle) - Both of our primary Developers are working mainly on the Server Rework for EE Universe, along with some work on EE following the events of a couple of weeks ago. Priddle recently reworked Portals entirely, and he and I plan to work on Boosts next. Cercul1 has provided us with the EE Offline code, so we will be taking over completing it soon, but we'd rather get EEU into Closed Beta Phase 2 first so everyone has the opportunity to Opt In to EE Universe! Joshua finished setting up the Shop and World Purchasing ready for when we're able to launch it following the Server Rework.

Xenonetix - In addition to continuing to invite new players to EE Universe, I've also been helping to train new staff. Other than that, trying to catch up with a lot of the admin work behind-the-scenes, as well as sorting out the plans and roadmap for the games to bring our new staff team all on the same page. I'll also be working with John to streamline the EEU Invite process ready for Closed Beta Phase 2, which is where anyone can Opt In, whether you have Beta or not!

What Is The Server Rework?

So I realised I speak about this "Server Rework" a lot, but haven't really explained what it is, why we're doing it, and why it's so important and necessary.

Overall, the Server Rework is about optimising the Server Code to make everything more intuitive and easier to use, including handling saving information to the server databases, but the most important part is that the server currently runs "Synchronous Code", which effectively means all actions in the game are queued up and executed in a row, almost no matter what the actions are. This is fine for the game as it is with a relatively small number of people playing at the moment, but it's impractical when it comes to a bunch of people wanting to do the same things at once.

For example, as a really basic example, if we already had the shop implemented with the current synchonous code, and two people wanted to purchase an item at almost exactly the same time, one player would have to wait (admittedly a matter of milliseconds) for the other player's transaction to complete before their own purchase processes. If you imagine this happening with hundreds of people at once, it could just result in the game freezing and timing out for dozens of players, which we wouldn't want to happen!

As such, a large portion of the current code needs to be rewritten to handle "Asynchronicity" instead, which would mean multiple people could do multiple server-based actions simultaneously without there being any such issues.

This basically means almost any server-based actions affecting and reading the databases need this "Asynchronous Code", which includes all the stuff we want so badly, but can't have quite yet. Primarily, this includes the Profiles, Friends System, Shop, World Purchasing, Energy Regeneration, and Moderation Control Center just to name a few. Admittedly, we could implement the Smiley Customizer, but as we plan to have the accessories available from the Shop, that kind of means we need the Shop existing first.

Thankfully though, it's not needed for things such as physics and blocks, which is why we're able to continue delivering content updates while the Server Rework is being worked on!

I hope this clears things up, and I hope we're finally able to add the Shop and World Purchasing soon! I feel like there may be a bit of a snowball effect with updates to Everybody Edits Universe after the Server Rework is finally complete, and I'm certainly looking forward to when that happens. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

See you in-game!

~ Xenonetix ~

P.S.

Xenonetix_2.png

#2 2020-08-15 00:44:15, last edited by Kira (2020-08-15 00:45:17)

Kira

Re: Even More Staff Changes & State of Play!

yh tbh no one careslol

-

how's everyone doing on this fine saturday? Make sure to wear your mask, corona is spiking up again

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2020-08-15 01:26:35, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-08-15 03:44:31)

Minisaurus
Banned

The spikes looks kinda strange with the spikes being placed from 1 to 3 spikes, but I think it is an improvement
It looks like it is being intuitively and automatically placed like so depending if the spike is either:
- Placed with no near block: central spike
- Placed on a block without near spikes or block closing the path: single spike
- Placed on a block near to a block that closes path right or left: Additional spike placed where the near block is (x2 spike) (In case it is two blocks in each side: x3 spikes.)
- Placed on a block near to a spike: merges the spike path with additional spikes (in case it is two spikes near each other: place spikes near each of them (x2 x2 spikes) in case it is 3 near spikes together: (x2 x2 spikes & x1 spike x3)
And the combination mixes depending on the event situation

That is a neat upgrade, similar of what we have now with signs auto-align, making all more intuitive

I guess that is not only graphical upgrade but also hitbox upgrade?
- As the spikes that are automatically placed to near blocks are 1/2 block sized, the hitbox might be good to be as the same the current EEU portal hitbox is, placeing the hitbox only in the corner where the spike is placed.
(If no near block and it is a spike graphic that suppose to be placed near a block: the spike behaviour hitbox is the hitbox of a centered spike instead)
(An additional hitbox of the spikes that are placed near a block might make sense to when the player join the spike hitbox horizontally instead of vertically (This hitbox is 1/2 sized closer to the block where the spike is placed))
- And for the central spike, it would be the hitbox we have in EE, placed in the center
This would allow more intuitive hitboxes for the graphics and in result more intuitive game-play

_
"We have an anonymous new Graphics Designer who would like to remain nameless" I guess there is only one graphic designer that is working anonymously?
"They've" & "and are", I guess there is more than one graphic designer that is working anonymously then?
Or might be that there is only one graphic designer on the graphic designer team working anonymously and there is also one staff member that is not a graphic designer but is helping the graphic designer team to create new assets? (This sounds to me like what is going on with that weird combination of plural/singular nouns/pronouns)

#4 2020-08-15 01:31:56

LukeM
Website

Xenonetix wrote:

A recent hack on 30th July included multiple accounts being edited through access to Player.IO, such as with username colors, names, and login streaks being adjusted, and thousands of Gems being issued. Thanks to the amazing work of John, we were able to bring the game back up under 48 hours later. There is no evidence to suggest there was any Data Breach in this hack, and the code, site, and client were not accessed or compromised. Since the hack, Player.IO has transferred the game again, blocking out any previous unauthorised access, and have agreed to look into improving overall security in a couple of ways (that should absolutely have been added years ago, but I won't go into detail until they've enforced them).

Thanks to everyone for their patience during this time!

Could you please clarify some parts of this statement?

1. Do you have any evidence as to how the attack took place, so that you can be sure that transferring the game would block out any attackers?
2. What do you mean by 'the code' was not accessed? Atilla claimed to have access to the EE/EEU source code, do you have reason to believe this isn't the case?
3. Do you have any evidence that suggests that attackers don't have access to modify the code, site, and/or client, or just that they haven't been modified yet?
4. Have Player.IO found any actual security vulnerabilities that would have allowed the attack to happen on their own, or are the security changes you're talking about only relevant if your password or dev token is shared?

#5 2020-08-15 01:52:41

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Xenonetix wrote:

I've also been helping to train new staff.

lol i can imagine

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#6 2020-08-15 02:00:49

Kentiya
Website

Kira wrote:

...corona is spiking up again

tenor.gif

Minisaurus wrote:

"We have an anonymous new Graphics Designer who would like to remain nameless" I guess there is only one graphic designer that is working anonymously?
"They've" & "and are", I guess there is more than one graphic designer that is working anonymously then?
Or might be that there is only one graphic designer on the graphic designer team working anonymously and there is also one staff member that is not a graphic designer but is helping the graphic designer team to create new assets? (This sounds to me like what is going on with that weird combination of plural/singular nouns/pronouns)

"They" (and subsequently "are") is often used when referring to a singular person but ignoring gender. English is great https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

kentiya-cartoony-120.png
Kentiya / Atikyne — EE & EEU lead artist 2018-2020

#7 2020-08-15 02:05:12

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Kentiya wrote:

"They" (and subsequently "are") is often used when referring to a singular person but ignoring gender. English is great

english is bad and inconsistent
/thread

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#8 2020-08-15 03:58:19, last edited by AllenCaspe9510 (2020-08-15 03:59:55)

AllenCaspe9510
Website

Why did NVD returned? I thought he destroys stuff, so its just a meme?

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

#9 2020-08-15 06:21:07

Gosha

the list of staff/exstaff will be soon longer than the list of us presidents

Wooted by: (2)

#10 2020-08-15 08:50:46, last edited by 2b55b5g (2020-08-15 08:53:21)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … nknown.png

i wonder what is this random italic text about.
combining them spells leveling.

xeno what are you hinting

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by: (2)

#11 2020-08-15 10:42:46

peace

im 99% sure leveling is part of an easter egg

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#12 2020-08-15 17:52:10

Andymakeer

nice team!

but still no Community Manager i see

F

#13 2020-08-15 21:48:13

Pqwerty

Is NN the anonymous graphics designer?

#14 2020-08-16 09:14:30

Edilights
Website

Kira wrote:

yh tbh no one careslol

Everyone cares this game and its future .

Pqwerty wrote:

Nope , NN said wasn't the graphics designer , so ...
Aftermath : Is someone unknown here?

#15 2020-08-16 10:30:25

peace

imagine im the ghrapic designer and i dont know it yet //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

peace.png

#16 2020-08-16 12:08:32

Kira

Edilights wrote:
Kira wrote:

yh tbh no one careslol

Everyone cares this game and its future .

Pqwerty wrote:

Nope , NN said wasn't the graphics designer , so ...
Aftermath : Is someone unknown here?

yeah for sure everyone cares about this game trust me

trust me bro

trust me XD

Wooted by:

#17 2020-08-16 13:40:17

John

Kira wrote:

yh tbh no one careslol

Kira wrote:

trust me bro

trust me XD

For every meme post you make on this topic

1 Georges will die
V0BnVwgjSTOHadRUIZuOKg.png

save the Georges

or DON'T

(stolen from m1)

PW?scale=2

Wooted by: (4)

#18 2020-08-16 15:30:17

Pqwerty

John wrote:
Kira wrote:

yh tbh no one careslol

Kira wrote:

trust me bro

trust me XD

For every meme post you make on this topic

1 Georges will die
http://image.prntscr.com/image/V0BnVwgj … IZuOKg.png

save the Georges

or DON'T

(stolen from m1)

John, Georges is a meme and you posted Georges in this thread. So by your rule, that means you have to kill a Georges. Why did you have to stain this pure thread with the blood of a fallen Georges? We didn't meme and you murdered him in cold blood. I can't forgive this. I can only hope to move on. May the fellow Nicktoot practitioners have mercy on your soul.

Wooted by:

#19 2020-08-16 16:21:33

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Please stay a little less off-topic thank you.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#20 2020-08-17 07:28:40

peace

leveling

peace.png

#21 2020-08-17 23:34:21

Mait

i swear to god, every single time I visit you guys here, the only new content I see is new staff.

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

#22 2020-08-18 01:35:08

Raphe9000

Mait wrote:

i swear to god, every single time I visit you guys here, the only new content I see is new staff.

Every month, you get a new set of staff for a limited time only! Make sure to buy yours before they're gone!

#23 2020-08-18 04:48:11

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Mait wrote:

Xeno hiring new staff members as older ones quit:

giphy.gif

Everybody Edits is Fred

#24 2020-08-18 14:45:25

Kira

Tomahawk wrote:

Please stay a little less off-topic thank you.

no1 cares honestly

this game's dead

eeu is dead too

every1 dies of age so does ee, accept it

ggwp guys was a good run

Wooted by:

#25 2020-08-18 15:51:03

peace

ahem EEU is getting updated so midn your words

peace.png

theoldinese1598004112784356

Board footer